GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both of you, that is why I said that I doubt he speaks spanish unless his birth family is native spanish speaking.
Now, because we don't know his relationship with his birth family, it is possible that he has certain feelings towards the spanish speaking community that stem from his feelings towards his birth family. Could be postive OR negative, but just a thought.

My dil is Mexican and does not speak a word of spanish. Her grandmother and mother speak some, but not her. My mother always encouraged her to learn it and also to teach my two grandchildren, but she has not done it. I really think it is a shame they haven't. jmo

I am still confused. Did all 5 Brunn boys live with a foster mother? Where is there "real" mother? There "real" father is in Virginia. Was the foster mother married? How long have the boys been with the foster mother? Why didn't they live with their dad?

Sorry if this has been discussed, my computer had a virus for 3 days.

Yeah, and why were the boys removed from the birth parents home and placed in foster care?

Re: sliding glass doors.

None of them appear to have sliding glass doors. They have a single door that opens onto the patio. The double frame things that appear on the master bedroom are windows. That is how windows are denoted on blueprints.

You can see the double windows and single door to the patios here: http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/4pico_lg.jpg

What I have read is that the boys were adopted as infants. 3 of them have the last name of Brunn. The sister's name is different, but I am thinking she is married. I am not aware of 5 only 3. I think for a short time RB did live with his dad in VA. That is all I have read.

Thank you, but if they were adopted, the mother in Dahlonega wouldn't be a foster mom and get $40,000 from the state of NY, would she? I didn't realize state governments would pay foster care for adopted children. Was she married to the Brunn father at one time? There are 5 Brunn brothers, but I will not name them because of their own privacy issues.

From 12/6/11

snipped

Bankhead, the GBI spokesman, said investigators believe the girl was killed at the apartment complex and her body left in the trash bin. Yellow crime scene tape blocked off the wooded area behind the girl's apartment building.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/jorelys-rivera-body-found_n_1131347.html

He must have left evidence (footprints, blood, or something along the way for them to block off the wooded area and I feel sure he took the wooded area behind the apartments to the dumpster after Mck16 (ty btw) posted the link to this article a page or so back.

Sorry if I'm behind. In and out today.

the information about the back patio exit from the crime scene apt comes from Wise Old Owl, who watched the walk thru done by a reporter during GBI's search of that apartment, video footage showed LE walking in and out of that patio exit which was located at the rear of the building. There was a walkway/path there which led around the outer edge of the complex and also a retaining type wall along the outside edge of the complex grounds.

I watched this same thing with Mike Brooks. It did not show them coming out of a door. We don't know where they were coming from. We can assume that it was an exit, but it did not show an actual door. The camera shot was from far away. Just to clarify.

Re: sliding glass doors.

None of them appear to have sliding glass doors. The have a single door that opens onto the patio. The double frame things that appear on the master bedroom are windows. That is how windows are denoted on blueprints.

You can see the double windows and single door to the patios here: http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/4pico_lg.jpg

Thank you! If my husband were home he would have known immediately, I am no blueprint reader, but then I guess you figured that out :blush:

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums...f-Jorelys-Rivera-Potential-Death-Penalty-Case

Quotes Lindsey Hale, who lives in the apartment next door to the Rivera family, said that after Jorelys' body was found, she called the police tip line twice with information about Brunn.

She said that in recent weeks she had noticed him driving slowly around the playground, looking at the children. "I just got creeped out by him," Hale said.

I am still confused. Did all 5 Brunn boys live with a foster mother? Where is there "real" mother? There "real" father is in Virginia. Was the foster mother married? How long have the boys been with the foster mother? Why didn't they live with their dad?

I'm pretty sure it was stated none of them were actually siblings. So for all we know there could be 5 different mothers. And there were 4 boys:

SPB
Ryan Brunn
CB
SB

and 1 sister:

CS (appears to be married)

It is the boys' foster/adopted father that lives in VA, not the birth father. The father (JB) has commented on one of CB's photo albums.

I believe an adopting family can get monies for adopting foster children who that state has classified as high risk children. Some states call these benefits deferred adoption assistance agreements. It preserves future active adoption assistance eligibility for the child in the event that the family needs assistance in meeting the needs of the child. I don't think New York offers it. I would think however that if you transfer the child's, who is in care, custody to a state that offers it. They would probably honor the benefit if the foster parent intends to adopt upon that transfer.

Thank you, but if they were adopted, the mother in Dahlonega wouldn't be a foster mom and get $40,000 from the state of NY, would she? I didn't realize state governments would pay foster care for adopted children. Was she married to the Brunn father at one time? There are 5 Brunn brothers, but I will not name them because of their own privacy issues.

I am almost certain that in most if not all States one CANNOT homeschool foster children.Foster children must go to public school.
One can adopt the child if they are eligible for adoption and still recieve some payment ,but not nearly as much as "fostering".
That is a big reason why homeschoolers do not "foster" children very often, they mostly adopt because they want to educate their own child.

I'm beginning to think that homeschooling could just be the little lie that was told due to RB or even the other kids dropping out, maybe she couldn't control him or he was in trouble as a juvie a lot? So they said or someone said they were homeschooled? I've seen kids do that out here and wait to get their GED's. That was when my children went to school long ago though. Just putting it out there. eta, not mine, but children in school with them.

I personally don't know how they could tell. I said earlier when I asked the similar question, that was one hell of an ME to be able to tell all those things on a body that had been compacted and in a dumpster for maybe 3 days. jmo

ME = Medical Examiner

Jorelys mother chose to have an open coffin visitation. Respectfully the body wasn't in that bad of a condition. One of the WS members last night said she appeared to be sleeping. That leads me to believe the body was put into the dumpster but not - said with the utmost of respect-compacted.

The only place I believe it has been stated that RB speaks Spanish was on his own personal FB page, and I have seen the language entries on FB greatly exaggerated by several people (my own former coworkers, for example.) Unless his birth family was a native spanish speaking family, I somehow doubt he spoke fluent spanish. I think that bilingual claim is made by many people with at best 8th grade uno-dos-tres, si-no spanish. A GED or 10th grade education usually doesn't reflect someone who has mastered a foreign language. I wouldn't be surprised if he could say "hello, my name is...I am the maintenance man, nice to meet you", but I would be FLOORED if he could hold an intelligent conversation in Spanish.

Also, I have seen many people who are bigoted against latinos learn spanish..OT but especially some caucasian men who seek out latina women to marry with the fantasy of having a submissive partner. Usually doesn't work out so well for them, but they do try.
BEM: I find that line racist, but I am not offended.

I don't think this was a matter of racism...I think it was 5:00 on Friday, she was there, as always, he'd have all weekend to dispose of her, and he's not that bright.

I am almost certain that in most if not all States one CANNOT homeschool foster children.Foster children must go to public school.
One can adopt the child if they are eligible for adoption and still recieve some payment ,but not nearly as much as "fostering".
That is a big reason why homeschoolers do not "foster" children very often, they mostly adopt because they want to educate their own child.

I haven't been following this whole homeschool/foster/adoption issue, but my brother and his wife homeschool five kids in Georgia. My brother is an attorney so I e-mailed him, and he told me he thought that foster children in Georgia could be homeschooled but wasn't sure, so I googled it. This is what I've found:

Ms Doxey: Before I begin I would like to say that all foster families will need to speak with their caseworker if they would like to homeschool.

Ms Doxey: In the state of GA. the Foster parent can request a Waiver in order to homeschool. The caseworker will know the process to follow.

http://www.gacrs.org/resources/arch...ption-that-many-adoptive-parents-are-choosing

Question:
does anyone out there know if it's possible to homeschool foster children?

Answer:
-I don't know all of the rules, but I do recall that one of the other foster families in Camden County (Georgia) did home school their birth AND foster children.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...reDTBA&usg=AFQjCNG36k1hFjzlROJ1msuotiub0-VJdw

We adopted our son in Georgia and were foster parents before that. Homeschooling is not an issue against you as perspective adoptive parents. However, if you do go through the state system, they will most likely have you keep the child in PS until adoption is final. Not always though, our social worker actually said she preferred homeschooling families for some children that did better out of PS. But, as long as the child is still a ward of the state you have to work with the social worker/judge and of course their opinions vary, as do anyone's.

http://www.secularhomeschool.com/archive/index.php/t-2915.html

I'm beginning to think that homeschooling could just be the little lie that was told due to RB or even the other kids dropping out, maybe she couldn't control him or he was in trouble as a juvie a lot? So they said or someone said they were homeschooled? I've seen kids do that out here and wait to get their GED's. That was when my children went to school long ago though. Just putting it out there. eta, not mine, but children in school with them.

Exactly what I was thinking. My kids are 19 and 23 so it has been pretty recent that some kids that I knew did just that. One boy in my son's grade had some trouble with drugs and alcohol. He got kicked out of school at 16 and instead of going to the alternative school he decided to be 'homeschooled.' The bad thing was that his parents did nothing about his education. I felt bad for him.

One of the girls in my daughter's 11th grade class got really behind in all of her classes because she kept going to visit her boyfriend at his college. She basically just dropped out and was telling people she was homeschooling. But she was not really doing that, she was just trying to study for the GED test.

I just want to say in reading the complaints against the dilegence and lack of speed by the Canton police, I think this is terrible. Because nothing could have changed her dying except for better supervision. And the outcome will be same whether they had found her 1 day or 5 days later. Im confident they will convict the guilty party based on the massive amounts of evidence left over by this unexperienced criminal.

Many children are never found which is very frustrating and in some cases when they are found, the guilty party is not convicted. In this case we have both the body and the conviction (to come).

To fault the police at this stage is just nuts.

As an adoptive mom, I kind of wince at the term 'REAL mother.' In many ways I feel that I am the 'real' mother, but I do get what you mean.

Sadly, in this case,the adoptive mother might not have been doing such a stellar job. imoo

As an adoptive mom, I kind of wince at the term 'REAL mother.' In many ways I feel that I am the 'real' mother, but I do get what you mean.

Sadly, in this case,the adoptive mother might not have been doing such a stellar job. imoo

I agree with you on that one. I would think that the mother would stand by her son. In court she was not there to support Ryan Brunn.

So, was that his apartment? Did he just move into it or claim it as his? Was it the apartment Jorelys was murdered in? So many questions and will have to wait for document dumps it appears or loose lips.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said.

Karla Reister, whose boyfriend, James McCollum lives upstairs from the vacant apartment where police believe Jorelys was killed, said she encountered Brunn on Saturday afternoon.

“I told him it’s sad this little girl is missing,” she said. “He said, ‘this neighborhood is bad and it’s getting worse.'"

http://www.ajc.com/news/20-year-old-...d-1253966.html

Highlighted, I think that was the name of the guy on tv who said he was visiting his girlfriend, he wore a red shirt in the video some said he was hinky. But then again, it's going to take a while for me to catch up as I see there's articles being posted that I hadn't read, and some old ones & now the statements hold more importance than when read previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper