GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it was stated none of them were actually siblings. So for all we know there could be 5 different mothers. And there were 4 boys:

SPB
Ryan Brunn
CB
SB

and 1 sister:

CS (appears to be married)

It is the boys' foster/adopted father that lives in VA, not the birth father. The father (JB) has commented on one of CB's photo albums.

I stand corrected. :) There are 5 boys.

SPB
Ryan Brunn
CB
BB
SB

and the sister: CS

:)

Here is my theory. First of all, a past teacher at the school where he played football said that the parents did not attend the kids school games or functions. So that makes me doubt that she was that enthusiastic a homeschool teacher.

In my experience, parents who homeschool are one of two types.
A] Incredibly motivated and connected and focused on their kids educations OR B] using homeschooling as an excuse to stay away from prying eyes, and very lax to say the least.

I think that he probably was in school at one point, and something disrupted that situation, so they just went with the homeschooling excuse. imoo

Sad to say, none of these boys appear to have much knowledge on grammar, spelling, or sentence structure. :/

Sad to say, none of these boys appear to have much knowledge on grammar, spelling, or sentence structure. :/

Exactly. Most homeschooled kids, who really are being home schooled, have that stuff down. There were apparently 5 boys and girl. I could not imagine trying to homeschool 5 boys. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also, in looking around, it appears that Ryan's last activity on both MySpace and FB (if I remember correctly) was 11/28. Makes me wonder if there was anything in particular that happened that week???????

I just want to say in reading the complaints against the dilegence and lack of speed by the Canton police, I think this is terrible. Because nothing could have changed her dying except for better supervision. And the outcome will be same whether they had found her 1 day or 5 days later. Im confident they will convict the guilty party based on the massive amounts of evidence left over by this unexperienced criminal.

Many children are never found which is very frustrating and in some cases when they are found, the guilty party is not convicted. In this case we have both the body and the conviction (to come).

To fault the police at this stage is just nuts.

This!!!!! Sad but true.
There is some weird agenda going on to blame LE for something....anything in this case, and I'm wondering where it has it's roots, and why people keeping reaching to lay something bad at the feet of the LE who were working this case initially.

IF LE were at fault in some way I'd be the first screaming but, for the life of me I'm not sure what exactly they did wrong and what could they could have done to save Jorely, or what evidence was lost due to LE's initial actions.

This is one of the fastest arrests of a suspect and recovery of a missing child I've seen here on WS.

:shrugs:

I'm only half being a smart **s here, (and not directed towards you!:seeya:) but I've read he and his siblings were homeschooled. How exactly does one 'quit school' when you're homeschooled? "Hey, Ma. How about you quit giving me reading assignments and papers to do. I'm gonna go smoke weed on the front porch and punch a dog in the nose now." :waitasec:

Being home schooled, you still have to take tests :waitasec:that are given by the board of education. This insures that each child is actually learning while being home schooled.

Question: What is a "motion of discovery" and would that mean anything particular in this case?

Discovery is when either side (prosecution or defense) requests whatever evidence the other side has. Each side is allowed to see what the other side has BEFORE it is introduced in a courtroom.

A Motion for Discovery is usually filed by the defense to compel the prosecution to hand over whatever evidence (lab reports, forensic reports, interviews, depositions, etc) to them.

mrsu, is that when the defense council ask the Court for infomation the DA has received? Seems to me it should be called motion "for" discovery. Defense wants to know on what grounds/evidence DA has for charges. I might be way off here.

This!!!!! Sad but true.
There is some weird agenda going on to blame LE for something....anything in this case, and I'm wondering where it has it's roots, and why people keeping reaching to lay something bad at the feet of the LE who were working this case initially.

IF LE were at fault in some way I'd be the first screaming but, for the life of me I'm not sure what exactly they did wrong and what could they could have done to save Jorely, or what evidence was lost due to LE's initial actions.

This is one of the fastest arrests of a suspect and recovery of a missing child I've seen here on WS.

:shrugs:

IDK if the inital guys could have done better. I do feel that no matter what, Jorely could not have been saved but this article makes a few intriguing points that might need to be addressed.

http://www.ajc.com/news/a-vigil-and-lingering-1255879.html

Being home schooled, you still have to take tests :waitasec:that are given by the board of education. This insures that each child is actually learning while being home schooled.

True, but one can quit taking the tests at 16 I believe.

GA has to test every 3 years beginning with 3rd grade, so technically he probably did quit in 10th,because his last test was in 9th, but if he lived in VA, it could have been different,as I think VA has different laws.

Each State had their own LAWS, the best place to learn about this is ;
Home School Legal Defense Association HSLDA

Once on the home page ,on the right click on "my state"

next page click on what state you want to look up

next page,click on Laws how to homeschool in state you chose

next page click on a legal analasys.

This site is very thorough and up to date as they are attorneys protecting our rights to homeschool.

From the funeral...

Attachments

• 111210025235-jorelys-rivera-card-story-top.jpg
    111210025235-jorelys-rivera-card-story-top.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 46
I have read everything except thread #4 p 4-11, maybe more once posted.

One thing I have NOT seen STILL debated is the height/weight issue when Jorelys went missing.

3 feet tall and 80 pounds.
4 feet tall and 80 pounds.

I have children. I know growth charts for seven year old females.
50 percentile at 4 feet and seven years would put her at 50 pounds maximum.
Did her photos make her look like a plump child? I say nope.

The apartments at River Ridge … did they include refrigerator/freezers?
Were they top or side by side?
This hurts to type … but I could ‘fit’ a wrapped 4’ 45 lb in both of those type freezers and refrigerators, easy. Ask if the power was still on in the apartment? Were the utilities all paid by each tenant(s)? Chances are they were off and the dumpster was the next location. (I previously posted about the Honda, etc.)
Forget the lime.
I am handy around my home … hurricanes happen on shores (Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf) and duct tape, cable/zip ties, large garbage bags,tarps and misc are handy quick fixes.
(This post should have taken 10 min, not an hour … my emergency stuff might hide a child … that thought gags me.)
I still ditto my previous comment that the initial dogs were K-9s and not SAR, etc.
And even in hindsight, city LE would not have ‘found’ her or a location in time that Friday. GBI swiftly did a wrap up. And Walmart alibi(s)/roommate and his mom may have pled off for truth …

RB is about 5’9” and ~170 lbs max?
His brother (SPB) on his FB claims he (SP) is 5’9” and 135 lbs (I saw him on the news, but 135 for 5’9” is rail thin, not the guy on TV this week -moo).
I also know forensics.
I am a Clinical Licensed Scientist.
Give me enough sample, reagents and instruments and I can do a quick and dirty in a day. Flow Cytometry is magic! Each cell carries a fingerprint.
If GBI Director Vernon Keenan says he has it, I believe him.
An ME is godparent to my children.
I haven’t been called up for jury duty in years and only that once … wonder why? I do not.
I lived in the area north of Atlanta for 20 years … it used to be farm country … does Dunwoody ring a bell? Horses lived on my way to school.

My good HS friend Jim F was murdered in Dahlonega, GA during a break and enter into to his home (for his beer).
Sorry for my rambling … I just wanted to give Jim a nod … lost but never forgotten.

I also have strong instincts … and they are telling me this is a done deal.

So, why am I still here if I think 12-2 (Fri) to 12-7 (Wed) is a done and wrapped deal?
Easy.
Because folks still sneak up on me and I still need to learn why.
When one files a yearly Federal tax return … that place where one fills in Occupation?
I always put “Full Time Student”.
My W-2 will provide the details.

Thanks for all of your contributions and volunteered time.
I have more to share on personal encounters with maintenance persons … but that is for another post, maybe.
I have to send/post this or never.
No more edits now.

Silly me forgot to ask … what is BBM? Black Berry Message?

True, but one can quit taking the tests at 16 I believe.

It looks like you are right, Unlike Ryan Brunn, a child who wants to go on to an accredited college he/she will need to continue to test and "Students in home study programs shall be subject to an appropriate nationally standardized testing program administered in consultation with a person trained in the administration and interpretation of norm referenced tests." This is in accordance with the childs local school district. -As quoted from this link in the State of Georgia http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/askdoe.aspx?PageReq=ASKHome

The catch is, however not all boards of education endorse homeschooling. It can be tricky.

Silly me forgot to ask … what is BBM? Black Berry Message?

click the link in my signature line sometime :) BBM is Bolded By Me

For commonly used websleuths lingo and abreviations the link will answer alot

I am sorry BUT If she was that 'creeped out' by him, then why didn't she call and report his 'odd' behavior BEFORE the fact....

:banghead:
that is why we have police- to serve and protect...not JUST for catching criminals AFTER they commit crimes

That is a valuable point. I would have called if I had seen anyone hanging around kids like that. Whether they were in a car, on foot, bicycle, roller skates, or just simply skipping by. 911 would have known about that. In other words, it doesn't hurt to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298