GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She left alone and didn't return.

"She reportedly told other children at the playground that she was going inside to get drinks, but never returned."
http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/police-find-body-of-1249642.html

According to this latest report, Jorelys did return to the playground with the drinks. How odd that witnesses say they saw her at the playground after she got the drinks but no one including her playmates saw what happened next?

WHAT POLICE BELIEVE HAPPENED

Investigators said they believed that prior to her disappearance, Jorelys went into the apartment to grab some drinks for her friends. Baker said statements provided by witnesses indicate that the child returned to the park after getting the drinks.

When asked if the soda cans were found and were being tested, Baker responded, “Property was collected; (we are) not going to divulge.”
Keenan said investigators believe the child was abducted in the area of the playground, taken to an unlocked vacant apartment, assaulted and murdered. Her body then was put in the Dumpster.

http://www.ledgernews.com/news/1108...urder-charge-case-not-presented-to-grand-jury

BBM=bolded by me in the above quote

Hi abagale, What are you talking about in regards to "the victim being returned to where she was found?" She was found in a dumpster!!

I think she meant he took her off somewhere and then returned her to where she was eventually found.

To answer the noise question - you really only hear noise from the apartments above, not below. Had he taken her to an upstairs apartment, someone could easily have heard every movement.

Media has not been in that apt. so they don't know exactly what it looks like.

I take what they say with a grain of salt. They are looking for that competitive 3-minute news blip or the sensational headline for dying newspapers.

Is there a timeline on RB yet? I ask this cause of this blood amount that is being talked about, and clean up time.

I am still under the impression that RB went to JR's house and asked the mother for a picture of her, then went to the leasing office to help in the search.

This obviously couldn't be on the same day, Friday. Right?

I think I will always be speculating till LE puts out what they have on this RB, and waiting 2 months to formally charge him is a lot of loose string in my mind.

IDK, I've been looking up length of time between arrest and indictment for murder, and it seems like 30-60 days is thrown out there quite a bit and even longer in some cases. (Not going to link because I'm finding it on 'ask a lawyer' message boards.) One lawyer even stated that if there were going to be multiple charges, he'd personally wait to have all evidence gathered/test results back before submiting it all at once to the grand jury, instead of piecemeal. It sounds like many DAs preferred to take their time the more serious the charges--and the time they take doesn't necessarily mean they don't have enough proof to go forward. They're just being careful and thorough.

He was arrested a week ago. I think it would be a minimum of thirty days if they want to indict him on multiple charges (with all test results back, as much of his path traced, people interviewed, past checked, etc. to present to the grand jury.) RB has to sit and bide his time, and so do we.

And I don't think we're going to get to hear/see much of any evidence before the grand jury does.

But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong! :seeya:

Some have make-ready guys and painters, but yeah, that would be the pecking order. If there was no make-ready person, he probably did a few fix it things as well - in vacant apartments. It's rare he would be given keys to occupied.

"having 36 apartments all to himself at any given time."

Agreed but I thought it was stated that River Ridge at Canton had 36 vacancies at the time of this incident.

For me the fact that there was not as much blood being reported now is not the part that bothers me. What bothers me is that now the story is changing. The reported facts are changing. So what is going to change next. It is just kind of making my faith that the evidence is overwhelming a little shaky. jmo

I am still catching up with the thread, but I have already come to the some conclusion. Why is the story changing?

We need to see the real evidence.

Jorelys is now an angel and honoring her memory is top priority.

I also hate the thought that RB, who is really still just a child, could be innocent and this accusation will ruin his life.

The article said the first LE on the scene reported the blood at the briefing, but that it was not a lot of blood. When LE went back, I'm fairly certain they used luminol to see it there was more, and that is when they found it. I don't recall reading there was blood on the ceiling...not that you said it...but that seems extreme.

The other thing would be the type of trash bag he used to get rid of her, if he used one. Apartment communities usually always use commercial, heavy bags to trash out apartments that are not found at the Piggly Wiggly. This would be a huge clue.

No, I did not say there was blood on the ceiling. As a matter of fact I just recall the reports that there was a bloody mattress. I think probably after hearing of the wounds I pictured in my mind lots of blood. Certainly more than what would appear as a bloody nose. And I believe initial reports indicated it was a gruesome scene. So now with the reports minimizing that it appears to me they are backing off the original reports. I believe there have even been reports that people would be shocked at the things that were done when the truth comes out. So, it lends to a worse crime scene than what we are now being told. But, then again we really aren't being told much. The fatal blow to the head could have been in the woods or outside thus not much blood in the apt.

I think it is a good theory that she may have been in one of those trash bags. But, the truth is until more information is released, it is just going to be speculation and nothing concrete has been presented to implicate RB. JMO

Is there a timeline on RB yet? I ask this cause of this blood amount that is being talked about, and clean up time.

I am still under the impression that RB went to JR's house and asked the mother for a picture of her, then went to the leasing office to help in the search.

I think I will always be speculating till LE puts out what they have on this RB, and waiting 2 months to formally charge him is a lot of loose string in my mind.

BBM - Where did that come from? I don't remember seeing that in any MSM report.

BEM: It would be difficult to count the number of child molesters and child killers who were wonderful to children and just wanted to make a difference. Absolutely meaningless to me.

"To everyone who met him, xxxx seemed a likable and affable man. He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with. He was a good Catholic and sharp businessman who, when not running his construction company was active in the Jaycees and was also a Democratic Party precinct captain, when he had his photo taken with then First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. He also spent much of his free time hosting elaborate street parties for his friends and neighbors, serving in community groups and entertaining children xxxxx. He was a generous, hard working, friendly, devoted family man, everyone knew that -- but that was the side of xxxx that he allowed people to see."

Guess who?

vlpate, can you tell me who that passage is about? tia

IDK, I've been looking up length of time between arrest and indictment for murder, and it seems like 30-60 days is thrown out there quite a bit and even longer in some cases. (Not going to link because I'm finding it on 'ask a lawyer' message boards.) One lawyer even stated that if there were going to be multiple charges, he'd personally wait to have all evidence gathered/test results back before submiting it all at once to the grand jury, instead of piecemeal. It sounds like many DAs preferred to take their time the more serious the charges--and the time they take doesn't necessarily mean they don't have enough proof to go forward. They're just being careful and thorough.

He was arrested a week ago. I think it would be a minimum of thirty days if they want to indict him on multiple charges (with all test results back, as much of his path traced, people interviewed, past checked, etc. to present to the grand jury.) RB has to sit and bide his time, and so do we.

And I don't think we're going to get to hear/see much of any evidence before the grand jury does.

But that's just my opinion and I could be wrong! :seeya:

I so agree with you. I think we are going to see LOTS of charges. Right off the bat I can think of... murder, kidnapping with bodily injury, rape, obstruction, child molestation, robbery (if he took anything of JR's), etc etc.

It will take time to put all this evidence together for a Grand Jury.

I am still catching up with the thread, but I have already come to the some conclusion. Why is the story changing?

I also hate the thought that RB, who is really still just a child, could be innocent and this accusation will ruin his life.

Isn't RB 20? I don't see how that is a child...JMO
Anyway, no one's life should be ruined by a false accustion, regardless of age. But I've seen nothing at this point to determine he is being falsely accused.

He is over 17. He is NOT a child. Innocent.I dont think so.

Isn't RB 20? I don't see how that is a child...JMO
Anyway, no one's life should be ruined by a false accustion, regardless of age. But I've seen nothing at this point to determine he is being falsely accused.

He is 20. That can be confirmed by his arrest record. You're spot on with the rest of your post imo.

I think this is going to be very bad when we hear the totality of it. One of the things that I noticed is that she was killed by blunt force trauma to the head. So she did not die by the stabbings if I assume correctly. If she were stabbed after she died would there be a lot of blood? I do not even want to verbalize what I think might have been done! There was something done to her that is described as horrific and brutal. (to me that means she may have been alive for most of it) They discuss this is a mammoth case. When I hear that word I think of huge and wonder what else the investigation will encompass? I hope she wasn't conscious.

I also suspect that "the killing" may have been "planned and calculated" but Jorelys was just the convenient one. If it is planned and calculated that means they have evidence of preparation to me. I suspect they want to wait on all tests, etc to come back and have their t's crossed and i's dotted.

There were also other injuries to the child that I am not going to describe,” Keenan said during a press conference Dec. 6. “This is a horrific and brutal murder.”

Keenan also said last week that he did not know “to what extent” Jorelys was targeted, but called the killing “very calculated and planned.”

“This is a mammoth case,” Keenan said, noting the investigation would continue for several months. “We are confident Brunn is the killer. That is why he is in custody.”
http://www.ledgernews.com/news/1108...urder-charge-case-not-presented-to-grand-jury

Going back to catch up.

Are you thinking he might have helped his roommate dispose of the body?

or he helped his roommate/someone out by disposing of some 'trash' unknowing of what it actually was???

me still thinks sumpin is hinky:waitasec:

Not that I am aware of.

I didn't see where this had been posted before, please forgive me if it has:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/sheriff-admits-major-mistakes-made-search-jorelys-/nF3MN/

Lance also offered no explanation why he never called in the GBI, whose child abduction response team was created to help local agencies in the critical first few hours.

Ironically, it was Garrison who ultimately called the GBI and within hours found the crime scene and Jorelys' body in a nearby dumpster no one had checked.

Strong words about both the Canton police chief (Lance) and the Sheriff (Garrison) whose deputies overlooked the blood in the vacant apartment.

Once the GBI got there and the situation began to actually be considered an abduction things began to move quickly, but it is disheartening to read of a jumbled initial response by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone