GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

http://www.ledgernews.com/news/1108...urder-charge-case-not-presented-to-grand-jury

"
WHAT POLICE BELIEVE HAPPENED
Investigators said they believed that prior to her disappearance, Jorelys went into the apartment to grab some drinks for her friends. Baker said statements provided by witnesses indicate that the child returned to the park after getting the drinks.
When asked if the soda cans were found and were being tested, Baker responded, “Property was collected; (we are) not going to divulge.”
Keenan said investigators believe the child was abducted in the area of the playground, taken to an unlocked vacant apartment, assaulted and murdered. Her body then was put in the Dumpster.
An arrest warrant for Brunn indicates that the suspected murder occurred in building 10000.
“We have collected evidence inside the (vacant) apartment that we believe is blood,” Keenan said. “That evidence has been submitted to the GBI crime laboratory, and we are awaiting the results of that examination.”

So she DID return to the park? I thought she never came back!

I was thinking the same thing.So she returned to the park?I remember there was a witness that saw a white Honda? sitting there.Running?Did RB drive a car like this?Who drove a car like this?

also from your link georgiagirl:

A Cherokee County Grand Jury was to convene Monday, however, as of press time, Brunn had not been indicted.

Burns said an indictment likely is “months away.”

and this

Worthy said while investigators understand the public is interested in the case, the main focus is “prosecuting Ryan Brunn.”

“By putting too much information out to the media and the public, we run the risk of having to change the trial location if a trial was requested by the defendant. We also want to respect the Rivera family and spare them any details that they may not want to hear or read about in the papers and see on TV,” she said. “We want to bring justice for Jorelys and the Rivera family.”

More from the above Atlanta Journal Constitution article: BBM

Investigators questioned Brunn twice after the body was found Monday. By Tuesday night, he was a wreck.

John Tosso, who lives in that building and who had seen Brunn once or twice before, passed by an animated Brunn, who was talking to two other maintenance men. “He was showing us his wrists saying, ‘I didn’t do it!’ ”

Then, he said, Brunn turned to him. “He said he thought I was with him that night,” Tosso said. But, Tosso said, he had been nowhere around Brunn.

In that moment, Tosso said, “I knew something was wrong.”

My question: Why was he showing his wrists? I don't get this

That's a good catch Hickory! Showing his wrist.

I am convinced the whole 'girlfriend' story was a lie. I don't think RB had a girlfriend at all. I don't think there was anyone else involved. It is hard to wrap my mind around one person being this twisted - much less TWO! And these guys had only been living together for a few weeks - IMO they didn't know each other well enough to start planning murders together. I think the roommate barely knew RB - no one really did.

I did find it strange that Ryan would have found a girlfriend within a month of moving to Canton but that's what he said.

Has anyone said on FB that Ryan found a girlfriend when he moved to Canton? He apparently didn't have a gf before he moved and he described himself as a caring, trustworthy person inviting women to "hit him up".

MO is two people are not involved in this crime for the same reason you cited.

AFAIK Ryan was friends with the guy who got him the job and his friend's mother worked at the complex. Was this fella Ryan's roommate?

I don't understand why Ryan would betray his employer by committing such a heinous act at his place of employment. His former employer refused to comment about Ryan but it appears he was hard working, dedicated to his job, and had a good work history with no criminal record.

An indictment is months away? That worries me. That says ,to me ,that there are no bloody palm prints or bloody work clothes found at the crime scene.

WSB TV - Channel 2 locally just did a brief report about the investigatory logs we've already discussed here, and focused on their breaking camp on Saturday evening as well as not having the GBI involved. Additionally, the logs apparently show that the Canton PD Chief was NEVER at the scene during the searches Friday and Saturday...of course, he refused an on-camera interview to address the issue.

They are planning additional reporting during the 6pm news, and I'll do my best to take good notes.

Westie Mom

Yes,Why was he showing his wrists and who is John Tosso.Why was he suppose to be with him that night?

Nothing the witnesses have said in this case makes much sense to me and imo their comments are all prejudicial.

WSB TV - Channel 2 locally just did a brief report about the investigatory logs we've already discussed here, and focused on their breaking camp on Saturday evening as well as not having the GBI involved. Additionally, the logs apparently show that the Canton PD Chief was NEVER at the scene during the searches Friday and Saturday...of course, he refused an on-camera interview to address the issue.

They are planning additional reporting during the 6pm news, and I'll do my best to take good notes.

Westie Mom

I don't think it is that strange that police chief would not be at a search sight. I think they often stay at the station and delegate/

- I wondered how long Joselinne and her 3 daughters had lived in the apt they resided in when this tragedy occurred and this article said they had moved into the RR complex apts six-months ago and one-month ago the family moved to the ground floor unit which means Joselinne and her daughters moved into the ground-floor apartment the same time Ryan Brunn started his new job.

- The two female adults who lived in the apartment with the 3 girls both worked the graveyeard shift at PP chicken plant and both women were sleeping when Jorelys disappeared after leaving the playground at approximately 5 pm. They worked from 10:15 p.m. to 7:15 a.m.

- Was the vacant apartment where Jorelys was murdered in the basement? Both Joselinne and HJC lived in ground floor apartments and this article said Heather’s apartment is a floor above the vacant unit.

- This article doesn’t say anything about Ryan Brunn telling LE he was at WalMart; it includes one statement by Tosso who said Brunn thought he was with him Friday night but Tosso said he wasn’t yet Tosso also said he did pass by an animated Brunn while he was talking to two other maintenance men. “He was showing us his wrists saying, ‘I didn’t do it!’ so if a group was searching for Jorelys, I can understand why Brunn might have thought Tosso was with them, meaning the group of searchers. Then Tosso said, “In that moment, Tosso said, “I knew something was wrong.” But it simply could’ve been a misunderstanding since Tosso would have had to be within hearing distance of Brunn and the other maintenance workers to hear his comment.
:fence: Show me the evidence that links RB to this crime please!!

I could be wrong, but, isn't this tosso guy the boyfriend of the girl upstairs who said her boyfriend was out searching with RB that night...If so, that would explain what rb meant by wasn't i with you...I do remember reading about the girlfriend saying that, but i don't remember how far back it was..maybe someone can help me find the link,, it was from msm

BBM
same here . . . I am curious how & why the MANAGER of this complex has not released a statement. Where is she? She had many complaints against her prior to this crime, and her son was the roommate who I'd think has MUCH input into this !

I'm also curious how LE came back with DNA evidence so quickly to nail RB! I know it has not been released, but how else would they TAG him & be so confident? He was not the only one with access to the vacant apts or to the compactor or to his own apt!

:fence:

A date for his arraignment has not been set. Cherokee County District Attorney Garry Moss' office is expected to file additional charges against Brunn in the "near future," Keenan said one week ago.

As of this morning, no new charges had been filed, an official at the Cherokee County Magistrate Court said.

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/a-second-suspect

LE are in control of this investigation and they advised Jorelys's family to cancel a scheduled press conference so they may have asked this woman and her son not to speak to the press.

I seem to recall a girl on RB's fb talking about how she was going to come and visit him..and if i'm not mistaken she mentioned a honda. i'll have to go look at some of the fb stuff.

Westie Mom

BBM

Wow! Very interesting..... But what I know of him can't say I am that shocked.

I could be wrong, but, isn't this tosso guy the boyfriend of the girl upstairs
who said her boyfriend was out searching with RB that night...If so, that would explain what rb meant by wasn't i with you...I do remember reading about the girlfriend saying that, but i don't remember how far back it was..maybe someone can help me find the link,, it was from msm

IIRC his name was JM- the guy on NG that said he was home the whole day at his girlfriends place and didn't hear anything and he'd never seen Jorelys but his girlfriend knew the child and her mom...
I GOTTA watch that interview again!
He also said someone knocked on his door about (9:00pm???) and asked if she was there?
Sounds to me like JR had been over to see the puppy before.
Wonder if this was the apartment she was found in previously?:waitasec:

An indictment is months away? That worries me. That says ,to me ,that there are no bloody palm prints or bloody work clothes found at the crime scene.

they said it would take some time to process all the evidence. I personally am not worried.. but that is just me.

:twocents:

the director of the gbi said they are confident they have their man... now we have to be patient while the wheels of justice turn.. :twocents:

You can't believe all these ratings. Look up five more communities in the area. Residents don't write on this site when they're happy. Most of the good ratings are written by staff to raise the percentage. A lot of residents write when they're mad at the manager because she wouldn't wait all month on their rent - or she took their deposit for destroying the apartment. Many times the posts have truth, but they are rarely the whole truth. Then there's the problem with a manager's hands being tied by the management company - she or he can only do so much.

Look up other apartments, you'll see what I mean.

Good information vlpate.:santahat:

Please don't sleuth the roommate unless LE has given reason to and it that happened, be sure you post the link.

Please stop sleuthing the manager unless LE has given reason to and it that has happened, be sure you post the link.

Please stop copying and pasting comments from other boards here - that is against the rules. You may paraphrase and add a link. That is the process.

Thanks!

Salem

The wrist comment was strange...maybe he had been handcuffed and detained at some point? Not sure if that follows typical procedure (cuffs before actual arrest), but I don't really get it...if it defensive wounds or lack of defensive wounds it would make more sense to pull up sleeves or something, I don't see why wrists would be a hot zone for defensive wounds. Strange.

I agree that the complaints about the manager might be serious, but might not be. You never know who is complaining, a peaceful, ideal resident, or someone being evicted that has a vendetta. I want to mention again that River Ridge honestly are some of the nicest, newest, cleanest, biggest apartments for rent in Canton. It is correct that the Rivera family lived in other apartments in Canton 6 months before, and their move to River Ridge was definately an upgrade. Unless you are ready to rent or buy a home, this is about as nice of a life as you could provide for your family. There are trailer parks and low income housing in the 20 mile radius, and living there instead shows a desire to have your kids in a "nicer, safer" area. Not saying that horrendus crimes don't happen in wealthy areas, I am just hoping to make it clear that this community is NOT the "ghetto" or "slums" by any means. In the last five or six years there has been much new home construction, and I know many families choose apartments like River Ridge to stay in while waiting for their new homes to be built. I have never lived there nor do i have any connection to that complex, but I hope to paint a clearer picture of what it is like.

I agree that conspiracy theories will fly in any big case that has had few details released, and I am as curious as any. I sure hope that our curiosity and need for details doesn't look like support for Brunn. I understand that people are given a presumption of innocence IN A COURT OF LAW, but there is no need for a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in the general community. Obviously LE doesn't presume him innocent or they wouldn't have arrested and charged him. If the evidence was super thin, they would have charged him with something less than murder while conducting the investigation. The murder charge leads me to strongly believe they got something good (or shall we say bad) on him.

bbm :snowflake:

From the 6pm WSB broadcast...

Cherokee County Sheriff Garrison is planning to discipline 2 of his Deputies for failing to report a small amount of blood they saw in a very cursory look into the vacant apartment that turned out to be the murder scene, only mentioning it to the GBI when they were brought in on Monday. Sheriff is calling for a full Internal Affairs investigation regarding the actions of every Deputy involved in the search for Jorelys. Of course, we know that it was Sheriff Garrison who called in the GBI and CART teams late Sunday.

Repeating the criticism of the Chief of Canton PD not appearing at least Saturday for the searches as the case was quite high-profile in the metro Atlanta media by early Saturday afternoon. Reporter got the Chief on the phone and asked him point blank where he was during Saturday afternoon, but the Chief declined to answer. The inference was left that he was on personal time/activities.

Westie Mom

I haven't been able to detect any deception or evil intent coming from Ryan so that is why I am busy brainstorming trying to keep an open mind and think outside the box. IMO Ryan is a normal honest kid who was willing to help others anyway he could and make the world a safe place for children.

Ryan's comment regarding Casey Anthony getting what is due her for killing her child makes me believes he loves and protects children and had no intention to do them any harm.

If Ryan was mentally unstable, he would have been under the care of a psychiatrist who would have prescribed him anti-psychotic medication but based on what we know, this isn't the case and Ryan told Judge Mills he wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

BBM:

One of the two things on the warrant for his arrest is making false statements. He lied regarding his whereabouts when Jorelys went missing. (Which in my book, and LE's book, raises red flags.) He said he was at Walmart; LE checked all Walmart camera footage inside and out, and alas he was never there. Is that not deception?

During an interview with detectives, Brunn said he was at Walmart at the time of Jorelys' abduction and murder, 11Alive's Kevin Rowson reported.

But, after investigators checked security videos at the Walmart, Rowson reported that they were able to conclude that Brunn's alibi didn't hold up.

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/...a-murder-suspect-makes-first-court-appearance

In a perfect world, every mentally unstable person is under the care of a psychiatrist and is on proper medication. We do not live in a perfect world, unfortunately. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber