GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG Jorelys mother will have nightmares for the rest of her life, if she lives very long!

My sister brought up a very good point. THere is a strong presence of the Latino gangs and Mexican drug cartel here in the Ga prison system and they will take this very personal. He is toast IMO.....

Yes I thought about that too. People tend to take care of their own. I don't think it is racist stating that. I would venture a guess if he ran into a Puerto Rican in prison it wouldn't be pretty.

I never had a question in my mind that he was guilty, but I also never expected him to confess and accept life without parole. I am stunned at how quickly this happened. I only hope that the other victims are getting the help and healing they need. Monster, monster, MONSTER.

I'll be around.

I wonder if they ever found the note on the McDonalds receipt. I wonder if it was actually his receipt and I wonder if they reviewed video from that time at McDonalds.

Or did they even need to?

see I'm stilll here :eek:nline:

They did a handwriting analysis on the note.

and yay :)

The following sentence is only reason I don't like the death penalty, but I have been teetering for awhile.

"If he were on death row, we wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to him and learn and perfect our skills," he said." (FBI)

I had given up on that idea of keeping them alive to study, because Sociopaths LIE, but if the FBI is good on it, who am I so I to argue???

warning graphic

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...-details-will-his-family-accept-his-guilt-now

His family mirrors those of other sexual predators who live in our neighborhoods and walk our streets: They insist their loved one couldn't possibly be such a person, providing a list of their good works and child-friendly actions.

"He's a loving man," and "He's great with kids," fall from their lips as much as Ryan Brunn's family insisted he was "being framed," according to WXIA-TV in early December, right after Ryan's arrest.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Ryan Brunn guilty plea and crime details: Will his family accept his guilt now? - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...his-family-accept-his-guilt-now#ixzz1jlmQZ5kf

This is from the Examiner, so I don't know if it's MSM qualified....

The following sentence is only reason I don't like the death penalty, but I have been teetering for awhile.

"If he were on death row, we wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to him and learn and perfect our skills," he said." (FBI)

I had given up on that idea of keeping them alive to study, because Sociopaths LIE, but if the FBI is good on it, who am I so I to argue???

I wouldn't have cried a tear for him had he gotten the death penalty. But I'm strangely okay with LWOP for RB ... because -- and I should be ashamed to admit this-- in his case, lethal injection is far too humane and isolation is just not terrifying enough.

I don't believe that RB lured Jorelys with a picture of her roller skate.
I think he snatched her.
I don't believe that RB told Jorelys to touch herself and she did. What is he made of? Does he think that we'll find comfort in his guilty plea by making up this hogwash. It just makes me mad.

BBM,

In one article it reports that Brunn had her in the bathtub WITH HANDS TIED and told her to touch herself. Now, how in the world is she going to do that with her hands tied?

Ugh. I've gotta step away. Partly because I'm getting all GRRRRRRRRR and upset all over again with every new detail, but also because I came on here today right after my work out, haven't showered .... and for some reason, no one in my entire family wants to sit next to me. :waitasec:

graphic

As someone said the media has many different snippets of things, that being said I read that the first thing he told her to do was touch herself. Next she said that she had to go to the bathroom (hard to believe) When she was in the bathroom he placed her in the tub "he tied her hands behind her back and duct taped her mouth shut. He again told her to perform a sexual act on herself.. "

Impossible.

I think they talked with Jorely's Mother and Father and they agreed to life in prison no parole I think someone talked to her Mom and told her death is the easy way out. Life in prison means suffering and someone will probably take him out anyway.

Agreed. IMO, the reason he put her in the bathtub was because he knew he was going to slit her throat and it would be easier to clean up. SOB is lying.

warning graphic

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...-details-will-his-family-accept-his-guilt-now

His family mirrors those of other sexual predators who live in our neighborhoods and walk our streets: They insist their loved one couldn't possibly be such a person, providing a list of their good works and child-friendly actions.

"He's a loving man," and "He's great with kids," fall from their lips as much as Ryan Brunn's family insisted he was "being framed," according to WXIA-TV in early December, right after Ryan's arrest.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Ryan Brunn guilty plea and crime details: Will his family accept his guilt now? - National Criminal Profiles | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...his-family-accept-his-guilt-now#ixzz1jlmQZ5kf

This is from the Examiner, so I don't know if it's MSM qualified....
*WARNING GRAPHIC*

edited by me: everyone else made my point already, and better.

Wow. So he had the rag, duct tape, a razor, her skate and plastic ties on hand, oh, and apparently GLOVES! ... but FORGOT the garbage bags. :waitasec:

I actually believe he left to get the garbage bags. But not because killing her wasn't premeditated, he just plum forgot them, IMO.

Well, it seems that all of those things would be on his little maintenance cart..so I wonder if he had all of that IN the vacant, and had to run back to the cart to grab the trash bag? I mean, he wasn't the smartest, but he had to be smart enough not to have his cart parked directly outside of the vacant during the crime, right?

As many questions have been answered today, I still have some curiosities about details..not the painful ones, but the details about when did he bring the rag, razors, ties into the apartment, etc...I hope there is a transcript of the whole courthouse scene today somewhere.

quote=Magdalyn;7523067]I wouldn't have cried a tear for him had he gotten the death penalty. But I'm strangely okay with LWOP for RB ... because -- and I should be ashamed to admit this-- in his case, lethal injection is far too humane and isolation is just not terrifying enough.[/quote]

LOL I hear you!!! I see NO reason for these serious offenders to stay on this earth UNLESS there is some kind of benefit (to society) from POSSIBLY learning/analyzing from them & the FBI quote comforted me that 'possibly' he may be useful down the road. :woohoo:

"If he were on death row, we wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to him and learn and perfect our skills," he said.":blowkiss:[

ETA: It is what it is,; he told what happened (not trusting the whole truth) & now I have to leave this group because he was sentenced & (choke) JUSTICE WAS SERVED & I could go off the deep end if someone decided to defend him beyond this point, somehow?. Look forward to seeing you guys on other cases.

I seriously question that he plead guilty because he was afraid of the death penalty. I think he wanted in the limelight...and he got that by being on the witness stand. A chance to spin his story and be seen by everyone.

Some jails have a vistor check in sheet that is public information to media. Has the media reported that any family members have visited him? His stepmother has comtinued to play games on her FB page regularly, during this entire past 6 weeks.

Openmyeyes said:

What an almost comforting way to look at it...and she deserves special wings up there for that.

Mami Rivera's statement:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...plead-guilty/2012/01/17/gIQAvCe25P_story.html

Above article also says he went to Walmart, smoked pot and meth with his friends.

I knew it was reported he smoked pot but I had not heard about the meth. I read the article link but I don't see where it was mentioned. Was it possibly in another article?

His statements make absolutely no sense. He claims he did not plan to kill Jorelys yet he plans the lure. Now he had to know at that point the lure for sexual reasons would result in the risk of her telling. He was just being the coward in Court he is. Refraining from name calling he richly deserves :furious: Oh and he didn't touch her :banghead: Please!!! MOO

I knew it was reported he smoked pot but I had not heard about the meth. I read the article link but I don't see where it was mentioned. Was it possibly in another article?

It's there, 2nd page:
"That night, he said, he helped search for the missing girl for about an hour, went to Wal-Mart with two friends and came home to smoke marijuana and meth. "

The pot and meth use does not a child molester make.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back