GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really don't feel like commenting on anything right now. I guess since this whole case is at a pivotal point, it kind of brings up more sad feelings in me.

I do agree if he did document the crime with a camera/cell phone then it just shows how naive and inexperienced he was.

Or twisted and couldnt resist the urge to record his evil deeds so he could see what he did over and over again after he had thrown Jorelys away like trash.

Thank goodness most murderers aren't brainiacs or LE would never make arrests.

His lust and perversion ruled.

Someone naive could never invision doing all of these horrific things to an innocent 7 year old..much less carry it out.

I think he thought he could get away with it which is common with a lot of killers.

Or twisted and couldnt resist the urge to record his evil deeds so he could see what he did over and over again after he had thrown Jorelys away like trash.

Thank goodness most murderers aren't brainiacs or LE would never make arrests.

His lust and perversion ruled.

Someone naive could never invision doing all of these horrific things to an innocent 7 year old..much less carry it out.I think he thought he could get away with it which is common with a lot of killers.

I agree.

The way in which she must have been tortured...he was an angry, vicious animal. (I don't want to say man or human) Was he angry at something in his past? He didn't seem like he had anger issues from the posts we saw on his FB. He sounded like a 20 year old kid. I wonder if he was angry at Joselinne... did he ask her out and she refused? Or maybe the babysitter? Jorelys was said to be happy all the time, friendly, certainly there was nothing she could have done to provoke anger (not that it would have made it ok in the least!!!). He had 30 days in which to choose this child as his victim, that doesn't seem like much time, IMO. It sounds though that he had it planned out from the objects used in her murder, ties, rag, tape, the blunt hammer-like object.

I hope to God Jorelys' momma doesn't have to see any of the pictures.

I have boys around RB's age and I don't think he sounds like a 20 yo at all - much more immature than my sons and their friends.

FWIW, I still don't like that McCollum guy...didn't he change his report? I thought I saw somewhere he said he couldn't identify the person at the compactor, but they had a white trash bag, then later said it was definitely Ryan with a black trash bag.

stillwatersc
I have boys around RB's age and I don't think he sounds like a 20 yo at all - much more immature than my sons and their friends.

Yes, it does depend on their maturity level. But notice I said KID. Not adult. You're lucky your 20 yo son and his friends are that mature. Hell, my 36 year old brother still talks like that half the time!! So I'll rephrase, he sounds like a 20 year old KID who is a punk with something to prove. :)

http://cherokeetribune.com/bookmark/17053711-Grand-jury-indicts-man-accused-of-killing-7-year-old

"District Attorney Garry Moss said, if convicted, Brunn could face life without parole for the murder charge or death. Moss said there has not yet been a date set for Brunn’s arraignment."

"Brunn, who is being represented by attorneys David Cannon Sr. and J. Daran Burns, made his first court appearance Dec. 8. The Tribune could not reach Cannon by press time."

Bolding these names because we will be hearing a lot from them in the future.

FWIW, I still don't like that McCollum guy...didn't he change his report? I thought I saw somewhere he said he couldn't identify the person at the compactor, but they had a white trash bag, then later said it was definitely Ryan with a black trash bag.

stillwatersc

Yes, it does depend on their maturity level. But notice I said KID. Not adult. You're lucky your 20 yo son and his friends are that mature. Hell, my 36 year old brother still talks like that half the time!! So I'll rephrase, he sounds like a 20 year old KID who is a punk with something to prove. :)

Just some thoughts I had and bouncing of your post. :seeya:

I personally don't think anyone can judge someone's 'normalcy' on how they 'sound' on Facebook. Heck, Casey Anthony comes across as a Rhodes scholar compared to RB, she seemed 'normal' to her friends, and some friends even considered her a 'good mother'.

Also, I'm still scratching my head at his supposedly having a 10th grade education through homeschooling. Most homeschoolers are very competent at grade level language/reading/math skills, most actually AHEAD of their institution-going peers. After reading his spelling and grammar and that of his homeschooled siblings, (even taking into account that they're trying to sound 'hip/cool'), I can't fathom how any of them passed their GRGCTs each year, unless 'mom' fudged their scores.

I think that if 'mom' was uninterested in the football games, and mom was uninterested in whether her 10th grade homeschooled child ever understood the difference between there, their, and they're, (and then he dropped out?)I think she probably wouldn't have noticed if he was feeling up his 6 year old cousin in the basement, or torturing, killing and burying kittens in the woods behind his house. :twocents:

The way in which she must have been tortured...he was an angry, vicious animal. (I don't want to say man or human) Was he angry at something in his past? He didn't seem like he had anger issues from the posts we saw on his FB. He sounded like a 20 year old kid. I wonder if he was angry at Joselinne... did he ask her out and she refused? Or maybe the babysitter? Jorelys was said to be happy all the time, friendly, certainly there was nothing she could have done to provoke anger (not that it would have made it ok in the least!!!). He had 30 days in which to choose this child as his victim, that doesn't seem like much time, IMO. It sounds though that he had it planned out from the objects used in her murder, ties, rag, tape, the blunt hammer-like object.

I hope to God Jorelys' momma doesn't have to see any of the pictures.

I am not so sure he was angry. I remember watching Joesph E. Duncan and he came across as very calm. To me with either of these pedophiles it wasn't about anger against females. They found no abuse of any kind in JEDs life. These type of predators are sadists who get sexual gratification in brutality and sexually torturing those who are defenseless children.

It is part of thier MO and who they are. Some pedophiles will groom their victims for a long time and coax them into the sexual rapes but other pedophiles tend to want to target unsuspecting children then grab them and torture them sexually in the most unbelievable ways imaginable. Imo, these type of pedophile predators are more likely to murder their victims. Either from the torture they impose on them or to silence them afterward. And often they are strangers to the victim.

Just like Melissa Huckaby tortured Sandra Cantu with a foreign object before murdering her. These are sadist pedophiles, imo.

I am so glad that Brunn has been caught because imo if he had gotten away with this he would have become a drifter moving from one small town to another to target his next prey.

However Brunn may have appeared to others over the years is not what was going on in his sick perverted mind. He hid behind the 'mask' like they all do before they are caught. Imo, he had fantasized about this for a long time.

IMO

Interesting article from Mark Klass' blog:

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011/12/it-came-from-hell.html

oceanblueeyes said:
I am not so sure he was angry. I remember watching Joesph E. Duncan and he came across as very calm. To me with either of these pedophiles it wasn't about anger against females. They found no abuse of any kind in JEDs life. These type of predators are sadists who get sexual gratification in brutality and sexually torturing those who are defenseless children.
Agreed, and Ted Bundy was a "nice guy" and I think Jeffrey Dahmer was too. I'm sure there are many more I can't think of who were calm in their facade, yet tormented upstairs. It's just my somewhat normal mind trying to wrap itself around this heinous act. I would have to be completely pissed off and off my rocker to bash a 7 year old, gorgeous, smiling, happy child in the head...as well as the other things he did to her.

My husband said yesterday he probably did the act so grotesquely so he could plead insanity. I said, well that's fine too, he'll be put in a mental hospital for the rest of his life and maybe one of his nurses will OD his meds for him. He said that someone wouldn't risk their job for that...but I beg to differ. Had I no family of my own, I would have no problem being a vigilante! :rocker:

Interesting article from Mark Klass' blog:

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011/12/it-came-from-hell.html

oceanblueeyes said:

Agreed, and Ted Bundy was a "nice guy" and I think Jeffrey Dahmer was too. I'm sure there are many more I can't think of who were calm in their facade, yet tormented upstairs. It's just my somewhat normal mind trying to wrap itself around this heinous act. I would have to be completely pissed off and off my rocker to bash a 7 year old, gorgeous, smiling, happy child in the head...as well as the other things he did to her.

My husband said yesterday he probably did the act so grotesquely so he could plead insanity. I said, well that's fine too, he'll be put in a mental hospital for the rest of his life and maybe one of his nurses will OD his meds for him. He said that someone wouldn't risk their job for that...but I beg to differ. Had I no family of my own, I would have no problem being a vigilante! :rocker:

I think that is our (generally speaking) problem. We aren't capable of getting into the mind of a sadist pedophile and thinking like them. I dont think rational thinking people are meant to fully understand them either. While stanger pedophile/murderers do exist they are in the minority of who really murders and rapes children. Most of the time children are raped or murdered or both by one of their own biological parents.

But what we do know is these sadist pedophiles do exist.

I dont believe Brunn thought one minute about planning a defense of insanity when he was doing these horrific acts upon Jorelys. He was caught up in his thirst for perversion, evil, lust and wanted to inflict pain and suffering to give him the sexual gratification he desired.

The insanity defense is never going to work. He not only hid her body but crushed her. He also joined in on the searches for her.:furious: He did everything he could to throw the police off of his trail at the time. That shows he knew what he did was wrong and that is the judicial standard that must be met. Knowing right from wrong at the time he committed the crime.

Mark my word. He is going to be convicted and he is going to get the death penalty if the Prosecutor decides to make it one.

IMO

Just some thoughts I had and bouncing of your post. :seeya:

I personally don't think anyone can judge someone's 'normalcy' on how they 'sound' on Facebook. Heck, Casey Anthony comes across as a Rhodes scholar compared to RB, she seemed 'normal' to her friends, and some friends even considered her a 'good mother'.

Also, I'm still scratching my head at his supposedly having a 10th grade education through homeschooling. Most homeschoolers are very competent at grade level language/reading/math skills, most actually AHEAD of their institution-going peers. After reading his spelling and grammar and that of his homeschooled siblings, (even taking into account that they're trying to sound 'hip/cool'), I can't fathom how any of them passed their GRGCTs each year, unless 'mom' fudged their scores.

I think that if 'mom' was uninterested in the football games, and mom was uninterested in whether her 10th grade homeschooled child ever understood the difference between there, their, and they're, (and then he dropped out?)I think she probably wouldn't have noticed if he was feeling up his 6 year old cousin in the basement, or torturing, killing and burying kittens in the woods behind his house. :twocents:

I question why we have not heard one single word from his mom...or his father in Virginia or his step-mom in Virginia. Will they attend the next court hearing? I think that speaks volumns.

oceanblueeyes said:

The insanity defense is never going to work. He not only hid her body but crushed her. He also joined in on the searches for her. He did everything he could to throw the police off of his trail at the time. That shows he knew what he did was wrong and that is the judicial standard that must be met. Knowing right from wrong at the time he committed the crime.

Never thought of it that way, so I am thankful for that. He doesn't deserve the insanity plea.

I want to DO something for her...in her memory. For one, I am getting together a group in my area so that our kids can take a Revved Up Kids class. Another thing I'm looking into is sponsoring a 5k run in her memory. She can't die in vain.

oceanblueeyes said:

Never thought of it that way, so I am thankful for that. He doesn't deserve the insanity plea.

I want to DO something for her...in her memory. For one, I am getting together a group in my area so that our kids can take a Revved Up Kids class. Another thing I'm looking into is sponsoring a 5k run in her memory. She can't die in vain.

I quit running in 2004. Guess who's coming out of retirment? :rings:

13 charges tell me they don't want RB to get out - EVER! Smart move on LE's part. This was done by one sick person.

oceanblueeyes said:

That is a wonderful thought Mila.

God bless you and your kindness.

IMO

13 charges tell me they don't want RB to get out - EVER! Smart move on LE's part. This was done by one sick person.

What is also does is put the Prosecutor in a better position to ask for the death penalty.

While only one prong is needed to qualify it is good to have other charges that are also prongs that can be considered by a jury when weighing whether to give life or death.

In this case the aggravating factors are going to be tremendous. I dont see how any mitigating factors can overcome the aggravating factors.

IMO

What is also does is put the Prosecutor in a better position to ask for the death penalty.

While only one prong is needed to qualify it is good to have other charges that are also prongs that can be considered by a jury when weighing whether to give life or death.

In this case the aggravating factors are going to be tremendous. I dont see how any mitigating factors can overcome the aggravating factors.

IMO

Agreed. It has been publically stated that Jocelyn Rivera wants death for her daughters killer. I'm with her on that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back