GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@fanged1 interesting correlation between the knife cuts and anatomy classes. The juvenile arrested in Miami for the "Cat Killings", stated he was doing it for anatomy classes. Until that was suppressed, as he did not have an attorney present.

I still think that LEO should keep an eye on that guy. He pretty much fit every profile for "serial killer" wannabe.

I wonder if there had been any animal mutilations in the area...

@fanged1 interesting correlation between the knife cuts and anatomy classes. The juvenile arrested in Miami for the "Cat Killings", stated he was doing it for anatomy classes. Until that was suppressed, as he did not have an attorney present.

I still think that LEO should keep an eye on that guy. He pretty much fit every profile for "serial killer" wannabe.

I wonder if there had been any animal mutilations in the area...

That’s a great thing to bring up. I will have to do some web searches regarding animal mutilations in the area.

*WARNING* May contain highly sensitive contents. You may wish to scroll and roll. Please use caution when reading. This particular topic simply cannot be overlooked, imho.

At this point in my research, I'm leaning toward a SatanicRitual. There is no explanation for lack of blood found around the CS or on the sidewalk/road where Bowie was found. July 27 was a SR date on their calendar. It was still the 27th on the West Coast. moo

The killer may have recorded this ritual for the dark web whereby folks may even pay per view for it.

Without PP being fenced in, the killer could have captured them outside of the Park and so forth. I'm having trouble determining why KJ was walking in a direction away from their home instead of in the direction to their home. As my understanding is that it is well known who comes into the Park late at night, hence, it doesn't make sense that KJ would enter at those hours alone unless she was lured there or captured on the surrounding sidewalk then, placed at the CS.

I know some folks are leaning towards a SK and that could certainly be true. If the killer(s) are following the SCalendar, then we have major security risks. Please be safe and vigilant as these are dangerous times for all Americans.

For those who are able to read this post, please correct any data as I only want to share facts, according to her activities and known direction of movements, from that evening. The rest is conjecture only.

Please know this is simply an opinion and some speculations formed mostly from her injuries and by this precious lady being horrifically tortured. It seems she was kept alive during most of the attack, according to JSMorgan via his podcast Body Bags. If true, it falls in line with the ability to collect the contents of the intestines and blood collection for the killer(s) purposes.

MOO MVHOO

*WARNING* May contain highly sensitive contents. You may wish to scroll and roll. Please use caution when reading. This particular topic simply cannot be overlooked, imho.

At this point in my research, I'm leaning toward a SatanicRitual. There is no explanation for lack of blood found around the CS or on the sidewalk/road where Bowie was found. July 27 was a SR date on their calendar. It was still the 27th on the West Coast. moo

The killer may have recorded this ritual for the dark web whereby folks may even pay per view for it.

Without PP being fenced in, the killer could have captured them outside of the Park and so forth. I'm having trouble determining why KJ was walking in a direction away from their home instead of in the direction to their home. As my understanding is that it is well known who comes into the Park late at night, hence, it doesn't make sense that KJ would enter at those hours alone unless she was lured there or captured on the surrounding sidewalk then, placed at the CS.

I know some folks are leaning towards a SK and that could certainly be true. If the killer(s) are following the SCalendar, then we have major security risks. Please be safe and vigilant as these are dangerous times for all Americans.

For those who are able to read this post, please correct any data as I only want to share facts, according to her activities and known direction of movements, from that evening. The rest is conjecture only.

Please know this is simply an opinion and some speculations formed mostly from her injuries and by this precious lady being horrifically tortured. It seems she was kept alive during most of the attack, according to JSMorgan via his podcast Body Bags. If true, it falls in line with the ability to collect the contents of the intestines and blood collection for the killer(s) purposes.

MOO MVHOO
I did a little research on this recently. I’m a bit squeamish about googling Satanic ritual details. But the date was significant and on that date is connected to a particular ritual that…. Let’s just say the results would be very similar to the autopsy results we see in this case. I found a guide for law-enforcement telling them what to look for in a crime that might be a sadistic ritual. Patterns of knife cuts were one of them. I don’t remember exactly how it was worded but I can go back and find the link later.
I think this is a possibility. I also see how it could be a sadistic sexual killer or a psychotic person like SLW. If I could have one question answered it would probably be about this. I want to know if this killer can carry on a conversation with someone sitting next to him in a coffee shop. Does this killer talk to himself and have visions or does he come across as a normal person.

Last edited:
Fact Check
Are dog walkers and people walking their dogs attacked by random people?

January 9, 2021
Woman Shot, Killed In Koreatown (LA) In Possible Attempted Carjacking
When this victim's dog began barking, the suspect opened fire. Her dog was also shot yet survived.
See video at link.
Woman Shot, Killed In Koreatown In Possible Attempted Carjacking

February 25, 2021
Lady Gaga is offering $500,000 for the return of the pups, Gustav and Koji.
Lady Gaga’s dog walker is said to be “recovering well” after being shot multiple times in the chest by assailants who took two of Gaga’s French bulldogs. Two suspects jumped out of a white car and attacked the dog walker, Ryan Fischer, as he walked Gaga’s three dogs in Los Angeles, video shows.
How Assailants Carried Out the Shooting of Lady Gaga's Dog Walker and Robbery of Her French Bulldogs

Mar 3, 2021
John DeCindis, a 76-year-old fashion photographer, was walking his dog in the Abbot Kinney area of Venice last month when he was brutally attacked
76-year-old man dies after brutal attack in Venice, family says | KTLA

Mar 16, 2021
CHICAGO — A 51-year-old man was shot and killed as he walked his dog on the city’s West Side.
Man, 51, shot and killed while walking dog on West Side | WGN-TV

April 4, 2021
An Asian woman was fatally stabbed while walking her dogs in California in what cops are calling a random attack.
Asian woman stabbed to death in attack in California

Jun 10, 2021
DENVER — The shooting happened outside an apartment complex in the Ballpark neighborhood in June 2020. According to a probable cause statement, REDACTED a couple was walking their dog outside an apartment complex >< when a man identified as REDACTED allegedly yelled at REDACTED from an apartment window “asking if the victim was going to train the dog or just yell at it.” Close allegedly started shooting after.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ed-in-2020-denver-shooting-file-civil-lawsuit

July 29, 2021
An off-duty firefighter walking his dog was surrounded by a mob of teens in New York. In Atlanta, a woman out walking with her pet was stabbed to death.
Dog owners across the United States are on edge today following a string of violent incidents.

In Queens, New York, an off-duty firefighter was out walking his labradoodle named Dylan when he was surrounded by a mob of 100 teens at his local park.
Violent Incidents Against People Walking Their Dogs Have Pet Owners on Edge

I did a little research on this recently. I’m a bit squeamish about googling Satanic ritual details. But the date was significant and on that date is connected to a particular ritual that…. Let’s just say the results would be very similar to the autopsy results we see in this case. I found a guide for law-enforcement telling them what to look for in a crime that might be a sadistic ritual. Patterns of knife cuts were one of them. I don’t remember exactly how it was worded but I can go back and find the link later.
I think this is a possibility. I also see how it could be a sadistic sexual killer or a psychotic person like SLW. If I could have one question answered it would probably be about this. I want to know if this killer can carry on a conversation with someone sitting next to him in a coffee shop. Does this killer talk to himself and have visions or does he come across as a normal person.

I understand being leery of googling such topics. I do so with the utmost of care and do not linger there.

This murderer committed such heinous acts upon the body of this victim that it doesn't seem to be a Dexter type murder. I see no experimentation here; instead, I see precision. I believe this killer(s) knew precisely what needed to be done in order to fulfill the ritual. Oftentimes, these murders are performed as part of an initiation into a SCult.

Due to the nature of this topic, this will be the last time I mention it on this thread as it is too horrifying. However, we need to be aware that if these SRs were performed in the '80s and 90's, then they haven't stopped happening.

*FAIR WARNING*
If you can read Ms KJ's autopsy report, then you can read this but it does contain sensitive material.

https://www.investigationdiscovery....ng-real-life-cases-of-satanic-ritual-killings

5 Shocking Real-Life Cases Of SR Killings

April 15, 2016
During the 1980s and 1990s, the SatanicPanic had everyone in fear of SR abuse. Sensationalistic horror stories about people being sacrificed to the devil, animal killings, sex abuse, blood-drinking, and more seized the country, despite the fact that there haven’t been that many legit crimes linked to Satanism or the Occult.

According to the LA Times, REDACTED, then 18, confessed to killing his mother, 42-year-old VICTIM, during a SR. The report said she was not only <>, but also <> and <> as well. The judge in the case said this case was “the most disgusting, hideous and vulgar” cases he’s ever seen in 50 years.

Convicted serial killer Richard Ramirez is probably the most well-known Satanic killer in crime history. Ramirez, known best as “the Night Stalker,” was convicted of killing 13 people after invading their homes, r*ping and brutally murdering many of them, NBC Los Angeles said.

Fact Check
Are dog walkers and people walking their dogs attacked by random people?

January 9, 2021
Woman Shot, Killed In Koreatown (LA) In Possible Attempted Carjacking
When this victim's dog began barking, the suspect opened fire. Her dog was also shot yet survived.
See video at link.
Woman Shot, Killed In Koreatown In Possible Attempted Carjacking

February 25, 2021
Lady Gaga is offering $500,000 for the return of the pups, Gustav and Koji.
Lady Gaga’s dog walker is said to be “recovering well” after being shot multiple times in the chest by assailants who took two of Gaga’s French bulldogs. Two suspects jumped out of a white car and attacked the dog walker, Ryan Fischer, as he walked Gaga’s three dogs in Los Angeles, video shows.
How Assailants Carried Out the Shooting of Lady Gaga's Dog Walker and Robbery of Her French Bulldogs

Mar 3, 2021
John DeCindis, a 76-year-old fashion photographer, was walking his dog in the Abbot Kinney area of Venice last month when he was brutally attacked
76-year-old man dies after brutal attack in Venice, family says | KTLA

Mar 16, 2021
CHICAGO — A 51-year-old man was shot and killed as he walked his dog on the city’s West Side.
Man, 51, shot and killed while walking dog on West Side | WGN-TV

April 4, 2021
An Asian woman was fatally stabbed while walking her dogs in California in what cops are calling a random attack.
Asian woman stabbed to death in attack in California

Jun 10, 2021
DENVER — The shooting happened outside an apartment complex in the Ballpark neighborhood in June 2020. According to a probable cause statement, REDACTED a couple was walking their dog outside an apartment complex >< when a man identified as REDACTED allegedly yelled at REDACTED from an apartment window “asking if the victim was going to train the dog or just yell at it.” Close allegedly started shooting after.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ed-in-2020-denver-shooting-file-civil-lawsuit

July 29, 2021
An off-duty firefighter walking his dog was surrounded by a mob of teens in New York. In Atlanta, a woman out walking with her pet was stabbed to death.
Dog owners across the United States are on edge today following a string of violent incidents.

In Queens, New York, an off-duty firefighter was out walking his labradoodle named Dylan when he was surrounded by a mob of 100 teens at his local park.
Violent Incidents Against People Walking Their Dogs Have Pet Owners on Edge

Three of these articles mentioned the dog breeds:
Lady Gaga: French Bulldogs
Asian Lady: two pups
NYC: Labradoodle.

None of which are a pit bull, like "Bowie". It would be a better correlation if we could compare people attacked with large dogs, like a pit bull.

That being said, I still think it is an anomaly.

I always believed that JBRamsey's murder was a SR gone terribly wrong. It was during that time that I studied the SR events. I still believe that JBR was a victim of a SR. I have an annoying habit of visiting Crime Scenes. I stayed at the Foothill of FlatIron Mountain at Chautauqua Park for a week in Boulder. While there, I located all of the major players homes' and business and dined at Jay's Pasta across from JR's office. The CP scenery is captivating. It's history shouldn't be forgotten. The Colorado Chautauqua

We sure do need a transcript of ECs interview. I am a terrible typist. Anyone?

EC says they drink coffee when they get up in the morning but later says they typically wake up at 1:00pm.

It sounds like she did not expect KJ to visit that fateful evening when she did. That KJ just happened to be in the area and stopped by.

EC says KJ "usually does not stay out that late to walk the dog" (at 4:15m into the interview). So, KJ walking Bowie in the PP area, or anywhere, was unusual for KJ "at that time of night".

EC called KJ after arriving home. KJ didn't answer.

EC says she pretty much knew something was wrong. @ 4:40m

EC says KJ walked the dog when she got off work which was usually before EC arrived home. @ 11:00m

Wow. I'm confused. Why was KJ near PP at 12:09am?

EXCLUSIVE: Full interview with partner of Katie Janness

Obviously, I am using the wrong browser. :oops: Thanks for finding/posting this news bite. So, the answer is yes, Midtown does have homeless camps that are dismantled every couple of months. We need a timeline of SLWs whereabouts so we can put this potential POI to bed. Bueller?

The videos found in the report mentioned fires which reminded me that ECs father said during ECs exclusive and brave interview with cbs46 on JULY 29, 2021, that the couple, EC and KJ, had lost their stuff in a home fire before moving to the place they lived when KJ met her death.

Is there anything suspicious about their home fire we should be discussing that may pertain to Katie's demise?
While I can't begin to put myself in her situ, EC does not cry, nor tear up, during the entire 23 minute interview. Anhedonia can flatline a person's emotions. Sjogren's syndrome, usually develops while in the 30s, can prevent one from the ability to cry due to dry eyes.

Thank you for reposting that interview, this is the first time that I've actually watched it the whole way through. EC's demeanor is very interesting as you point out I didn't quite catch it the first time. I do not think that I could've kept myself from sobbing or at least getting choked up during this interview if I were under similar circumstances, but as you said everyone reacts differently. Even if, let's assume that I was no longer in love with my partner, the dog! I cannot imagine the grief and heartbreak I would feel. It's possible she is also still in a state of shock or on medication for anxiety. I honestly don't really believe she could be responsible for this, but that interview did give me pause.

Maybe she had arranged to meet someone. And maybe there's no evidence of the arrangement on her phone. JMO

Periwinkl3, thank you for the reply. Are you suggesting that KJ unknowingly made arrangements to meet her own killer?

I agree it is not only possible, but it's probable that KJ thought she was meeting someone whom she trusted. If true, that is the ultimate betrayal. It may be more likely, than not, that she willingly entered PP. Mercy. Who would do that to her? Someone who wished to tell her goodbye before she flew to Michigan?

* If KJ left from home, the walk would take appx 13 minutes to reach 10th Str. If JK left from Henry's, the walk would take her appx 7 minutes to get to the 10th Str. entry. It depends on her entry point but entering at 12th Str would add only a couple of minutes to her route.

Katie enjoyed alone time. However, I don't think KJ was walking toward PP to enjoy being alone.

If this portion of the timeline is accurate, what did KJ do for those thirty minutes after she left Henry's and arrived at the rainbow crossing if she's walking to PP for perhaps < half that time?

11:35 pm - Katie departs after visiting Emma's workplace
12:09 am - Katie is seen on the rainbow crosswalk with Bowie about to enter Piedmont Park

* This author is unaware of their exact home address. The information is based on EC stating they lived appx a mile from PP.

mvhoo

Periwinkl3, thank you for the reply. Are you suggesting that KJ unknowingly made arrangements to meet her own killer?

I agree it is not only possible, but it's probable that KJ thought she was meeting someone whom she trusted. If true, that is the ultimate betrayal. It may be more likely, than not, that she willingly entered PP. Mercy. Who would do that to her? Someone who wished to tell her goodbye before she flew to Michigan?

* If KJ left from home, the walk would take appx 13 minutes to reach 10th Str. If JK left from Henry's, the walk would take her appx 7 minutes to get to the 10th Str. entry. It depends on her entry point but entering at 12th Str would add only a couple of minutes to her route.

Katie enjoyed alone time. However, I don't think KJ was walking toward PP to enjoy being alone.

If this portion of the timeline is accurate, what did KJ do for those thirty minutes after she left Henry's and arrived at the rainbow crossing if she's walking to PP for perhaps < half that time?

11:35 pm - Katie departs after visiting Emma's workplace
12:09 am - Katie is seen on the rainbow crosswalk with Bowie about to enter Piedmont Park

* This author is unaware of their exact home address. The information is based on EC stating they lived appx a mile from PP.

mvhoo

We know less than we need to. Trying to put myself in KJ's shoes: It had been near 90 and humid that day, but as we see on one camera clip, people were willing to be running at midnight (more like 78 degrees, so certainly cooler, though still humid). KJ was in jeans and athletic shoes (per autopsy report), so while not dressed for running, K&B might have run a bit, which could have shaved a little time off their arrival at the rainbow crosswalk/PP.

The past two years have been beyond stressful. People are depressed, angry, fearful and desperate. LE is stretched thin. We don't know if purchases, or promises, between KJ & another were made that night. Maybe that spot at PP was chosen because whoever she might have been meeting would not have stood out. She may well have been lured into the park by someone she knew, and hypothetically if she or anyone she was meeting recommended or asked to meet inside the confines of the park, that would have greatly reduced chances of their being seen together. Because IMO going into any urban park alone at that hour during a pandemic would be risky for anyone, especially a woman.

Last edited:
I always believed that JBRamsey's murder was a SR gone terribly wrong. It was during that time that I studied the SR events. I still believe that JBR was a victim of a SR. I have an annoying habit of visiting Crime Scenes. I stayed at the Foothill of FlatIron Mountain at Chautauqua Park for a week in Boulder. While there, I located all of the major players homes' and business and dined at Jay's Pasta across from JR's office. The CP scenery is captivating. It's history shouldn't be forgotten. The Colorado Chautauqua

We sure do need a transcript of ECs interview. I am a terrible typist. Anyone?

EC says they drink coffee when they get up in the morning but later says they typically wake up at 1:00pm.

It sounds like she did not expect KJ to visit that fateful evening when she did. That KJ just happened to be in the area and stopped by.

EC says KJ "usually does not stay out that late to walk the dog" (at 4:15m into the interview). So, KJ walking Bowie in the PP area, or anywhere, was unusual for KJ "at that time of night".

EC called KJ after arriving home. KJ didn't answer.

EC says she pretty much knew something was wrong. @ 4:40m

EC says KJ walked the dog when she got off work which was usually before EC arrived home. @ 11:00m

Wow. I'm confused. Why was KJ near PP at 12:09am?

So this was later than KJ usually walked Bowie. I'd be interested to know how long she typically walked him. I seem to recall that EC said that Katie didn't really have a set route but I wonder how long she typically took. By the time we see them in the crosswalk, they have already been walking about an hour. And we do have this issue with the missing time between the visit at Henry's and the crosswalk camera.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned—- There was no bra noted in KJ’s autopsy report, which means that either she was not wearing one or it was taken by the killer(s). If it was the former then I think it’s unlikely that she was jogging.

Via public records (which can contain errors) I found a 39 y/o SW (listed as a/k/a SLW and SLW Jr.) associated with at least four shelter addresses--two in Philadelphia and one in Atlanta.

It does not show the older man with the same name to be associated with those shelter addresses. But some time ago both men shared a P.O. box in Lake Monroe, FL.

Does it note a date for the Philadelphia listings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste