GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several local news stations are releasing stories. This one by WSB this morning regarding several vigils being held today at PP & KJ's work. Also a short interview w/ her friend & statement released by EC & her family.

July 28 2022
''Homicide Commander Ralph Woolfolk said investigators are still assessing biological, physical and electronic evidence.

"We do believe this investigation is moving in the right direction," Woolfolk said.

A former investigator said evidence in the autopsy may suggest a "familiarity" and "high emotions."

''A retired investigator said some valuable evidence could have been gathered from Bowie's corpse.

APD ordered an examination looking for potential DNA that may have ended up on, or in the mouth of Bowie.

So far, police have not released information on the necropsy. ''

Here is another local article. This is from 11alivenews.com. The Atlpd press conference is 3:00pm today, Thur., 28 Jul, the community, family & friends vigil is at 10th & Charles Allen at 7:00pm & there is a tidbit of info I had not heard before was that KJ & B left for their walk around 10pm.

Hmmm, 10 pm, never heard that before and I have read all the articles related to this homicide. However, I have read much conflicting information by the media.

Last edited:
Hmmm, 10 pm, never heard that before and I have read all the articles related to this homicide. However, I have read much other conflicting information by the media.
This time of starting the walk around 10pm makes more sense to me IMO. That would create the possibility that KJ & B went to PP 1st, arriving before the park closed at 11pm, then going to Henry's Tavern to arrive around 11:30 & with the possiblity of all of them walking home together. IMO the 12:09am timestamp on the rainbow xwalk photo is incorrect. IMO it never made any sense that it took 29-39 minutes for KJ & B to walk from HT to xwalk. IMO it would have taken 5-10 minutes. Plus, I don't see any logical reason for her to go into the park that late, after it was closed over an hour. It would make the walk lasting almost 3 hrs. This would also lead to the conclusion (JMO) that they were not killed in PP or at least not attacked there.
JMOO

I saw about 20 minutes of today press conference, but can’t find any videos of it yet. APD said it’s an active case with tips still coming in. They confirmed the murders took place in the park, and they’ve conducted numerous search warrants in the area (for surveillance recordings imo). Since they haven’t named a suspect or person(s) of interest, no one can be cleared. They said they couldn’t comment if DNA was recovered from either victim in order not to compromise the investigation. IMO only, they do have evidence but need more in order to make their case. News | Atlanta Police Department

''David Ohmann said he never expected that his seven-year friendship with Janness would come to such a brutal end in the early hours of July 28.

“Whether I had a bad day or a good day, or whatever kind of day, Katie was always there to cheer me up,” Ohmann said.

While on vacation, Ohmann said he saw the headlines that his friend was brutally murdered around midnight in Piedmont Park while walking her dog Bowie.''

Janness’ partner, Emma Clark, and her family released a statement early Thursday morning that read:

''Over the past year there hasn’t been a waking moment that Katie hasn’t been in our hearts or on our mind since she was taken from us. Her senseless death has affected our daily lives in a manner that is hard to describe. We are remembering Katie in private today and want to thank all of those who have honored and remembered her by keeping her story alive. We are vigilant in bringing her killer to justice and have remained in contact with Mayor Dickens who assures us that the City of Atlanta is doing everything they can to solve this case. Please continue to keep Emma and Katie’s mother in your prayers.''

Hey folks,

There are a few absolutes regarding the WS Terms of Service that everyone is expected to know because we ALL agreed to them when we joined.
HERE are some of the BIG ones:
- Reddit info and discussion is NOT allowed.
- Rumors are NOT allowed.
- If you can’t link it to an approved MSM or LE source, you can’t post it.
- WS is victim and family-friendly. They may not be blamed or in any way denigrated.
- Please don’t reply to posts that break the rules, because that means YOU are breaking the rules too. Please click the REPORT button at the bottom of TOS-violating posts so Mods can handle it.

Thanks for posting respectfully and responsibly according to the TOS aka The Rules which are linked in my signature below.

I had not heard about this case before until I listened to "Criminology" podcast episode from 19 June. I've been to Atlanta many times since I was in school in Athens, but I don't remember being in the area of Piedmont Park. I would have thought there would have been an arrest by now.

After watching the press conference on the anniversary, I feel increasingly optimistic. I am not going to make quotes because I am too lazy to go and retrieve all of the quotes and links. But go and watch it and make sure to listen closely. They seem to be tight lipped, but in a round about way. They will solve this soon. Sounds like to me they are just waiting on a couple more pieces to their puzzle to lock in a conviction before they can prosecute and make an arrest. Again, ALL JUST my OPINION.

Just updated the thread for the gay man who was brutally beaten and placed on railroad tracks, he is recovering!
There has not yet been an arrest, but i would be interested to know if that (believed to possibly be a hate crime) had any slight connection to KJ, speculation, imo fwiw.

It seems to me, lately, that LEO may very well have enough information to "know" who did the crime, but keeps the investigation under wraps until they have the evidence for a conviction.

I was SO frustrated with LEO after Orrin and Orson West were missing and it seemed like nothing was happening. Now, the Wests are in jail, finally awaiting trial.

Hoping that is what is happening here. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind extremely fine.

It seems to me, lately, that LEO may very well have enough information to "know" who did the crime, but keeps the investigation under wraps until they have the evidence for a conviction.

I was SO frustrated with LEO after Orrin and Orson West were missing and it seemed like nothing was happening. Now, the Wests are in jail, finally awaiting trial.

Hoping that is what is happening here. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind extremely fine.

True this! The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind extremely fine.

Chief Hampton's team seems committed to finding and holding the person responsible for Katie's untimely death over to a conviction. Biological and technology evidence will decide this case.

Katie was attacked as she and Bowie entered the Park or, at least, they were killed "at the entrance to the park". That seems targeted so who knew she was going, or would go, to Piedmont Park after midnight when the Park's closed?

It should be apparent and obvious to all of us when Cobb County makes the arrest that they're the one that did this viscous act and the police located, investigated and have the right person for these murders when that arrest is made.

I like that they thought to highlight David Mack on the Anniversary of Katie's untimely death. This conference is a plea to the public. They need quality tips.

True this! The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind extremely fine.

Chief Hampton's team seems committed to finding and holding the person responsible for Katie's untimely death over to a conviction. Biological and technology evidence will decide this case.

Katie was attacked as she and Bowie entered the Park or, at least, they were killed "at the entrance to the park". That seems targeted so who knew she was going, or would go, to Piedmont Park after midnight when the Park's closed?

It should be apparent and obvious to all of us when Cobb County makes the arrest that they're the one that did this viscous act and the police located, investigated and have the right person for these murders when that arrest is made.

I like that they thought to highlight David Mack on the Anniversary of Katie's untimely death. This conference is a plea to the public. They need quality tips.

Cobb county is not involved. It is Atlanta Police and Fulton County.

Cobb county is not involved. It is Atlanta Police and Fulton County.
Probably, although we the public don’t yet know where the murders took place. LE saying they were committed near the PP entrance may or may not be fact.

At the July 28 dual presser APD did say around 6:40 that David Mack’s family and friends have been ruled out as suspects. Yet they then made a point of saying no one has been ruled out in K & B's murder.

Perhaps any of this is done to elicit more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo