GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A video of a jogger WAS released. It was subsequently deleted (or at least I have not been able to locate it again). It was of the jogger headed down 10th toward Monroe. He turns left into the Charles Allen Gate. I found it curious because the gait and stride were somewhat different than those of the jogger in picture in the three stills later released whom some claim is the same jogger. I'm no running *expert* but am pretty certain runners have signature postures, holding patterns, heel/toe strikes, gaits and strides. And these two were/are different IMO

ohhhhh thank you for this!
will spend some time absorbing.

IMO this was the act of multiple people. The runner running out of the park doesn't look as masculine as the still image of the person who entered the park.

Maybe Katie was on her way back to Emma’s job at 12:09am. Maybe she left Henry’s at 11:30pm and walked back home. That might explain what she was doing for 40 minutes after she left Emma the first time. I know her dad hasn’t been very credible but he did say they were supposed to walk home together that night. Katie was in the cross walk going north on Piedmont; all she had to do was take a left to go up 10th to Henry’s.
Does anyone know if Emma walked home from work and then drove back to the park? It takes about 20 minutes to walk a mile so if Emma walked home…and made it home around 12:30 am, she should’ve actually crossed paths with Katie near the cross walk. I wish more info was made public.

I don't think they are walking in the direction of Henry's. As she crosses 10th she seems to be angling to the east as if to also cross Piedmont when she gets acrross 10th. That would be toward the part, but away from Henry's which would be to the west. I do agree that it seems they had already been out on a good walk and Emma was going to be off work soon. So it seems odd she would then head to the park instead of home. But maybe Bowie was still restless and need more exercise.

sometimes when you walk a dog they pull you in different directions. Bowie might have been pulling her causing her to walk at an angle. Unless they release video of her in the crosswalk, no real way to tell.

Maybe Katie was on her way back to Emma’s job at 12:09am. Maybe she left Henry’s at 11:30pm and walked back home. That might explain what she was doing for 40 minutes after she left Emma the first time. I know her dad hasn’t been very credible but he did say they were supposed to walk home together that night. Katie was in the cross walk going north on Piedmont; all she had to do was take a left to go up 10th to Henry’s.
Does anyone know if Emma walked home from work and then drove back to the park? It takes about 20 minutes to walk a mile so if Emma walked home…and made it home around 12:30 am, she should’ve actually crossed paths with Katie near the cross walk. I wish more info was made public.
I have wondered if Katie might have stopped off at the restaurant where she worked her self, Campagnolo.

If Katie left Henry’s about 1130 she would’ve had time to walk home then back towards where we see her at the crosswalk at 12:09.

if that is the case then it seems even more likely to me that she was walking to Henry‘s to go home with Emma.

I think Katie was in the park by 12:30.

From what I've gleaned, police have never specifically stated there is *one* jogger.
The police as quoted in the media have said that it was the same jogger in video/photos and Beltline pics, and that he was cooperative.
(I feel we've rehashed this multiple times)

As for clothing, why so extravagant as hiding or burying. Anyone can walk into the park with as much clothing as they wish and many of the transients/homeless already have changes of clothing with them.

The location app was the iPhone 'Find My' that can be used to locate a lost phone or if allowed, someone else to track where your phone is, it's accuracy varies based on method used/surroundings (GPS, vs wifi-triangulation etc.)

Their shared address was 2xx North Ave. which would make the 10th St entrances/exits logical for Katie to walk back home from after the park.

<modsnip>

all imho

Last edited by a moderator:
The police as quoted in the media have said that it was the same jogger in video/photos and Beltline pics, and that he was cooperative.

As for clothing, why so extravagant as hiding or burying. Anyone can walk into the park with as much clothing as they wish and many of the transients/homeless already have changes of clothing with them.

The location app was the iPhone 'Find My' that can be used to locate a lost phone or if allowed, someone else to track where your phone is, it's accuracy varies based on method used/surroundings (GPS, vs wifi-triangulation etc.)
As for blood on the killer, keep in mind, a killer could simply walk out of the park at various places without anyone seeing or risk of camera. So I don't think a change of clothes in necessary. I am curious about the lake search the next day. Did something specific lead the police there, or was it just a case of "better check the lake to see if anything was in there." It seems to me that something specifically led them to believe the killer went there.
I have used find my phone. I use my I-Pad to find my phone when i lose it. If its connect to wifi, the app can tell me which end of the house the phone is in or if its in my car in the driveway. Katie's would have been connect to wifi I assume, but I am guessing there is good cell coverage there. So I bet it would have located Katie's phone within 50-75 feet. It led Emma to that gate, and of course she just visually found the dog and then Katie.

If Katie left Henry’s about 1130 she would’ve had time to walk home then back towards where we see her at the crosswalk at 12:09.

if that is the case then it seems even more likely to me that she was walking to Henry‘s to go home with Emma.

I agree. Now I’m curious about how Emma got home that night. Did she walk? Drive? I know she drove to the park.

I think Katie was in the park by 12:30.
I think she was on the way back to Henry’s but I absolutely don’t think she made it back there. I honestly believe she was dead by 12:25/12:30 if what Emma said is true. Emma said she started getting worried about Katie around 12:30 bc she wasn’t answering her phone. That makes me believe she was already dead by that time if Emma’s timeframe is correct.

I agree. Now I’m curious about how Emma got home that night. Did she walk? Drive? I know she drove to the park.
I'm guessing her dad, Joe Clark, drove her. He stated at the vigil he was parked on Tenth while officers took Emma's statement.

As for blood on the killer, keep in mind, a killer could simply walk out of the park at various places without anyone seeing or risk of camera. So I don't think a change of clothes in necessary. I am curious about the lake search the next day. Did something specific lead the police there, or was it just a case of "better check the lake to see if anything was in there." It seems to me that something specifically led them to believe the killer went there.
I have used find my phone. I use my I-Pad to find my phone when i lose it. If its connect to wifi, the app can tell me which end of the house the phone is in or if its in my car in the driveway. Katie's would have been connect to wifi I assume, but I am guessing there is good cell coverage there. So I bet it would have located Katie's phone within 50-75 feet. It led Emma to that gate, and of course she just visually found the dog and then Katie.
There might have been a trail of blood leading to the lake. The killer had to be covered in blood…or at least have blood on their shoes. In an interview, Emma said “there was so much blood”. So unless they walked away solely in the grass, they had to leave bloody footprints or a trail of blood…even if it was only small droplets.

There might have been a trail of blood leading to the lake. The killer had to be covered in blood…or at least have blood on their shoes. In an interview, Emma said “there was so much blood”. So unless they walked away solely in the grass, they had to leave bloody footprints or a trail of blood…even if it was only small droplets.
I'm guessing her dad, Joe Clark, drove her. He stated at the vigil he was parked on Tenth while officers took Emma's statement.
I was curious about how she got home from work. She called her dad and brother after she called 911 and he said he drove from Fayetteville. Fayetteville is at least 30-45 minutes from Piedmont park. So he couldn’t have been the one that drove her to the park to look for Katie.

I was curious about how she got home from work. She called her dad and brother after she called 911 and he said he drove from Fayetteville. Fayetteville is at least 30-45 minutes from Piedmont park. So he couldn’t have been the one that drove her to the park to look for Katie.
She was already AT the park. iPhone lead her there while driving from their apt. She called brother/dad from CA Gate. DAD came up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member