Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The longer it takes to get answers, the more I'm convinced it was murder. Wouldn't they have ruled it a suicide a long time ago? The need for this long of an investigation says a lot in my opinion.

I kind of think the opposite. Often, when a death is a suicide, we hear very little. Jmo

I kind of think the opposite. Often, when a death is a suicide, we hear very little. Jmo

You may be right, but this was a very high profile case on our area. They have to release something. I just don't think they have come to a conclusion yet. It doesn't have to be a clear, yes it was suicide, just something along the lines of absolutely no foul play involved. I know it could take weeks for the test results to come back, but gosh 3 months later? Seems to me they are still investigating. But hey, what do I know? I just hope they wouldn't leave us hanging. If we still haven't have no awnseres in another month, I'm considering requesting the M E report. As long as there is no ongoing investigation, it should be public record to non family members.

LE may be reluctant to announce a verdict of suicide, as clearly, Imo, the family won't accept it. But if they are able to determine that he was shot by the type of bullets in his home, that will be the most likely manner of death, unless the wound is in a spot he could not have reached. Imo, the gun is probably in the water. I don't feel like foul play occurred...but I do think there was a known reason for depression or him being upset. Known by at least one person, anyway. Jmo

I didn't find that strange. Sick or not my husband doesn't like me out after dark, so he would have gone to the store. He is just protective that way.

Yeah, my husband goes out if I need something after dark. And usually calls me to remind him what I wanted. :) I didn't find that part odd at all...he was going to school and working with the sinus infection.

This is a weird case. Why would he walk so far in order to kill himself for no reason?

Yeah, my husband goes out if I need something after dark. And usually calls me to remind him what I wanted. :) I didn't find that part odd at all...he was going to school and working with the sinus infection.

This is a weird case. Why would he walk so far in order to kill himself for no reason?

Yeah, I agree. Why did he have to walk to the water in the cold weather, if he could use his gun anywhere. He didn't need the water. The gun would have to be right where he went in the water, and it wouldn't necessarily have to fall in the water.

But unless there is evidence that says otherwise, I guess we have to conclude he just acted irrationally for now, until we know more.

LE may be reluctant to announce a verdict of suicide, as clearly, Imo, the family won't accept it. But if they are able to determine that he was shot by the type of bullets in his home, that will be the most likely manner of death, unless the wound is in a spot he could not have reached. Imo, the gun is probably in the water. I don't feel like foul play occurred...but I do think there was a known reason for depression or him being upset. Known by at least one person, anyway. Jmo

If he was shot with his own gun, that doesnt necessarily mean suicide. There was, afterall, a second person with access to the gun. I just don't feel her story adds up. That paired with the fact (among others) that his family has not included or mentioned her in anything-not even the obituary. I guess that's not uncommon but after 3 years of dating and living together, you would think they took their relationship more seriously. It's Jmo that mayyyybe they also think somethings up.

Hi all *waves*

This is my first post and I'm writing it because I had a bit of a 'what if' moment last night whilst going through the two threads again, and haven't been able to shake it since so wanted to share to see what you think.

What I'd like to offer is another scenario but give a bit of background before I present it. I watched the 'Gone in Georgia' documentary online, felt there was something 'off' and had a bit of a google and ended up on this thread and my first introduction to Websleuths! From here I next landed on the Samuel Waters thread and was struck by how similar the two cases were and how differently they were being handled.

From the tv show, the questions that bugged me most concerned the search dogs. The handler said they were trained to find people, alive or dead, so:

1. If Kelly walked off down the road, why didn't the dogs that searched the house and around it pick up on that?

2. When the dogs indicated that there was something at the dock were they following a scent from an item of Kelly's clothing or did they just find the scent of dead human? I don't know, but I would have thought that if Kelly stood on the deck, shot himself and sunk into the deep water there wouldn't be time for any kind of 'dead' smell to develop, which would mean that whoever went in the water at that time was already dead and just been disposed off there, imo.

Added to this, the private investigator saying that Kelly had been seen in 'rough' Buford and had a second phone, before denying that he'd said it, gave me that 'what if' moment that I mentioned.

I thought, why would someone have a second phone and go out in the middle of the night in their scruffy clothes and leaving behind all their valuables? I know the advice when you're travelling abroad to poorer countries is to take a cheap payg phone so that you don't draw attention to yourself as someone with money and a good target for mugging, and tried to put that in context. Why would a well off, middle class, well educated 25 year old be going out in the middle of the night, in his scruffy clothes with only a basic phone and, possibly, a gun, leaving everything that he believed would set him up as a victim behind? If he lived in a poorer part of town, had his mugshots all over google and wasn't living the dream, it would probably be one of the first things I would have thought of, to my shame. But with this case I was being bombarded with all the talk of how wonderful, kind etc, etc, he was and forgot that not all people who do drugs, whether their famillies are aware of it/in denial/turning a blind eye or not, are poor or criminals or both. You know, that awful two dimensional headspace we can get in when we view something as either good or bad and judge accordingly? From my own experience of life, I would say that the majority of recreational drug users in society never draw any attention to themselves at all. They hold down jobs, buy homes, raise children and nobody would even guess, it's what they do, it's their 'thing'.

So, my scenario is, Kelly's got a heavy week at work, he works with his dad which he finds stressful anyway, it's already getting late so he could do with something to keep him going. He uses the second phone to contact his supplier and arranges to meet him on the street. From what I've ascertained, the procedure would be that he would get in the car and while the car is driving round the block he'd find what he was after in the glove compartment or somewhere in the car and would leave the money behind before being dropped off again. That obviously didn't go to plan but it does offer another possible explanation for why he went out in the first place.

In fact, my brain turns so hard over it all that I even start to think that if we take 9.30pm as the last solid sighting of Kelly and then allow him time to get back home to drop off keys, wallet, phone etc, then, it might be stretching things but, the other missing person from that night, Samuel Waters, could have actually been in that car too. Especially since it's been released that his phone pinged in the Lake Lanier area in January!

I don't know, what do you think? :thinking:

*tumbleweeds*

Sorry I crashed the thread with my first post. I was sort of hoping that atthelake or one of the other locals on here would have any idea if this could be the case.

I was also thinking about the back door being open and figured it was left ajar because Kelly had gone out without his keys and would need to go back in.

If we say, hypothetically, that this is the case, then we'd have to question whether his decision to take a gun that night might have been what sealed his fate. Turning up with a gun could well have been seen by someone who was already feeling a bit paranoid as an indication that Kelly was going to mug him.

Just my opinion.

*tumbleweeds*

Sorry I crashed the thread with my first post. I was sort of hoping that atthelake or one of the other locals on here would have any idea if this could be the case.

I was also thinking about the back door being open and figured it was left ajar because Kelly had gone out without his keys and would need to go back in.

If we say, hypothetically, that this is the case, then we'd have to question whether his decision to take a gun that night might have been what sealed his fate. Turning up with a gun could well have been seen by someone who was already feeling a bit paranoid as an indication that Kelly was going to mug him.

Just my opinion.

I think your theory is possible. I still don't think he killed himself, but I could be wrong!!!

Here is the link to the Samuel Waters thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Samuel-Waters-21-Lawrenceville-4-January-2015

Here is a news report of the search started 4 months after he went missing,

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/family-hopeful-answers-disappearance-lawrenceville/nk8nQ/

Cell tower reference

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=buford&state_abr=ga

"Monday marked exactly four months since Samuel disappeared after going on a beer run with an acquaintance.

That other person later told investigators on the way to the store Waters asked to be let out of the vehicle and to be left alone.

“That was the last time we ever saw and heard from Samuel,” said Debbie Layfield, Waters’ aunt.

Investigators said they recently discovered Waters’ cell phone later pinged a cell tower the night he disappeared in a different part of Gwinnett County, near Lake Lanier.

Monday, they launched a large search in the area around that tower, which included wooded park land around the lake.

“What would be great would be to find his phone since we knew it was in this area,” said Capt. Jeff Smith with the Lawrenceville Police Department. “If this was our family member we would want all the resources available put on the investigation.”

Here is a map that shows where Kelly lived, where he was found, and the locations of the 3 phone towers in the area around where the recent search went on.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.1491702,-84.0358496,5087m/data=!3m1!1e3

The sound of silence is deafening from both the Kelly Nash and the Samuel Waters cases. Anybody heard anything?

All the contradictions are so confusing to me. Why did law enforcement say that foul play was ruled out even AFTER the body was found. They would have known before an official statement was made that there was a gunshot wound. I do know that Jessica was not the one who found him. There was a 17 year old girl that lived at the residence where the dock was located. She took a picture of the body and was showing it to people around town. She even posted it to twitter before she realized how insensitive that was. I don't want to be gruesome or insensitive myself but in the photo, kelly was floating sort of on his side and there was either a wound at the top/back of his head, or the fish were just eating it. Could that have been where the gunshot wound was? As for the water levels, Lake lanier at its fullest is 1,071 ft. At the time he went missing it was only 1.8 ft below normal level.
If there was a wound at back of his head that would not appear to be suicide.

...I do know that Jessica was not the one who found him. There was a 17 year old girl that lived at the residence where the dock was located. She took a picture of the body and was showing it to people around town. She even posted it to twitter before she realized how insensitive that was...
RSBM. That's not just insensitive. It's callous and it's odd. Seventeen is basically an adult. Not only did she think that was appropriate, but it doesn't sound as if she was too bothered by the experience. Not even slightly suggesting guilt--just strange behavior.

Does anyone know of reasons that an autopsy report would not be released yet? Just wondering if this happens a lot in cases like this. I would have thought the autopsy report would have been released by now! Hmmm?

Does anyone know of reasons that an autopsy report would not be released yet? Just wondering if this happens a lot in cases like this. I would have thought the autopsy report would have been released by now! Hmmm?

Maybe it's not being released to the public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSBM. That's not just insensitive. It's callous and it's odd. Seventeen is basically an adult. Not only did she think that was appropriate, but it doesn't sound as if she was too bothered by the experience. Not even slightly suggesting guilt--just strange behavior.

I completely agree. It's really weird she thought it was normal or appropriate to post something like that. Possible mental issues.

I have been wanting to take a trip to gwinnett co court and see what I find out or at least make a phone call. I am in this weird place where I don't want to feel guilty for prying into this family's business. There is just so many people who got so invested in finding him even though he was a stranger. I've always had a gut feeling there is more to the story and if so, he deserves justice. If not, then we can all move on and let him rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back