GA - Kendrick Johnson, 17, Suspicious Death, Jan. 10/11, 2013, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe KJ's death was a freak accident. I believe KJ's family has a right to see how LE came to that conclusion, ie CCTV, case records, scene photos, autopsy results, etc. I believe that if they see or know something that makes them believe that KJ was murdered then they should pursue it, not only for justice for KJ, but to protect other people from the murderer.
I believe KJ's parents' lawyers are playing on their emotions for money.
MOM JMO

I am a taxpayer, and I have no problem at all with my tax dollars going toward a continuing investigation to get to the bottom of this extremely strange case.

As for the goal of making settlement the only viable option--settlement in what legal action between which parties? I ask because I'm not aware of any such action, but I was on vacation over the last two weeks and had only sporadic access to news updates.

I also am a taxpayer, and I do have a problem with it. The manner of death is unusual, but not mysterious, imo. I don't think anything about the case is mysterious. It's too bad taxpayers don't get to chose what they fund on a line item basis lol

You don't need a formal legal action to settle a claim. That said, Crump is in court against the school and LE wrt to the release of the videotapes and the coroner's inquest.

jmo

I believe KJ's death was a freak accident. I believe KJ's family has a right to see how LE came to that conclusion, ie CCTV, case records, scene photos, autopsy results, etc. I believe that if they see or know something that makes them believe that KJ was murdered then they should pursue it, not only for justice for KJ, but to protect other people from the murderer.
I believe KJ's parents' lawyers are playing on their emotions for money.
MOM JMO

Yes! Thank you!

I think the attorneys and some others have made a tremendous impact on the grief process of Kenricks parents. In many "sudden death" accident or suicide cases, it is normal for loved ones to question foul play.

As you illustrated in your prior post, the school and LE did try and do what they could to comfort the parents. The parents experienced trauma and sometimes shock can make you perceive things differently. (Such as the temperature that KJ's body was kept, when Mr. Johnson viewed him, among other things.) This is worsened by the fact that this was such a odd, freak accident, IMO.

Imagine being in that state of shock and having people around you screaming that KJ's death was some kind of huge racist coverup.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, in any extensive investigation, there will be things that can be picked apart. There are pages and pages of reports from multiple individuals.

I don't believe for a second that the parents weren't provided explanations for a lot of their questions. After months after month though, the school and LE have been faced with a community full of hostility and false accusations. There comes a point when there is nothing else anyone can do to help the community and family, if they refuse to look at facts and evidence. Attorneys are twisting things up and harping on things that have been explained.

The parents will never have any sense of peace with anything, while this fire is being fueled by those that have an interest in their own benefit at the expense of the parents grief. The attorneys are reaching in every direction so that if one criminal or civil suit doesn't stick, they can try and find another one that will.

If Kendrick was of any other race, we would not see these attorneys, the NAACP and the Black Panthers involved. That says volumes to me, because I have seen nothing that indicates Kendricks death had any racist implications or that the investigation was handled differently, due to his race. The attorneys words have caused further division in the community by twisting things up and insinuating something is different than what it is. They have made the community more dangerous, IMO. They are causing the family more grief IMO, by withholding explanations for certain facts. People look up to these attorneys because they have experience and credentials. They trust their opinions. THIS is very upsetting to me.

I agree with BeginnersLuck. The attorneys are causing the family much more grief than necessary. It's heartbreaking.

I check everyday for new news on kendrick's death investigation.

I hope there will be more answers soon.

I wonder how long the investigation will take.

I also am a taxpayer, and I do have a problem with it. The manner of death is unusual, but not mysterious, imo. I don't think anything about the case is mysterious. It's too bad taxpayers don't get to chose what they fund on a line item basis lol

You don't need a formal legal action to settle a claim. That said, Crump is in court against the school and LE wrt to the release of the videotapes and the coroner's inquest.

jmo

BBM. There is a link up thread that says crump nor the other johnson family lawyer filed for the release of the video tapes. LE did.
Jmo

BBM. There is a link up thread that says crump nor the other johnson family lawyer filed for the release of the video tapes. LE did.
Jmo

Oh, I know they didn't file it. I've been saying all along that that's one of the biggest points of obfuscation. But they took the position that the filing of the petition (presumably for the coroner's inquest) was the equivalent of them having done it. It's in King's statements to the press in the presser at the courthouse on the day the petition was filed.

In any case, they're "in court" on both issues even if that's not required to wrangle a settlement -- which it isn't.

eta: thanks for correcting/clarifying though. That's exactly how disinformation is perpetuated. My bad!
jmo

No. Not a fact. WHO IS THE SOURCE????
Surely you know how this works.

Did the writer get the info from Crump? Family? LE????
The source matters.

Yes, the source matters. And if anything comes from Crump, I like your "double checking and triple checking" idea. Heck, I wouldn't believe the man if his tongue came notarized.

The problem comes in here when all that is relied upon are "talking heads," and nothing else. Kimberly125, I know you do your own research as do I, and we know that what the "talking heads" say on CNN isn't the gospel truth.

JMO

Where is the info that his clothes are missing coming from?
Do you have a link? I may have missed that.

Is it coming from Crump?

As in: "That's a part of the murder mystery, too," Crump said. "The fact that his organs are missing, his clothes that had DNA and blood evidence are missing, his fingernails are missing. All of this is missing and it just substantiates the belief that this was not an accident."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...en-investigation-into-ga-teens-gym-mat-death/

Because that's all I can find. And given the fact that I listened to him <modsnip> in an interview that I heard this morning, I'm taking anything Crump says with a 5 gallon bucket of salt.

These Articles reference the missing clothes. Which is information coming from Kendrick's parents.

May 4th article:
http://www.examiner.com/article/gbi...oner-s-inquest-for-kendrick-johnson-is-likely

Sept 4th article:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...-17-year-old-football-player-valdosta-georgia

Oct 10th article:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...with-newspaper-after-death-family-lawyer-says

There is so much info online that some conflicts may be coming from date/timeline info is given.

For example at the time of this interview on August 9th or 10th: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/centerstage/2013/08/10/kendrick-johnson-death-freak-accident-or-murder (106:01 mark) the family Atty King, stated they had only received back ear buds and that clothes were missing.

According to the evidence report: http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/documents/131030051629_Property,%20Evidence%20Forms.pdf that someone here linked to, clothes haven't been logged (unless there's a separate report somewhere) but other items were released in June 2013.

I agree with BeginnersLuck. The attorneys are causing the family much more grief than necessary. It's heartbreaking.

I agree with this. And it angers me.

I'm not a big fan of CNN either, at this point, especially after the TM case. My question is this: As far as the jaw bruising, I had a patient on hospice that the family didn't want me to turn every 2 hrs, which is standard for us to do. They said she already looked comfortable. Well, after a bit, I had to move her to give her a Tylenol suppository for a fever. The right side of her face had a mark that looked like a bruise from the blood settling there, even though she was still alive. I was wondering if something can appear to be bruising if it's not an actual injury, just pooled blood. I apologize if this has been discussed, I'm not too familiar with blood patterns with this type of "unconventional" death.

As I understand it, it is very possible for blood to pool in an area (especially in a corpse!) and appear to be a bruise. But I am no expert. MOO.

That's what I was thinking too. I was actually surprised to see the blood pool on my patient like that, because she was still alive. I figured it was reduced cardiac output, the heart not pumping sufficiently. Strangely enough, the blood pooled low on her cheek, in the area of her chin.

As I understand it, it is very possible for blood to pool in an area (especially in a corpse!) and appear to be a bruise. But I am no expert. MOO.

That is true but a pathologist can tell the difference between a bruise and blood pooling.

That is true but a pathologist can tell the difference between a bruise and blood pooling.

Yes, but what I'm trying to get at is if the blood pooled prior to death, while the heart was still beating, would the blood pooling appear to be a bruise, vs after death, where it would be lividity? Meaning, would the appearance and tissue involvement be different?

Yes, but what I'm trying to get at is if the blood pooled prior to death, while the heart was still beating, would the blood pooling appear to be a bruise, vs after death, where it would be lividity? Meaning, would the appearance and tissue involvement be different?

No. It would still be different. If the blood is pooling there there will be other evidence of that. If there is bruising it will not have the overflow of blood that pooling would produce.

When people die blood always pools, It shows the pattern in which they were laying. Pathologists can tell the difference.

"One significant difference between antemortem and postmortem injuries is in the ways in which the wounds have bled or bruised. It is possible for bleeding to occur after death, and, depending on the type of death, it is possible for bruising or pooling of the blood to occur postmortem, but a pathologist can generally tell by the way a wound has bled or bruised whether it is an antemortem injury". - See more at: http://www.enotes.com/topics/antemortem-injuries#sthash.nd98EGAI.dpuf

Maybe the reason the first pathologist (i think thats who it was, mobile right now) didn't mention the bruise is because it wasn't a bruise but rather pooling of blood. Who is the first to have mentioned the bruise (aside from the emts, to whom pooling blood most likely would look like a bruise)?

MOO

Maybe the reason the first pathologist (i think thats who it was, mobile right now) didn't mention the bruise is because it wasn't a bruise but rather pooling of blood. Who is the first to have mentioned the bruise (aside from the emts, to whom pooling blood most likely would look like a bruise)?

MOO

Maybe he didn't mention it because he just did not see it. Maybe the first pathologist made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3