Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]UPDATE: Tanya Tripp, mother of missing teen, booked into Richmond Co. jail[/h]
carwell-mother.jpg

http://wjbf.com/2017/05/25/tanya-tripp-mother-of-missing-teen-booked-into-atlanta-jail/

Oh goodie, now how to get on her visitor list cause I really want to pay her a visit. Is she downtown or at the Phinizy Swamp Jail (CBWDC) in South Augusta? Not hard to find out.

ETA
Mum is at the CBWDC, or Phinizy Swamp Jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]UPDATE: Tanya Tripp, mother of missing teen, booked into Richmond Co. jail[/h]
carwell-mother.jpg

http://wjbf.com/2017/05/25/tanya-tripp-mother-of-missing-teen-booked-into-atlanta-jail/

Jail Bird looks real familiar and I'm trying to figure out how I know her or why she looks so familiar. She probably looks totally different with a wig on also.

Tanya, where did you and Lyin Leon put Janell and where is her little sissy?

I do hope LE is checking Clarks Hill Lake and Recreational Area if they find nothing at the home.

Not significantly important, but:

"NewsChannel 6 learned the Tate Road home is actually in Tanya’s deceased mother’s name, Faye Carwell, and the Marshal’s office served an eviction notice there Monday, but Tanya had already joined up with her husband in Atlanta." (BBM)
http://wjbf.com/2017/05/24/crime-sc...missing-teen-as-organization-helps-to-locate/

According to the Augusta County (GA) Marshal's Office website:
"The eviction process begins with the landlord or agent filing a dispossessory affidavit with the Civil and Magistrate Court. Once a dispossess has been served at the residence, the tenant has seven days to file an answer with the Clerk of Court. If no answer is filed, or the tenant does not prove their case in court, a writ of possession (commonly referred to as the eviction order) is issued." (BBM)
http://www.augustaga.gov/545/Evictions-FIFA

In the case of the Tripps'/Ms. Carwell's property, the dispossessory affidavit was entered on 4/13/2017 (four days before LaTania was taken, according to Tanya Tripp) and completed on 4/17/2017 (the very day LaTahia was taken), followed by the eviction order served on 5/22/2017. The complainant is Wells Fargo Bank, so most likely the home has been foreclosed upon:
http://appweb.augustaga.gov/marshals_office/complaint_detail.asp?AdvSearch=297913

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but the timeline is somewhat curious, IMO.

In any case ... I hate that there have been zero updates on LaTania's whereabouts since the arrests ... :tantrum:.
That seems extremely significant, to me. There are zero good options in this case. Zero. But I can see selling her as an equal possibility as killing her, as they wanted money to get out of town.

I think sister knows more. And poor baby will hopefully feel comfortable enough to tell, at some point. It is said she's with the aunt.

I also do not think Tanya is covering for the criminal. I think shes part of it. There's no denial and no cover up. I actually think she had more motive than him. She was jealous of her child's beauty and grace. He seemed to like being around her (albeit for creeper reasons). This lady is far from off the hook, for me. She's at the top of my "I'm eyeballing you" list and always has been. I'm also not sold on the medical diagnoses until I see them saying she's being treated. Narcissist liar. That's what I see.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

That seems extremely significant, to me. There are zero good options in this case. Zero. But I can see selling her as an equal possibility as killing her, as they wanted money to get out of town.

I think sister knows more. And poor baby will hopefully feel comfortable enough to tell, at some point. It is said she's with the aunt.

I also do not think Tanya is covering for the criminal. I think shes part of it.
There's no denial and no cover up. I actually think she had more motive than him. She was jealous of her child's beauty and grace. He seemed to like being around her (albeit for creeper reasons). This lady is far from off the hook, for me. She's at the top of my "I'm eyeballing you" list and always has been. I'm also not sold on the medical diagnoses until I see them saying she's being treated. Narcissist liar. That's what I see.

BBM
Oh, most definitely. I wonder which one will turn and blab first. The early bird gets the better deal and not the DP, don'tyaknow.

This is what's going round and round me brain this morning:
1. Anybody worried about the possibility they put Janell is a very secure place only they know about and if she is never found...
2. What if she is found and she is like sweet little Caylee and they can find no cause of death (please forgive me for typing this) and they know it. Maybe I am giving these two way too much brain power, but I am bothered by all this and it is always hot here, this is the deep south where decomp takes a front row seat in the fast lane and it's been almost two months.

Mpnola, when I first read the Medical Diagnosis, the next to last sentence you wrote, I see this...
"I'm also not sold on the medical diagnoses until I see them saying she's being treated as a Narcissist liar" instead of what you really typed, "I'm also not sold on the medical diagnoses until I see them saying she's being treated. Narcissist liar" Please forgive as I, Laughed.Out.Loud.

I'd been writing to journalists regarding this case and also sent a note to the Vanished podcast. I just got an email that she'll be featuring this as an urgent case on her podcast ASAP -- this is great news as her reach is so much wider than Georgia. I'm still just so discouraged that this isn't national news by now.

I'd been writing to journalists regarding this case and also sent a note to the Vanished podcast. I just got an email that she'll be featuring this as an urgent case on her podcast ASAP -- this is great news as her reach is so much wider than Georgia. I'm still just so discouraged that this isn't national news by now.

Way to go, Klutz! :loveyou:
It's unfathomable this particular case in not known & featured nationwide. Hopefully with what your doing along with Vanished, this case will at last get the coverage it so much deserves.

I have been featuring Janell along with other local cases on my Facebook page, it's better than nothing and it's been a couple days so I'll go feature it again and again till there is resolution for Janell, one way or another.

Way to go, Klutz! :loveyou:
It's unfathomable this particular case in not known & featured nationwide. Hopefully with what your doing along with Vanished, this case will at last get the coverage it so much deserves.

I have been featuring Janell along with other local cases on my Facebook page, it's better than nothing and it's been a couple days so I'll go feature it again and again till there is resolution for Janell, one way or another.

To be clear, Marissa said that an organization she works with had also contacted her about the case, so I'm not sure how much impact my email had, but am so happy even if all it did was support the decision to spread the word about Latania.

Thanks SO much for keeping the word out there on this case. It's been a while since I talked about it on my FB page as well, so I'll do the same!!

I've been away for a couple of days (probably good because my tongue could have gotten me in some trouble here on WS due to comments about the "parents"). I was hoping (but not expecting) to come back to good news about Janell. Where is Janell??

BBM
Oh, most definitely. I wonder which one will turn and blab first. The early bird gets the better deal and not the DP, don'tyaknow.

This is what's going round and round me brain this morning:
1. Anybody worried about the possibility they put Janell is a very secure place only they know about and if she is never found...
2. What if she is found and she is like sweet little Caylee and they can find no cause of death (please forgive me for typing this) and they know it. Maybe I am giving these two way too much brain power, but I am bothered by all this and it is always hot here, this is the deep south where decomp takes a front row seat in the fast lane and it's been almost two months.

Mpnola, when I first read the Medical Diagnosis, the next to last sentence you wrote, I see this...
"I'm also not sold on the medical diagnoses until I see them saying she's being treated as a Narcissist liar" instead of what you really typed, "I'm also not sold on the medical diagnoses until I see them saying she's being treated. Narcissist liar" Please forgive as I, Laughed.Out.Loud.
Ha! If only that was a treatable diagnosis, the world would be a better place! Those pesky axis 2 personality disorders make me extra nervous on these missing cases. Maybe she should stay in jail until she's cured! :) lol.

And I will throw something if no one is charged because it takes too long to find her and the evidence is gone. All these cases (aj, caylee, baby doe, etc) that let the parents off because they hid them well enough just make murdering parents hide the bodies better! It's so sick!

I'm not saying she's in that group. I hope so much that shes not! It's just a sore subject for me, especially lately (may Rachelle bond stay in prison or locked in a duffle bag in the ocean forever). And I have lost faith in "parents" in situations like this.

This is a good overview of the case:

Where is LaTania?
http://wjbf.com/2017/05/29/where-is-latania/

From the above link:
"Rhodes shared with me off camera that she spoke and texted with Tanya from the time she reached out to her until she was arrested. She stated that she was told by Tanya that she relocated to Atlanta Friday, May 19. She said that Tanya stated she rented a Uhaul to move and returned it on Tuesday, May 23. According to Tanya, as she was driving to the Uhaul, she spotted Leon walking down the street. She said she yelled to him where is LaTania, but he did not answer that question. She said he told her that they ran out of gas and that the walked to a gas station, but the cell phones were stolen out of the truck. She then said that Leon took LaTania to the train station in Atlanta to take the bus back home.

I’m not sure how true this is because Tanya has not had a good track record for truth telling, but it is what she told Rhodes."

I am trying to make sense of that story he told.

When did they 'run out of gas?' Because the truck was supposedly only a mile away from the home they had left at 1:30 am. They could have walked home at that point, no problem.

But then he says they were in Atlanta when he took her to that station to go home. OK< how did they get to Atlanta if the truck was back at their starting point?

And if she was really 'going home' ---why didn't she call her mom or a friend or relative to say so?

I think that story is total bunk.

This is a good overview of the case:

Where is LaTania?
http://wjbf.com/2017/05/29/where-is-latania/
From the link:
"...
Tanya Tripp made a case report with the sheriff’s office on Monday, April 17 around 8:50 p.m.
[So according to this article, Tanya Tripp filed a report with LE less than 24 hours after LaTania and Leon supposedly disappeared.]
Tanya told the deputies the same thing she told me, that she spoke with Leon and LaTania by cell phone a short while after the two left. The report stated that was around 2:00 a.m. She told us more though. She said she called Leon after her youngest daughter said Janell is gone. She claimed both heard the door slam. After making the call, she said before she could complete the sentence asking where Janell is, Leon broke in to say before you say anything I took Janell because you know I don’t know how to work these cell phones. Tanya agreed. She even added that Leon passed the phone to Janell and she told her she loved her. That is the last time Tanya told me she remembers speaking with her daughter.

Note: Tanya told me that Leon took her phone and left his phone with her. She also stated that the phones Leon and LaTania had were missing and that she had her phone’s number ported to a new phone because that was the only number her daughter had to call her.
[I don't know what to think of this bit about their phones ... hmm ....]
On April 20, Tanya Tripp reported her 1990 GMC Sierra C1500 white pick up truck was either with her husband and daughter or stolen. That truck was found April 26 about a mile from the home on Old McDuffie Road. That truck was back in Tanya Tripp’s possession during our next interview.
[So when TT first filed the case report on Apr. 17th, did she not know what vehicle LaTania and LT were in when he took her? What took her three days to realize the truck was gone? Or is this some sort of misreporting ... because it makes no sense ...?]
A tipster contacted the Carwell family stating they saw Janell just two days after she left with her stepfather.
I have also been in constant contact with the investigator and he informed me that he had not received the same tip.
I spoke with Tanya Tripp about her relationship with Leon Tripp, before she became Mrs. Tripp. She informed me that the two met when they were teens initially. She said they reconnected when he was behind bars and became pen pals. She said after a series of conversations, the sparks began to fly and the two married in 2011. She stated he was released on parole in 2015 and moved in with her, her children and mother in Augusta.
I corroborated her story with her brother. He though LaTania’s biological father was still in Texas, but stated I should listen to Tanya because he was not sure. He did, however, state that the timeline for when his sister met Leon seemed a bit off. He said they were in Texas as teens, so she could have not me Leon until much later in life. Tanya added that LaTania’s biological, paternal grandmother and the rest of the family were all deceased.

Another bit of information that changed the story was that the investigator informed me that the story about meeting Maurice to help him with car trouble in Clarks Hills was not true.
We also aired an interview with Cathy Rhodes, the founder of Bring Our Missing Home Inc. Rhodes runs a local non-profit organization with a national reach to help missing and exploited children.
Rhodes shared with me off camera that she spoke and texted with Tanya from the time she reached out to her until she was arrested. She stated that she was told by Tanya that she relocated to Atlanta Friday, May 19. She said that Tanya stated she rented a Uhaul to move and returned it on Tuesday, May 23. According to Tanya, as she was driving to the Uhaul, she spotted Leon walking down the street. She said she yelled to him where is LaTania, but he did not answer that question. She said he told her that they ran out of gas and that the walked to a gas station, but the cell phones were stolen out of the truck. She then said that Leon took LaTania to the train station in Atlanta to take the bus back home.

I’m not sure how true this is because Tanya has not had a good track record for truth telling, but it is what she told Rhodes.
According to investigators, the parents are not talking about where their daughter is located.
I wanted to do a story the focuses more on where LaTania was last seen. Getting that information was difficult, but the Richmond County Board of Education spokesman was able to confirm that LaTania did not arrive to school on April 17, which was her birthday. Her last day at school was the week prior.
...."
For once, I am speechless ... :fainted:

I'd still like to know what day in the week prior that she was at school?

From what the podcast says, they had an Easter Celebration BBQ on Sunday, the day before she went missing. I'd like to know who else was there, if anyone.

Snipping parts of inmyhumble's post....

She stated that she was told by Tanya that she relocated to Atlanta Friday, May 19. She said that Tanya stated she rented a Uhaul to move and returned it on Tuesday, May 23. According to Tanya, as she was driving to the Uhaul, she spotted Leon walking down the street. She said she yelled to him where is LaTania, but he did not answer that question. She said he told her that they ran out of gas and that the walked to a gas station, but the cell phones were stolen out of the truck. She then said that Leon took LaTania to the train station in Atlanta to take the bus back home.

So Tanya did NOT speak to her husband, the stepdad, Leon for a month? Where had he been? Do you take the BUS back home from the TRAIN STATION?

I am assuming this is in Atlanta where she was returning the u-haul truck and she just happened to spot him walking down the street?

The truck ran out of gas in Atlanta or Augusta?
On April 20, Tanya Tripp reported her 1990 GMC Sierra C1500 white pick up truck was either with her husband and daughter or stolen. That truck was found April 26 about a mile from the home on Old McDuffie Road. That truck was back in Tanya Tripp&#8217;s possession during our next interview.

Obviously there was not any forensic testing done on said pickup truck? Was the truck without fuel when found? Who found it? Three days after Janell went missing?
Was a search done within that mile?

I'm so confused!

Can someone do a simpler time line? Should I try?

"On April 20, Tanya Tripp reported her 1990 GMC Sierra C1500 white pick up truck was either with her husband and daughter or stolen. That truck was found April 26 about a mile from the home on Old McDuffie Road. That truck was back in Tanya Tripp’s possession during our next interview."

Ok, if the truck was found a mile from their house in Augusta, how did Leon get to Atlanta?!
Can the other daughter confirm that her Mom, Leon and Janelle were home all day up until she informed her Mom that Janelle was missing? Or do we have a 3rd person that rode with Leon to Atlanta and brought the truck back or met up with Leon where the truck was found and took him to Atlanta?
Was Janelle even in that truck that night?
This case is driving me nuts!! Where is Janelle????

Lemme get this straight, Janell has been missing longer than initially thought because she had been absent from school even before her birthday? Story is getting rancid and these stupid lies have got to stop. I cannot believe these two think we are so dumb as to believe this sh$te! Come on! LE needs to p up the pressure.
Where is Janell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members