GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The River is low low low low...........Any searches

None that I have heard of, tomkat. I do know that they held another of those Ocmulgee River clean-ups that we have kept an eye on, a few weeks ago.

tomkat, seems like you are in the Georgia Avenue neighborhood pretty frequently. Have you noticed any flowers or memorials, any activity like that, around Barristers Hall during these days?

As I predicted, Fox24 NewsCentralGa is following through on its promise for more related coverage:

Learning Self Defense for Times of Danger: In Memory of Lauren Giddings

print article and video (I think?): http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...r-In-Memory-of-Lauren-Giddings-160751455.html

Hmmm, just looking over the print article, it doesn't seem clear just how this class is being related to Lauren ... maybe it explains in the video, which I haven't watched yet.

Anyhow, I think Lauren would probably approve. Am I remembering correctly that she had some self-defense training?

I am headed to fry up some bacon to make BLTs for some hungry folks around here.

I will definitely be back some later, but I may have to shorten my upcoming scheduled time in the wee hours. Haven't felt well today and I think some sleep might be in order.

'til a little later!

Not yet, I will be on GA ave tomorrow, will check it out

As I predicted, Fox24 NewsCentralGa is following through on its promise for more related coverage:

print article and video (I think?): http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...r-In-Memory-of-Lauren-Giddings-160751455.html

Hmmm, just looking over the print article, it doesn't seem clear just how this class is being related to Lauren ... maybe it explains in the video, which I haven't watched yet.

Anyhow, I think Lauren would probably approve. Am I remembering correctly that she had some self-defense training?

INteresting, about to watch the video, maybe LG got some training thru them

If Lauren had shared positive opinions regarding the NRA, and how much she liked guns along with her personal favorite carry pieces, that would have been the best self-defense.

Whomever did this knew her. They knew about the door brace thing, they knew about Butterbean, they knew if things got scary she would dial 911; they knew there was very little risk other than forensic evidence.

If Lauren had shared positive opinions regarding the NRA, and how much she liked guns along with her personal favorite carry pieces, that would have been the best self-defense.

Whomever did this knew her, they knew about the door brace thing, they knew about Butterbean, they knew if things got bad she would dial 911, they knew there was very little risk other than forensic evidence.

and they knew about trash pickup and his/her timing was off by just a few hours

lg memorial 2.jpglg memorial.jpg
click on image to enlarge,

a shrine by a friend of the family I think

I've been thinking about the the first day we heard about Lauren. So I thought I'd bring over some of the first posts. In the OP, sue41 posted an article released before it was reported that a body had been found. That makes sense because I recall pulling up a google map of the area when it was believed Lauren was still missing. Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to reflect on our initial thoughts and compare them to our current thinking.

I don't mind saying that my opinion hasn't changed since I saw the interview for the first time.

Missing in Macon, GA since last Saturday. Body found outside her apt. yesterday.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/01/1616828/update-missing-womans-neighbor.html

This is my first time logging in so I don't know if I've done this right or not.

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html

Oh my. This is shocking.

ETA: Apparently the landfill has been secured and is being searched.

This is so sad. It is hard to know what is in the mind of a killer. IF that is her body I pray that her spirit is carried on in all who knew and loved her. Thank you for posting this.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family, her boyfriend, and her friends.

This is turning into what appears to be a very bizarre story. The body found outside the apartment was dismembered.

The reports say Saturday night she emailed a friend to say someone had tried to break into her apartment and she was afraid. Then she disappears without a trace leaving keys/cell phone/everything in her apartment with no signs of forced entry. She most likely let the killer in to her apartment.

Why did she email to say she was afraid and not contact the police? Did she have a stalker or suspect who might have tried to break which is why she was afraid later yet did not get the authorities involved?

Her neighbor (a fellow law student) was arrested on old burglary charges and is being held. The police aren't saying much of anything. There is likely a very bloody crime scene close by (if this is in fact her) so this shouldn't take too long to solve.

http://www.macon.com/2011/06/30/1616531/body-found-mercer-law-giddings.html

tomkat, thanks for re-posting that video! I was going to try to give it a shot, if no one else had, after I ate. (I had a BLT, too, and I do feel some better, still kind of drained, though.)

It's always impressed me that the other video (which I'm about to attempt to repost below) isn't even really a "memorial" video, apparently, but one a friend made to honor a very-much-alive Lauren. Says a lot about Lauren and about that friendship, IMO. I'm glad Lauren got to watch that one!

LAUREN.mov - YouTube

ETA: Yay! I did it!

I've been thinking about the the first day we heard about Lauren. So I thought I'd bring over some of the first posts. In the OP, su41 posted an article released before it was reported that a body had been found. That makes sense because I recall pulling up a google map of the area without knowing that a body had been found. Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to reflect on our initial thoughts and compare them to our current thinking.

I don't mind saying that my opinion hasn't changed since I saw the interview for the first time.

A couple of weeks ago, I went back and read through about the first 3 Lauren threads.

I was pulled in by Lauren's story from the very first and kept up with it as well as I could, any way I could think of, locally. I wanted somewhere to discuss it, though, and a look at the macon.com comments section pretty much convinced me that wasn't what I was looking for. So glad I remembered Websleuths!

I joined this site in 2006, when the Carr fellow claiming connection to JonBenet Ramsey's death surfaced, and I happened across WS while trying to discern whether he might be the real deal. Joined and read for a few days, posted a few times, then never came back until Lauren's murder. I really had no idea, from my brief previous excursion, of the extent and scope of this site and came back "hoping" Lauren's case might be here. And, of course, it was. (Can't think how I ever managed to remember my username, etc., but I did.)

I think I came in about the 3rd thread ...? ...they were moving fast, in those days. I read every single post that I had missed, though, before joining in.

Anyhow, revisiting those early threads a few weeks ago was very interesting, and emotional, too.

For those just happening in to Lauren's current thread this evening, welcome to the vigil-in-progress...

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

For more details about the vigil, check earlier information posts in this thread.

From all I have read about Lauren, I can imagine her saying something like "let's get this party started". Always upbeat, laughing, joking.

That acerbic wit of hers really shows in this note from her facebook page. I giggled at her silliness and that is probably what she would want us all to do.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/lauren-teresa/pleasing-kristin/72679323568

Also, Lauren's photo's can be viewed here ... https://www.facebook.com/lauren.teresa.528?sk=photos
So many happy moments ...

And for Backwoods. Here your answer to Butterbean's eye injury ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509683638274.2019549.53300422&type=3

From all I have read about Lauren, I can imagine her saying something like "let's get this party started". Always upbeat, laughing, joking.

That acerbic wit of hers really shows in this note from her facebook page. I giggled at her silliness and that is probably what she would want us all to do.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/lauren-teresa/pleasing-kristin/72679323568

Also, Lauren's photo's can be viewed here ... https://www.facebook.com/lauren.teresa.528?sk=photos
So many happy moments ...

And for Backwoods. Here your answer to Butterbean's eye ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.509683638274.2019549.53300422&type=3

Thanks, Knox. I don't do Facebook myself, but I will get my daughter to help me have a look at those.

About to sign out -- a little earlier this time than I originally had planned, so I amended the schedule for the remaining vigil, which I'm posting below for everyone's reference. If you want to commit to a spot, just post or pm me, and I'll add you. I know folks will continue to "drop in" as they can, as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCHEDULE for remaining vigil days - (times are Eastern zone)

Fri., June 29 (lots of openings here!)
pearl: midnight - 2 a.m.
Backwoods: 1 a.m. - 2 a.m.

bessie: as available after 7:30 p.m.

Sat., June 30 (ending at noon) (openings here as well)
Backwoods: 10 a.m. - noon

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I do not think LGs family or friends nor DV would appreciate albums and information from LGs private fbook page being posted here. I do not even know how people are friends of hers, as she had a private site and maybe her family member or members is controlling it now and accepting people, but let's please respect her. Alas maybe her page is public now and I guess then its fair game, but I have been a friend for years, and to me she was private before, and I will never bring over her personal information to the public.

All I can say about this case is that is has moved me as much, if not more, than any loss I've ever known.

I own a rental around the corner from Barrister's Hall, if you were to walk from BH across GA ave straight across onto Mercer Law grounds, you would be just about on top of my rental, direct opposite, on Bond St.

As a property manager for many years, in a small capacity, I say you can only do so much to make your complex safe, it is up to the individuals to protect their own life and property, the rental is as their own and if they aren't being managed properly, I urge you to move. Property Managers should always change the locks or have them re keyed when a new tenant moves in. They should have working locks on all windows and doors (and attics if it runs the length of a building or another unit might gain access to them through the attic). Also working smoke detectors, radon and fire extinguishers.

It is up to the individual as to the location of their living arrangements according to their budget. Not all areas are the same. AND AS has been proven, even the good areas are not immune to psychopaths!

I was afraid for a while to travel this area after Lauren's murder. My apartments were 100% occupied so didnt' worry about someone gaining access to an empty unit, but i did have basement that was not used, tho locked tight, and the back yard, tho kept, is not a haven for gatherings, and I admit, I SEARCHED the basement and the backyard area for Lauren, which also has a row of trees and shrubs where other homes back yards back up to this row of growth.

I am still haunted by this case almost on a daily basis. I will neve get over this senseless crime. I think it's been mentioned; a death, a car accident, a shooting, is bad enough, when death follows...but to dismember your victim(my thoughts) screams psychopath with no conscience and I don't give a CARE what the books say or the court. To be able to do that to someone, in my mind, says clearly there is SOME INSANITY there whether it can be so called "proven" or not, the proof to me is already there. How can someone like that be "CURED" in a prison system?. The mind is a terrible thing to waste so the college ad used to say on tv many years ago, but it's also a terrible thing. It makes us happy, sad, insecure, afraid, sadistic, neurotic, WHATEVER, if we let it.

I do not fully trust my neighbors and I speak from a minor experience; I was once stalked by a neighbor, many weeks later finding out he had been raping girls in the area near south Macon. Some may remember the case, they owned a WR and Macon pet store. My sister used to babysit their children. Both parents very nice, he very very quiet and the wife very outgoing, so in their business, they played the roles that best fit them, he behind the scenes, she in the forefront. My AUnt had an experience where the husband had come over during the day when she was there alone house sitting, even tho she knew him/them, she did not answer the door feeling that it was odd he was there at all this time of day, for some reason. Most would have answered the door thinking his phone had died, ( no cell phones then haha, geez I'm old) needed to borrow something or even had an emergency situation. But she did not answer the door.This was our neighbors whom we trusted.

We cannot know everything but I don't think we can be too trusting. Then again, as the saying goes, when it's your time, it's your time.

I think of Lauren and her family almost on a daily basis and I can say with certainty, I do NOT know how her parents have continued functioning. Having three children of my own, I can ONLY imagine the shock and heartache they must know, and cannot understand the senselessness of it all even though we have heard all the reasoning behind it

May God be with LG family and I pray the Authorities have the killer in custody

img_large_watermarked.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members