GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet, I will be on GA ave tomorrow, will check it out
I drove by yesterday , there is nothing . Two small signs, but they have to do with the apartments . I can't blame Boni Bush for trying to move on. My heart hurts and it gives me the creeps just driving by

I apologize for not being here for my time early this morning. I sat on the couch last night to apply my eye treatment, closed my eyes with the intention to get up in about 30 minutes, and apparently fell asleep until about an hour ago. I do have good intentions.

Thanks, Knox. I don't do Facebook myself, but I will get my daughter to help me have a look at those.

I don't approve of facebook and think many people will live to regret using it, but it is easy to set up an anon account, just choose a random name, use a "throw away" email address, and don't "friend" or socialize with people who know you in real life on the site. The throw away email is important.

It is interesting to read the old posts from a year ago, in most ways it is all just as mysterious now as it was back then.

No other murder case has ever interested me the way this one has, not even close. The fact it is local of course helps, and the mysterious aspects too, it is strange how these people whom we have never met became a big part of our thoughts and conversations through no desire of their own. I guess lots of people feel that way about various cases on the site but it is a new thing for me.

bumping for Lauren's vigil

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

For more details about the vigil, check earlier information posts in this thread.

Here for Lauren, and her family and friends till 3.

My thoughts currently going to how and when loved ones began to worry- and what a painful time that must have been for them. :(

There is this precious time when families and friends of missing persons float between anger and fear- sort of like when your child doesn't make it back by their curfew-but then arrives 15 minutes later, safe and well- that is so heartwrenching when they do not make it back, and your worst fears are realized.

I can't imagine how Lauren's family and friends are feeling right now. I hope they know they have a family of strangers here for them, to help carry and share their pain.

SCHEDULE for remaining vigil days - (times are Eastern zone)

Fri., June 29 (lots of openings here!)
Oriah: 2-3 p.m.

bessie: as available after 7:30 p.m.

Sat., June 30 (ending at noon) (openings here as well)
Backwoods: 10 a.m. - noon

When I think of Lauren, I think of Abraham Lincoln. A man who fought against constitutional and moral bias throughout his life- a life that was cut short purposefully- without any purpose.

I wonder if Lauren might have sought politics and perhaps presidency at some point?

I would have voted for her.

When I think of Lauren, I think of Abraham Lincoln. A man who fought against constitutional and moral bias throughout his life- a life that was cut short purposefully- without any purpose.

I wonder if Lauren might have sought politics and perhaps presidency at some point?

I would have voted for her.

That is high praise for Lauren. I wonder if she might not have gotten a huge chuckle out of that comparison, but felt very honored as well. (That, too, would be Lincoln-like, I'd say.)

My daughter was born on Abraham Lincoln's birthday and thinks he's a great birthday-buddy to have! My dad studied, read about, and admired Lincoln a lot, taught me to, as well.

I apologize for not being here for my time early this morning. I sat on the couch last night to apply my eye treatment, closed my eyes with the intention to get up in about 30 minutes, and apparently fell asleep until about an hour ago. I do have good intentions.

pearl, I believe I have seen you on the vigil thread every single day -- don't worry at all about last night --er, well, early this morning. (I had to check out a little early myself).

I'm happy with a huge chuckle. ;)

And why do I somehow think perhaps Lauren may have known the Cooper Union argument word by word?

I drove by yesterday , there is nothing . Two small signs, but they have to do with the apartments . I can't blame Boni Bush for trying to move on. My heart hurts and it gives me the creeps just driving by

I'm in Macon fairly often but it would be unusual for me to have a reason to pass by the apartments. I have wanted to detour there, though, on several occasions. I never have -- maybe I just didn't want to feel like just a gawker ... or maybe just not prepared enough for the impact ...not sure.

I guess we should try to remember, though, that the place was "home" to Lauren for several years, seemed she liked "her little place", probably had lots of happy memories from there.

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

MEMORY VIGIL for LAUREN

12 noon June 25 until 12 noon June 30

th_f8b3370f.gif

th_f8b3370f.gif
th_f8b3370f.gif

The idea is to keep at least one person here on Lauren's thread as many hours as possible during the one-year anniversary of those days when Lauren was missing but no one realized it yet -- kind of like being here "with her" during that time.

th_f8b3370f.gif

:grouphug:

I chose the hours so that we could start during the time when Lauren was known to be alive and well a year ago ... and then stay here for her until a time corresponding to when her loved ones knew the sad likelihood that her spirit had moved on and so reached to embrace her precious memory. (And I pray that God will especially bless and comfort all who loved Lauren and all those she loved, too, during this anniversary time.)

It may not be possible for us to have someone here every minute during this time period (it will be great if we can), but let's try to keep this thread well-populated to the extent that we can.

In earlier discussion, it was suggested that this will be a wonderful time to post pictures and memories and anecdotes recalling all that Lauren was and did and accomplished in her life. Let's remember her as so much more than the victim of a horrific crime -- let's celebrate the vibrant, loving and accomplished person who meant so much to so many.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I do not think LGs family or friends nor DV would appreciate albums and information from LGs private fbook page being posted here. I do not even know how people are friends of hers, as she had a private site and maybe her family member or members is controlling it now and accepting people, but let's please respect her. Alas maybe her page is public now and I guess then its fair game, but I have been a friend for years, and to me she was private before, and I will never bring over her personal information to the public.

Hi GeorgiaSunshine. :seeya:

The links I supplied are not set to private, they are available to the public. I would never dream of being disrespectful of Lauren's memory, nor her family. If you feel my post should be removed, please alert on it. It would not upset me at all.

Hi GeorgiaSunshine. :seeya:

The links I supplied are not set to private, they are available to the public. I would never dream of being disrespectful of Lauren's memory, nor her family. If you feel my post should be removed, please alert on it. It would not upset me at all.

Knox, you sweet thing, I know you would not. Like I said in my post, if they are public now; I guess it isn't really a privacy thing anymore. Was just a thought to put out there for future posters. :rocker:

new today from Macon's FOX24 NewsCentralGA:

Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones Remembers Lauren Giddings

... We spoke with Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones and he reflects on that day. "It was horrible! ..."

..."This is probably one of the worst crimes that I've seen that has happened in this area. I’m thinking to myself.... How could someone do another human being like that?" says Jones. ...

print article and video at: http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...nes-Remembers-Lauren-Giddings--160892905.html

The River is low low low low...........Any searches

You know, tomkat, in recent weeks I have also wondered about Lake Tobesofkee. (Just thinking of large bodies of water nearby and easily accessible.)

You know, tomkat, in recent weeks I have also wondered about Lake Tobesofkee. (Just thinking of large bodies of water nearby and easily accessible.)

That is where the old Woolfolk house was, isn't it? I asked a friend about going over there for a look at the old property and she said she thinks the whole lake area is in a gated community which is not easy to access.

I don't know for sure if that is the case but a gated community with cameras and who all knows what might not be a practical place.

That is where the old Woolfolk house was, isn't it? I asked a friend about going over there for a look at the old property and she said she thinks the whole lake area is in a gated community which is not easy to access.

I don't know for sure if that is the case but a gated community with cameras and who all knows what might not be a practical place.

Parts of Lake Tobesofkee are accessible from a public road and bridge, I know that much.

Tobesofkee is a 1,750-acre lake owned and operated by Bibb County near Macon, Ga. Property owners have developed the shoreline on the lower end but the upper end is still relatively undeveloped above the Lower Thomaston Rd. Bridge
more at: http://www.georgiawildlife.com/Fishing/Tobesofkee

FWIW, for non-locals, the lake is also the site of the restaurant where the Giddings family and another graduate's family held a graduation celebration at which some believe SM appeared without having been invited.
http://fishnpig.com/

To Sonya: (I'm not sure if the old Woolfolk property has lake border...? Maybe so. The last time I was out there, at the house site -- many years ago --a then-new subdivision was just going up, along one property line near the old house site. I believe the subdivision was called Beaver Oaks, at that time anyhow. )

ETA (o/t) to Sonya:
Looks like Beaver Oaks does front on the lake in some parts: http://d3026668.u53.c14.ixinstant.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee