GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm: That's what I had been envisioning, too, bessie -- but...WOW!

Just saw this on the front page of Macon.com. Wow is right. I expected a classic, timeless looking bench. From the city's standpoint this could open the door to all sorts of stuff, not likely though as most murder victim's families wouldn't be willing to pay for a memorial, but it does surely open the door.

lo0bu.AuSt.71.jpeg

Hi all....I have fallen off the radar since the beginning of May. I have been following Lauren's story everyday, of course, although there haven't been too many developments. Just kind of checking in...I am making it my mission in the next 2 days to go though all the posts that I have missed. I still think about LG everyday. I have been kind of going stir crazy, wishing something would happen.

Thanks for all the updates on tge bench and memorial, BW. I'm grateful her family is getting support from the community.

So what about McD? No news at all? I wish Agent Frank would sign in with an update. I know it's going to be quite awhile before a trial commences, but it would be nice to know if there is e some movement in the case.

I've been glad to provide the updates on the bench, etc. -- seems like the media folks around here have been all over that, at least -- but I'm sorry that, nope, as far as anything else, seems mum has been the word.

There is barely a mention of anything about SM or the trial in the coverage of the memorial events -- but that doesn't surprise me, and, in fact, I think that was a good thing -- just feel like those were to focus on Lauren and the imprint she left.

But the overall silence since that last bond hearing, that does surprise me a little. I guess maybe there just hasn't been too much to report. Also, an upcoming election -- that could be some degree of influence on sort of a moratorium, possibly. Like you, I'd like to hear from AgentFrank or someone with similar "insights", bessie.

I have been thinking, though -- OK, let's review (and once again, sorry for the ALL CAPS below; it's that way in the source, but bbm):

DEFENSE ATTORNEY FRANK HOGUE SAYS THEY LIKE WON'T HAVE ANY MORE HEARINGS THIS SUMMER.... BUT RATHER, THEY'LL SPEND THE MONTHS COMBING THROUGH EVIDENCE AND PREPARING FOR TRIAL.
MOTIONS IN THE CASE ARE DUE AUGUST 31... BUT HOGUE SAYS AFTER LOOKING AT THE BODY OF EVIDENCE... THE DEFENSE TEAM WILL PROBABLY NEED MORE TIME.

http://www.13wmaz.com/archive/article/185648/340/Tuesday-June-19-Eyewitness-News-at-6

As we talked a little about before, maybe a local media outlet will seek an update around the time of those first motions originally being due, Aug. 31, even though it looks as though those may be delayed.

I did have a stray thought: It's been so QUIET. Then, what with the memorials being scheduled so close to that Aug. 31 date -- and with members of Lauren's family being in town ... I got to thinking, Hmmm, wondering if a plea could be in the works... . I really think not, but -- after following Mickey Shunick's case (as you know I have, bessie), I'm reminded that anything can happen.

I do hope to hear something soon. I'm on the lookout, MSM-wise -- unfortunately, not placed too well in my current life activities to hear much from elsewhere.

I got to thinking, Hmmm, wondering if a plea could be in the works... . I really think not, but -- after following Mickey Shunick's case (as you know I have, bessie), I'm reminded that anything can happen.

I don't see a plea bargain in the works. Hogue has been busy with other cases, he just wrapped up the Clements trial (guy that hired his two idiot friends to kill his wife) and that guy should have bargained, sheesh the jury only deliberated an hour before convicting him.

I think he is also defending Pamela Moss for the second time (previously convicted of murdering her mother with a hammer, now the body of her business partner is found under her back porch, also blunt force head trauma) and who all knows how many cases.

He has been super busy so that might contribute to things being so quiet.

Yes, Sonya, that is another thing I meant to mention in my post last night and forgot -- that at least one of SM's lawyers has had his hands full lately, because you are right, he has.

Thanks, Knox, for posting that pic -- I think it's a great one. This is the one macon.com originally had up as the "main" one with the story, but then I think they changed it to the one of Lauren's mom placing the flowers.

If the defense requires more time to file their motions, will there be a court appearance to do so?

Thanks, Knox, for posting that pic -- I think it's a great one. This is the one macon.com originally had up as the "main" one with the story, but then I think they changed it to the one of Lauren's mom placing the flowers.

I thought I actually posted the picture, but it seems to only be the link now?
Not that it's relevant, but McD's paternal Grandfather died last week.

ETA- What the heck, it's back now. Weird?!

I thought I actually posted the picture, but it seems to only be the link now?
Not that it's relevant, but McD's paternal Grandfather died last week.

ETA- What the heck, it's back now. Weird?!

Oh, no -- I hadn't heard about the paternal grandfather's death, but I do remember hearing some time back that his health was not good.

(I see the pic you posted -- on another thread today, someone was talking about pics that took a bit to "show up" -- not sure what's up with that!)

If the defense requires more time to file their motions, will there be a court appearance to do so?

Good question, pearl -- and I don't know the answer. You mean, an appearance to request the extension, right? Hmmm.

Oh, no -- I hadn't heard about the paternal grandfather's death, but I do remember hearing some time back that his health was not good.

(I see the pic you posted -- on another thread today, someone was talking about pics that took a bit to "show up" -- not sure what's up with that!)

Just to be clear, SMDs maternal grandfather Hollis, is the one who had the land that LGs fam wants to still search. He gave the interesting interview. He passed around this past Spring? Now paternal granfather died. So interesting. U think it is stress?

Hello Sleuthers , I am still here , and check in every so often, but there is just nothing and I mean nothing going on with this case , to speak of. I will work on getting some facts, but in the meantime here is Agent Frank's pure speculation:
The defense is in no hurry to get this trial underway. They think, and I agree, that the calendar is their friend. The wheels of justice here, if they are turning at all, are turning very slowly. No motions have even been heard yet , I will check one of these days to see if they have been filed , when I can get down to the courthouse. The prosecution , meanwhile, if you can believe this, has not received all of the evidence back from the FBI ! Only explanation I have received is that this is just one of several cases they are working on . Not sure what Greg Winters is up to, but if I was him I would be raising hell to get all the evidence back and pressing for the trial to get underway , or get something moving. Taking myself, for example, I am not as passionate about this case as I once was, and if that can happen to me I am sure the general public will be the same way . Memories fade, time heals wounds,evidence grows cold , (or gets "lost") people forget how awful this was. Winters originally told me we were looking at 2013 for the trial to begin . Now I am hearing (not from him but from another source ) 2014 if we are lucky. :waiting:

Just to be clear, SMDs maternal grandfather Hollis, is the one who had the land that LGs fam wants to still search. He gave the interesting interview. He passed around this past Spring? Now paternal granfather died. So interesting. U think it is stress?

Yes, I knew Mr. Browning died in April -- just had not heard about the death of the paternal grandfather.

Yes, Sonya, that is another thing I meant to mention in my post last night and forgot -- that at least one of SM's lawyers has had his hands full lately, because you are right, he has.

This is not directly related to the Giddings case but others may be interested in it.

As mentioned Hogue just finished the Clement's trial (guy convicted of having his wife killed). He is currently debating with some of the posters on macon.com. Interesting dialogue, I have never seen him post before, it is definitely him though.

http://www.macon.com/2012/08/29/2154607/clements-sentenced-to-life-without.html#disqus_thread

Lauren's thread needs bumping, as it has drifted onto page 2 of the index ... so I'll just note that the original August 31 date set for first motions has come and gone, with no inquiry or comment that I have seen from local media. Maybe next week....

bumping the thread for Lauren -- and trying not to let Macon media outlets forget that we are expecting an update on the case from them very soon.

I woke up this morning thinking about Lauren and the ripple effect. I must have been dreaming about her, but I don't remember it.

I thought about all of the myriad ways, big and small, she touched lives and how changes in the current of life as a result of her absence will affect not just those closest to her, but also lives seemingly far removed.

You know... the tired and cranky single mother working as a gas station attendant who might have seen Lauren's smile or received a kind word from her, and as a result gone home with a smile and a hug for her kid rather than a frown and a snap, giving the kid a little extra boost to do something more productive than escaping into video games... and on and on.

Tomorrow, I think I'll do something randomly kind in Lauren's honor, just because... just throw a positive little pebble into the stream of life for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member