GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best way we can get more insight into SM is to review the emails that he sent to his classmates to find his online personas. In the emails that Agelanalyzes posted, SM mentions "Alteria". Based on a basic Google search, it appears that Alteria is an RPG game: http://www.happypenguin.org/show?Alteria

Maybe we can use some of the other words he uses to find other connections to him:

Andre Kirpochev
Kirotan Valley
Entimoff
true-born “Son of Liberty”

I had the same thought yesterday and did the same search. When I googled the "Andre" name and didn't come up with anything, I just assumed that these words don't mean anything. Obviously SMD has some interest in politics so I was wondering if it's "code" for something slightly different than the real name (for example, saying "Alteria" instead of "Algeria"). Unfortunately I don't know much about politics so I don't understand what he was getting at in the email.

I believe Bessie asked us not to discuss the email further up the thread since it couldn't be shared here. So, I apologize if this post is inappropriate but I did want to mention that I had the same thought process - just don't understand why he used the terms that he did.

I did not catch the initials part, but did see the Germany address--but, I did not think that was dispositive for someone into roleplaying like SM.

I can't prove that it's not McD. But, it seems like a bit of effort to create a German language website dedicated to writing computer programs with a German Domain registration and acquire an email address from a German ISP just to cloak his real identity for online role playing games. MU also seems to have considerable programming skills doing work with wxbasic html and javascript. I still really like your idea for using those, and other ,keywords to track down some sort of online presence for McD. You've inspired me to go do some searching as well. But, I believe MU is who he says he is.

I believe Bessie asked us not to discuss the email further up the thread since it couldn't be shared here. So, I apologize if this post is inappropriate but I did want to mention that I had the same thought process - just don't understand why he used the terms that he did.

Oops! I think you're right about being asked not to discuss the email. My apologies as well.

I'm just not feeling SMD is LG's killer. I feel police may have wasted precious time in his apartment trying to find anything that could tie him to this. I can't be sure, and I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but I have extreme doubts about SMD's capability to do anything of this sort and function afterwards. It's my impression that he wouldn't hurt a fly and would probably try to bury a bird if it hit his windshield and died. I just have an overwhelming vibe about him that says he's not our man.

:twocents:

I feel the same way. I think LE has been going on circumstantial evidence like Kaitlyn saying LG didn't feel comfortable around SM. LG's dad also said LE had heard things. I don't understand why LG would invite SM to the class gathering if she distrusted him. Maybe the friends got a strange vibe from him, saying he "inserted himself" in the search. When LE found the condoms and master key, that instigated their investigation of him. One article reported LE examined the pipes all the way from the apartment to the river. That tells me there is not much forensic evidence in the the apartments. If there was overwhelming evidence, LE would have already charged him to calm the public. I may be totally wrong, but I'm not convinced that SM is the culprit.

WoW am I a bit shocked at what I just stumbled upon.. In speaking of Laurem's family members alluding to Lauren's murder was possibly quick and/or painless I just typed into the google search box these exact words:
Murder method that would be the quickest and most painless death

And this is EXACTLY what popped up as my result..
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decapitation

I know! I know!..how would they be able to surmise that Lauren's death occurred due to decapatation instead of how most of us have been believing that would have been post mortem..

But WoW what a strange method that immediately pulled up from google search given we do know for a fact that whether pre or post mortem that Lauren was decapitated(boy that's hard to even type)..

Just wanted to share this strange happenstance with my google search..

Decapitation is painless when done with the correct blade and tool, but it's very difficult to do it correctly to where it is painless, in one fell swoop. It would also be extremely, extremely messy and blood would go everywhere. But hmm...

Decapitation is painless when done with the correct blade and tool, but it's very difficult to do it correctly to where it is painless, in one fell swoop. It would also be extremely, extremely messy and blood would go everywhere. But hmm...

This is why it bothers me to the core that NO other body parts have been found. Quick and painless- how in the world would they come to that conclusion???

On the other hand, we can evaluate the facts that we do know which are: Lauren's torso was found outside at the crime scene of Barristers Hall Apts where over 200 pieces of evidence has been removed by LE, including a refrigerator, plus, the next door neighbor, McD is in jail for two burglaries at the BH apartments.
Don't forget McD also had a Master Key.
Don't forget not one other name has been released as a POI.

[/I]

Respectfully snipped and BBM

I know LE keeps saying 200 pieces of evidence have been collected but they do not know (according to Burns) that those 200 items are evidence yet.

LE should say 200 pieces of potential evidence.

Respectfully snipped and BBM

I know LE keeps saying 200 pieces of evidence have been collected but they do not know (according to Burns) that those 200 items are evidence yet.

LE should say 200 pieces of potential evidence.

I agree and I also think it's important to bear in mind that SM is in jail because he has been accused of/charged with 2 counts of burglary that are unrelated to LG's case. He has not been convicted of anything and is not "in jail for burglary".

I agree and I also think it's important to bear in mind that SM is in jail because he has been accused of/charged with 2 counts of burglary that are unrelated to LG's case. He has not been convicted of anything and is not "in jail for burglary".

You're right, and through his attorney, he maintains he is innocent of the charges.

I'm just not feeling SMD is LG's killer. I feel police may have wasted precious time in his apartment trying to find anything that could tie him to this. I can't be sure, and I will be the first to admit I was wrong, but I have extreme doubts about SMD's capability to do anything of this sort and function afterwards. It's my impression that he wouldn't hurt a fly and would probably try to bury a bird if it hit his windshield and died. I just have an overwhelming vibe about him that says he's not our man.

:twocents:

I have adjusted my post to reflect your preference.
However, the facts remain the same:

On the other hand, we can evaluate the facts that we do know which are: Lauren's torso was found outside at the crime scene of Barristers Hall Apts where over 200 pieces of potential evidence has been removed by LE, including a refrigerator, plus, the next door neighbor, McD has been accused/charged with 3 counts of burglary at the BH apartments AND is in jail.
Don't forget McD also had a Master Key.
Don't forget not one other name has been released as a POI.

Again, the act of murder is without logic. Therefore, we shall await the FBI forensic test results that are currently being conducted on the potential evidence taken from the BH apartments which includes plumbing drain traps, fiber, blood and fingerprints, as well as a huge refrigerator taken from the down stairs apt.

As Chief Burns said:
“We’re following where the evidence leads,” he said. “We’re tracking it down.”

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/13/1629505/police-back-inside-mcdaniels-apartment.html#ixzz1TWRD9xat

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/160061/373/Lauren-Giddings-Remains-Released-To-Family

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/09/1625474/police-hope-lab-results-from-74.html

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/135641/153/Owners-at-Giddings-Complex-Beefing-Up-Security

I don't know what to make of those statements. It makes me wonder what they could have found in McD's apartment. Are we talking chloroform or something that puts you out, meaning he came up behind her and she never regained consciousness? In order to state this, LE must have some suspicions about how she was killed.

Since everyone said there was nothing to indicate a struggle, it would have to be a method that was not messy, kwim?

She also said in the same statement something to the effect that she hoped they (the police) weren't hiding anything from her. I haven't really put much stock in the police telling her that Lauren didn't know what hit her - I think they may have just been trying to ease a suffering mother's pain.

I just wanted to clarify my post about the strange coincidence with the google search..

I didnt post it for reasons of that I believe this was how she was killed.. But rather only shared it due to the strange coincidence tbat in my taking the following words that have been mentioned by Lauren's family and typed this exact sequence into the google search box:
Murder method that would be quickest and most painless

Again I typed these words due to the family's comments alluding to her death possibly quick and she didn't know what hit her.. And that possibly quick and painless..

And as a result IMO I thought it a very strange coincidence that the wiki-decapatation web address is what popped up as being one of the most quick and painless deaths..

As I posted this was just a strange happenstance given we know that she was infact decapitated..

It is not my opinion that this is what happened and what was her quick and painless death but rather nothing more than a strange coincidence that I shared..

Am sorry if I didn't reiterate that enough in the original post what was my reason for sharing it and that it wasn't my personal opinion of what actually occurred.. Just one of those things that makes you hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused with my earlier post just thought I'd share the strange happenstance..

She also said in the same statement something to the effect that she hoped they (the police) weren't hiding anything from her. I haven't really put much stock in the police telling her that Lauren didn't know what hit her - I think they may have just been trying to ease a suffering mother's pain.

Good point, I certainly don't envy Chief Burns. That has got to be the toughest thing in the universe to tell a parent.

Many members feel McD is innocent (speaking opinions here, not proven facts-we have none). It's my opinion that he did murder and dismember Lauren. I am basing this on what we know about the circumstances surrounding Lauren's death, the actions of LE to date and what my gut says.

Good point, I certainly don't envy Chief Burns. That has got to be the toughest thing in the universe to tell a parent.

Many members feel McD is innocent (speaking opinions here, not proven facts-we have none). It's my opinion that he did murder and dismember Lauren. I am basing this on what we know about the circumstances surrounding Lauren's death, the actions of LE to date and what my gut says.

Since we're talking pure opinion, I'll add my agreement to yours, Knox. I'd say the odds are that it was a sexual assault and killing, followed by dismemberment to try to hide the body and pass it off as a terminally missing person. "She was just gone!"

I would add to 1) known circumstances surrounding LG's death, 2) actions of LE to date, and 3) what my gut says (same as yours), a 4th reason for my opinion (JMO) is SMD's behavior from Wednesday night's search party through his arrest. That's a key reason why my gut is rumbling.

Great post! I am familiar with people with differences and have wondered myself if SMD has Asperger's. I have a relative with Asperger's Syndrome, which is on the spectrum of Autism, but this relative is NOT violent due to this, he's harmless, totally and completely. Drives the speed limit, very matter of fact, tender hearted to the point of getting a bit teary eyed if someone raises their voice at him. Not coordinated enough to ride a bike and most describe him as "quirky" and "different." Yep, sure is, but he's not a killer or a bad guy. He's just not made up of judgemental junk and deceptive ideas and practices like many people are. He's very black and white, very literal and if you tell him to break a leg, he didnt always know that also meant, "do a great job!" I saw a lot of similarities between him and SMD as far as mannerisms and I picked up on a quirkiness that was familiar to me. It doesn't mean SMD has Asperger's, it just means that my relative is similar in his behavior. He is also a gamer, he went through a long hair phase, wore all black, etc. However, a killer it sure does not make!!!!!

I also speculated about Asperger's, either early in this thread or late in the previous one. Think it could be so.

All I'm saying is he might be innocent. They might be keeping him in jail for his protection as much as anything else. jmo

If it turns out that he did commit this heinous crime, I'll stand humbly before everyone, red faced and abashed.

I'll stand with you JeannieC. Though from time to time I theorize about this crime with SM as the perp, I am not by any means completely convinced that he is.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/howard/news/crime/ph-ho-cf-giddings-funeral-0804-20110729,0,7148879.story
Earlier this month, police sent some pieces of evidenced gathered from McDaniel's apartment to an FBI lab for forensic testing. Additionally, police say they found a master key to the apartment complex in his apartment.

Is this the first newspaper story [in the Baltimore Sun] attributing the master key allegation to the MPD, rather than to Mrs. Spencer, the downstairs neighbor? The original Macon Telegraph story originally attributed the master key story to Mrs. Spencer who reportedly said that a police officer told her the master key he was trying in her lock (it worked) was found in SMD's apartment. Did I just miss the official statement from Burns & MPD?

I'm confused -- because Harry Potter just posted that angelaanalyzes posted the emails?? So is there a link to them we all can access now? Not wanting to run afoul either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieC
All I'm saying is he might be innocent. They might be keeping him in jail for his protection as much as anything else. jmo

If it turns out that he did commit this heinous crime, I'll stand humbly before everyone, red faced and abashed.

I'll stand with you JeannieC. Though from time to time I theorize about this crime with SM as the perp, I am not by any means completely convinced that he is.

Protect him from what? Taking the bar exam and getting on with his life? I think not. There have been no threats made against him. If he hadn't been arrested and named a person of interest in this case, no one would be paying a bit of attention to McD. There's a reason why he's in custody, even if its just on 2 old burglary charges (for the time being)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieC

Protect him from what? Taking the bar exam and getting on with his life? I think not. There have been no threats made against him. If he hadn't been arrested and named a person of interest in this case, no one would be paying a bit of attention to McD. There's a reason why he's in custody, even if its just on 2 old burglary charges (for the time being)

in reference to the part I bolded:
Well, not that we know of, anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members