GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned before that SMD might be a survivalist. Stockpiling water could be chalked up to that. My husband is into all that survivalist stuff and does the same thing. We have about 30 gallon jugs stockpiled (which drives me nuts but that's a different story :) ).

Downtown Macon was without water around June 21st. Many people in Macon were stockpiling water at this time. This event was the first thing to come to my mind when I read he had so much water stored. I had several friends calling to warn me to stockpile because no one was sure when the water situation would return to normal.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...Causes-Water-Shortage-in-Macon-124315589.html

Power Outage Leads to Water Shortage in Macon
Kendall Herold

Story Created: Jun 21, 2011 at 5:50 PM EDT

(Story Updated: Jun 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM EDT )

A power outage at the Macon Water Authority's Water Treatment Plant left many Macon residents without water Tuesday evening.

According to Tony Rojas with the Macon Water Authority, there was a failure with the equipment at the plant around 5 p.m. causing the water pumps to shut down.

Rojas says the Water Authority operated those pumps manually and worked to pump water back into the distribution system. Water service was being restored to those impacted by the outage later Tuesday evening.

Areas impacted included the downtown Macon area, Vineville Avenue, Payne City and Ingleside Avenue.

The Water Authority is asking everyone to conserve water use for the evening and stop all outdoor water use for the rest of the night. Rojas says this will help to get the water pressures back to normal.

I suspect they went through all their evidence and filed for the warrant
with the minimal amount they felt they could get the warrant issued with,
so as to continue not to show their cards until they absolutely have to.
This is where all the stall tactics really come into play.
Now, the FBI/GBI labs need to process as much as they can before the
DA has to provide Buford with the evidence they'll present at the commitment hearing
At least, this is how I'm understanding this works. :)
Not sure how far in advance they have to do this.

While I agree with the first part of your post, that MPD stated the minimum amount of evidence in the warrant to justify an arrest, it really doesn't take much evidence at all to show probable cause. Also, the DA doesn't have to provide Buford with anything before the commitment hearing. The evidence unfolds during the hearing, not before. There is no right to discovery before a commitment hearing.

There has been much speculation about why classmates of LG and SM have remained quiet about this murder. Last night on the 10 o'clock news, bits of a letter were shown that Mercer administration sent out to students asking them to please not comment about what has happened. I can't find the link to the footage or I would post it.

I watched the video of Ms McDaniel. I feel so sad for her.

Absolutely, unequivocally, his mother will believe in his innocence until her dying day.
No matter what the evidence or proof she will look at him and he will say, "Mama, I did not do it.'
That is all she will need to believe he is innocent,
She will never accept it. IMO

This is what I wrote yesterday when she was heavy on my mind and heart:
And then there is Stephen’s poor heartbroken Mother.
She will never believe the son she adores, her handsome young 'lawyer - son', could do this regardless of what evidence and proof is shown to her. She will always be convinced that this was a ‘set up’, some sort of bad mistake, a mix up, and that her son is completely innocent. Maybe the rest of his family, in time, can come to the truth, but I seriously doubt his Mother ever will.

Even many that knew him from home didn't suspect this. Weird but not violent. That poor woman! The dad! It's just so sad. I really feel for them too. Let's not forget Lauren's family too!

Missinglovedones,
Thanks for your input. We definitely need people like you to see things from a wide angle lens. It is a great quality that you have.
I can understand the points you present ^above^.
However, I am much more cut and dry.
I think the whole presentation of the Maintenance Man on the balcony is a complete lie: Part 2, which followed Part 1: "Missing Person".

Today's article states that a HACKSAW WITH LAUREN'S DNA has been found in the BH apts and the packaging for it inside McDs apt.
That say a lot to me.
I am sure you can think of various reasons and scenarios for why the LG DNA hacksaw has nothing to do with McD, but I think it has everything to do with him.

I fear we are going to hear a lot more details about this case that are going to be very bad things.
Again, we are only sharing our opinions.
Thanks.

How obvious is this packaging?? It's not just cardboard......it has the item information on it.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/36050-...0+Hacksaw+Frame&lpf=0&lpq=hacksaw&FORM=CMSMEE

While I agree with the first part of your post, that MPD stated the minimum amount of evidence in the warrant to justify an arrest, it really doesn't take much evidence at all to show probable cause. Also, the DA doesn't have to provide Buford with anything before the commitment hearing. The evidence unfolds during the hearing, not before. There is no right to discovery before a commitment hearing.
Thanks.
After a little more research, I see that at this commitment hearing,
the DA really only has to show probable cause that he committed the crime.
So... this hearing is basically to allow the defense to dispute that there is probable cause.

The DA may simply present the same thing they used to get the warrant,
or they may introduce some additional evidence.
Then, the defense can dispute this, possibly producing their own evidence.

I think I got it now :)

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to legal proceeding/process, since I've never had to deal with any. Guess that's a good thing :)
It's interesting learning about it though.

You'd think he would have bought anything that was to be used for this with cash.
Maybe surveillance video shows it?

Didn't we read that "camping supplies" were purchased at walmart and were in his apt unopened? Must've been a recent purchase though, to still have the packaging to the hacksaw in his apt...

Good post Smooth.
I agree with your position. However, in order for Stephen's parents to say ^this^ to him, they would have to actually consider that HE COMMITTED this crime. I think that even the possibility is completely remote to their thinking. This crime is difficult for me (us) to wrap our minds around and we are looking at McD and the crime from a vast distance; we do not even know him. I cannot understand or imagine the hows or whys of the crime events actually happening. Sure, I can SAY what I think happened, but when I look at the photographs of this young man and the future he had and all that he had going for him, it is extremely difficult, surreal for me to imagine him actually killing and cutting up another human.

In other words, IMO, if it is this difficult for me, a stranger to McD, then how on God's green earth could his parents who raised him, watched him sing in the choir, attended his law school graduation EVER come to even the POSSIBILITY that their loving son could be guilty of this crime.
I do not see it happening.

Had LG been just burglarized by SMcD, she might....... but the mom said it on the interview''''''''"dont' believe a christian could cut up someone's body"""""""""

Bottom line.............they dont' see their child cutting up someone's body. Maybe something less offensive, possibly.

That's what is keeping her in denial. We should remember this poor woman because if she ever does come to terms with the truth, she may not be able to handle it or LIVE WITH IT. I'd rather her be in denial for her sake.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28750291/detail.html

This has credibility.
McDaniel may have disclosed this to investigators when they spoke to him that morning and told him NOT to mention this to anyone because of the ongoing investigation. It should be considered that McDaniel did as he was asked and did NOT disclose the info to the MEDIA for a very good reason. Then he was arrested, got an attorney.

Imo,there has been no mention of this because he has an attorney and he was not arrested for murder at that point. No reason to say a thing to the public, but he has now been charged. This is now the time to defend him. Prior to this, he wasn't even accused.

That has no credibility.

No police officer in their right mind is going to ask a POI that is plainly in unofficial custody for the murder to withhold from the media evidence of the "real killer."

Also if somehow a police officer did ask that, McD would have been the world's biggest fool to listen. Not to mention, McD should have realized lying on a tv interview -- even if some crazy police officer allegedly asked him to -- would have been a supremely dumb move.

The evidence at this point is overwhelming that McD was involved. All that's left to determine is the exact sequence of events that went down. But there is no viable explanation for Lauren's death that does not involve him taking part in the disposal of the body.

that has no credibility.

No police officer in their right mind is going to ask a poi that is plainly in unofficial custody for the murder to withhold from the media evidence of the "real killer."

also if somehow a police officer did ask that, mcd would have been the world's biggest fool to listen. Not to mention, mcd should have realized lying on a tv interview -- even if some crazy police officer allegedly asked him to -- would have been a supremely dumb move.

The evidence at this point is overwhelming that mcd was involved. All that's left to determine is the exact sequence of events that went down. But there is no viable explanation for lauren's death that does not involve him taking part in the disposal of the body.

Thank you, Hyrax.

Good post with logical points.

At this juncture, I disqualify for the jury.
I think he is guilty.

The hacksaw with Lauren's DNA on it inside the Barristers Hall Apts for me is the same impact as
in the interview when McD replied,

"BODY?"

IMO

they found a hacksaw?

Or could they (the bottles of water) have been frozen and used to keep something cold that may have been in a bathtub? Just a thought.

i was reading what the landlord said, and im calling bs she claims lauren called daniel weird. but i get the feeling lauren was way to sweet and mature to call someone she barely knew weird.

it's like she only wants attention or something. which is disgusting. i mean i understand she may have something helpful to lend to the case, but making stuff up isnt helpful, and i dont believe anything she says.

That has no credibility.

No police officer in their right mind is going to ask a POI that is plainly in unofficial custody for the murder to withhold from the media evidence of the "real killer."

Also if somehow a police officer did ask that, McD would have been the world's biggest fool to listen. Not to mention, McD should have realized lying on a tv interview -- even if some crazy police officer allegedly asked him to -- would have been a supremely dumb move.

The evidence at this point is overwhelming that McD was involved. All that's left to determine is the exact sequence of events that went down. But there is no viable explanation for Lauren's death that does not involve him taking part in the disposal of the body.
If he's innocent, he should not have felt a need to defend himself on camera in that early interview. In fact, he would have looked more suspicious in my book if he'd implicated this other person.

If he's innocent, knowing he had information about a possible suspect, it's more reason why he should have, and I believe would have, excused himself from the interview. IMHO

I do agree that at this point, the evidence against him is strong.

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/56231-landlord-giddings-said-mcdaniel-nice-weird

snipped
"The bathroom has a ceramic tub, and a series of scratches about a foot long were visible on the outer edge."

so im guessing the scratches would be from the saw making contact with the tub while the body was being cut up?

snipped
"Police have made no statements to suggest they are relevant to the investigation, but our reporter said the markings seemed out of place in a bathroom."

i dont think they have to say they are relevant to the investigation, i mean what else would the scratches be from?!?!

Thanks to all who replied about the particular photo of SM.. I had to take a double take as well justiceforlauren at that one photo of the entire slideshow.. I stared at it very hard trying to find what was making me see almost a smirk, a self contained smirk, almost smug.. It stood out to me because that is not seen in any other photo or video that i have seen of SM.. That is why I wanted to just post and and ask without pointing to anything at all what were ppls opinions of his expression.. I wanted to make sure that it was what I was seeing.. So thank you to you all who gave their opinions.. As I said there is no right or wrong each has their own individual opinion.. Angelanalyzes I can see exactly what u mean by that the smugness could indeed be indicative of this facade that he is putting on..

Now that we know he's going to not only claim innocence but blame another person, his expressions make even more sense. He is going to be self-righteous, the self-righteous, unjustly maligned "eccentric" who is being targeted because he's "different" and people are just too small-minded to understand him. He's probably gonna play up the Christian thing too imo.

I'm glad McDaniel decided to chime in with a "real killer" theory, I bet it is going to prompt police to continue to release more information strategically to discredit that idea for PR purposes/to calm the public down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee