GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BB seems to be one of those people who lack a filter when they speak. I think she did ask Lauren what she thought of McD and she may indeed have said that. I can see it being a casual offhanded reply.

That said, I don't agree with BB sharing that info with the media, it's tasteless really. But what's new? All JMPOO.

she claims to have asked her that when she moved in, from what i gather stephen and lauren moved in at roughly the same time...
so idk why the land lord would ask her that or how either of them could conclude he was weird...
so i think she's lying for attention.

that's just mho :)

This is pure speculation, but Wondergirl has me thinking now. Maybe having Lauren appear to be a mysteriously vanished person was just the first part of his plan, such as it was. McD had to realize eventually -- within a couple weeks, at the very most -- it would be assumed Lauren was a murder victim, not just a missing person. So then a closer examination for any clue as to her killer would begin.

A few weeks later on, an investigator looking into Lauren's disappearance would certainly note the coincidence of the maintenance man leaving his job at roughly the same time she went missing. Then maybe they would start inspecting areas the maintenance man had access to, just to see what they could find. Anything remotely suspicious would have been examined -- likely including a hacksaw. If Lauren had been gone with no trace for two or three weeks, and then a hacksaw with Lauren's DNA on it turns up in the shed, things would not have been looking very good at all for that maintenance man.

I had been assuming all along Stephen was acting out of desperation, that the killing happened in some horrible moment of unexpected opportunity, and then he frantically did whatever he could to cover it up and just make it go away. I still sort of think that's the case, mostly. But... maybe not. Maybe it was more malicious and less out of desperation than I wanted to believe.

So the warrants been released to the public. I wonder how long til we're able to view it in a PDF file.. Media always attempts to keep it for a while, so that the public is dependent to read drips and dribbles of it as they choose to release them.. Then finally once PDF becomes public no longer do they have to Be depended on to release little bits at a time..

Atleast that's how I've seen it work in other cases unfortunately..

The attempt by SM to set-up the Maintenance Person as the perp has big time authenticity, IMO.

If ture, it reveals not only a sadistic monster, but one who was cunning and evil to an extreme that we don't even really want to speculate on.

I bet there is alot more on this subject, and this is just the tip of the iceburg.

After his Mother's statement " a Christian could not cut up a person's body" and the apocalypse mentioned above.

I wonder if McD's belief system has short circuited somewhere in his life?

I think it may have just as much to do with his fixation on zombies/fantasy/gaming, honestly, but I'd be willing to bet he was a fan of the "Left Behind" book series.

I can't get over the article that mentions that "[t]he bathroom has a ceramic tub, and a series of scratches about a foot long were visible on the outer edge."

I don't know why, out of everything, that is what is sticking with me, but I am having a hard time focusing today. The hacksaw doesn't phase me, and the BS about the "real killer" just pisses me off. But those kitchen cutting board lines...

I guess it's that her dismemberment is no longer just some abstract concept, something that happened but is mentally disconnected from reality. But having an idea of the place, and the method, and where she was and how it was accomplished, someone kneeling by the bathtub with her there and long deep cuts gashing the ceramic, just all of it combining into a very vivid and sickening picture.

I'm sorry, I am aware of how completely morbid I'm being now. I'm just having trouble shaking it.

I wanted to point out that a series of scratches about a foot long on the outer edge of a ceramic tub
that were the type of scratches that one would expect to see on a kitchen cutting board
would most likely not come from a hacksaw.

For one, these scratches must have been length-wise along the edge.
Most hacksaws won't cut down flush to a surface like that.
(If you've ever used one, you know what I mean.)
Also, the scratches made by such a blade would not appear like those on a cutting board.
They would be much rougher, especially if even slight pressure was being applied.

He was apparently using another knife to cut/slice something there.

The attempt by SM to set-up the Maintenance Person as the perp has big time authenticity, IMO.

If true, it reveals not only a sadistic monster, but one who was cunning and evil to an extreme that we don't even really want to speculate on.

I bet there is alot more on this subject, and this is just the tip of the iceburg.

I will feel much better about McD being 100% guilty once this MM has been cleared(and we've been made privy to that info).

Following up on what SuperSleuth said above:

This is going to sound awful, but if you're butchering a large game carcass, you need both the saw and a sharp bladed knife, for different parts of the process.

And there are parts of the process where long deep cuts would be made.

... I am going to stop thinking about this now.

WMAZ has new info from the warrants. The question is, where exactly did SM "comment" that he could commit a murder similar to LG's?

Depending on where this information was said or written, it could be extremely damning against him, IMO.

They say that the hacksaw was found in a locked storage compartment at the apartment complex.

The warrant ... says McDaniel "has previously commented that he could commit murder and provided details of methods to avoid detection which are similar to the facts and circumstances surrounding the killing of Lauren Giddings."

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/breaking/article/138592/4/McDaniel-Murder-Charge-Warrant-Cites-Hacksaw

Now we're getting somewhere...
I bet they got some info back from the GBI off his computer.

WMAZ has new info from the warrants. The question is, where exactly did SM "comment" that he could commit a murder similar to LG's?

Depending on where this information was said or written, it could be extremely damning against him, IMO.

They say that the hacksaw was found in a locked storage compartment at the apartment complex.

I have my degree in accounting. One of my accounting classes was auditing. During that class, we were taught to try to think like someone who wants to get away with hiding/stealing money.

My thought is that possibly SM made this comment during one of his law classes. They are likely taught to think like a criminal. They are shown examples of cases. He may have made this comment during a class saying that some criminals are stupid, but I could pull of a murder and get away with it. He may tout himself as smarter than the average person - or average criminal.

Just a guess of course! ;)

RUMOR--RUMOR(I think that is how it is done)

I think we will soon hear about some unexplainable scratches on SM side or torso, just my belief.

I'm not taking the scratch marks on the tub too seriously just yet. On July 29th a Telegraph photographer and reporter were in Lauren's apartment with BB, and they didn't report any scratches on the tub. The reporter interviewed BB while she was sitting on that tub and the photographer took pictures of that tub. But the scratches weren't mentioned in their article.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/31/1649731/giddings-case-apartments-gradually.html
It's possible that the scratches are a result of using something abrasive to try to clean all the print powder off the tub in the 3 to 4 days between the Telegraphs article and 13WMAZ's. Also the report that mentions the scratches doesn't attribute the observation to anyone except their own reporter.

Wasnt there a picture of a plumber sitting on the edge of the tub while working on it or the drain?

Wasnt there a picture of a plumber sitting on the edge of the tub while working on it or the drain?

There is here but he's sitting on the tub in McD's apartment. In the other photos available from that same page there is a pitcure of just a tub with finger print powder all over it that's from Lauren's apartment

I'm not taking the scratch marks on the tub too seriously just yet. On July 29th a Telegraph photographer and reporter were in Lauren's apartment with BB, and they didn't report any scratches on the tub. The reporter interviewed BB while she was sitting on that tub and the photographer took pictures of that tub. But the scratches weren't mentioned in their article.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/31/1649731/giddings-case-apartments-gradually.html
It's possible that the scratches are a result of using something abrasive to try to clean all the print powder off the tub in the 3 to 4 days between the Telegraphs article and 13WMAZ's. Also the report that mentions the scratches doesn't attribute the observation to anyone except their own reporter.
The scratches I'm thinking she's describing would probably not be that noticeable unless you were looking closely anyway.
In any case, they are pretty irrelevant.

OT a little but i just realized something coincidental....
I have followed the cases of:

1. Jodi Huisentruit
2. Lauren Giddings
3. Lauren Spierer
4. Maura Murray
5. Brittanee Drexel

It seems all 5 of them have some serious movements/developments happening now...

I wonder if there is something cosmically to explain that? (i SOO miss the forensic astrology forum)

Not that this gives any credence to the importance of the scratch marks, but LE is in the process of removing the tub from LG's apartment...

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/04/1654978/workers-removing-tub-from-giddings.html

Figured now is as good a time as any to jump in on the discussion! I have been following the discussion for a while.

Welcome, fellow newbie.

I wonder if it is the LE that is having the tub removed... or if it's being removed by Bush because no one is ever going to want to take a bath in that thing ever again, if it turns out that's what it was used for. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli