GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, fellow newbie.

I wonder if it the LE that is having the tub removed... or if it's being removed by Bush because no one is ever going to want to take a bath in that thing ever again, if it turns out that's what it was used for. :(

The article does say "workers" are removing the tub, not LE. Hmm... I'm back to thinking the scratches are irrelevant and maybe a result of cleaning. If LE thought the scratches were important wouldn't they have taken the tube a long time ago?

The article does say "workers" are removing the tub, not LE. Hmm... I'm back to thinking the scratches are irrelevant and maybe a result of cleaning. If LE thought the scratches were important wouldn't they have taken the tube a long time ago?
Could be. But why would they mention LE removing items in the previous sentence?
Kinda vague, isn't it... would be interesting to know.
Perhaps no one thought about it until that reporter mentioned them?

sm looks very scrawny to me, he seems to lack any muscle, so i doubt he could have lifted lauren, since they were about the same height and she was an athlete.
so maybe he subdued her while she was bathing??? it seems like that would have been the only way to get her in the tub. even if she was unconscious or dead. (maybe that adds more weight to the whole MM story, but idk...)

since the murder most likely happened in her apartment, i think it all took place in the bathroom, because when i saw the photos of laurens apartment after csi had been in i didnt see any blood anywhere ...and the only way to get her to the tub would have been in pieces (sorry) which would involve getting blood everywhere.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649794_a1649729/barristers-hall-getting-ready.html

the whole "Maintenance Person" theory...
well i was wondering what he would come up with. i guess with him being a law student i wouldn't expect any less from him...
i just don't know. i think the way he acted on the video makes him look more guilty that any evidence they have...

I will feel much better about McD being 100% guilty once this MM has been cleared(and we've been made privy to that info).

I have confidence in LE, and feel that the charges against SM are justified, he will have his day in court, the truth will come out, and justice will be served.

I have been thinking about SM this morning and how many folks here and elsewhere found it difficult to believe he would be involved in this crime (prior to charges, not sure how people feel now so much.) I am wondering if it is because in this day and age, many of us know someone, or have a relative who would fit into a "catagory" of sorts as being "unusual" in one way or another, whether through a diagnosed condition or a personality quirk and/or hobbies, and we like to think that does not mean they are more prone to any untoward acts...and generally, they probably are not. (I have a mentally ill brother, before anyone jumps on me, but he is also agoraphobic and has not left the house in many years, so I would feel pretty safe in believing he won't hurt anyone...)

Just an observation, it seemed to me that many people were in a kind of "protective" mode regarding SM this past month. But sometimes the guy who is "different" or "unusual" is also the guy who commits horrible crimes. JMO

Could be. But why would they mention LE removing items in the previous sentence?
Kinda vague, isn't it... would be interesting to know.
Perhaps no one thought about it until that reporter mentioned them?

It is vague and somewhat contradictory too. Previous articles refer to the tub as ceramic (and that's what the photos look like) but this article calls it a cast-iron tub.

This "new" information about Lauren's bathtub is disturbing.

If SM killed LG in her apartment, and dismembered her in her own tub :( , then he really was bold in his crime, because, how could he possibly have known that none of her friends would come by that night/day?

If this is actually what happened to LG, then, to me, it indicates the crime was done in the early morning hours of the 26th of June. An extended stay in her apartment any longer than that would have proven extremely risky, IMO.

But, if the TOD was June 26th, in her apartment, then SM would have had to move her downstairs to the fridge (if that's what happened), at some point, presumably immediately.

He would have had to transport her in something. Did he already have the bags? Whose bags did he use? It is likely that the garbage bags were used, because they could be easily explained if he was seen by anyone.

I am willing to bet the this Maintenance person that SM is accusing of LG's murder, had quite a bit of work to do in the vacated apartment where the fridge was taken from.

Diabolical.

It is vague and somewhat contradictory too. Previous articles refer to the tub as ceramic (and that's what the photos look like) but this article calls it a cast-iron tub.
Well, it's probably cast iron with a porcelain finish.

Welcome, fellow newbie.

I wonder if it is the LE that is having the tub removed... or if it's being removed by Bush because no one is ever going to want to take a bath in that thing ever again, if it turns out that's what it was used for. :(

If the tub is truly one of the older cast iron tubs, that sucker weighs a lot. It would not be easily removed. LE would probably have to have someone outside of law enforcement do this and quite a few people to carry it. This would be done under LE supervision of course. Also, the article said city workers would finish the job. I have personal experience with a cast iron tub at my grandparents' house.I remember the floor under the tub was reinforced due to its weight.

Very hard to remove, very heavy, atleast 3 big guys to remove those things........... but I would have it removed. Scratches or no, there was blood in the drain, she either died or was dismembered in that tub. No reason to keep that morbid piece of real estate. Horrific to think about it. I don't know how Ms Boni is staying there having known her! i know she must though, for now

Right Bessie.
They may have visited. I was basing my guess on the articles I read that implied he had the opportunity to call his parents and he only called his attorney. That was during his incarceration from July 1 onwards. Maybe he has changed his approach now that he has changed his story about the real killer: MM.

Sorry if someone previously replied to this, but yes, I've read in news articles that his parents have visited him in the jail more than once. They are in deep pain, as can be imagined. I believe the familial ties are most definitely still intact. They love him. He's their son. They know him, they believe in him, as do many others which have stated that as quirky as some may perceive him, he's completely harmless and is NOT capable of this in any shape, form or fashion.

I honestly believe the family of Stephen are completely and utterly as broken as they can be over the horrendous events that have unfolded with Lauren and their son. They grieve for the loss of their son's friend who was kind to him, a beautiful happy spirit, and they grieve for the inability to bring Stephen home and are lost in confusion about what is going on! I honestly believe in my heart, gut, sense of all senses, that Stephen is confused, as well. I don't think things are right here. I'm not comfortable settling in to the notion that the streets are safe again in Macon, or anywhere.

And as for Boni Bush, if she insists on talking and making comments to the media, why not tell tell us something we need to know. Tell us about this maintenance man that Stephen's mother says he saw on the balcony.

I believe she knows the story.
Tell us, Bush.

Why did you terminate this maintenance man?

Did a tenant complain about him several times, then you terminated him?
Did you actually TELL him which tenant complained?
How did he handle his termination?
(Was he angry? Mention anything about payback? Anything like that?)

When did he return his master key to you? (Date/time)
How did that key make it back into your hands, or do the police have that one?

If you demanded he bring the key back to you, perhaps he did?
And he left it as a clue, on ice?

Let's talk about THAT.

Bush, if you know more than you are telling, you should keep in mind that things fall into place when people do the right thing. Do the right thing and tell us these details, including when you got that man's key back when you terminated him. OR HAVE YOU?

I don't think that key found it's way to Stephen's apartment by accident. I think it's entirely possible you pissed off the wrong man and he left a calling card for you. You may know, you may be scared, but if that's what's going on here, you should never put other tenants in danger by sitting on this.

Stop talking about what Lauren or Stephen said. They aren't here to confirm or deny your statements. Let's hear something worthwhile. For starters, how 'bout that maintenance man and the circumstances under which you terminated him?

Take it from the top.

Now we're getting somewhere...
I bet they got some info back from the GBI off his computer.

I agree.

Either posts off a website, after determining his surfing/handle history or chat conversations. MOO

Of course, the whole subject begs the question "how does it prove anything?".

People at, say for example, sleuthing websites, formulate hypothetical scenarios all day long. :innocent:

The context of the comments, in conjunction with solid evidence will tell the tale, IMO.

I agree.

Either posts off a website, after determining his surfing/handle history or chat conversations. MOO

Of course, the whole subject begs the question "how does it prove anything?".

People at, say for example, sleuthing websites, formulate hypothetical scenarios all day long. :innocent:

The context of the comments, in conjunction with solid evidence will tell the tale, IMO.

Well, well, we have a Stanley hacksaw blade package in McD's apartment, and a hacksaw recovered , and he boasted he could get away with murder.
Now we are getting somewhere indeed, but what took LE so long to charge him if they had this ?

Did a tenant complain about him several times, then you terminated him?

Did you actually TELL him which tenant complained?

If you demanded he bring the key back to you, perhaps he did?
And he left it as a clue, on ice?

I don't think that key found it's way to Stephen's apartment by accident. Stop talking about what Lauren or Stephen said. They aren't here to confirm or deny your statements. Let's hear something worthwhile. For starters, how 'bout that maintenance man and the circumstances under which you terminated him?

Take it from the top.

shortened for brevity

Wow, MLO, some seriously directed comments there.

BBM: I would like to know what you mean by "he left it as a clue, on ice".

I would also like to suggest that Stephen is indeed here to confirm or deny BB's statements. I would like to hear from him. What does HE have to say?

Who are you suggesting complained about the Maintenance Man?

What is your theory on this crime?

What are people thinking about this hacksaw packaging material?

It's difficult to comprehend that the area could have been scoured so meticulously as to make it difficult to find traces of a murder/dismemberment mere days after its occurrence... yet have the alleged killer carelessly leave something as damning as packaging material from one of the crime implements in his apartment.

What are the theories? Did he leave it there on purpose as a foil tactic, much as people believe the media interview to have been? I'm curious to know what people who believe he killed Lauren are thinking.

What are people thinking about this hacksaw packaging material?

It's difficult to comprehend that the area could have been scoured so meticulously as to make it difficult to find traces of a murder/dismemberment mere days after its occurrence... yet have the alleged killer carelessly leave something as damning as packaging material from one of the crime implements in his apartment.

What are the theories? Did he leave it there on purpose as a foil tactic, much as people believe the media interview to have been? I'm curious to know what people who believe he killed Lauren are thinking.

He made a mistake. Like so many other murderers. Footprints. DNA. Hair.

Or he was arrogant. He never considered that LE would ever look at anyone besides the MM, when they found the hacksaw locked in the compartment, and all those other things that should link the MM to LG.

snipped for brevity

Wow, MLO, some seriously directed comments there.

BBM: I would like to know what you mean by "he left it as a clue, on ice".

I would also like to suggest that Stephen is indeed here to confirm or deny BB's statements. I would like to hear from him. What does HE have to say?

Who are you suggesting complained about the Maintenance Man?

What is your theory on this crime?

Yes, what does "on ice" mean? Twice now on these boards, I have seen references here to the key being left (a) first in a refrigerator and (ii) now, "on ice".

Has there been something reported about the key that I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli