GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think is that if you are the fired maintenance worker and were going to frame McD you would leave some hacksaw packaging in his apartment after he'd been arrested for the condom thefts. If McD was going to try to pin it on the maintenance worker he'd leave the packaging in his apartment saying he is being framed by "the real killer". With all the cleaning up he did why would he be so careless to leave laying around the packaging ? Makes no sense. Is the maintenance worker our mysterious POI #2 ? Still lots of questions without answers . If Walmart video shows McD buying hacksaw, however, game over.

If Walmart video shows McD buying hacksaw, however, game over.

He could still say he bought it for some other reason and the MM stole it from his apartment. I think it would be much more incriminating if he purchased it along with other items that could have been used in the cleanup (bleach, plastic tarp, etc).

Also the time that he bought it would be important in proving whether the killing/dismemberment was premeditated or not. And, I'd be curious to see the Walmart surveillance to see what his demeanor was while he was making his purchase (in a hurry, relaxed, etc).

Regarding the motive, the odds are in favour of SM having dismembered due to rage against his victim.

Obviously, rejection could be part of that, and so could competitiveness in school. Pretty much anything is possible, as things are looking like the guy is sick, sick, sick. Diabolical.

I only hope he did not keep her alive and torture her. I hope it was quick. :(

Can anyone here verify that SM also lived in Saddle River or does he have any connection to that area?

I know that LE will be running his DNA to other crimes and specifically dismemberment victims. I do wonder if Lauren was his first victim? Did he break the pattern with her crime, because he was emotionally attached to her (as opposed to other victims he may have had?)

Extra water would be needed for the crime.
I would think LE has checked the water consumption for BH apts during Jun 25 through June 30.
Are all the apts on one bill or separate billing?
OR
Does McD drink a lot of bottled water?

I was told that McDaniel had bragged that he stockpiled supplies in case of apocalypse, like a "prepper." so my first thought was that he stockpiled water for that purpose. Hmm...

I wanted to make a point about an earlier post stating that certain posters were making statements such as seeing him strapped to a gurney with a needle in his arm.. I would like it known that this comment was not even made about SM, this comment was made the first week of the murder(yes that's how long ago), and this comment was made in response to a post that said they thought this killer who dismembered her wouldn't strike again because he'd be too busy.. Yes, strange I know "too busy" to not commit another heinous murder with dismemberment.. My comment In response said that I hoped whoever was the killer that the only thing I hoped he'd be busy with is strapped to a gurney with a needle in his arm..

So, before we let this train runaway with such wild
Accusations implying that this was stated about SM is number one that is false and that the statement has been at any point in the recent past or even in any way relevant is number two that's false..

I do not mind in the least that my opinion is different than some others, but I will not have words that were in a post of mine way back at the first week about a "killer" who wasn't even known or even thought to be twisted into that I posted anything about SM with a needle and a gurney.. It's an outright misleading statement.

I can't get over the article that mentions that "[t]he bathroom has a ceramic tub, and a series of scratches about a foot long were visible on the outer edge."

I don't know why, out of everything, that is what is sticking with me, but I am having a hard time focusing today. The hacksaw doesn't phase me, and the BS about the "real killer" just pisses me off. But those kitchen cutting board lines...

I guess it's that her dismemberment is no longer just some abstract concept, something that happened but is mentally disconnected from reality. But having an idea of the place, and the method, and where she was and how it was accomplished, someone kneeling by the bathtub with her there and long deep cuts gashing the ceramic, just all of it combining into a very vivid and sickening picture.

I'm sorry, I am aware of how completely morbid I'm being now. I'm just having trouble shaking it.

How obvious is this packaging?? It's not just cardboard......it has the item information on it.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/36050-...0+Hacksaw+Frame&lpf=0&lpq=hacksaw&FORM=CMSMEE

Exactly what I was thinking, no way they would have identified the packing material as belonging to the hacksaw unless it had some kind of item info on it/instructions/etc. They could probably retro-ID it though, if they found the hacksaw and matched it to one on the market and then identified exactly what kind of materials it was packed in.

i was reading what the landlord said, and im calling bs she claims lauren called daniel weird. but i get the feeling lauren was way to sweet and mature to call someone she barely knew weird.

What makes you get that feeling? I definitely agree that BB is inappropriate, but I don't see what is far-fetched about the idea that Lauren would make that comment in and of itself. I have heard that Lauren was a very straightforward, blunt person [but who knows] who called it like she saw it, so it doesn't seem far-fetched to me. :fence:

I can't get over the article that mentions that "[t]he bathroom has a ceramic tub, and a series of scratches about a foot long were visible on the outer edge."

I don't know why, out of everything, that is what is sticking with me, but I am having a hard time focusing today. The hacksaw doesn't phase me, and the BS about the "real killer" just pisses me off. But those kitchen cutting board lines...

I guess it's that her dismemberment is no longer just some abstract concept, something that happened but is mentally disconnected from reality. But having an idea of the place, and the method, and where she was and how it was accomplished, someone kneeling by the bathtub with her there and long deep cuts gashing the ceramic, just all of it combining into a very vivid and sickening picture.

I'm sorry, I am aware of how completely morbid I'm being now. I'm just having trouble shaking it.

I'm with you. The sounds I imagine the saw made as it dug into the ceramic just keep clawing my brain :(

I feel the same way. I looked back at the pic of her tub and it just makes me so sad. All the graphite all over her bathroom door does too - much more on that door than any other door I could see. How very sad. Poor Lauren.

Interesting that the bit about a hack saw has come to light. I heard about that a couple of weeks ago but didn't post because of it being just a rumor. I did hear that police found it in a storage room in the complex but it was also told to me that Stephen's key didn't unlock that door to the room (but that might have been an assumption). I guess he would have put it there to try and implicate this "maintenance person" or someone else who would have had access to the room. But I think the packaging being found in his place is pretty telling...to seemingly do a good job of cleaning up but forget to throw away the packaging was pretty dumb!

I really do believe that people are innocent until proven guilty at trial but with this coming out and now hearing that he suddenly remembers seeing a shady character who he "knows" is the killer....my neutrality for you is starting to tip the other way.

While I agree with the first part of your post, that MPD stated the minimum amount of evidence in the warrant to justify an arrest, it really doesn't take much evidence at all to show probable cause. Also, the DA doesn't have to provide Buford with anything before the commitment hearing. The evidence unfolds during the hearing, not before. There is no right to discovery before a commitment hearing.

Thank you CM.

Will the media be allowed to attend the commitment hearing? Hence we will know what the discovery/evidence against McD consists of.

Does the DA tip his hand completely at this hearing or are some things reserved or even disclosed as the evidence comes back from the lab?

Do I understand correctly that this hearing is the first step towards gaining an indictment from the grand jury?

Still on my first cup of coffee this morning and catching up
icon11.gif

Just waiting for the Walmart video...or copy of the receipt...Walmart seems to figure into so many crimes and leads LE right back to the source of the equipment needed to murder, and/or cover up a murder...I think that will remove any doubt about the MM, at least for me...

Interesting that the bit about a hack saw has come to light. I heard about that a couple of weeks ago but didn't post because of it being just a rumor. I did hear that police found it in a storage room in the complex but it was also told to me that Stephen's key didn't unlock that door to the room (but that might have been an assumption). I guess he would have put it there to try and implicate this "maintenance person" or someone else who would have had access to the room. But I think the packaging being found in his place is pretty telling...to seemingly do a good job of cleaning up but forget to throw away the packaging was pretty dumb!

I really do believe that people are innocent until proven guilty at trial but with this coming out and now hearing that he suddenly remembers seeing a shady character who he "knows" is the killer....my neutrality for you is starting to tip the other way.

Hmm.

I wondered what was found in the laundry room? That was just released in MSM this week.

It's possible that a big part of SM's plan was to set-up the maintenance person.

That is exactly what happened in the case of former Col. Russell Williams. He deliberately tried to set everything up so his neighbour took the blame. That is indeed what ended up happening, his neighbour was indeed under extreme suspicion for RW's heinous crimes.

Obviously it would all be a game for the perp, if this was the case.

It is not at all out of the realm of possibility. I am sure we will hear more.

BBM: Me too. :furious:

i was reading what the landlord said, and im calling bs she claims lauren called daniel weird. but i get the feeling lauren was way to sweet and mature to call someone she barely knew weird.

it's like she only wants attention or something. which is disgusting. i mean i understand she may have something helpful to lend to the case, but making stuff up isnt helpful, and i dont believe anything she says.

BB seems to be one of those people who lack a filter when they speak. I think she did ask Lauren what she thought of McD and she may indeed have said that. I can see it being a casual offhanded reply.

That said, I don't agree with BB sharing that info with the media, it's tasteless really. But what's new? All JMPOO.

WMAZ has new info from the warrants. The question is, where exactly did SM "comment" that he could commit a murder similar to LG's?

Depending on where this information was said or written, it could be extremely damning against him, IMO.

They say that the hacksaw was found in a locked storage compartment at the apartment complex.

The warrant said McDaniel "has previously commented that he could commit murder and provided details of methods to avoid detection which are similar to the facts and circumstances surrounding the killing of Lauren Giddings."

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/breaking/article/138592/4/McDaniel-Murder-Charge-Warrant-Cites-Hacksaw

I was told that McDaniel had bragged that he stockpiled supplies in case of apocalypse, like a "prepper." so my first thought was that he stockpiled water for that purpose. Hmm...

After his Mother's statement " a Christian could not cut up a person's body" and the apocalypse mentioned above.

I wonder if McD's belief system has short circuited somewhere in his life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee