GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you imagine going away for a week on vacation, and having your crazy upstairs neighbor use a master key, so he can come into your place, and use it to hacksaw your friend apart, and put her torso in your refrigerator.

I do not think anyone has said LE, GBI, or FBI have done anything wrong. That is reaching from all the stuff I have read here. While I do not agree they have a rock solid case based on what information has been released or rumors someone is getting from somebody faceless and nameless, it does not mean I think McD is innocent. It does not mean I do not think the possibility that the information will eventually be connected to him.

However, I am able to think outside of the box. I can see other options. Just because there are other options, it does not mean I am yelling "false arrest" or trying to prove LE wrong. I am simply using my ability to see beyond the little bit of info we have had verified (not rumor-fied). You found a statement saying the hacksaw matched the packaging. The statements I had seen earlier (several of them) stated it was the same brand, but had not been determined to be from the same hacksaw. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. How the packaging was found, considering the possibility he did actually get rid of the saw (not a fact, but we have no fact saying he didn't), is important. If it looks like he just opened the package and tossed the wrapper, then it looks worse than if he folded it up 4 months ago and stuck under a table leg to keep it from wobbling. So, I am curious.

Obviously, that is ticking some people off. I really don't know why. I thought the idea was to share and discuss possible scenarios. Makes me really sad to see people getting all bent out of shape because I won't conform to their view. I have not said McD is innocent. It is not looking like he is, but I think it is helpful to still look at other options. It helps nail down why it must be him just as much as it could nail down why it couldn't be him. I have seen a few openminded posts. I think they developed this site to facilitate open discussion.

I do have a vested interest in making sure it is McD or not. My own child lives in that very area. She was living next door to this complex. So, yeah, I am nervous. I want to make sure they have looked under every single rock and not missed anyone lurking about. And until I know they haven't missed anyone, I will keep questioning and looking and dissecting information.

:fight:

Not meaning to interrupt any discussions going on right now, but did anyone else catch this (near the bottom of this article)? Does this mean Boni Bush may have inadvertently put the torso in the trash? Was she cleaning out Apt. #1? She wouldn't have been taking out trash from any other apt., would she??

http://georgiaslate.com/blog/macon-news/hacksaw-linked-to-mcdaniel-in-giddings-case-warrant-says

Bush said she can remember throwing something in the trash can June 29, the day before Lauren Giddings’ torso was discovered, bundled in plastic, in the roll-away bin beside apartment No. 1.
Bush said she didn’t smell any foul odors.

I doubt BB picked up the torso , would be too heavy

Mercer has their money. Those loans are owned by the US government, meaning all of us that pay taxes will be repaying them.
I also read earlier he had a full academic scholarship. Such a waste all the way around, makes you really sad.

I do not think anyone has said LE, GBI, or FBI have done anything wrong. That is reaching from all the stuff I have read here. While I do not agree they have a rock solid case based on what information has been released or rumors someone is getting from somebody faceless and nameless, it does not mean I think McD is innocent. It does not mean I do not think the possibility that the information will eventually be connected to him.

However, I am able to think outside of the box. I can see other options. Just because there are other options, it does not mean I am yelling "false arrest" or trying to prove LE wrong. I am simply using my ability to see beyond the little bit of info we have had verified (not rumor-fied). You found a statement saying the hacksaw matched the packaging. The statements I had seen earlier (several of them) stated it was the same brand, but had not been determined to be from the same hacksaw. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. How the packaging was found, considering the possibility he did actually get rid of the saw (not a fact, but we have no fact saying he didn't), is important. If it looks like he just opened the package and tossed the wrapper, then it looks worse than if he folded it up 4 months ago and stuck under a table leg to keep it from wobbling. So, I am curious.

Obviously, that is ticking some people off. I really don't know why. I thought the idea was to share and discuss possible scenarios. Makes me really sad to see people getting all bent out of shape because I won't conform to their view. I have not said McD is innocent. It is not looking like he is, but I think it is helpful to still look at other options. It helps nail down why it must be him just as much as it could nail down why it couldn't be him. I have seen a few openminded posts. I have received several PMs from people who are hesitant to post here. I don't think that is what those running the show want. I think they developed this site to facilitate open discussion.

I do have a vested interest in making sure it is McD or not. My own child lives in that very area. She was living next door to this complex. So, yeah, I am nervous. I want to make sure they have looked under every single rock and not missed anyone lurking about. And until I know they haven't missed anyone, I will keep questioning and looking and dissecting information.

:fight:

Well said Mom........If the LE was so one sided they'd be chasing ghosts half the time. THey surely, as you are, looking at all the possibilities, even if they "Feel" one way or another. Until all the evidence comes in, they have to be open to all angles in order to even begin or continue an investigation.

Rigor mortis lasts up to 36 hours, I believe. So if rigor were present, it would mean she died a fairly short time before the remains were discovered. I don't believe the dismemberment would have an affect, but I'm not certain.

Livor mortis can continue to develop for up to 10-12 hours after death, and it doesn't disappear. If the torso showed signs of livor mortis discoloration, a medical examiner might be able to deduce whether the body rested in a certain position for a number of hours, and even whether or not it was clothed.

Or chilled in a fridge? (in one position for a while) Would that also slow down the rigor mortis or decay stage?

But how do we know there's a lack of DNA?

We don't , good point Bessie! We are just assuming there isn't because it has not been disclosed that there is in the Media , and you know how our little feeble sleuthing minds work, but they are working !!
I believe I have identified the source of my sick in the pit of my stomach feeling about this case, or at least part of it. I can't get out of my mind the interviews that the idiot juror Jennifer Ford gave after the Casey Anthony trial,(other jurors also concurred) that it all came down to the prosecution not being able to prove a "cause of death" , and that Dr. G could not list a cause of death on the death certificate. Well, guess what we have here ? Just a torso. We don't know if Lauren was shot, blunt forced trauma'd , strangled, chloroformed, drugged, or anything else about her cause of death. Based on the Pinellas12 logic, no provable cause of death = reasonable doubt.
Verdict came out right before disappearance of LG. SM probably paid a lot of attention to it.

I have 2 questions:

Is there a reason SM wants to frame the MM?

Why not frame the former tenant of the now vacant apartment? :waitasec:

Message shortened for size

[CO
***Just wanted to add that I definitely veered off topic with the last 2 paragraphs above..lol.. They are strictly some thoughts that just flowed out through my little fingertips hitting the keys and ending up on the computer screen..lol..and they are in no way directed at or about tomkat in any way whatsoever... Just wanted to clarify that about the last two paragraphs of my above post:)***[/QUOTE]

But sometime you have to decide what color parachute you want, even before you jump!

I have 2 questions:

Is there a reason SM wants to frame the MM?

Why not frame the former tenant of the now vacant apartment? :waitasec:

The general consensus appears to be that the apartment below Lauren's was involved in the aftermath. Lauren's apartment was locked with her keys inside. We have crime scenes in multiple apartments in Barrister's.

Therefore, the only person who could have committed the crime is someone with an ability to enter multiple units in the complex. It can no longer plausibly be a completely random serial killer; McD needs to point the police at someone who could have access to all the crime scenes. Bon[y] Bush, for all her yammering, isn't really a likely suspect. That leaves the MM for the apartments. So he's the logical choice for the frame up, even if McD has no personal animosity towards him.

(Granted, that Lauren kept a key under the vase makes it a little less suspicious that someone was able to get into her place. But for all we know, McD was unaware about the hidden key -- he might have thought anyone else without his secret copy would have trouble getting in, and it would be difficult for the police to explain.)

It was mentioned earlier that the torso seemed to have lots of bleach on it. Oh.. so sad!

Maybe I'm just really naive, but the problem I have with a really strong alibi is that they don't know when she died. Suppose a person has a good strong alibi for Saturday night, but she was killed after leaving her apartment early Sunday morning?? Not speaking about just the downstairs neighbor but anybody.

I think that her autopsy did give them a pretty good idea of when she died. Especially if the Zaxby's food was still present in her system. Just because WE don't know when she died doesn't mean THEY don't know when she died.

It was mentioned earlier that the torso seemed to have lots of bleach on it. Oh.. so sad!

I have not read this before. Please let me know if someone merely mentioned this or if you read it. Since McD did not intend for the torso to be discovered, I was hoping the torso would provide solid evidence. IMO

I have not read this before. Please let me know if someone merely mentioned this or if you read it. Since McD did not intend for the torso to be discovered, I was hoping the torso would provide solid evidence. IMO

I'm curious as to where this came from too? We haven't heard any details about the condition of the torso, other than it being wrapped in plastic, that I'm aware of.

This is just ONE more of the many local RUMORS--- only rumor: this has not been confirmed by LE or even mentioned in MSM that I am aware of.

I do think it has been mentioned from time to time on some of the local comment boards provided by MSM though.

I think he took apart the body for storage/disposal purposes. i think he kept the torso with the intention of framing someone (Probably the MM). I think he picked the MM simply because it was the logical choice (he had access to all apartments). I think he was motivated by the desire to get away with murder, and perhaps an obsession with Lauren and not personal anger or malice towards MM. I think the earlier burglary was a dry run for this. I wouldn't be surprised to find stolen personal body fluids planted on the torso. Or maybe there aren't any yet, which is why he kept the body hidden so long. He was waiting for an opportunity that had not presented itself yet. I think his statements about being able to get away with murder indicate he thought he could frame someone else, not be sneaky about hiding evidence. I also think he thinks he is more clever than he really is (as evidenced by the emails he wrote that were not well received, but he obviously thought were impressive or he wouldn't have put it out to the entire distribution list). In his mind buying the saw and keeping the wrapper, but claiming it was stolen makes perfect sense to him, combined with the other evidence he was hoping to frame the MM with. It puts the saw in the apartment complex accessible to the MM. If there was no evidence of someone in the apartment having the saw, then it couldn't be tied to MM.

I'm not saying any of this makes sense. But I think to him it does because he thinks he is very clever.

All of this is just my opinion based on the articles I've read. It is a horrible story and my heart goes out to the family. I can't imagine how completely surreal this must seem to them.

I'm curious as to where this came from too? We haven't heard any details about the condition of the torso, other than it being wrapped in plastic, that I'm aware of.

Correct. I have not heard anything about the torso except that it was wrapped in plastic and in the trash can.
One other thing we read was according to the coroner's comment it appeared that she had not been dead long.
After the coroner's remark, we assumed that the torso had been preserved in the frig since the frig was removed as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62