GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of off topic,but-

I've been trying to understand why McD would put the torso in the rolling trash bin (to the left of the complex) instead of the large dumpster to the back of the complex. Seems like if the perp's plan was for the torso to go off undetected to the landfill, the better plan would be to put it in a dumpster, where it would be less likely to be noticed by the trashman than it would in a smaller rolling can. The dumpster would also provide more obscurity because of all the reeds and such near the dumpster. It's also not within eyesight from Georgia Ave. like the rolling can would have been.

Any ideas why the can vs. the dumpster?

I think he took apart the body for storage/disposal purposes. i think he kept the torso with the intention of framing someone (Probably the MM). I think he picked the MM simply because it was the logical choice (he had access to all apartments). I think he was motivated by the desire to get away with murder, and perhaps an obsession with Lauren and not personal anger or malice towards MM. I think the earlier burglary was a dry run for this. I wouldn't be surprised to find stolen personal body fluids planted on the torso. Or maybe there aren't any yet, which is why he kept the body hidden so long. He was waiting for an opportunity that had not presented itself yet. I think his statements about being able to get away with murder indicate he thought he could frame someone else, not be sneaky about hiding evidence. I also think he thinks he is more clever than he really is (as evidenced by the emails he wrote that were not well received, but he obviously thought were impressive or he wouldn't have put it out to the entire distribution list). In his mind buying the saw and keeping the wrapper, but claiming it was stolen makes perfect sense to him, combined with the other evidence he was hoping to frame the MM with. It puts the saw in the apartment complex accessible to the MM. If there was no evidence of someone in the apartment having the saw, then it couldn't be tied to MM.

I'm not saying any of this makes sense. But I think to him it does because he thinks he is very clever.

All of this is just my opinion based on the articles I've read. It is a horrible story and my heart goes out to the family. I can't imagine how completely surreal this must seam to them.

Bold my emphasis.
Your points are well stated, but help me understand why McD would keep the hacksaw wrapper in HIS apartment and not leave it with the hacksaw in the maintenance room?

I've been trying to understand why McD would put the torso in the rolling trash bin (to the left of the complex) instead of the large dumpster to the back of the complex. Seems like if the perp's plan was for the torso to go off undetected to the landfill, the better plan would be to put it in a dumpster, where it would be less likely to be noticed by the trashman than it would in a smaller rolling can. The dumpster would also provide more obscurity because of all the reeds and such near the dumpster. It's also not within eyesight from Georgia Ave. like the rolling can would have been.

My thought is just the convenience of it, if perp is SM.

If perp is someone else trying to frame SM, then its the closest to SM's appt. and would look more like he (SM) put it there.

JMO

My thought is just the convenience of it, if perp is SM.

If perp is someone else trying to frame SM, then its the closest to SM's appt. and would look more like he (SM) put it there.

JMO

But wasn't LG's apartment closest to the side with the can? That means SM, coming from his own apartment, would have had to cross over the front of the entire complex, in view of the road- to get to the other side. If he used the dumpster, he would've been able to just slip out the side of the apartment to the back.

Bold my emphasis.
Your points are well stated, but help me understand why McD would keep the hacksaw wrapper in HIS apartment and not leave it with the hacksaw in the maintenance room?

Because I think he knew there was evidence of him buying the hacksaw at Walmart. I think he knew they would look for the original origin of the weapon and then who had access to the weapon. The only thing that doesn't really make sense to me is why not just rummage through the MM and use something that actually belonged to MM. Of course maybe he did and there wasn't a saw so he bought one. He needed the saw to help hide the body.

I do think this was in the planning stages in his head for some time.

Of course he may just be completely crazy, and we are giving him too much credit with thinking about any of it.

But wasn't LG's apartment closest to the side with the can? That means SM, coming from his own apartment, would have had to cross over the front of the entire complex, in view of the road- to get to the other side. If he used the dumpster, he would've been able to just slip out the side of the apartment to the back.

If, as some suspect, the torso had been stored in the refrigerator of Apt#1 then the rolling can would be just a few feet away.
Are there side entrances to the apartments? You mention the possibility of slipping out the side to the back.

We don't , good point Bessie! We are just assuming there isn't because it has not been disclosed that there is in the Media , and you know how our little feeble sleuthing minds work, but they are working !!
I believe I have identified the source of my sick in the pit of my stomach feeling about this case, or at least part of it. I can't get out of my mind the interviews that the idiot juror Jennifer Ford gave after the Casey Anthony trial,(other jurors also concurred) that it all came down to the prosecution not being able to prove a "cause of death" , and that Dr. G could not list a cause of death on the death certificate. Well, guess what we have here ? Just a torso. We don't know if Lauren was shot, blunt forced trauma'd , strangled, chloroformed, drugged, or anything else about her cause of death. Based on the Pinellas12 logic, no provable cause of death = reasonable doubt.
Verdict came out right before disappearance of LG. SM probably paid a lot of attention to it.

Yikes.

One more thing. I just think this story McD told Mama is answering some of our questions.

McD tells Mama that he hears a loud noice Thurs night.

Keep in mind that McD doesn't know what others in the complex heard. SO he will say he heard a loud noise to cover up the fact that she was shot.

Then he says that MM mentions cutting the grass.

Could he have killed her with the gun, then used a chain saw?

OMG, I think you are RIGHT! In the study of statement analysis they tell you that when someone is being deceptive they will frequently tell half truths. So, I bet Thursday night is definitely when he did it. I don't know about how he did it, but he did it at the time he is indicating and he used a chainsaw or hack saw, whatever. They can sound just like a lawn mower!

OMG, I think you are RIGHT! In the study of statement analysis they tell you that when someone is being deceptive they will frequently tell half truths. So, I bet Thursday night is definitely when he did it. I don't know about how he did it, but he did it at the time he is indicating and he used a chainsaw or hack saw, whatever. They can sound just like a lawn mower!

It was not done Thursday night. Lauren was out with friends Friday night and sent an email, went for Zaxby's, and I'm assuming had other electronic (cell, computer, etc.) activity up until that last email Saturday at 10:30.

I have not read this before. Please let me know if someone merely mentioned this or if you read it. Since McD did not intend for the torso to be discovered, I was hoping the torso would provide solid evidence. IMO

I said it. I heard it from someone I know working on the case, so I am pretty sure it's accurate. But, it should still be treated as a rumor.

At this point, they have not directly connected the hacksaw found in the closet to the packaging found in McD's apartment. They may. I hope they do. I am basing my ideas on the information we do have confirmed. That is itty bitty. We can all hazard a guess, and if you fill in the blank with what you 'think' something is or isn't, you can come up with a conclusion that someone is or isn't guilty. I am trying to use what we can verify. We cannot verify the hacksaw in the closet is the same one - at this time. I think there is a good chance they will, but they haven't. Unless you play madlibs with the facts, you can't know for sure about anything. And, yeah, that bugs me. So, while I think it is most likely McD, I am going to look at all the other options.

I still think it is a possibility someone from her running group came up to her apartment knowing she was about to leave and said, "Hey, come out to the car. I've got something for you before you leave." She steps out to the car. They use a taser. She's gone. As for the body being discovered where it was, they may have brought her body back to make LE stick closer to home in their search. Or maybe they took her into one of the other empty apartments and did something there. I don't know that is what happened, but I do not know that is NOT what happened either.

You seem to think if I am not hanging McD tonight, I think he is innocent. I haven't said that. I have said we should toss around all other options. We need to see how and why we can rule out other possibilities based on what we have available. Not much available, though. I hope we will hear more soon. But, guys, don't take my asking questions and posing other options as a threat to your belief. I like open discussion of why this or that doesn't work. Not, "Because I said so!" or "They wouldn't do that!" Real, honest discussion about the facts we have, and what they could or could not mean. Yeah, we have to make some guesses, but one guess isn't the only option. Consider other options and see how it plays out in your mind.

In addition to the evidence thus far, the fact that he is obviously making up such a stretch of a story about MM, incriminates him a lot more so, in my book. JMO

ginally Posted by AgentFrankLundy
We don't , good point Bessie! We are just assuming there isn't because it has not been disclosed that there is in the Media , and you know how our little feeble sleuthing minds work, but they are working !!
I believe I have identified the source of my sick in the pit of my stomach feeling about this case, or at least part of it. I can't get out of my mind the interviews that the idiot juror Jennifer Ford gave after the Casey Anthony trial,(other jurors also concurred) that it all came down to the prosecution not being able to prove a "cause of death" , and that Dr. G could not list a cause of death on the death certificate. Well, guess what we have here ? Just a torso. We don't know if Lauren was shot, blunt forced trauma'd , strangled, chloroformed, drugged, or anything else about her cause of death. Based on the Pinellas12 logic, no provable cause of death = reasonable doubt. Verdict came out right before disappearance of LG. SM probably paid a lot of attention to it.

That is the strangest thing to me. How can no provable cause of death = reasonable doubt as if there is no dead body?
In my mind the BODY is the proof that there is no doubt that the crime was committed.
Didn't Scott Peterson get convicted without a cause of death?
Help me out here!!

I said it. I heard it from someone I know working on the case, so I am pretty sure it's accurate. But, it should still be treated as a rumor.

Is it true that even if bleach is used that DNA traces can still be detected?

If, as some suspect, the torso had been stored in the refrigerator of Apt#1 then the rolling can would be just a few feet away.
Are there side entrances to the apartments? You mention the possibility of slipping out the side to the back.

Hmm..no, I just meant that he would only have to go across half of the front of the building to slip around the side to get to the dumpster from his apartment. I just feel like he would be exposed to the view of the road for longer if he went from his apartment to the far far side of the building, as opposed to staying on his side of the complex and going around back.

But what you're saying makes sense- and adds even more credence to the rumor that Apt #1 was used to house the body. The rolling can would be literally right around the corner from that apartment.

I would love to tell you which thread I read it on but I cant locate it. For sure it was on WS though. Sorry

I think he took apart the body for storage/disposal purposes. i think he kept the torso with the intention of framing someone (Probably the MM). <snipped> I think the earlier burglary was a dry run for this. I wouldn't be surprised to find stolen personal body fluids planted on the torso. Or maybe there aren't any yet, which is why he kept the body hidden so long. He was waiting for an opportunity that had not presented itself yet. I think his statements about being able to get away with murder indicate he thought he could frame someone else, not be sneaky about hiding evidence. .

Interesting idea. I seem to recall that an early news story revealed that the 2 burgled condoms were stolen from Apt 5 and Apt 9. I WAS going to suggest that we try to determine in which apt the MM lived to see whether there might be a connection between the condom theft and a possible frame attempt . . . .

But then I remembered that the alleged burglaries were in the winter of 2008-2009 (right?) which is before DD the MM became a law student (since he is one year behind SMD & LG).

Still, I'm intrigued by Pegatha's idea, because the condom thefts mean that SMD (if, indeed, he did those burglaries) had the means to steal personal stuff from DD's apt to be used in a frame up.

We just don't know whether there are objects, fluids, fibers, etc connected with the body that can be traced back to DD. I would suppose not, due to the MPD's apparent lack of interest.

Still that doesn't mean that Pegatha's theory is wrong . . . just that SMD didn't get the opportunity to complete his plan or that the MPD missed the evidence he planted.

Bold my emphasis.

maybe a sub conscious part of him wanted to be caught to further enjoy the game "beating the wrap" - another challege to his intellect?

Because it was the closest dump point to the lower left apt and it was heavy?

And... I am sorry for re-posting a RUMOR from 8-3-2011 about the bleach on the torso!

But what if it came out of the downstairs apartment's refrigerator? That apartment is closer to the garbage can than any other apartment there.

I also read earlier he had a full academic scholarship. Such a waste all the way around, makes you really sad.

I heard his attorney say he had a full scholarship to college and could have qualified for a full scholarship to law school but he did not finish his paperwork in time. (this was a weird statement-how many kids that could get a full scholarship to law school would not get their paperwork done on time?)

this was on WMAZ the other morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member