GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angelanalyzes has been tipped off about particular information about the case[this being one of those] and just as she has relayed to us on multiple occasions throughout this investigation those details and pieces of information have time and time again proven to be true and accurate.. There are several of us here on this board that have been privy to details about this crime and elements in and or around it.. We have on many occasions shared those details and info here in Lauren's threads but are careful to always state that it is rumor until it comes out in the media and is verified..

snipped by me

Yes, in a post shortly before this one, angelanalyzes mentioned the tips she's received that there is evidence to show use of the refrigerator. I have a good deal of respect for her ability to network and weed through what she's getting. She hasn't shared everything on this open forum, of course, and I believe these tips were ones she had not specifically mentioned here before that post.

As for others who are privy to stuff, well, you know, some of us on here don't know that same stuff and we're not going to unless somebody tells us, so why wonder why we don't all draw the same conclusions.

When I posted that I wouldn't be shocked if we found out there was no evidence to support the use of downstairs fridge, I meant it. I wouldn't be. Also wouldn't be shocked if there is evidence. When there's information that hasn't been shared, some of us who are left out hear the buzzing but can't see the bees...until we give the hive a poke.

I have 2 questions:

Is there a reason SM wants to frame the MM?

Why not frame the former tenant of the now vacant apartment? :waitasec:

Wonder if there might have been a mild flirtation or budding romance between the MM and LG ... or SM might have thought so...?

Remind me not to live next door to you.

HYPO Beginning
Suppose it were to come to light that I, ~SuperSleuth~, had recently purchased
the property bordering your current residence, irregardless of the geographic
location of such said property, and that I intended to take up residence within
the existing dwelling upon such said property as my primary residence.

HYPO Ending

If this hypothetical situation were genuine, would you :panic:

maybe a sub conscious part of him wanted to be caught to further enjoy the game "beating the wrap" - another challege to his intellect?

...or wanted to be caught, for other reasons. I've wondered about that.

I'm guessing you've never used a chainsaw :)
If he had done this, this case would've been over Thurs night when the friends entered the apt.
SM would have still been in there cleaning up.
- - - - - - -- -- - -- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - ---

Agree about clean up after chainsaw use . Takes extensive, intensive, tedious, and time consuming clean up.
Even cutting four or five small tree limbs by a sidewalk, close to house creates a mess.

Loud noise? Yes.
Chainsaw operation in adjoining, or over- or under- apt, is not likely to be mistaken (imo)
for lawnmower noise, outside at ground level.

W/be difficult for perp to explain away chainsaw noise as lawnmower noise, at the time or afterward.

A quick thought on another possible reason that Stephen would have chosen to dispose of the plastic wrapped torso in the rolling, flip top lid trashbin vs using heavy duty type dumpster..

Going with the theory that there it was sometime well after midnight of the Wednesday leading into Thursday, June 30.. Lauren's friends had shown up and were aware she was missing and even entered her apt along with notifying the authorities and she was now officially missing.. So, as I said there it is sometime well after midnight by the time all of this has transpired and the friends and ofcrs had finally left the apt complex.. Stephen is well aware that the time is upon him that he likely both dreaded and was anxious in anticipating it's known eventual arrival.. there he was finally everyone gone from the premisis atleast for the immediate time being and he had what several of us theorize at the very least, the torso remaining to be disposed of before friends, family, relatives, and LE returned as he knew they were going to.. So, as they all leave I would suppose he'd appear as tho he was simply retiring to his own abode there upstairs next door to Lauren's now empty apt..

IMO quite likely with his knowing Lauren was now officially known to be "missing" he was probably not as comfortable as he had been in those 4 days when moving around, cleaning, and disposing without anyone so much as even suspecting Lauren was even missing.. In his knowing the importance of the difference I would think he likely exhibited even more caution than he had leading up til then..*

I'd think it even likely that he would wonder were LE possibly watching the complex from afar.. Meaning after their noticeable presence had left the complex it wouldn't exactly be unheard of for the complex to be monitored during the meantime until things officially got off the ground with all LE returning later that same morning and beginning to actually search for her and have a look around at the apts in the complex.. So IMO the possibility of their having ATLEAST having an officer or two to from A distance observe the complex until that time wouldn't be unheard of and actually IMO wouldve been a really smart thing to do and actually couldve caught him redhanded..*

I think Stephen could have very likely been leery of this possibility of having some LE monitor the comings and goings in and around the complex.. These thoughts would have had him being extremely more cautious even in just making his way from his upstairs apt down to apt 1 where several theorize the torso to have been.. And then once concealed inside of apt 1 likely was moving around within the apt with minimal lighting as to not drawn any unwanted attention FROM ANYONE... it is due to that same mindset of being cautious *in moving himself around the complex, but even more importantly moving around evidence such as the torso to ensure it's disposal with an extreme level of caution..

He didn't know for certain that someone wasnt monitoring the complex from a distance and it's because of this uncertainty that IMO not only determined that he would not be leaving the complex with the remains to dispose of them elsewhere, but it is that too which dictated that Stephen dispose of the torso in the plastic, flip top lid, trashbin with wheels there immediately nearest to the door of apt 1 where the torso was stored.. Instead of using even the more likely choice of the industrial type dumpster that was unfortunately located a further distance away from the door of apt 1... With his being uncertain whether someone was or could have been monitoring any goings ons there at the complex he could not even chance what little extra distance it would mean having to cover in order for him to get the torso from the door of apt 1 to the more likely his 1st choice, the industrial type dumpster..*

Thus why the torso was placed instead with what was the safer, closer, and less distance to cover with the torso in hand.. In the plastic, flip top lid trashbin with rollers..

In looking at everything as a whole, as well as breaking it down into smaller frames of time IMO it seems most likely that it could have been chosen as the place of disposal strictly *out of feeling he had absolutely zero other choice.. That not knowing whether or not someone was or was not observing and monitoring the apt complex within those few hours of time between friends and LE having left and their all having returned just mere hours later to begin the full fledged investigation.. It quite possibly was his being cautious realistically looking at the possibilities of what was unfolding at that time and he could not take that chance.. He had IMO already kept the torso for way too long and past the point he'd intended.. He knew the plastic, rollabout trashbin was infact his only choice.. Therefor as we know that is where Lauren's torso just mere hours later was indeed discovered to be..

Just some thoughts on why the choice was made to use the lightweight, rollabout, plastic trashbin..

Just wanted to point out here that the article here is incorrect.
This is where we have to be careful about the statements of reporters.
Per the warrant itself, which you have linked to:

So, the warrant only states that the packaging found was for the same brand.
And the "same such" wording would seem to indicate it was also the same "model".

Agree totally. And of the many articles, newscasts, etc., I've encountered, that ONE article is the only one I remember that didn't take some pains to state something about "same brand hacksaw", etc. I remember that the omission jumped out at me because of that.

SuperSleuth,

Good point, esp. if thinking of someone w. slight/thin build trying to move the remains.

For ease of loading, I agree - roll into apt, insert remains, then roll back outside.

But if perp. were observed doing this, say, by a resident in the apt. complex, what w/ perp. do or say, if anything, to "cover"?

Same question for idea about dropping remains from window to ground,
for the closest-to-back-dumpster scheme for most minimal exposure.

After missing person status becomes known, perp.'s silence w/seem "funny" and neighbor may still be able to recall incident for LE.

IF this crime was PLANNED ...
No matter what route or method of transport from apt. to can or dumpster, it seems to call for perp to have a planned "cover" comment either at the time, esp. if observed by another resident, or later for LE, asking about someone's observation of perp. carrying big bundle.

If perp. had taken big bundle from apt. to his car, close to end of semester and move-out time,
then perhaps neighbor or observer might just assume "Oh, just packing the car to head home."

Then prob. is moving remains from car to dumpster elsewhere. Maybe across town or out of town where perp. is less likely to be recognized and thus less likely to be identified to LE after the fact.

Even W/S'ers have a prob. w. logisitics of moving the remains.
Not easy.

All very good points.
I would tend to believe that since the only other resident in that building
was the mother/son that lived below him, he probably felt pretty safe doing this in the dead of night.
It's quite possible he had no "cover comment" at all.
After all, what kind of "realistic" excuse are you going to come up with
if seen coming out of someone else's apartment in the middle of the night?
If he had been seen, I'm not sure how he would have played this.
Maybe abort, say "well...no choice now" and load it in his car,
then try to think of some place to dump it?
I'm thinking he'd been sneaking around that complex for a while and was pretty comfortable doing so.
So, again, his confidence is in play.

Just catching up here...

:floorlaugh:
I can't believe how many of you are missing the obvious here...
It's a rolling trash can.
He could simply roll it into Apt #1, load the torso from the fridge, and roll it back out.

I don't understand why it would be necessary to reach that "obvious" conclusion. ~40 lbs is really not all that heavy...probably not heavy enough to risk wheeling the trashcan inside for. I'm a small person, and I can easily lift that around at the gym. It's more likely 40lbs would feel light if you have adrenaline pumping. I think people are playing up the whole "SM is a bookworm lightweight" thing, and not realizing he was still a 6 foot tall, able- bodied man.

It still bothers me that SM was confident the trash collector wouldn't notice the torso.
I got watch one today work through a residential neighborhood in Macon.
As I watched him hook the can up and flip out the contents, I noticed he was looking at what came out,
making sure everything came out. I'd have to say, I feel like there was ~80% chance he would have noticed.
Really makes you wonder...

Quick observation.
If the murder and dismemberment took place in lgs apt. Wouldn't someone notice the perplexing going in and out? This act would have taken hours on hours to clean. And the removal of body parts would have taken several trips in and out. Even in the dead of nite gave avenue has traffic and the macon. Pd and mecer. Pd drive by at least 2 or 3 times each nite.
The murder scene and the disposal of the torso by a resident of the apartments is possible but is it feasible? Even with the student s moving out, it is still a college apartment complex and college kids in macon like to party on any given nite.
Imo I think we should all step back and review just the facts we know. Not the media pictures. Or reporters word, but the facts.
1. There was a horrible murder committed.
2.time of death is unknown.
3. LGS. DNA was on a hacksaw
4. A wrapperfor the same brand hacksaw was found in MCDS. APT.
5. Mcd has been in lock since Approximately. 23 hours after the torso was found.
6. The other body parts have not been found, even after an extensive search of a two mile radius of the apartment complex.
7. The torso Was found in a rolling trash bin.
8.'A group. Of friends came over at midnight. To look for LG. Mcd assisted them.
9. A reporter went and got Mcd. For the infamous interview, he did not go to the reporter. (don't have link it is on news central.com )
10. No le is discussing the case not even with family members ( I know this because I ama family member of one of the few in the know on this investigation )

So lets try to start from the beginning and bit by bit piece it all together with only what the facts are, not what some told us but what we know for sure. I feel the same as bessie. I don't care who did it I just want them to face justice for the actions that were committed.

Quick observation.
If the murder and dismemberment took place in lgs apt. Wouldn't someone notice the perplexing going in and out? This act would have taken hours on hours to clean. And the removal of body parts would have taken several trips in and out. Even in the dead of nite gave avenue has traffic and the macon. Pd and mecer. Pd drive by at least 2 or 3 times each nite.
The murder scene and the disposal of the torso by a resident of the apartments is possible but is it feasible? Even with the student s moving out, it is still a college apartment complex and college kids in macon like to party on any given nite.
Imo I think we should all step back and review just the facts we know. Not the media pictures. Or reporters word, but the facts.
5. Mcd has been in lock since Approximately. 23 hours after the torso was found.
6. The other body parts have not been found, even after an extensive search of a two mile radius of the apartment complex.
8.'A group. Of friends came over at midnight. To look for LG. Mcd assisted them.
9. A reporter went and got Mcd. For the infamous interview, he did not go to the reporter. (don't have link it is on news central.com )
10. No le is discussing the case not even with family members ( I know this because I ama family member of one of the few in the know on this investigation )

So lets try to start from the beginning and bit by bit piece it all together with only what the facts are, not what some told us but what we know for sure. I feel the same as bessie. I don't care who did it I just want them to face justice for the actions that were committed.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish.

I think the whole point of the discussions here is to have some civilized debate
about various theories on who/what/when/where... not based solely on released,
"admissible" evidence, but on this along with "inadmissible" evidence, the actions
of those involved, our own thoughts and "feelings", and how we perceive these things.
Rumors and suppositions which we give nearly the same weigh as confirmed facts,
based on consensus and/or confirmation from those we "feel" are reliable sources.

In other words, the whole point (to me) is that we ARE "outside the courtroom" here.
If I were to illegally tap my neighbors phone, and he were to commit a heinous crime,
yet leave no evidence or clues for LE to charge him, much less even suspect him....
and I happened to record a phone call where he tells someone in great detail of the
crime he's committed, including facts only the guilty party would know...
Well... I know he did it. If LE heard this, they would know.
Anyone I let hear it, or anyone I shared this info with that trust me, would also know he did it.
That's us here. Legally, it means nothing.

IMO, right now - in this case - if we were to stick to only confirmed, admissible facts,
we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about :)

The discussion of Lauren's torso just makes me so sad.

It reminds me that LE has not recovered the rest of her remains, so she can be laid to rest in peace.

THAT makes me angry. :furious:

WHERE are the remains of Lauren Giddings, the victim in this horrible murder? :(

You are AWESOME SUPER SLEUTH!!!!!!!

Duh?? All my long Drawn out thought processes of how I theorized the why the "rolling" trash bin was used due to it being closest to the door of apt 1.. When he easily could've just rolled that bin right in and put the torso in, and rolled it right back out.. Duh!?!

Just catching up here...

:floorlaugh:
I can't believe how many of you are missing the obvious here...
It's a rolling trash can.
He could simply roll it into Apt #1, load the torso from the fridge, and roll it back out.

NOW that might draw some attention. I think (JMO) it would be highly unusual to roll one of those things into a dwelling...ESPECIALLY one that is NOT YOUR OWN DWELLING!

Those cans are pretty good size. I have one, and I am not sure it would even fit through the door.

NOW that might draw some attention. I think (JMO) it would be highly unusual to roll one of those things into a dwelling...ESPECIALLY one that is NOT YOUR OWN DWELLING!

Those cans are pretty good size. I have one, and I am not sure it would even fit through the door.

Since IMO the torso came out of the vacant apartment fridge, I don't think it was necessary to roll the trash can anywhere. He simply walked over to it and lifted the lid.

FWIW- I have a standard size front door. I think our 96 Gal. recycling bin (looks just like the trash can at BH) would def fit through the door with no problem.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish.

I think the whole point of the discussions here is to have some civilized debate
about various theories on who/what/when/where... not based solely on released,
"admissible" evidence, but on this along with "inadmissible" evidence, the actions
of those involved, our own thoughts and "feelings", and how we perceive these things.
Rumors and suppositions which we give nearly the same weigh as confirmed facts,
based on consensus and/or confirmation from those we "feel" are reliable sources.

In other words, the whole point (to me) is that we ARE "outside the courtroom" here.
If I were to illegally tap my neighbors phone, and he were to commit a heinous crime,
yet leave no evidence or clues for LE to charge him, much less even suspect him....
and I happened to record a phone call where he tells someone in great detail of the
crime he's committed, including facts only the guilty party would know...
Well... I know he did it. If LE heard this, they would know.

Anyone I let hear it, or anyone I shared this info with that trust me, would also know he did it.
That's us here. Legally, it means nothing.

IMO, right now - in this case - if we were to stick to only confirmed, admissible facts,
we wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about :)

I am not trying to accomplish anything at all. As you,I post in order to have a logical intelligent conversation or at times a debate with other posters on this forum. A life a has been snuffed out, a young one that will never know the joy of starting her on family. I for one enjoy reading other ideas and possibilitie concerning this murder. I work in macon and lived in macon my entire life. This case really hits close to home. I have family in the pd, the fire dept and really close friends that live on right next to the apartment complex. I am in no way shape or form saying we should not discuss possibilities but I do feel we all need to retrace and re-establish the base of the case. Just so we will stop repeating the same things over and over again.

Quick observation.

I wholeheartedly agree. #1: I too believe that this was a tenacious task of labor, movement in and out and most of all, secrecy for the perp. I am AMAZED that SMcD or ANYone did it all RIGHT THERE for anyone to see or suspect, yet NO ONE saw ONE THING. HOWEVER, there has been reportedly, LG dna in her drain. SOMETHING happen in her apt.

#2: I do think this is like a merry-go-round as well. We need more facts. But we dont' have them. LE also must speculate at times or we could call them ARUBA authorities who NEVER solve a crime because each one to them is a dead end because apparently they are kin to FL. They dont' believe in circumstantial, common sense, coincidences. Just dead ends.

But we do need more facts and I guess they just aren't there or like you allude, LE is hush hush (for whatever reasons).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double