GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought I read/heard something about a partial tag/plate matched picked up by sometype of camera/survelliance etc? I probably misheard, but that's what I thought, and it made sense, because I couldn't figure out how they came to find him out that quickly.

BUT on another note? I have written down plate numbers on vehicles that "just didn't seem right" but didn't know if it was me being overly paranoid etc. I'll write down plate number, brf description of vehicle as well as a brf (basically size//wght/race and sometimes clothing if it's out of the ordinary)

I've done that too. Sometimes, something doesn't seem right to me about a specific vehicle. But I too have never had to use that knowledge so far.

I don't know..I haven't found confirmation of that one way or the other. I know it's being stated he (GMH) did have a sheath attached to his leg. But it could have held a flashlight, mace, a knife, a baton, who knows?

I find it weird that another poster stated they were ASB/ASP (I can't recall, but a three letter combo like that) which is only police issue I think they stated.

Hmm Ex cop and only police issued items found.

What were the sunglasses like - were they typical cop sunglasses to?

Run with me for just one sec. This cop has stated he felt funny, but doesn't do anything? Not even follow them up or wait for them to come down? Nada?

He turns items in, but still doesn't do anything?

Lets see, he sees the two of them together, sees her go up the mountain etc. He has an automatic fall guy now. Other people have seen them (GMH and ME) together, it didn't sound like he (GMH) tried to disguise that.

The ExCop turned the items in right? Well, perfect explanation for fingerprints and such to be on the items. Even his spit if need be (Dirty glasses say, someone tried to look through them, no water easily accessable, "HockTwooey - spit on the glasses, wipe it off, and oh, wow, I can see.

If they were used in any event of a crime, remember he just turned them in. I'd love to see a picture and have a name of the person. Have we ever figured out why he's an ex?

I think GMH has alot stacked against him. And I see to a certain extent that he could. BUT I keep going back to the physical characteristics of both parties. He was a frail (statue) 60 year old man. he only outweighed her by 40 lbs. She is a physically active/fit person. Has been trained in Martial arts, and had her best friend with GOOD teeth by her side.

Im having serious issues trying to picture it.

On the other hand? An excop? Should be fit, trained in defensive/offensive type moves. Would have access to a police issue baton, even handcuffs, mace, lots of little tricks to take a person down. Hmmm a taser? those seem to be the thing of choice w/ some nowadays. Even w/ being an ex, in most situations, they won't have a problem w/ a ccw from my understanding. Not pointing fingers at anyone..Just creating a "Run With Me" scenario.

Anyone else see the path? Or do I need to backtrack and walk?

No disrespect and if it is too out there I have no issue deleting/editing. Just please pm and don't put it here ^^

Right, but what about the guy with the baton? Are they the same person?

The video from cnn on day two mentions the man had a sheath on his leg but LE said they didn't know what was in it. At that time they were talking about getting a sketch of the person but since that time he has been identified. So, either she was abducted or had an injury on the mountain. Since they are still on the mountain they must have some reason to believe she is there. They have a lot of man power up there.

I don't know..I haven't found confirmation of that one way or the other. I know it's being stated he (GMH) did have a sheath attached to his leg. But it could have held a flashlight, mace, a knife, a baton, who knows?

I find it weird that another poster stated they were ASB/ASP (I can't recall, but a three letter combo like that) which is only police issue I think they stated.

That was me: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1889247#post1889247
Even though it is a police-issue device, I think civilians can acquire one. I could be wrong.

So (correct me if I'm wrong) GMH was the man seen with the leg sheath and the same man seen by the ex-cop who got a strange feeling about him.

I was thinking the same jinxie about the ex-cop....very odd if he was suspicious he didn't check into it further - being an ex-cop and all....do they know exactly who he is?? i wonder if they have spoken w/him??
and the baton thing - you can prolly find one of those online now a days....
all just very weird - something has got to give....soon

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319948,00.html

BUFORD, Ga. — Authorities said Thursday they were seeking a man believed to have been seen talking to a 24-year-old hiker missing since Tuesday in the vicinity of Blood Mountain.
Police said the man, described as 60 years old, weighing 160 pounds, was seen several times on New Year's Day with Meredith Emerson, 24, formerly of Longmont, Colo, and recently a resident of Buford, Ga., in suburban Atlanta.
Click here for more from MyFOXAtlanta.com.
"This man was seen with her on multiple occasions during that day," Union County investigator Kimberly Verdone said on Thursday.

MORE AT LINK

Why hasn't LE released a description of what Meredith was wearing? You'd think that would be an important piece of information.

Or anyone know?

If you're fired/retire/whatever - do you keep your "goodies" I've read some do, some don't, but don't know the circumstances nor what is allowed not allowed.

With that in mind - would it be out of the ordinary for this person to have access still (being an ex) to any of the following. (Not what you can grab on the net, but formal police issue stuff.

A taser, if so, how are tasers normally held? Anyone know? I think C mentioned in a holster they could be..if so what size/kind? Could this be a "region terminiology thing" Ie Are they called sheaths to the south but are the same thing we would call a holster/holder/side carrier in the north? (I think of sheath, I'm thinking of a covering for a sword Big sword..Like samarai style loL)

Mace?

Do you keep your baton/wand thingee?

Gloves/coats/hats etc?

Badge?

Thanks!

I think the ex-LE officer is highly suspicious. But why turn the items in instead of taking them with him or throwing them away?

There should be another presser in a little over an hour. I have to leave the house for the day. Can someone paraphraise? TIA.

covering tracks before all hell broke loose?

By doing it this way - he is part of the investigation from the inside. He's a witness, he's going to be wanted, would be interesting to know if he is part of the search/rescue efforts. if it was spur of the moment, maybe he's not sure he left something "behind" this gives a reason why his presence may be on certain items etc.

**DISCLAIMER**
Again, I'm not saying the person did anything or had any involvement, this is a purely "run with me" scenario.

I think the ex-LE officer is highly suspicious. But why turn the items in instead of taking them with him or throwing them away?

There should be another presser in a little over an hour. I have to leave the house for the day. Can someone paraphraise? TIA.

Actually, the spokesperson stated that the next presser would be at 11:30 EST, so in about 15 minutes. I'll tune in.

No new information
Search area: 401 square miles
Not using civilian volunteers for searching as of now; only LE teams.

The problem with suspecting the ex-officer is that at least 5 people saw Meredith talking to someone fitting Gary M. Hilton's description, including that ex-cop. That's a preponderance of reasons to want to talk to Hilton first.

About the possible connection to the Bryants. It may be nothing, but here's a link to a map connecting Brevard, where they disappeared, to Ducktown, TN, where the ATM video of the yellow-jacketed person withdrawing money from the Bryants' account was made, with an added jog down to Blairsville, GA, where Meredith has gone missing. You'll note that everything is right there together. Like I said, probably nothing, but I was bothered by it.

I've updated my blog entry with some of this info, as well as info provided by a good friend of Meredith's who is participating in the civilian search.

Steve/Mr. A

The following is the text of an update I just appended to my blog entry about this case. It suddenly got even closer to home than just happening in North GA.

I am the tenor section leader and soloist for a large Presbyterian Church choir in Roswell, GA. We have a pretty efficient system of spreading info among choir members via e-mail. Ten minutes ago I received an e-mail from Beth, the main distributor of those messages. It was titled, "Urgent prayer request..." The following is the message text, with some names redacted for privacy reasons:
[Redacted] just called from the mountains of North Georgia where they are in their second day of joining in the search of close family friend Meredith Hope Emerson hiker who has been missing since New Years Day. [Meredith] is a special friend of their son...

[Redacted] asked for prayers for Meredith's safety and that searchers will find her quickly. She said there is concern that there might be foul play involved but nothing to prove that...
The person who called from the mountains is a soprano in the choir, her husband a bass. Their son who is friends with Meredith often comes during the Christmas season to add a strong, youthful tenor sound to my section.

They've got my prayers, that's for sure.

The couple making the prayer request and their sons are some of the nicest, most amiable folks in my church choir. They are involved and sincere members of the church. Their sons come during the holidays to beef up our tenor section, and they do it well.

I had the weird feeling I recognized Meredith Emerson. Now I'm wondering if I've seen her at church at some point.

Steve/Mr. A

I don't know for sure, but have a feeling since looking around online.....that GMH might have been incarcerated for a long period of time either in Georgia or some other state.

I looked on Veromi, intellius, peoplesearch, and all of these have him listed with no age, no relatives, no previous locations lived.

His being unnaccounted for as far as people finders, jail records, anything else really, he was either incarcerated somewhere else, lived by himself somewhere else and maybe had no utilities in his name,

or maybe he was just a drifter that hiked places and had no so called "home".

I really would like to know here else he has lived in the past 10 years.

btw......I found a GMH "same name exactly" in Colorado being investigated for strangulation on a college girl, but the guy I found .....the age difference is too far off. Pretty weird coincidence still though.

Kel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back