GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember on the news video somewhere, I think it was the one posted about the name of the poi being released......they said he had 2 vehicles that are white minivans. One was a 2003 or something then the other was a little older or something.

They were both white minivans the same make. Aerostar if I am not mistaken.

Kel

On Nancy Grace tonight it said that he had the one white van...2003. I wonder if the yellow jacket could have been a rain slicker? A lot of people wear them when the weather is unpredictabale. He could have a yellow slicker on and have sweaters or even a heavy jacket underneath it.

On Nancy it said that the older man and the young lady were seen walking and talking together but the past cop felt uneasy. They could have just been walking and talking together. The ex-cop finding the belongings and taking them to that store instead of to LE makes me uneasy. It was said though that he just though they were things that he thought someone had lost...as people do...and things are taken to the store in that area so that people can retrieve them. He didn't connect the belongings until he watched the news later and then he went to the police. Wonder how long he was a cop and why he left the force.

So the older man had sold himself years ago? Did he sell himself to other men?
He's probably afraid to go to LE because of his past and afraid that he will become a suspect instead of a person of interest...which is really the same!

I hope that she has taken refuge somewhere in the woods and is just waiting for someone to come rescue her. She has a green? belt in karate and is very strong her roommate said. She hikes and runs all of the time. But like someone said...if someone hit her over the head her strength and green belt aren't going to do her any good. I wish that women would stop hiking, running, jogging and walking by themselves! Her dog has been trained to be nice and not to attack people her roommate said.

They have been searching all night and will keep on into tomorrow. Her dad is there now and he is a avid hiker too. I hope and pray that she is found and that no one has harmed her.

Good morning everyone -

Dang, I was really hoping I would wake up to a "they found her injured w/ ella by her side, they were SIP (sheltered in place)" Guess that didn't occur eh?

I glanced at the new posts and see it's come up about the vehicles -here's a snip that describes both along w/ tag numbers.

Police said he was last spotted driving a white Chevrolet Astro van with license plate number 76APZ. He also has a 2001 white van with plate number AFQ1310; both vehicles are registered in DeKalb County, police said.

Im not sure how georgia works - Is your vehicle registered to the county you reside in? Is it something you must update when you move? (My reason for asking is, I see they (media etc) keep stating they are registered in DeKalb county, but Police come right back and state they don't believe he resides in the county.

Concern on some sites, is it shouldn't only be locals on the look out for this vehicle. Not knowing exactly what this persons intent (if any) he could be anywhere by now w/ her or at least him and the vehicles are. Therefore EVERYONE PLEASE!! keep your eyes open for the vehicles POI above!!

Presser right now on CNN Live. Describing the search units that are in place. There are so many people, it makes me think they have reason to believe she is still on the mountain somewhere.

http://www.ojs.dekalbga.org/

I hope this link works. It will ask you to choose a type of User. I chose other individual. The tabs at the top of the page you will be taken to are the searches available. Make sure you change the case status or inmate status to "all", and leave the date range blank.

darn - must have missed most of it. I had to download an update :furious:

I did hear that they came down off the mountain at about 6 am. And the SO is compiling a list of volunteers, as well as several tips rolled in about GMH.

Can anyone inform me if there were any other points made other than what I seen?

Thanks!

9 degrees without wind chill last night in the area. Cold is affecting some of the search teams.

LE is looking into why the witness felt the need to take down Hilton's license plate.

15 teams involved in SAR effort. Searching off trails in in ravines, caves.

Spokesperson had not heard anything about a connection to the Bryant case. The reporter's question was the first she had heard of the connection, so it doesn't appear LE is looking into this possibility.

I wonder if they have found out who the hiking partner was supposed to be that she got into an argument with??
I believe if something was done to her while on the trail, injured or possibly killed they would have found something by now......

I wonder if they have found out who the hiking partner was supposed to be that she got into an argument with??
I believe if something was done to her while on the trail, injured or possibly killed they would have found something by now......

I totally agree. It's only a 6-mile long trail and with dog search teams especially, you would have thought they'd found something by now. But they have 15 SAR teams comprised of between 2-11 persons each, so they have some reason to think she's out there somewhere. I wish they'd share that reason with us.

What I can't get through my head is this:

It appears that the trail area was relatively crowded that day, given all the eyewitnesses that saw the van, saw Hilton and Meredith speaking, etc, that a 60-year-old man getting a grown woman into a van (whether or not she was incapacitated in some way) would be incredibly difficult without being spotted. Plus, add in the possibility that an angry dog (Ella) was involved, you would think someone would have heard barking. Unless, of course, the dog was incapacitated as well. It just doesn't fully add up to me. Something's off.

has anything else about the boyfriend of Meredith been mentioned? problems w/the relationship, etc. ???
and Ella the dog may have been fine if she was playing another dog - might not have realized anything was wrong - I have 2 black labs and if there are other dogs around they could care less about me - they want to play!

has anything else about the boyfriend of Meredith been mentioned? problems w/the relationship, etc. ???
and Ella the dog may have been fine if she was playing another dog - might not have realized anything was wrong - I have 2 black labs and if there are other dogs around they could care less about me - they want to play!
The only media mention of Emerson's boyfriend is here: http://www.cbs46.com/news/14967983/detail.html?rss=lnta&psp=news and nothing but his name and a quote is given. Kind of odd, but LE must have no reason to think he had anything to do with her disappearance.

I don't have dogs, but I sometimes think that dogs sense tension and fear, especially from their owners and may react, especially a dog like Ella that seems to be very devoted to Meredith.

9 degrees without wind chill last night in the area. Cold is affecting some of the search teams.

LE is looking into why the witness felt the need to take down Hilton's license plate.

15 teams involved in SAR effort. Searching off trails in in ravines, caves.

Spokesperson had not heard anything about a connection to the Bryant case. The reporter's question was the first she had heard of the connection, so it doesn't appear LE is looking into this possibility.

That was what I asked yesterday. What was hinky enough that they made a note of the license plate?

The only media mention of Emerson's boyfriend is here: http://www.cbs46.com/news/14967983/detail.html?rss=lnta&psp=news and nothing but his name and a quote is given. Kind of odd, but LE must have no reason to think he had anything to do with her disappearance.

I don't have dogs, but I sometimes think that dogs sense tension and fear, especially from their owners and may react, especially a dog like Ella that seems to be very devoted to Meredith.

True....maybe if he did something it was when the dogs ran off together as they were going after them - then he rounded them up and got them in the van????
gosh I hate this! my husband and I used to hike all the time in WV and always came across very nice and friendly people - i never once felt scared....I live in Huntington WV so I am also into the Leah Hickman case! So scary!!!!!!!

Another thing that crossed my mind - if this guy looked weathered and like he had been on the trail - why would he have a car there?? or was he maybe returning from a long hike?

Another thing that crossed my mind - if this guy looked weathered and like he had been on the trail - why would he have a car there?? or was he maybe returning from a long hike?

Excellent point, Jenny. I hadn't thought of that.

Here's a question for anyone following this case: are the person spotted with the leg sheath/baton and Gary Michael Hilton the same person? I'm a little confused on that point. If Hilton wasn't the same guy with the baton, and the baton was found with Meredith's belongings later on, why is LE focused on Hilton?

I thought I read/heard something about a partial tag/plate matched picked up by sometype of camera/survelliance etc? I probably misheard, but that's what I thought, and it made sense, because I couldn't figure out how they came to find him out that quickly.

BUT on another note? I have written down plate numbers on vehicles that "just didn't seem right" but didn't know if it was me being overly paranoid etc. I'll write down plate number, brf description of vehicle as well as a brf (basically size//wght/race and sometimes clothing if it's out of the ordinary)

Never had to use them luckily, but maybe it was something like that for someone? I can't figure out how the person put GMH in with the mini van directly, unless he was seen entering/exiting it?

That's why I thought the partial plate thing rang true...can deduce from there an owners description based on who it is registered to. Could have came up a dead end (Him driving someone else's vehicle etc) But they seem to have "lucked" out for lack of better phrasing.

Excellent point, Jenny. I hadn't thought of that.

Here's a question for anyone following this case: are the person spotted with the leg sheath/baton and Gary Michael Hilton the same person? I'm a little confused on that point. If Hilton wasn't the same guy with the baton, and the baton was found with Meredith's belongings later on, why is LE focused on Hilton?

I thought they were focused on him more because he was the last person seen w/ her...Not necessarily as "What the hell did you do with her?" But more of a "What were your conversations about, did she talk about going anywhere else on the trail, do you know what her plans were, her state of mind etc"

But everything I've read has stated he's NOT a suspect (although, we know how quickly that can change!) but a person of an interest to see if speaking w/ him can give insight on where she might have went to. IE did they discuss a trail, he mentioned one and she did the thing of "Ooh, I'll have to check that out sometime" etc.

My concern is, if she was angry for whatever reason, vs going back, did she extend her trip a bit..take a different trail etc, and did in fact get injured/stranded, with the weather moving in. However, since she was not in communication w/ anyone, noone knows the change in location, and therefore isn't searching in the correct area...

(I'll sometimes extend my trip somewhere by running into a couple different stores, take a different route home etc, to "delay" whatever it is that is aggravating/upsetting me. Since hiking seemed to be a big thing to her, I"m wondering if it wasn't some sort of "release" and she would do more of it, especially if she were having a good time, enjoying the day, doing some thinking and so on.) Again, please noone interpret this as I'm stating she did something wrong or whatnot..Im just trying to give a bit background to further explain my concern from the previous paragraph.

Hope someone decipher all that - it's a bit of a run on. Haven't had morning caffeine/nicotine just yet!!!:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back