GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dang, I was afraid that would happen. I don't want to copy and paste the info, just in case it's not him and just in case he's not criminally involved in this case.

Good point. I would wait too until we have more info from LE.

Should I copy and past the info if it lets me?

I wouldn't. Innocent until proven guilty (or at least until the majority of evidence points to him). Others may feel differently, but WS is a well-read website by media and family members. Good find, though!!

I'm going to copy and past to word for future reference. But I'm finding alot of stuff on this guy. Seems to have kept his nose clean the past 10 years or so. Or he got smarter. Let's just say LE is probably aware of this guy. Since 1979 thefts of several types, hit and run, arson, drug posession,

I posted these pics on the other thread, and in case it is closed, I'll post them here as well. You can see that this is out in a National Forest, I believe. The Blood Mountain trail seems to break off from the Appalachian Trail. The visitor center is probably to the right of the parking area. Most of the trees would be leafless now, although some of them are pine trees I'm sure.:

AppalachianTrail-MeredithEmerson-1.jpg

AppalachianTrail-MeredithEmersonMap.jpg

She could have fallen down a hill - people are always doing that in the mountains in winter because it's easy to trip on vines or briars. There wouldn't be any large animals around in the weather we've had lately - frigidly cold with wind. Bears would be hibernating, but there could be wild boars around, and coyotes. Other animals are all much smaller, except for deer.

There's something very suspicious about this whole thing. Was she meeting someone there?

I'm going to copy and past to word for future reference. But I'm finding alot of stuff on this guy. Seems to have kept his nose clean the past 10 years or so. Or he got smarter. Let's just say LE is probably aware of this guy. Since 1979 thefts of several types, hit and run, arson, drug posession,

Suz, can you direct me on where to go/what I did wrong to access the site? I couldn't find anywhere to seach just the general links...Thanks in advance!

Sounds like they're gathering evidence on this Hilton guy possibly being a serial killer.
They should send a decoy onto the trail to see if he appears.... I am keeping close tabs on this story. I am wondering where the dog is...
MG

Suz, can you direct me on where to go/what I did wrong to access the site? I couldn't find anywhere to seach just the general links...Thanks in advance!

I think I just got lucky and went to the right place. I'm copying everything to Word right now as things seem to go poof. I'll come back when I'm done (I've only searched two counties so far) and figure out how to get everyone the info without getting into trouble. BRB.

PS. This case is getting scary, IMO.

ETA: I bet GBI locks his records soon.

I live within minutes of the AT in three different directions and very near Damascus, VA (supposedly the only town directly on the Trail) where they have Trail Days every May. I have gotten to know several thru-hikers at the campground where we stay. This is just awful - if there is any possiblity of her not being a victim of foul play, I don't see how anyone could survive with the weather the last few days where she is.

I don't really have anything to add except I wish I could go help search.

This is looking bad. I had hoped she had just gotten lost, but now I'm fearing the worst.

I think I just got lucky and went to the right place. I'm copying everything to Word right now as things seem to go poof. I'll come back when I'm done (I've only searched two counties so far) and figure out how to get everyone the info without getting into trouble. BRB.

PS. This case is getting scary, IMO.

ETA: I bet GBI locks his records soon.

Suze,

When you get back and see this please check your pm's!

Thanks,
Lisa

My source happened to be a regular reader of my blog, so it must have been really strange to see her friend in an entry there.

Steve/Mr. A

That's actually a fear of mine and probably for many of your readers! Thanks for the info. So if this guy was still hanging around the next morning, and if he's involved, then whatever happened probably happened very near there. I would think he'd be crazy to hang around that long.

I wonder if Hilton and the baton dude is one and the same.

Looking at this case objectively, it doesn't not seem strange to me that Meredith would be seen talking and hiking with Gary Hilton (61 years old; he may have stamina, more so than strength if he is an avid hiker). I've went hiking before (never alone) and i've brought my dog many times (she is one that i would never let off the leash). On many hikes, we've encountered others hiking with dogs also, some taking a spot right next to us to swim with their dogs. I could see Meredith having a conversation with Hilton, as they both had there dogs in common and for conversation. Many people let their dogs off the leash hiking, yet never take the collar off. If the dog is welled trained enough, they let them off the leash.
I've also seen many people carry things sticklike in nature hiking (even many cases walking down the street) in case they have to fend off an attacker or animal attacking.

Hilton's garb doesn't seem unrealistic to me. It sounds like having been an avid hiker, he set out preparing for all sorts of scenarios. The backpack seems to be described as the large camping/hiking style ones that almost have the metal rack for your back and a sleeping bag attachment. The yellow jacket (also common in the elderly's couple case) is practical to wear while hiking, as it provides high visibility in case of bad weather or hunters. Would a person suspect in both cases be stupid enough to wear a similiar jacket? Hilton has a rap sheet, yet has been clean for the past 10 years. With him having a backpack that large on and his age and stature (6 feet yet 160lbs, is smaller size for his frame) i don't imagine it would be easy for him to win a fight against Meredith weighted down. Hilton was also lingering around that area, many people would have spotted him in bright yellow and with his dog. It's not like he was trying to blend in or not be spotted. He appeared not to care. Anything is possible, i'm just throwing some things out into the open here.

Then there's the ex cop witness. He got a funny feeling about seeing Meredith and Hilton hiking together. Well from his cop experience, wouldn't it make sense to trail them or engage in conversation and hike with them if he was so suspicious about them? I agree with Reb on this..
Then to top things off later the ex cop witness finds the items at the scene and turns them in. Did he not think for a second after his gut was at first telling him something wasn't right that he was destroying a potential crime scene? Not to mention did he have gloves on or was he barehanded, as his prints would then be on the evidence turned in, or could have messed up the prints already on the items found. The baton found was ASP available only to law enforcement. Also, at what points did the excop witness see Meredith and the hiker? If he saw them while hiking, got an uneasy feeling since the man was carrying a police baton and was obviously not a cop, why didn't he follow them??!! Then when returns to the parking area he sees the items by the car. Did anyone else see Hilton with a baton? Any other witnesses?

I don't believe Meredith is still on the mountain. With Ella's leash being found near the car and the water bottle.. She seems to love Ella, and i doubt she would just leave the leash behind, and then start hiking. I think whoever kidnapped her, waited until she got to the car, grabbed her, either set Ella off the leash.. I am glad to hear Ella is microchipped, i think Ella is a huge part of this case and will help solve it. I wonder if Meredith was abducted and is somewhere around the county area, will Ella attempt to make it to her? Being a dog owner myself, there is such devotion..

I know that the yellow jackets are similiar in the two cases; yet would a person involved in both stick around the same area and wear the same style/color jacket? That seems like pure stupidity to me.
Then we have the ex cop muddling up the crime scene when he thought it suspicious to begin with..
Something doesn't fit here..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back