GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bears shouldn't be around now, but can they?
Thinking outside the box......:twocents:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14964662/detail.html

Snip -

Police say they want to talk to Gary Michael Hilton about missing hiker Meredith Emerson.

Late Thursday officials said they believe the man seen with Emerson was Gary Michael Hilton, a DeKalb County resident. Union County officials are asking anyone with information on Hilton's whereabouts to give them a call. It's possible Hilton is driving a 2000-2001 white Chevy Astro van with DeKalb County plate AFQ 1310.

Pic is at link

Im going to try to copy/paste it though

14973830.jpg

I did a quick search on Georgia Dept of Corrections site, played w/ the name a bit, and didn't pull anything up. BUT if this guy is a regular hiker not from the area, that wouldn't surprise me much. Wondering if I should check the states that the trail runs through? Anyone know them off the top of their heads w/o looking at the maps?

People in that area - PLEASE keep your eyes open for this vehicle, if nothing else, he can provide insight to what part of the trail they were on etc.

^^that's weird. I just clicked the link again and got the slideshow. It's 7 pictures from ajc.com

I'll see if I can find another link.

The friend of Meredith's said that there are dogs searching on the mountain now. Her husband is still there and their other friends have been sent home for the evening.

This is extremely important as this may well have been an abduction. If anyone recognizes this man please call GBI or the police in Union County. Her life could be in the balance.

This is extremely important as this may well have been an abduction. If anyone recognizes this man please call GBI or the police in Union County. Her life could be in the balance.

Concerned -

On page 4 of the thread there's a pic of him too.
There is also another plate number they've released as well as the county the plates/tags are registered to -

Snip -

Police said he was last seen driving a white Chevy Astro van. Hilton has a 1996 white van with license plate number 76APZ and a 2001 white van with plate number AFQ1310, both DeKalb County registered, police said.

I agree anyone out there who lives in the area or surrounding area please please please keep your eyes open!

They are discussing this currently on the show if anyone is interested in watching it. I missed the first half hour or so of the show, but will do some quick notes on the rest.

I have a gut feeling she was taken away from the trail. Most abductors/rapists are not going to do what they do in a very uncomfortable environment, right? And if it was that cold there at the time, he probably took her somewhere else. Also why else would the police baton and sunglasses be left by her car? I wish they had said- were the items placed there neatly or did it seem like they were tossed on the ground in a hurry (as if a struggle had taken place)? That to me seems very important. Also, was it ever determined if they were her sunglasses? And have they done a background check on him? Does he have a record?

Roommate is reporting that she's been hiking the trail for 3 years and was only supposed to be out for a day hike. She did know it was going to be windy. States that searchers have been searching more treacherous terrain off the trails (typing and listening so this isn't verbatim)

Roommate is saying she's smart, and is aware of the dangers of strangers etc. Has a great mind, and would realize if something was out of sort. (concerning her conversations with the person of interest)

Union county has had dogs up there starting downhill and going north. Most other searches have started north coming downhill.

Nobody has been able to locate her cell phone and/or ID, they can't confirm or deny whether she had them on her person, but they have not been found in or around the car or at her home. Phone is currently going to voicemail. Stating with it being off, did someone take it, turn it off, and dump it, or it simply a factor of it being out of range/no signal.

Talking about the POI - He's a resident of an Atlanta suburb. They discovered him by the plate number that someone turned in. The picture released via the media is his current driver's license. He is NOT a suspect, but a person of interest.

Asking everyone to be on the lookout for both/either vehicle since it could be out of the area/state by now.

Roommate is reporting that she's been hiking the trail for 3 years and was only supposed to be out for a day hike. She did know it was going to be windy. States that searchers have been searching more treacherous terrain off the trails (typing and listening so this isn't verbatim)

Roommate is saying she's smart, and is aware of the dangers of strangers etc. Has a great mind, and would realize if something was out of sort. (concerning her conversations with the person of interest)

The baton referenced would be a debilitating blow if it was used even to the most experienced. What if she was wisked away in the van after he clubbed her? This means searchers are risking their own health and safety. I think it extremely important that they are looking for this Hilton man. I would be surprised if the searches on the mountain continue tomorrow given this info.

on commercial break right now -

but a couple articles are stating that investigators in another case in NC about a missing couple (one was found the other wasn't? Not familiar but maybe someone else is) the suspect that was recorded on video pulling money out of there account was wearing a yellow jacket.

The POI in Meredith's case was also wearing a yellow jacket w/ black patches.

Nothing certain, but being looked at.

Off of commercial break -

Sad to think you can't even go for a hike in a beautiful wooded park now, w/o some attacking you. Women especially, should never ever ever EVER go alone!!!

They are doing a 24 hour search now. The alerted the GBI and they have taken possession of Meridith's car.

Talking about the dogs. Since there are two other dogs involved they think/are hopeful that the dogs will pick up on one of them. Also looking for dog tracks.

Large reddish dog - stating setter/lab/mix etc. No definete breed known at this time.

Thinking that until tonight, POI may not have been aware he is being looked for...Stating he will hopefully contact police guilty or not, because everyone knows he is being looked for.

**note Im sorry I didn't grab names of those that were on the show. But when I'm stating "they" Im talking about the people being interviewed on the show**

Sad to think you can't even go for a hike in a beautiful wooded park now, w/o some attacking you. Women especially, should never ever ever EVER go alone!!!

It happened in Cobb County too. They caught the guy but the victim was murdered.

I agree with you Reb. It is very sad... I am female and I love to go on long walks alone with my dog. It's my time alone and I enjoy it. Unfortunately I am too scared to do that anymore. Hmmm are the criminals winning here?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt
Back