GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've written a brief blog entry about this -- nothing in it that'd be new to you all:

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/01/mysteriously-missing-from-blood.html

I will, however, be updating it as needed.

I'm contemplating heading up there, but don't know that I'll be able to. Especially since I might have to drive a white minivan, and even though I'm only 40 and have red hair, that'd still get me stopped at this point in the investigation, dontcha think?

Steve/Mr. A

For gods sake, don't take a red haired dog with you. :eek:

Didn't she have a cell phone? Its PING time..........

let me go find a comment on Topix. A friend said it was fully charged and that Emerson went alone because she had an arguments with her hiking buddy. Things that make you go hmmmm.

let me go find a comment on Topix. A friend said it was fully charged and that Emerson went alone because she had an arguments with her hiking buddy. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Another thing that struck me: Huff's newest entry (see post above) gives a link to her Myspace (which is private). But her mood is described as 'pissed off'. Last accessed the day before she disappeared.

Steve,

Thanks for getting this up on your site.

And to both you and Cwiz- Great link - Im on page two and can't believe the details/insight the folks have about the area/trail and just general info. Looks like I have about 9 more pages to go on the thread over there, if I find anything interesting, I'll post it here. That's ok right - just as long as I give the proper linking?

Interesting comments on Topix:

Mere being a good friend of mine I can say a few things in her defense: 1)She had hiked that trail before and knew it well. 2)She had a fully charged cell phone and Ella with her, along with all the appropriate equipment 3)She had no previously planned to go alone, but had an argument with her hiking buddy earlier that day, which may have clouded her judgment when she decided to go alone.
4)She went out at noon, on a sunny day, one the most well-traveled path there. It isn't like she was out alone walking her dog at night, something I see women doing every day.

Mere is one of the most intelligent women I know. She is smart, self-possessed, and independant. I was upset, too, when I found out she went alone. They even called me, since we like to get our dogs together, to see if I had gone with her.

come on people ,look at what is happing,white van dogs and a connection to uga, do you think something more scary is going on ,how about the rapes this fall around uga ? all involved a white van ,what about the 29 year old woman who has gone missing in athens last week? i beleive they said a white van was in athe area then also!

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/wxia/TFV655A9SHV07T215/p2

The media must get their story straight about the POI. Was he wearing a yellow jacket or carrying a yellow backpack? I've seen both reported.

Appalachian Trail enthusiasts have been following this story and have been posting about it here: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31279

If anyone would reconize the POI, it would probably be these folks.

Great find on that link! They would be in the know. The site is bogged down and I can't get in. I also can't get into Abc or Cbs atlanta. Anyone else having that problem?

Suze,

Im not entirely sure about the other situation you mention - BUT when you put it like that I have to step back and look at the old man again. Just wondering, even though it's a bit tall, it seems he would be awfully scrawny/frail doesn't it? Would a man of those stats have the strength?

It sounds as she was well prepared obviously - anyone know anything about the cell in question? Has it been found in her car? Or would her only being a "missing person" at this point create issues in obtaining proper paperwork to look at the incoming/outgoing call detail from her provider? Has anyone seen any coordinates of where the stuff was found compared to where has been known (or at least recalled to be known)/seen on the trail?

Great find on that link! They would be in the know. The site is bogged down and I can't get in. I also can't get into Abc or Cbs atlanta. Anyone else having that problem?

No problem getting onto CBS Atlanta. In fact, their story up now introduces Meredith's boyfriend (the first I'd heard of him) as Steve Segars.

The article also states that the baton was an ASP baton: http://www.asp-net.com/batons.html
"the most tactically sophisticated impact weapon currently available to law enforcement personnel."

For gods sake, don't take a red haired dog with you. :eek:

Forgot to mention that I have a mouthful of teeth, too. But I haven't owned a red dog for more than 25 years, so I'm good. I also own a 16-year-old Acura that's dark blue. I just don't know if it'd run in weather this cold. At least run well.

I don't think my editors at Radar would be interested in a story like this, but if you all can think of a magazine where I might try and pitch an editor, pm me or reach me via my blog.

Thx,

Steve/Mr. A

Im on the hikers site now - it was SLOW to load, but am having no problem loading the new pages.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31279&page=3

There's a link to page 3 of the thread, if you copy that and it takes (loads) delete the number "3" at the very end and put "1" there instead....It will take you to the 1st page of it. (Apologies if you already know that, it was a little trick DH taught me not too long ago)

Forgot to mention that I have a mouthful of teeth, too. But I haven't owned a red dog for more than 25 years, so I'm good. I also own a 16-year-old Acura that's dark blue. I just don't know if it'd run in weather this cold. At least run well.

I don't think my editors at Radar would be interested in a story like this, but if you all can think of a magazine where I might try and pitch an editor, pm me or reach me via my blog.

Thx,

Steve/Mr. A

Lol, I know you know how eye witnesses are. The red haired dog with the dude in the white van, will turn into the red haired dude in the white van. If you take the van make sure you smile and show alot of teeth. :D

Someone on the hiker's forum (whiteblaze forums I believe) brought up a good point. If this person did in fact do something to her on the trail - he would have had to drag her etc away/off the trail (a bit graphic i know)

Again, I can't picture a 60 year old man only weighing (by description) 160 doing that while having two dogs around. (Could be wrong, but I can't see him faking it w/ his dog as the descriptions are and then harming it) BUT -going on the idea above wouldn't that be easy for a trained S/R dog to pick up if they were put in the correct area?

Someone on the hiker's forum (whiteblaze forums I believe) brought up a good point. If this person did in fact do something to her on the trail - he would have had to drag her etc away/off the trail (a bit graphic i know)

Again, I can't picture a 60 year old man only weighing (by description) 160 doing that while having two dogs around. (Could be wrong, but I can't see him faking it w/ his dog as the descriptions are and then harming it) BUT -going on the idea above wouldn't that be easy for a trained S/R dog to pick up if they were put in the correct area?

If the dude is a killer who lives off the land I'm sure he'd have no problem making dividing her in to more manageable pieces.

Thx,

Steve/Mr. A

Might be interesting to borrow a red dog, or some red dog hairs for the passenger seat...see if GBI's on their toes! Don't know how you'd pass for 60 though.
Don't worry Steve, we'd vouch for ya'!
Wish I could go.

Susan

If the dude is a killer who lives off the land I'm sure he'd have no problem making dividing her in to more manageable pieces.

I agree but even with that scenario, there still should be some type of sign correct? Especially if there is snow on the ground. But here's where my thoughts are going -

If the area is as isolated/unpopulated as Im reading, a bunch of footprints/signs of a struggle/heavy traffic I'd imagine would be seen.

IF (again that nasty two letter word lol) it's managed to be stumbled upon by those searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back