GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK...let me get this straight. Meredith goes missing on Tuesday and GMH was the last one seen with her. Then, GMH is spotted again on Wednesday morning there at the trail.

Maybe, he came back to the trail to look for his baton and sunglasses?

He has a lot of bad history. Including arson. Which is one of the factors used in profiling. Of course, this is all preliminary..

DECATUR, Ga. -- The man police were lookig to question in the case of a missing Gwinnett County hiker was found Friday.

Police are expected to hold a press conference on the case Friday evening. Stay with CBS46.com for updates

http://www.cbs46.com/news/14983079/detail.html

Press conference late on a Friday evening? That's not good.

If GMH did do something, why would he come back, it makes no sense..?
If the ex cop is from around the area, did he know of GMH? maybe previously arrested him, since he has some criminal history?

"Gary Michael Hilton, 60, was found at a Chevron gas station in Dekalb County." at least he was found, now hopefully he can tell us something. I am still confused as to why an ex cop would move around items at a potential crime scene though, this is a bizarre case..

Has it been proven yet who the baton belonged to? And why did the X-cop notice so much detail about the old man? That is odd to me. When I go out walking or to the stores etc.. I pass people all the time and say hi but if you asked me two seconds later what their hair color was I probably couldnt tell ya... :waitasec:

DECATUR, Ga. -- The man police were lookig to question in the case of a missing Gwinnett County hiker was found Friday.

Police are expected to hold a press conference on the case Friday evening. Stay with CBS46.com for updates

http://www.cbs46.com/news/14983079/detail.html

At least he is alive and not a person of interest in the ex cop scenario.Maybe he can shed some light.

The person of interest in the disappearance of a hiker in the north Georgia mountains is in custody and is being questioned by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, police announced Friday evening.

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, was detained after a police officer spotted his van at a convenience store.
Investigators also have another piece of the puzzle: Meredith Emerson's black Labrador retriever, Ella, who walked into a grocery store Friday. The animal was positively identified through an embedded microchip.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/04/missing.hiker/index.html

At least he is alive and not a person of interest in the ex cop scenario.Maybe he can shed some light.

Thanks everyone for posting he has been found ...any light if the dog(s) are with him?

What channel could I find this on? (the presser?) Cnn?

I go afk for FIVE mins and look what happens ARGH!!!! Hoping this is the beginning to her coming home!!!!!!!!!!1

What grocery store? One in DeKalb would be be suspicious.

The person of interest in the disappearance of a hiker in the north Georgia mountains is in custody and is being questioned by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, police announced Friday evening.

Gary Michael Hilton, 61, was detained after a police officer spotted his van at a convenience store.
Investigators also have another piece of the puzzle: Meredith Emerson's black Labrador retriever, Ella, who walked into a grocery store Friday. The animal was positively identified through an embedded microchip.

I feel sick - like a punch in the gut......I didn't read this before posting my other response.

ok, how come he had the dog?

ok, how come he has the dog?

I didn't read it as he had the dog but that she wandered into a store. Does anyone know if when they state he's in custody and being questioned, is that just general talk or is he seriously "in custody" like as in detained and cannot leave on his own will?

I'm asking because one is way more ominous than the other. ella not being w/ Meredith doesn't sound good, considering the way people have spoken about the bond between the two of them.

:( Oh man I really need to go to bed but I am sitting here on pins and needles.

What grocery store? One in DeKalb would be be suspicious.

TV News update: The grocery store (where Emerson's dog was found) was "45 minutes away" from where Hilton was found.

Where is the grocery store where Ella (the dog) was found in relation to the hiking site?
Is Dekalb county the same area? I'm not familiar with Ga..

I think they just mean GMH is in police custody right now and being questioned. Otherwise i'd think they say that he was arrested.
I'm waiting to see what is said when the presser comes out..
Thank God Ella was microchipped.. i hope everyone starts microchipping their pets; my dog is microchipped.. you can usually get it done at the local vet's. It is a small nanotech chip that is injected subq i believe, with a hollow needle, so it is the same as getting a shot from the doctor.

TV News update: The grocery store (where the dog was found) was "45 minutes away" from where Hilton was found.

Thanks.
I got it wrong, misread(or it's my eyes) thought the dog followed him in the store....sry guys..:slap:

Oh - Pins and needles and a sick feeling in the gut. When was ella found in comparison to when GMH was found?

Can anyone give us an idea of how far both his found location and ellas found location (in miles) are from where they originally were last seen? PLEASE?

PS will they cut off larry king and shows like that on CNN to go live to a presser..or should I be watching a different channel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back