GA - Meredith Emerson, 24, Blood Mountain, 4 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully we hear soon about the witnesses connecting GMH and the guy in the Bryant's. At the very least if not connected, it can be ruled out.
Do they know how many different witnesses saw GMH with a baton?
It's hard to believe the actions of an ex cop wouldn't lead him to investigate it, is all. Most of us would be up and running making sure things were alright.

I've been gone all day and catching up. But so far it appears that came from the cop as well. Hmmmm.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/NEWS01/80104015/1257

Brevard – Despite the similarity of a yellow jacket, investigators say there does not appear to be a connection between a missing hiker in north Georgia and the killing of an elderly woman last fall in the Pisgah National Forest.

“We’re not ruling it out, but right now, it does not appear that it’s related whatsoever, other than they both happened on U.S. Forest Service (property),” U.S. Forest Service Special Agent Harold Young Jr. said Friday.

Thank you for the update. It breaks my heart everytime I see that picture of Emerson and Ella. It's just not fair that this happened to them.

I've been gone all day and catching up. But so far it appears that came from the cop as well. Hmmmm.

Oh good Lord, go figure. Someone please tell us why he is an ex cop? Is he a local or was he an officer somewhere else?

I would so love to have the name of that ex-cop......

I am with most of yall that there is something strange going on....
what ex-cop see's a girl, with a man talking to her, man has a holster/sheeth of some sort. The Ex-Cop get a strange enough feeling about the guy that he takes the time to write down the tag number???? But doesn't follow up until too late?

My question, and if anyone knows the answer....please let me know, I have missed some articles I am sure.

When did this Ex-Cop write down the tag number? I thought I had read when he came down the mountain he found the items and turned them in. Did he write the number down then(was the van still there then) which would be strange since the items were already dropped on the ground and he picked them up.

I also thought I read that he seen them on the trail or something to that sort, so he would had to have wrote it down after coming down the trail, which again if the items are already laying on the ground......why would the van still be there for him to write it down???

Strange......

Kel

Ex cop do something with both of them and that's why neither one of them has been found?

From the below linked article:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14964662/detail.html

An acquaintance of Gary Michael Hilton -- the "person of interest" -- told Channel 2 that she helped Hilton order an expandable baton like the one found near the missing hiker's car. She said he always had the baton with him.

So we now know GMH did own a baton. Here's my problem with this, why is GMH's stuff laying around as well?. Why would it and Emerson's stuff be left by her car? It's not like they were in the bush and hard to find. Why would a perp leave his stuff there? We also have the description of the man type sunglasses or are they the one's identified as Emerson's?

Whoa...with that? I'll go back up to the comment I posted before this one. Has this ex cop been investigated/checked out? This is starting to sound like a two missing person situation.

From the below linked article:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14964662/detail.html

An acquaintance of Gary Michael Hilton -- the "person of interest" -- told Channel 2 that she helped Hilton order an expandable baton like the one found near the missing hiker's car. She said he always had the baton with him.

So we now know GMH did own a baton. Here's my problem with this, why is GMH's stuff laying around as well?. Why would it and Emerson's stuff be left by her car? It's not like they were in the bush and hard to find. Why would a perp leave his stuff there? We also have the description of the man type sunglasses or are they the one's identified as Emerson's?

Interesting article. Hilton sounds displaced in most situations but found his niche in hiking and people he met hiking. Sounds like the baton was for protection when he went on his hikes. He represented that he had a short time to live, 6 years or less by what he told Barbara.She doesn't seem afraid or wary of him. Maybe he is a victim too. This case is developing layers.

Both GMH and Meredith need to be considered endangered missing persons. I think this ex cop did something to both of them. GMH was suffering from MS, for God's sake. The woman who got him the baton seems credible.
""I do know he has Multiple Sclerosis. He's in a lot of pain. He once told me he had about 6 years to live and that was a couple years ago and I was surprised when he told me he was going to go live in the woods cause that's a big step when you're ill,” said Barbara."

This explains his charges for marijuana, it has been experimented with in relieving pain in MS sufferers.
That's my guess as to why he had arrests related to it.
From this woman's accounts about GMH qoute:
"I'm surprised, I really am. He seemed to treat ladies very nicely, certainly me and the other secretary that worked here before, never had any problems, or got the feeling that you needed to be on guard."

Find the van..find all 4 of them?

Van's been taken and disposed of by someone who knows BOTH of their whereabouts? I know we've found a bunch of records on the POI, BUT at the same time, if he was truly trying to just "live out his life" he should be off the radar kwim?

Again, has anyone been able to locate ANYTHING about this ex officer? Is he local and being hidden by connections what?

A quick slightly O/T comment and then I've got to run. Does anyone remember the case of the husband found dead and his wife and her car gone? She was held captive for days and the whole time watched on TV LE looking for her as a suspect in her husbands murder. She got away somehow and the real perp was caught.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080104/NEWS01/80104015/1257

Brevard – Despite the similarity of a yellow jacket, investigators say there does not appear to be a connection between a missing hiker in north Georgia and the killing of an elderly woman last fall in the Pisgah National Forest.

“We’re not ruling it out, but right now, it does not appear that it’s related whatsoever, other than they both happened on U.S. Forest Service (property),” U.S. Forest Service Special Agent Harold Young Jr. said Friday.

Thank you.

Me too....:eek:

Whew - there's been a few of us kicking this stuff around on the sidelines wondering if we were being overreactive/overly cynical etc.

Glad to know that there's a few others out there that think something just ain't right in the kitchen lucy!

Was there time for the ex-cop to have done something to Meredith that perhaps GMH witnessed, so the ex-cop had to do something to him too?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back