Found Deceased GA - Nancy 'Renee' Eldridge, 25, Columbus, 4 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
is it possible she was heavily intoxicated the night she was raped and thought it was audi guy but was mistaken?

Cats, if Gray's DNA was in CODIS from his felony in Ohio after he got out of prison in 2003, then CPD or GBI could have sent the DNA profile to the FBI taken from the semen from her rape kit in March 2015. The FBI would have sent back the results back within a couple of months. Does anybody know if CPD or GBI sent the profile to CODIS to do a search? And, if they didn't and Gray's profile is actually in CODIS, then the cops could have prevented the murder. Instead, they kept Audi guy who they arrested in December 2014 as a subject of their investigation. In fact, he still is a subject of the investigation as far as I know to this day. This is why you listen to the victim, but you verify the story. These investigators sound like the CID investigators at Ft. Benning who take a vic's statement and don't ask any tough questions. I have heard reports that some pretty important people are huddling up down at the Columbus Government Center regarding this issue.

BBM
He is still the subject of their investigation even when DNA proved it wasn't him?

BBM
He is still the subject of their investigation even when DNA proved it wasn't him?

The lead investigator told me in an e-mail that the Audi guy could not be excluded as a suspect (even though the DA had the charge no billed in front of the grand jury). The investigator after another inquiry in May regarding this issue of him being a suspect causing him to be flagged by the military and not being paid, stated by e-mail: "Nevertheless, I will ensure this case is expedited as much as possible."

Audi guy is still flagged by the military because his command has not received word from CPD that he is no longer a suspect. So, as far as I know, he is still a suspect.

The big question is whether or not CPD could have done something to determine who the unknown subject is who left semen in Renee Eldridge's vagina on the night she says she was raped. Did they send the profile to the FBI to seek a match in CODIS? If they didn't, and there is a profile in CODIS that belongs to Stacey Gray, then somebody has a lot of explaining to do. A former sex crime investigator buddy from Atlanta told me that the FBI could determine a match within two months. If a match could have been made, then CPD could have gotten an arrest warrant in June, assuming Gray is the one who assaulted her in December.

is it possible she was heavily intoxicated the night she was raped and thought it was audi guy but was mistaken?
I have been wondering the same thing :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This story scared me so much!
The rape wasn't enough? And why she was alone at home, in the middle of the night, after that brutal assault? Poor girl...

His charges have been upgraded to Capital Murder and they are seeking the death penalty. Personally I think lethal injection is too nice.

what were the special circumstance charges? i know kidnapping but was she sexually assaulted again?

i think he was the one in december too. i hope they check DNA.

His charges have been upgraded to Capital Murder and they are seeking the death penalty. Personally I think lethal injection is too nice.

The charges are listed as Capital Murder Kidnapping Capital Murder rape.

From last month:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/article51999460.html

An area homicide took a surreal turn this year when court testimony revealed DNA testing showed a Columbus woman kidnapped here before she was found dead in a creek in Chambers County, Ala., had been raped by the homicide suspect but had accused someone else.

It was a bizarre twist in the Renee Eldridge case because murder suspect Stacey Gray was well known to her, having had a relationship with her mother. Yet authorities said she swore another man tied her up and raped her Dec. 22, 2014...

Chambers County prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in the case.

Soldier accused in previous attack of murdered Columbus woman fights to clear name

Last July, a young Columbus woman went missing. Nancy Eldridge, known to many as Renee, was found murdered less than a week after her troubling disappearance.

WTVM investigations found Eldridge had been assaulted months before, and police had arrested an Army soldier for the attack.

Turns out they had the wrong man.
(...)
Her mysterious disappearance sent loved ones and investigators into an urgent search for answers. Fear prompted some to zero in on a Fort Benning Sergeant First Class, who we are calling Joe to protect his identity.

"They were after me," said Joe.

Joe had been charged with raping Eldrige in December 2014, months before her disappearance.

"I didn't think I'd be the one going to jail for something I didn't do," said Joe.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31201070/...-murdered-columbus-woman-fights-to-clear-name

Man indicted of Renee Eldridge's murder pled not guilty Monday

A man indicted with capital murder and kidnapping charges last month appeared in court on Monday.

Stacey Gray, 45, was in court late Monday afternoon for his arraignment hearing, scheduled after his Feb. 12 indictment for the brutal rape and murder of Renee Eldridge in July 2015.

Gray faces capital murder and capital rape charges. He pled not guilty.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31406281/m...-guilty-monday

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back