Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 10

While CCPD continues to investigate the criminal investigations, Hadley said they are working on obtaining and executing additional search warrants.

"I anticipate us working through at least throughout the week," said Hadley. "At some point, we may have to sit down and re-evaluate where we're at if we've exhausted everything we can do. But we're a long ways from there."

OCT 10

While CCPD continues to investigate the criminal investigations, Hadley said they are working on obtaining and executing additional search warrants.

"I anticipate us working through at least throughout the week," said Hadley. "At some point, we may have to sit down and re-evaluate where we're at if we've exhausted everything we can do. But we're a long ways from there."

Throughout the week? ugh it seems like an eternity.

But wouldn't there be a child proof fence around the pool?
Some people like to get around this “inconvenience” by fencing around the whole yard, not just the pool. But those laws vary state by state I’m sure, and some pools can be “grandfathered in” if the pool has been there long enough- again, varies by state I’m sure, but that was the case for a friend of mine in MD 20 years ago. IMO

Yup, seen this a lot. Dual investigations, where they say they are looking at it as a missing persons case, and some sort of criminal act.

In the Gannon Stauch case, they made the same claim, despite knowing his stepmother was responsible from very early on. We knew it wasn't a missing persons case, just by how it was being handled.

This is playing out the same way.
I first heard the term "dual investigation" in Jenise W's 2014 case. The family ended up not being involved but a young acquaintance of the family did indeed murder her. I thought it was a brilliant approach as it reduces both wiggle room on an appeal and charges of tunnel vision by LE. And it also keeps focus on the possibility that the child really did just wander off. Ergo "dual."

IMO in Quinton's case LE is treading very deliberately and carefully in order to "dot their i's and cross their t's" as Chief Hadley said. Frustrating but probably the best move.

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED; corrected info in GRAY

~2019
Q's older brother, Z, born - current age "around 3" (18@1:35)

~Feb 2021
Q born - current age 20 months (14)

~Jul 2021 ("since Q was five months old")
GrandmaBJH awarded custody of Q and Q's older brother (14)

~Apr 2022 ("about six months ago")
SitterDM began watching Q & Z (9@0:28)

~summer 2022 ("within the past couple of months")
MomLS moved in with her mother GrandmaBJH (14)
MomLS gave birth to Q's younger sister (14)

Wed Sep 7
MomLS called police during argument with GrandmaBJH, during which MomLS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble and MomLS's brother stated that MomLS had history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
GrandmaBJH filed eviction notice for MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
GrandmaBJH left for 3-week work assignment in IL, hoping to get back before evicted daughter MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY move out (14)

around Mon Sep 26 - Sat Oct 1
MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY presumably received eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

Tue Oct 4
SitterDM watched Q & Z, who then went home that night (9@0:30)

WEDN OCT 5: LAST REPORTED SIGHTING / DAY ONE OF SEARCH
search incl. residence & neighborhood - drone, K9, dive team, helicopter

• 5:29AM - SitterDM received text [from MomLS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9@0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by MomsBoyfriendDY (14) when he left for work that morning (22) and by MomLS, who told police she saw him in his playpen (25@0:45); According to StepGrandpaTH (who owns the house but was out of town; GrandmaBJH was still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: MomLS, MomsBoyfriendDY, 3 kids, MomsBrother (7)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM received text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she'd seen them, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03)
  • [TIME?] - GrandmaBJH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from SitterDM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17@2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by MomLS (1) who said he'd been in his playpen (5)
  • 9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)
  • 12:34PM - CCPD state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - CCPD state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 2:48PM - CCPD state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)
  • around 3PM - StepGrandpaTH arrived home from out of town (16@0:02)
  • 3:33PM - ChiefJH met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)
  • 6:52PM - CCPD state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7) - possibly to search pool, which is included in later list of locations searched within first five days (25@0:55)
  • 10:08PM - CCPD state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)
  • [TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10@1:15)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & CCPD search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • PM - LE cruiser remained on scene at residence overnight (14)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted BioDad and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10@0:34), despite MomLS telling StepGrandpaTH that BioDad came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6: DAY TWO
search incl. neighborhood, trash cans, sheds on grandparents' other property, "other locations" - ATVs

• 2:00AM - Search ended for night (17@1:35)
  • 3:30AM - GrandmaBJH arrived home (16@0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 5:53AM - CCPD states no overnight developments (3)
  • 8:00AM - Searching resumed (17@1:35)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including SitterDM's (12) and locked sheds on StepGrandpaTH's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18@0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - GrandmaBJH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16@1:09)
  • AM - ChiefJH states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17@0:35)
  • AM - Neighbors claim MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY returned to residence that morning after questioning (19)
  • 6:00PM - arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)
  • PM - BioDad on his way from out of town to help search (18@1:50)

Fri Oct 7: DAY THREE
search incl. phone data, ponds with waders and poles

• 10:00AM - ChiefJH gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • 2:00PM - search continues; pond searched with waders & poles (21)
  • [TIME] ReporterBB(WSAV) requests bodycam video from responding officers to the missing persons call (28) - xrf Mon Oct 10
Sat Oct 8: DAY FOUR
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)
Sun Oct 9: DAY FIVE
  • 9:34AM - CCPD update on SM - "re-canvassing some specific areas" along with FBI (24)
  • 2:03PM - CCPD update on SM with poster & tip line (26)
Mon Oct 10: DAY SIX
  • 8:58AM - CCPD update on SM - "no overnight developments," will have presser at 2PM (27)
  • 10:53AM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts that request for body cam footage has been denied by county attorney "due to an ongoing criminal prosecution and investigation" (28) - xref Fri Oct 7
  • 12:10AM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts that county attorney claims clerical error on previous statement, now held "due to ongoing law enforcement investigation" (29) - xref Fri Oct 7
  • 1:21PM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts video of LE with "at least 11 police cars" using a pump to drain the pool at the residence. (30)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post (Oct 5)
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(10) WSAV FB video (Oct 5)
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(23) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 8)
(24) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)
(25) Search for Missing Toddler Quinton Simon enters fifth day, VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 9)
(26) ChathamCounty PD FB post (Oct 9)
(27) ChathamCounty PD FB psot (Oct 10)
(28) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(29) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10
(30) @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)

MY NOTES/OBSERVATIONS:
I was going to wait until the presser to post an updated timeline, but then I saw that LE is draining the swimming pool. I wonder if this is just them covering all their bases before the presser? They'd already searched the pool with divers, but it seems that with it being murky, something could easily be missed, so I'm glad they're being thorough.
ETA: FWIW, I think a decomposing body would have risen to the surface by now, but maybe they'll find other evidence?
Thank you so much for putting this together and keeping it updated.

I have not seen which Mods are in this thread so I am just going to tag Mods or report post as I think this would be Great to have PINNED to the front page of threads for Little Quinton.

@Sillybilly @MadMcGoo @CocoChanel

Would it be possible to PIN this timeline to 1st Page, please ??
It it being updated and a great resource from @wnk
Thank you as always for all you do !!

Throughout the week? ugh it seems like an eternity.
I know there will be stuff going on behind the scenes we are not aware of but Im not seeing a sense of urgency that you would expect in finding a missing baby. The searches seem to have scaled down to specific locations, they don't want/need volunteers searching every bit of the area and it makes me think the worst.
MOO

I know there will be stuff going on behind the scenes we are not aware of but Im not seeing a sense of urgency that you would expect in finding a missing baby. The searches seem to have scaled down to specific locations, they don't want/need volunteers searching every bit of the area and it makes me think the worst.
MOO
100%

~2019

~Feb 2021

Wed Sep 7
MomLS called police during argument with GrandmaBJH, during which MomLS stated she was on probation and didn't want trouble and MomLS's brother stated that MomLS had history of stealing to buy drugs (22)

Thu Sep 8
GrandmaBJH filed eviction notice for MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY, stating that they damaged her property (22)

Fri Sep 16
Sheriff's office mailed MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

sometime in Sep 2022
GrandmaBJH left for 3-week work assignment in IL, hoping to get back before evicted daughter MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY move out (14)

MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY presumably received eviction notice from GrandmaBJH (14)

Tue Oct 4

• 5:29AM - SitterDM received text [from MomLS (22)] that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9@0:44)
  • 6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) by MomsBoyfriendDY (14) when he left for work that morning (22) and by MomLS, who told police she saw him in his playpen (25@0:45); According to StepGrandpaTH (who owns the house but was out of town; GrandmaBJH was still driving in from out of state), people at home at the time: MomLS, MomsBoyfriendDY, 3 kids, MomsBrother (7)
  • 9:00AM - SitterDM received text [from a grandparent (22)] asking if she'd seen them, but when she went to residence to help search, she was turned away (9@1:03)
  • [TIME?] - GrandmaBJH learned about Q's disappearance from phone call from SitterDM (14)
  • 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17@2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by MomLS (1) who said she "woke up, her door was open... thinks someone came in and took him" (32@0:13)
  • 12:34PM - CCPD state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)
  • 2:04PM - CCPD state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)
  • 3:33PM - ChiefJH met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)
  • 6:52PM - CCPD state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)
  • [TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7) - possibly to search pool, which is included in later list of locations searched within first five days (25@0:55)
  • PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & CCPD search home with flashlights & cameras (8)
  • [TIME?] - LE contacted BioDad and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10@0:34), despite MomLS telling StepGrandpaTH that BioDad came and picked him up (7)
  • [TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

search incl. neighborhood, trash cans, sheds on grandparents' other property, "other locations" - ATVs

• 3:30AM - GrandmaBJH arrived home (16@0:03) but with crime scene tape up had to stay in motel (14)
  • 10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including SitterDM's (12) and locked sheds on StepGrandpaTH's other property (15)
  • around 11:00 AM - FBI returned to residence after sweep of neighborhood (18@0:54)
  • 11:11AM - LE is "obtaining other search warrants at other locations today" (13)
  • AM - GrandmaBJH, who was working out of town in IL, states in phone interview with media "I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times" (14), states on camera, "I don't know what to believe right now... I don't know if I can trust her" (16@1:09)
  • AM - ChiefJH states at presser that they are conducting interviews and "downloading phones and things of that nature" today (17@0:35)
  • AM - Neighbors claim MomLS and MomsBoyfriendDY returned to residence that morning after questioning (19)
  • 6:00PM - arguing is heard throughout the day, including at 6PM as recorded in VIDEO @ timestamp 1:30 (19)

• 10:00AM - ChiefJH gives update as part of Chatham County Commission Meeting - exhausted grid search; still investigating collected phone data and other avenues; still being assisted by FBI (20)
  • [TIME] ReporterBB(WSAV) requests bodycam video from responding officers to the missing persons call (28) - xrf Mon Oct 10
  • 8:09AM - CCPD update on SM - still searching along with FBI, no need of volunteers (23)
  • 9:34AM - CCPD update on SM - "re-canvassing some specific areas" along with FBI (24)
  • 8:58AM - CCPD update on SM - "no overnight developments," will have presser at 2PM (27)
  • 10:53AM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts that request for body cam footage has been denied by county attorney "due to an ongoing criminal prosecution and investigation" (28) - xref Fri Oct 7
  • 12:10AM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts that county attorney claims clerical error on previous statement, now held "due to ongoing law enforcement investigation" (29) - xref Fri Oct 7
  • 1:21PM - ReporterBB(WSAV) posts video of LE with "at least 11 police cars" using a pump to drain the pool at the residence. (30)
  • 2:28PM - ChiefJH spoke at police presser: over 40 FBI agents supporting investigation as requested by CCPD (31@0:40) - "don't have anything confirmed... looking at criminal investigation aspect" but "everybody is being looked at" (31@1:54) - went back to re-search home today (31@3:53) - "can't answer" if family members continue to be cooperative (31@5:30) - do not know where MomLS & MomsBoyfriendDY are currently but ChiefJH believes they have been staying at residence (31@5:53) - feels they have gotten further along in investigation but can't give specifics (31@7:25) - BioDad not a suspect (31@9:06)
  • 3:08PM - Chatham Fire Dept at residence with hose trucks, presumably to assist in draining swimming pool (33)
  • 4:06PM - Police and First Responders have left residence (33)
  • 4:32PM - Q's family has returned to residence, declines to speak to journalist (33)
SOURCES
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood (APNews - Oct 5)
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues (Fox5 - Oct 5)
(6) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(7) Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child (WSAV - Oct 5)
(8) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(11) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(14) Search continues for Chatham Co. toddler last seen Wednesday morning (WTOC - Oct 6)
(15) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(16) Grandparents comment on missing Chatham County toddler VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(17) Chatham County Police Chief gives update on missing toddler search VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 6)
(18) Reporter @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(19) Toddler Missing More Than 40 Hours, Neighbors Hear Arguments... (WSAV - Oct 6)
(20)
Chatham County Police enters 3rd day in search for missing toddler, Quinton Simon (Fox28 - Oct 7)
(21) Grandparents plead for answers as search for missing Chatham County toddler enters third day (WJCL - Oct 7)
(22) Timeline: What has happened since 20-month-old Quinton Simon went missing (WSAV - Oct 7)
(25) Search for Missing Toddler Quinton Simon enters fifth day, VIDEO (WJCL - Oct 9)
(28) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(29) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10
(30) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(31) ChathamCounty PD FB VIDEO (Oct 10)
(32) Search for missing Georgia toddler Quinton Simon continues VIDEO (NBC - Oct 10)
(33) Reporter @sheaschrader tweet thread (Oct 10)

~2019

~Feb 2021

Wed Sep 7

Thu Sep 8

Fri Sep 16

sometime in Sep 2022

Tue Oct 4

• 9:30AM (14) 9:39AM (17@2:55) - Reported missing to authorities by MomLS (1) who said she "woke up, her door was open... thinks someone came in and took him" (32@0:13)

• 2:28PM - ChiefJH spoke at police presser: over 40 FBI agents supporting investigation as requested by CCPD (31@0:40) - "don't have anything confirmed... looking at criminal investigation aspect" but "everybody is being looked at" (31@1:54) - went back to re-search home today (31@3:53) - "can't answer" if family members continue to be cooperative (31@5:30) - do not know where MomLS & MomsBoyfriendDY are currently but ChiefJH believes they have been staying at residence (31@5:53) - feels they have gotten further along in investigation but can't give specifics (31@7:25) - BioDad not a suspect (31@9:06)
  • 3:08PM - Chatham Fire Dept at residence with hose trucks, presumably to assist in draining swimming pool (33)
  • 4:06PM - Police and First Responders have left residence (33)
  • 4:32PM - Q's family has returned to residence, declines to speak to journalist (33)
SOURCES
(6) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(8) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 5)
(9) WSAV3 video (Oct 5)
(11) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(12) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(13) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(15) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 6)
(18) Reporter @SarahWinkelmann tweet including VIDEO (WTOC - Oct 6)
(20)
(28) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(29) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10
(30) Reporter @BrettWSAV tweet (Oct 10)
(31) ChathamCounty PD FB VIDEO (Oct 10)
(32) Search for missing Georgia toddler Quinton Simon continues VIDEO (NBC - Oct 10)
(33) Reporter @sheaschrader tweet thread (Oct 10)
BS received a text from the boyfriend at 5:29 am.
She received another text at 9 a.m. from from the bf. Watch the video of the interview with the babysitter, whom I think is more credible. It is the second interview with the bs posted. I really appreciate you doing the timeline but please check the data.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member