Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say the grandfather was at the home??
good catch. this indicates he and his wife were not present in the home although they appear to own it.

This has been a nightmare, for him. Howell was out of town when he got the news and his wife is still driving in from out of state. The house, surrounded by crime scene tape, is owned by Howell and his wife.

“My stepdaughter, her boyfriend, three kids and her brother,” Howell said were inside the home when Quinton went missing.
Chatham County police, neighbors search for missing 20-month-old child

Based on the grandfather's statements in this arcticle - The Howells may reside there with the mom, boyfriend, brother and other children but were not there that morning - or just as possible, they own the property the stepdaughter and others live on but do not themselves reside there.

Thanks for catching that! I'd misread that just the grandmother was out of town, but you're right, both the grandfather (who owns the home) and grandmother were out of town at the time. Corrected on the timeline!
Also, I am wondering if the grandparents own the home and live there, too, or if it is a rental. And who ACTUALLY lives there full time (mother's boyfriend, brother, etc) ...

Put together a TIMELINE with sources for reference

Tue Oct 4
Babysitter DM watched Q & Z (9)

Wedn Oct 5
5:29AM - Babysitter DM received text that she would not be babysitting Q & Z that morning (9)

6:00AM - LAST REPORTED SIGHTING (1) - people at home at the time: grandfather TH, mother, mother's boyfriend, 3 kids, mother's brother (7)

9:00AM - Reported missing by mother (1) who said he was in his playpen (5); Babysitter DM receives text asking if she's seen them, but when she tried to help search, she was turned away (9)

9:42AM - LE dispatched to residence (1), searched home (4)

12:34PM - LE state they are searching area on foot with a drone and K9 unit (1)

2:04PM - LE state they are shutting down Chatham Parkway, Louis B Mills, and Buckhalter Rd to continue search (1)

2:48PM - LE state that Buckhalter Rd was reopened (1)

3:33PM - LE state that Chief met with media - nothing to indicate abduction; "does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating"; have responded to two calls for service at the home in the last two years (neither for missing child) (2)

5:58PM - @BrettWSAV states FBI assisting (6)

6:52PM - LE state ground search continues; plan to search with helicopter and heat-seeking tech (2)

[TIME?] - Dive team also on scene (7)

10:08PM - LE state 75 LE officers and volunteers combed area (2)

[TIME?] - LE secured search warrant for residence (10)

PM - FBI Evidence Response Team & Chatham County Police search home with flashlights & cameras (8)

[TIME?] - LE contacted bio father and "did not believe he was involved" (4) due to the fact he "works very much, very north of here" (10), despite Q's mom telling Q's grandfather that Q's father came and picked him up (7)

[TIME?] - neighbors state they'd seen Q out wandering the home and street in the past (7)

Thur Oct 6
5:53AM - LE states no overnight developments (3)

10:11AM - FBI on scene with ATVs (11), searching trash cans in neighborhood including babysitter's (12)

SOURCES
(1) ChathamCountyPD FB post
(2) ChathamCountyPD FB post
(3) ChathamCountyPD FB post
(4) Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood
(5) Search for toddler missing from coastal Georgia neighborhood continues
(6) @BrettWSAV tweet
(7) WSAV.com article
(8) @BrettWSAV tweet
(9) WSAV3 video
(10) WSAV FB post
(11) @BrettWSAV tweet
(12) @BrettWSAV tweet

According to https://twitter.com/BrettWSAV Twitter, LE is searching the Babysitter's property and people's trash cans.

I doubt the babysitter is involved in Q's disappearance. A majority of the time, it is the bio-parent or the bio parent's boyfriend/girlfriend.

I would like to know if the mother's boyfriend, actually lives there, or if he stays there occasionally.

The interview with the babysitter is heartbreaking.

The fact that she babysat the day before is reassuring as we have an outside person giving us confirmation this baby was alive the day before.

However, every.other.thing seems all too familiar. :(

Hoping they find baby Quinton today.

Short interview with the babysitter for Quinton and his sibling. She received a text at 5:29am saying that she wouldn't be babysitting today -- then she received another text at 9:00am asking if she had seen Quinton.

Well, at least we know when and who last saw him and his brother. And then of course the report to 911. Narrows timeline and it just breaks my heart for the horrors the most innocent amongst us go through at the hands of adults…..

The interview with the babysitter is heartbreaking.

The fact that she babysat the day before is reassuring as we have an outside person giving us confirmation this baby was alive the day before.

However, every.other.thing seems all too familiar. :(

Hoping they find baby Quinton today.
She even went to help the parents search and “they didn’t want that”! UGH!

According to https://twitter.com/BrettWSAV Twitter, LE is searching the Babysitter's property and people's trash cans.

I doubt the babysitter is involved in Q's disappearance. A majority of the time, it is the bio-parent or the bio parent's boyfriend/girlfriend.

I would like to know if the mother's boyfriend, actually lives there, or if he stays there occasionally.

I would also like to know how old is the brother?, does he live there or was he just there at the time?.
Are there any ring doorbells or houses with cameras along the street?.

I find it concerning that mom has not been named nor has she made any public pleas for the safe return of her child or thanked the community for their efforts to locate her baby and request that they keep looking, or check their properties for signs of her baby. The silence is deafening.

Hoping this doesn’t have the outcome most of us fear. Admittedly after following these type of cases, I’m a bit jaded and skeptical of the, “I put them to bed/down for a nap/in their playpen and went to bed/to sleep and they were missing when I woke up”. Especially when it concerns missing babies/toddlers Quinton’s age, 1-2 years old, that imo can’t get out of a home all that easily or without some sort of assistance. Nonetheless, I’m still holding out hope that against all odds, adorable little Quinton will be found safe soon.

Hope there are some ring cameras/surveillance cameras in the neighborhood/close by Quinton’s home that might shed some light on whether Quinton wandered out/left the home alone on foot or otherwise in the crucial time frame of allegedly last seen by Mom and reported missing time. At any rate, I’m sure that if cameras do exist in the neighborhood, that LE, if they haven’t already, will be scanning/reviewing them for clues.

Very curious about what the prior LE service calls to the home were for. Hmmmm.

Really hoping and praying this adorable little munchkin, Quinton, is found safe and soon.

IMHOO

Last edited:
Update 11:15 a.m.: Chatham County Police Chief Hadley says there is no indication at this time that foul play was involved in the child's disappearance.

During a press conference Thursday, he said search crews were out until 2 a.m. and returned at 8 a.m.

Chief Hadley says he has not spoken directly with the parents but the parents have been working closely with detectives.

"I hope he's still alive," Hadley said. "We don't have any information that he's not."

A search warrant was obtained for the home and other search warrants will be executed as part of the investigation.

Hadley said he's going to give his staff space to do their job and will provide more information later today should they learn more.
Have you seen Quinton? Police continue search for Chatham County toddler who disappeared Wednesday

Sheriff on video giving update, much more in the video, including that allegedly boyfriend woke up and saw the child at 6am, mother woke up at some other time later and noticed the child missing and reported missing at 9:39am

Sheriff has not spoken to mom and boyfriend himself but detectives have and they are considered "cooperative"

Last edited:
She even went to help the parents search and “they didn’t want that”! UGH!
That is indeed disturbing and concerning.
I am curious if they had LE get a search warrant for the stepdad's property, that they live on ?
Although, wouldn't it be up to the owner/stepdad to allow LE to search the house and grounds ?
I haven't found much re. the search and if LE requested a warrant in msm, so I'll check around and consider my question speculation only.
M00.

That is indeed disturbing and concerning.
I am curious if they had LE get a search warrant for the stepdad's property, that they live on ?
Although, wouldn't it be up to the owner/stepdad to allow LE to search the house and grounds ?
I haven't found much re. the search and if LE requested a warrant in msm, so I'll check around and consider my question speculation only.
M00.
Sheriff said that LE did search the house in effort to locate the child maybe hiding somewhere, but that further searches were held off untila warrant was obtained. I don't think it matters if homeowner is cooperative and saying 'Please feel free search everywhere, find my missing relative" if foul play occurred and a prosecution for that foul play is needed in future, it is better for building a solid case against whoever was responsible if they can show they had a warrant, with sufficient probable cause, to search and seize any evidence found.

Sheriff this morning said in addition to the search warrant for house that "other warrants are in process of being obtained" I am curious what those warrants are, betting they are for electronic devices of individuals present in the home during the key period the last credible sighting of a live Quinton and when he was reported missing.

Grandmother has custody...

The grandmother of missing toddler Quinton Simon is hopeful he will be found safe, but as more than 24 hours has passed since he was last seen she says she cannot stop thinking the worst has happened.

“My mind has thought the worst and it’s prayed for the best. You know, I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times,” said Billie Howell, in a phone interview with WTOC News.

She says she has custody of 20-month-old Quinton and was working out of town in Illinois when she learned he was missing.

She left as soon as she got the call from Quinton’s babysitter. When she arrived at her home on Burkhalter Road, she said she found crime scene tape up and had to stay at a motel. Police have since taken down the tape, she said. She lives at the home with her husband, her 22-year-old daughter Leilani, who is Quinton’s mother, her daughter’s boyfriend and Leilani’s three children.

“But I haven’t heard from any police and they were supposed to be here searching this morning. They’re not here. I’m praying that that’s good.”

Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts. She said they would fight all the time.

The grandmother of missing toddler Quinton Simon is hopeful he will be found safe, but as more than 24 hours has passed since he was last seen she says she cannot stop thinking the worst has happened.

“My mind has thought the worst and it’s prayed for the best. You know, I couldn’t imagine that she would hurt one of her kids but I can’t say the thought hasn’t gone through my mind a hundred thousand times,” said Billie Howell, in a phone interview with WTOC News.

She says she has custody of 20-month-old Quinton and was working out of town in Illinois when she learned he was missing.

She left as soon as she got the call from Quinton’s babysitter. When she arrived at her home on Burkhalter Road, she said she found crime scene tape up and had to stay at a motel. Police have since taken down the tape, she said. She lives at the home with her husband, her 22-year-old daughter Leilani, who is Quinton’s mother, her daughter’s boyfriend and Leilani’s three children.

“But I haven’t heard from any police and they were supposed to be here searching this morning. They’re not here. I’m praying that that’s good.”

Before she left for the short-term job in Illinois, she had served her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend with an eviction notice through the courts. She said they would fight all the time.

bolding mine.
I thought the stepdad (last name Howell) owned the place but didn't reside there ?
But the grandmother does live there ?
just figuring out who all lives at that house.
The reports of fighting is not good.

Hoping neighbor's ring cams show something, it might clear up some questions.
Did Quinton's mom and her bf have any security cams inside or outside ?
M00.

Oh my gosh... and this is her own mother saying this.

wowsa.

I wonder what the relationship was like between the mum and daughter. It must have been a wierd dynamic if the gran has custody but they all live together. Also she couldnt ask them to leave? Did they refuse? I would guess so if she had to go through a court. Would imagine there was some tension since that happening.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members