Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not making light of your sincere and legitimate question, but I am pretty sure LE will be evicting LS pretty soon, and it won't have anything to do with any eviction papers, and I imagine the bf has already flown the coop, and gotten as far away from her as possible. JMO
No, I agree. I’m just wondering because we know this search might take a while, if that’s what they’re waiting for before charges come, and I don’t know if the eviction was approved or how long in GA you have to leave.

Mostly wondering if she has to get out and police aren’t ready to make the arrest, will BJH let her stay in the home? Where else could LS possibly go ..

It all probably is a moot point but I’m so very curious of the dynamics in that house now that the other children are thankfully no longer there.

No, I agree. I’m just wondering because we know this search might take a while, if that’s what they’re waiting for before charges come, and I don’t know if the eviction was approved or how long in GA you have to leave.

Mostly wondering if she has to get out and police aren’t ready to make the arrest, will BJH let her stay in the home? Where else could LS possibly go ..

It all probably is a moot point but I’m so very curious of the dynamics in that house now that the other children are thankfully no longer there.
I really can't figure out the whole BJH/LS relationship dynamic at this time. We have seen Gma blow up in a rage in that video clip that the babysitter released, so we know the temper she is capable of. We also know that she and LS have had a stormy relationship, as evidenced by the whole eviction thing. But yet, it seems like Gma has bought into the whole "doesn't remember anything" tale, and has gone into protective mode. Maybe she figures she has lost one family member and doesn't want to lose another one, or maybe it's all a public show of support, and they are till fighting like cats and dogs in private. I honestly don't understand it at all, but I cannot imagine there is any peace inside the walls of that home. JMO

The sadness takes such a huge toll on the officers involved. I remember the testimony of the FBI agent who found 3 year old Cupcake McKinney in landfill.

Retired FBI agent Stanley Ruffin described the horrific moment he found the decomposing body of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney in a heap of trash at a Jefferson County landfill.
“I saw what I thought was a doll just laying there,’’ an emotional Ruffin testified. “And I realized it wasn’t doll.”
Through tears, Ruffin explained that they then placed Cupcake’s body in a bag.
“Well, it was hard,’’ he said. “Everyone involved in this was visibly affected.”

“I was involved in 9/11 and I thought that was one of the worst things I would experience in my career, until this,’’ he said. “I had never dealt with a child.”

The only good thing about it is that Cupcake was found. I have the same hopes that Quinton will be found. Cupcake was found in landfill 12 days after she went missing, and after just a few days of landfill searching. It has been a similar time from when Quinton disappeared. Less time = less rubbish to sort through.

My gosh, a child (or any victim) should never, ever end up in landfill. :(
Yes these cases of missing children found deceased at the hands of evil adults are all so heartbreakingly sad. I know the sadness and toll these cases take on me following them from a distance and cannot even imagine the sadness and toll it must take on the poor LE/investigators who work these cases up close and personal.

I followed Cupcake’s case and a few others here closely that absolutely gutted me once the details came out of how they were murdered and discarded like yesterday’s trash. It is evil and sickening beyond belief what some people are capable of doing to innocent little children and I always say never again will I open up another missing child’s thread but alas, here I am. I took one look at Quinton’s beautiful picture and he drew me in.

These are all awful cases with different, sometimes similar, circumstances. Having said that, being a Mother myself, I find the cases where a child is murdered by the person who birthed/brought them into the world to be particularly shocking, alarming and disturbing. There are a few “missing” children cases I followed here that the bio Mom ended up being found guilty of murdering their child and with each case the blow (pardon the pun) seems to come harder and my mind completely blown by the evil and depravity involved. Just when you think you’ve seen and heard the worse of what a Mother is capable of doing to their own child, another case comes along that is equally or even more disturbing. AJ Freund and Noah Tomlin are two of the more recent cases of Maternal filicide I followed here on WS. Both AJ and Noah had drug addict/addled Mothers with prior CPS involvement and documented histories/years of child neglect and abuse. The details of how little AJ and Noah met their deaths at the hands of their “Mother”, to include both boys being tortured before they were murdered, were absolutely gut wrenchingly horrific. Poor two year old Noah’s mutilated little body stuffed into a diaper box wrapped up in trash bags and discarded at a steam plant in Hampton, VA, left there to be thrown into the incinerator!
I was sickened to my core when I read the details of an officer describing the condition of his remains when found. For anyone that didn’t follow Noah’s case and decides to look up his thread here, a warning- not for the faint of heart. *Sigh*

Yes the only good thing about Cupcake, AJ, Noah, and many other located murdered children is at least they were found and I too am hopeful that little Quinton will also be found by the dedicated, determined, dogged LE professionals searching the landfill. My thoughts and prayers are with the searchers and I look forward to the day we hear they’ve found precious little Quinton so he can be laid to rest properly as he so rightfully deserves.

You deserved so much better Quinton.
RIP, sweet boy.

IMHOO

ETA-clarity

Last edited:
I really can't figure out the whole BJH/LS relationship dynamic at this time. We have seen Gma blow up in a rage in that video clip that the babysitter released, so we know the temper she is capable of. We also know that she and LS have had a stormy relationship, as evidenced by the whole eviction thing. But yet, it seems like Gma has bought into the whole "doesn't remember anything" tale, and has gone into protective mode. Maybe she figures she has lost one family member and doesn't want to lose another one, or maybe it's all a public show of support, and they are till fighting like cats and dogs in private. I honestly don't understand it at all, but I cannot imagine there is any peace inside the walls of that home. JMO
I don't think grandma ever thought LS would hurt the children. I think she knew LS was sometimes neglectful because she was using drugs. So Grandma thought that with a babysitter during daytime, and other adults in the home at night, the children would be fine while she was away for work.

I think this tragic incident blindsided Grandma, and denial was her first reaction. Guilt and denial have a strong impact upon one's ability to assess reality.

Been watching a drone view of the search. Not as spread out as I imagined. I now have hope that he will be found.
Oh, that would be great news for so many folks. Thanks for the drone-watching report.
Crossing my fingers.
LE and the rest of the searchers, etc., need a break, and those who love little Quinton, including all of us, need to see the next step in justice.

The sadness takes such a huge toll on the officers involved. I remember the testimony of the FBI agent who found 3 year old Cupcake McKinney in landfill.

Retired FBI agent Stanley Ruffin described the horrific moment he found the decomposing body of 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney in a heap of trash at a Jefferson County landfill.
“I saw what I thought was a doll just laying there,’’ an emotional Ruffin testified. “And I realized it wasn’t doll.”
Through tears, Ruffin explained that they then placed Cupcake’s body in a bag.
“Well, it was hard,’’ he said. “Everyone involved in this was visibly affected.”

“I was involved in 9/11 and I thought that was one of the worst things I would experience in my career, until this,’’ he said. “I had never dealt with a child.”

The only good thing about it is that Cupcake was found. I have the same hopes that Quinton will be found. Cupcake was found in landfill 12 days after she went missing, and after just a few days of landfill searching. It has been a similar time from when Quinton disappeared. Less time = less rubbish to sort through.

My gosh, a child (or any victim) should never, ever end up in landfill. :(
Thank you for sharing this. I wasn't familiar with Cupcake's case until a couple of days ago. I haven't had the heart to look it up yet. That statement from the agent who found her is exactly what I meant in my comment further back. That guy's retired, I don't know how old he is/was, but he would have had all the training, seen all kinds of things. He worked 9/11. But it's really different when it's a young child or a baby, and it's very traumatic for everyone looking, not just those who find that baby. You can't ever train or prepare for that. All you can do is lean on the support of those around you to process it.

I've had six hours sleep, and I'm back.

Sending all the positive energy I can to these searchers today. I'm not religious, but I am consciously willing them on, sending thoughts of strength and comfort their way. You've got this, folks. <3

Wonder why they wouldn’t use dogs?
It may be something as simple as fatigue. Dogs can only work for a certain amount of time before they need to rest. (Their handler, too. You can't just give a dog to anyone to work. Those relationships are pivotal to success.) And environments with strong smells - chemicals, garbage, smoke - can throw them off. They're better than us at sniffing things out, but they're not infallible. I think the approach they're using is the best. They're going slow, they're being incredibly thorough, and if - heaven forbid - the body is in more than one piece, they're going to have more chance of finding all of him. And it could be that dogs gave them the information that led them to that dumpster. They could have sniffed that out, and told them where he was left before it was emptied. If so, they've been absolutely vital. But, as far as I know (NOT an expert! MOO!), giant piles of trash aren't necessarily the best place to use them. Dogs are great, but it's time for the humans to do their bit.

Wonder why they wouldn’t use dogs?
My dog trainer friend says she would never let her scent dogs work in a city dump. It is dangerous for their paws and their noses because of chemicals, germs and sharp objects etc

The humans are wearing hazmat suits and dogs would need the same, but then they wouldn't be able to sniff around, etc.

I am not sure with GA laws but with Summer Wells case, her siblings were taken from the home, via court proceedings, and NOBODY has been named a suspect or POI and Summer has not been found yet.

Maybe it is different in each State.
JMO
I think child removal does vary by state. Ayla Reynolds went missing from her dad's house in Portland, Maine. There were two other children living in the home at the time. Those other children were never removed from the home.

My fear is that due to the passage of time, and because of what a garbage truck would have done to his body, they may not be able to pinpoint a cause of death.

I think that's likely to be the only real obstacle here, but it's a big one, as her attorneys could theoretically come up with some crazy scenario where he died in some sort of an accident, and she panicked.

I'm not overly concerned by this, as there's likely to be additional evidence as to what occurred, but it's something to keep an eye on.

As I see things, if a child dies in an accident, the parent is on the line to 911, begging for help. Once they do what we believe that LS did, I’m not going to believe in an accident, unless it’s a “well, I hit his head against the wall, but I didn’t mean for him to DIE” sort of accident.

MOO completely

And yes, I know that’s not the attitude of the legal system.

Last edited:
Okay, I have read a lot on this site over the past few days - horrible, heartbreaking stuff - and this is the first thing that made me feel like punching my screen the second I read it. They're not even trying to pretend they care. That baby is likely buried in garbage, and they're doing shots. It feels celebratory. It's obscene.

EDIT: MOO, and all that, whatever. *fumes*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads