Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laramie County investigators told the Coloradoan they were ironing out logistics to search for the baby. Investigators cannot use cadaver dogs in the search because the methane gas from the landfill is strong enough to kill them, Gesell said.

"We will equip people with proper safety equipment and they will be taking buckets of refuse out one at a time and searching that," Gesell said. Five Laramie investigators are working the case.

It's the methane gas in landfills that poses the biggest risk to the dogs.
Thank You

Hopefully, Quinton really was wearing the light blue Sesame Street t-shirt that he is said to have been wearing at the time that he went "missing".

"Her boyfriend last reported seeing Simon at 6 a.m. He was wearing a light blue Sesame Street t-shirt and black pants."

Well she lied about him being a year old to the 911 operator, lied about the baby daddy possibly taking him and initially gave LE photo's of Q on his first birthday so I'm thinking he may not have been wearing that. I hope for the searchers sake she was telling the truth that time.

If Quinton was placed in a duffel bag or some other container, what he was wearing may not be that important at this stage in terms of finding him at the landfill. If LE have video of LS putting Quinton in a dumpster, then hopefully they know what they are looking for if his body was placed in something.

If Quinton was placed in a duffel bag or some other container, what he was wearing may not be that important at this stage in terms of finding him at the landfill. If LE have video of LS putting Quinton in a dumpster, then hopefully they know what they are looking for if his body was placed in something.
Uuugh, I hate typing this... I hope when LE searched the house, they took note of what type of garbage bags the family had around (brand, color, etc). If they don’t have clear video of a specific more substantial type of bag (like a duffel) being used, at least having an idea of the kind of bag MIGHT be of a little help.

It's a massive help if one has a colour to focus upon. I hope the information is accurate.
I don't know if we can believe him. And even if he told the truth, we don't know if the person that dumped him may have changed his clothing or took off all the clothing to avoid it being traced back to them?

At least Caylee had grandparents that loved her. They didn't protect her but they did love her.

I have a hard time trying to find anybody that protected little Quinton other than the babysitter. No mother, father, grandparents to love and protect him.
For all we know, Q's slighty-older brother probably saw the whole thing and will be scarred for life.

For all we know, Q's slighty-older brother probably saw the whole thing and will be scarred for life.
There are three victims here. Quinton is beyond pain and trauma, but those two other babies have to live beyond it. Yes, the youngest won't remember, but even if, say, the aftermath of this was that she was removed, fostered, adopted, grew up happy... she'd likely go looking for her roots at some point. And if she did, she'd find... this.

Something like this echoes into the future. Into people's lives, whether they played any part in it or not.

This kid deserved to make his mark in a way that wasn't just about loss and trauma. His siblings likely won't remember him at all. His parental figures don't seem the sentimental sort, to say the least. So, the mark he leaves is this. A sad search, a smile in a photo on a crime message board, and an incalculable amount of unfulfilled potential for love, joy, and adventure.

I haven't backread the thread yet, just coming in to read the latest. I am linking what pops out to me but y'all may have already discussed, just want to be able to find the info later when I go to look for it.

“In a case like this and the magnitude of the case, police are going to very careful not to do anything that would jeopardize if it went to trial or any plea bargaining. Especially when you have the disappearance and you may have a body somewhere, everything from who they interview, the way they do their investigation, to the search for any remains any little thing can upset that case if it’s done incorrectly,” said Posick.

He also says police may not want to put evidence they’ve gotten so far out there just in case they have to find another person of interest in this case.

Police say they have no updates today but an FBI official says they’ll release information about their search so far some time Friday.
Criminal justice professor discusses intricacies of Quinton Simon case

Staffers told WSAV that the mom-and-daughter duo stayed for hours and ran up a $300 tab as a small group of protesters gathered outside their home.
[snip]
"People were getting upset. They just wanted them out of here," a worker said. "It was really strange."

Quinton Simon's mom downs shots, flirts with bar staff amid search for toddler's remains

When reached by The Independent, a Sting Ray’s staff member said: “No comment. They were here, they drank, they left.
Mother prime suspect in missing toddler case - latest

IBM - little late now to have no comment ;) I've seen articles with quotes from managers and staffers in multiple articles from multiple outlets

Well she lied about him being a year old to the 911 operator, lied about the baby daddy possibly taking him and initially gave LE photo's of Q on his first birthday so I'm thinking he may not have been wearing that. I hope for the searchers sake she was telling the truth that time.
RBBM
Can you clarify the lie Mum told about Q being one year old in the 911 call? He technically would be 1 at 20 months old, correct? Do you think she was trying to disguise his age or throw off authorities in some way? Thank you.

RBBM
Can you clarify the lie Mum told about Q being one year old in the 911 call? He technically would be 1 at 20 months old, correct? Do you think she was trying to disguise his age or throw off authorities in some way? Thank you.
I'm not that poster, but I think I wrote the same thing earlier, pointing out that she said he was 1 year old.Technically the baby was 20 months old, still "1", but actually only FOUR FOUR FOUR months from starting his third year. and the bio Mom was making the case for kidnapping, actually naming Q's bio father, IIRC. It could have been an honest misrepresentation, technically true, from the person of interest. Or it could have been an effort from the first moment to portray Q as being a tiny 1 year old who could never ever manage to open a door by himself, thus GO LOOK FOR KIDNAPPERS. There is a huge difference between normal 20 month olds and a "one year old". Size, agility, lots more.

ETA this is the 3rd time I've edited it to say 4 months instead of two!! Mysterious gremlins.

Last edited:
RBBM

I'm not that poster, but I think I wrote the same thing earlier, pointing out that she said he was 1 year old.Technically the baby was 20 months old, still "1", but actually only 2 months from starting his third year. and the bio Mom was making the case for kidnapping, actually naming Q's bio father, IIRC. It could have been an honest misrepresentation, technically true, from the person of interest. Or it could have been an effort from the first moment to portray Q as being a tiny 1 year old who could never ever manage to open a door by himself, thus GO LOOK FOR KIDNAPPERS. There is a huge difference between normal 20 month olds and a "one year old". Size, agility, lots more.
You said what I was going to, and did it well, except he's four months from being in his third year, not two. :)

RBBM
I actually do think there was an effort to throw off authorities but it didn't last long and we got the updated age and photo's. Remember Q's first thread title listed him as 1 yr old. The dispatcher call listed him as 1 year old. See @NuttMegg response below for the technicalities
I'm not that poster, but I think I wrote the same thing earlier, pointing out that she said he was 1 year old.Technically the baby was 20 months old, still "1", but actually only 2 months from starting his third year. and the bio Mom was making the case for kidnapping, actually naming Q's bio father, IIRC. It could have been an honest misrepresentation, technically true, from the person of interest. Or it could have been an effort from the first moment to portray Q as being a tiny 1 year old who could never ever manage to open a door by himself, thus GO LOOK FOR KIDNAPPERS. There is a huge difference between normal 20 month olds and a "one year old". Size, agility, lots more.
Thanks ^

At 20 months old, one could just say "about a year-and-a-half." That's what I always did.
Or even “he’s almost two.”
RSBM:
There is a huge difference between normal 20 month olds and a "one year old". Size, agility, lots more.
And that’s exactly why I’d make a distinction (especially if I actually wanted help looking for him!). One year old still looks and acts more like a baby (sometimes). Closer to two they’re usually walking, maybe talking etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95