Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

".....accusation that 'she knew her daughter killed him'..."

Say what ?
BJH has not been charged by LE, so is she harboring latent guilt ?
No one is saying that.
If BJH is annoyed by social media, all she has to do is to unplug from it, stay off tik tok, and not read the posts.

"...Howell can be seen breaking down into tears and heard saying that she has 'lost so much' and that 'nobody cares'..."

emphasis mine.

That is questionable.

People who never met this beautiful boy helped to look for Quinton at the garbage dump, for heaven's sake.

Not to mention the legwork LE have put into bringing Quinton's killer to justice.

So much attention on anyone but Quinton.
It's heartbreakingly sad.
M00.

@Erutan - When you say "so much attention on anyone but the murdered child". It seems like a common thread in many of these cases.

Here the pity party, seeming lack of awareness of a role played in this whole mess is disgusting - IMO.
Another poster upthread mentioned generational disfunction, I wholeheartedly agree.

Say what ?
No one is saying that.
If BJH is annoyed by social media, all she has to do is to unplug from it, stay off tik tok, and not read the posts.

"...Howell can be seen breaking down into tears and heard saying that she has 'lost so much' and that 'nobody cares'..."

emphasis mine.

That is questionable.

People who never met this beautiful boy helped to look for Quinton at the garbage dump, for heaven's sake.

Not to mention the legwork LE have put into bringing Quinton's killer to justice.

M00.

refresh my memory...wasn't SHE, Billie, recorded telling Q 's biodad that Leilani was probably drugged up and let the baby drown in the tub?

I do feel some empathy for Quinton's maternal grandparents at the moment.
Naturally more for him, his siblings, his father, paternal grandparents.
But maternal grandparents have a right to their pain and grief, too, despite mistakes.
They haven't been charged with any crimes. It's true they have lost a lot.
It's easy to start pointing fingers here and there.

I do feel some empathy for Quinton's maternal grandparents at the moment.
Naturally more for him, his siblings, his father, paternal grandparents.
But maternal grandparents have a right to their pain and grief, too, despite mistakes.
They haven't been charged with any crimes. It's true they have lost a lot.
It's easy to start pointing fingers here and there.
Not so much pointing fingers as responding to BJH's "Nobody cares..." statement.
I'll have to disagree with her on that.
Yes she lost her grandson and there will be grief.
The saddest part is that Quinton's death was so easily preventable.
Imo

Say what ?
No one is saying that.

emphasis mine.

That is questionable.

M00.

“They were having a great time, like they didn’t have a care in the world,” the server told The Post.

Jmo
She didn’t care downing shots and laughing it up.

Jmo

Not so much pointing fingers as responding to BJH's "Nobody cares..." statement.
I'll have to disagree with her on that.
Yes she lost her grandson and there will be grief.
The saddest part is that Quinton's death was so easily preventable.
Imo

I took her statement as feeling like no one cares about her losses affecting her. And of course this is about her grandson and not her, but we would all feel the pang of multiple losses in her position, IMO.

This was preventable, but she couldn't predict it, and at least she was trying to keep her job. She wasn't gone that night for a petty reason.

I took her statement as feeling like no one cares about her losses affecting her. And of course this is about her grandson and not her, but we would all feel the pang of multiple losses in her position, IMO.

This was preventable, but she couldn't predict it, and at least she was trying to keep her job. She wasn't gone that night for a petty reason.
I don't think that leaving town, and leaving Quinton with the perpetrator, after she had been served with legal documents for eviction was a good idea. She knew her daughter had problems. Leilani should have never been with that baby alone for 5 minutes, let alone overnight.

refresh my memory...wasn't SHE, Billie, recorded telling Q 's biodad that Leilani was probably drugged up and let the baby drown in the tub?
Sure, but it sounded like she was speculating too. We know that she saw many, many problems with her own daughter. I'm sure her own brain was trying to protect her from allowing herself to believe that she could have killed him. Stealing things from a gas station is a long road from killing your own child.

Grandma made statements that she didn't know if she could trust her daughter and on the recorded phone conversation with bio dad, she said her theory was that Leilani and bf were both high and Quinton drowned in the bathtub because "when you're high you do stupid s--t"

If you do not trust someone, know that sometimes they do great and other times they do the wrong thing, and you know or suspect that both adults are actively in their addiction/getting high while caring for 3 very young children, you shouldn't leave any child with that person(s) for any amount of time. Period.
You wouldn't send your kid to a daycare where all the providers are high while taking care of your kids, you wouldn't hire a babysitter you didn't trust. Just because it's family and free doesn't make it ok. Just because you have a responsible babysitter the children normally go to during the daytime/early evening, also doesnt make it ok! That's basically like saying "the kids are only going to have irresponsible, neglectful, drug fueled care for a small portion of the evening and overnight, so that's fine.
At no point, for any amount of tme is that ok.

Sure, but it sounded like she was speculating too. We know that she saw many, many problems with her own daughter. I'm sure her own brain was trying to protect her from allowing herself to believe that she could have killed him. Stealing things from a gas station is a long road from killing your own child.
I don't care about her. I do in the most basic sense that I don't want anyone to lose a loved one. That's it. She has chosen her own path as have the rest of us, as has her "family friend Cher". The very first thing she said on MSM, to local reporters was that, paraphrased, Leilani's story doesn't add up, while her husand, standing adjacent to her in the video went on about how LS is a liar. After this came her (MSM reported) attack on the babysitter, pushing her way into the babysitters own private house.
Q's biodad released the audio of her relating that her daughter, on drugs, probably had let Q die in a tub, but now she's whining that people think she knew LS had killed the baby. Well? Of course. But she's not under investigation and no one would comment on her if she would quit her constant public effort to grab victimhood status...for herself.

Imo

Last edited:

She left the children with their non-custodial mother. Grandma was given custody. She was supposed to be looking after them.
I'm sure her losses are affecting her greatly, but to be honest they are of her own making. IMO If she couldn't be there to supervise the children's care, then she should have hired someone to do so. It's what any of us who have children would do.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

Hey Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

One of the biggest things I am thankful for is our wonderful moderators on Websleuths.

On a holiday like today, our mods will be here working hard to make sure your experience on Websleuths is the best experience you can have on any discussion forum,

You don't see the drama and the problems that our mods handle every minute on Websleuths. That's because our mods work to make sure to solve problems quickly so you can get back to discussing true crime;

If you can spare a dollar or more to donate to our moderators I would greatly appreciate it.

All of the money raised will go to the moderators.

If you are thankful to our mods and can make a donation that would be wonderful.
If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so at Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

If you cannot make a donation could you please go to THIS THREAD and leave a kind comment for our mods.

In closing I want you to know how thankful I am to all of you who participate on Websleuths. You make Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet. Thank you for all you do.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith/Owner Websleuths.com

bolding mine.
That's a possibility.

When I say Quinton's murder was preventable, I mean BJH could have easily hired a different sitter, for when DM was not able to watch them.
BJH may have had to pay more than the pittance she was paying DM, though !

Iirc, DM had on occasion offered to watch them even longer , and she sometimes had the infant as well ?

Even foster care may have saved this child's life.
Any thing else than leaving him with the killer.

Everyone's going to look at this differently, so this is just my take on it.

Imo.

And we don't need to know. Law enforcement can't arrest someone without the DA's approval, and they have to have a warrant signed by the judge as well. No need for the public to know everything until the case goes to court. Frustrating at times but too many cases have been lost because of too many details released to the public beforehand.

I think this team did a great job and deserve a lot of respect. The chief is to be commended for doing his job so well. THAT is great leadership.
That's not the case. While the DA is normally brought in for input on major cases LE is who holds the jurisdictional investigative duties. The vast majority of people arrested daily are done without input or notice to the DA. LE is a separate entity from the DA when it comes to the division of government powers for a reason.

That's not the case. While the DA is normally brought in for input on major cases LE is who holds the jurisdictional investigative duties. The vast majority of people arrested daily are done without input or notice to the DA. LE is a separate entity from the DA when it comes to the division of government powers for a reason.
Was there a Grand Jury for this indictment? I am thinking there wasn't?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleepy2024
Back