GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree!!
Also to add IMHO anyone who commits violent acts against children and/or domestic violence and who is additionally under the influence of alcohol and likely other things is not to be trusted by society in general let alone a cop who has been assaulted and had a weapon stolen after attempting to place him under arrest. Plus he was on probation! Choose wisely people because this is a perfect example of what goes wrong with bad decisions. God Bless the Police especially those who continue to serve and protect despite these and other circumstances.

Well this is interesting....

I am trying to figure out the purpose of him attending...

“NBA star Dwight Howard appeared at a Fulton County courtroom press conference announcing the charging decision for the death of Rayshard Brooks, a man who was shot and killed by police at a Wendy’s drive thru.
Howard, who is originally from Georgia, is relative to the District Attorney Paul Howard”

NBA star Dwight Howard at Rayshard Brooks press conference announcing charges

Last edited:
Some Atlanta police call in sick, mayor asks for them to honor commitment - CNN

Atlanta (CNN) - Hours after a fired police officer was charged with felony murder for fatally shooting a man in the back, Atlanta police officers are not responding to calls in three of the department's six zones, multiple sources within the Atlanta Police Department told CNN on Wednesday evening.

She said she thinks morale is down tenfold.
Good for them, the last few weeks the city has basically taken a dump on officer

Edit: apparently at least one neighboring agency has declined a call for help covering patrols

Of course we will have to wait and see because it hasn't gone to trial yet, however...
IMO, it's going to be hard to prove felony murder. That means it was pre meditated and the cop intended to not stop the threat, but to actually kill him, and thought about killing him in advance.
Although the time one would have to take to pre plan this only has to be seconds, I don't think from the time he drew his weapon til he fired was more than a second.
I think the state is going to have a tough time proving that.
I also think that's the reason he was charged with so many things. the DA wanted to pile on many charges hoping to get a plea deal, and in this case, keep the thugs from rioting in the mean time.
I agree and I think he will be acquitted. His immediate firing and being charged with felony murder is all political. IMO

Yup, they are calling in sick.

Atlanta Police disputes rumors of mass walkouts

Atlanta Police spokesman Sgt. John Chafee told 11Alive that suggestions that multiple officers from each of the department's zones had walked off the job were "inaccurate."

However," Chafee said, "the department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift."
I have a feeling that this is just the beginning. It starts with APD officers calling in sick in response to the unjustified charging of the officers in this case.

While sitting at home contemplating their future, I'm sure that more than a few will be looking at other places of employment that will promote their safety and their ability to provide for their families.

God help the people of Atlanta.

The DA should know enough by now that the cop was well withing his rights to cuff Brooks before he told him he was under arrest. In fact, people are cuffed many times without being arrested. To say somehow the cop violated "police policy" is absurd imo. He may very well was about to do that in his next breath but Brooks acted out.

The DA talks about Brooks before he started fighting, claiming he was calm, and joking. I agree, but that makes no difference. He still started fighting, so whatever happened before that is irrelevant. The DA claims Brooks was never a threat, cleverly referencing before the time when he started fighting, but never talked about after he started fighting.
That's like saying that because someone took his mother out to dinner before he murdered his girlfriend makes a difference.

When the DA cited Tn. v. Garner, he conveniently forgot to mention that cops can also shoot someone running away if he/she feels that person may cause death or severe personal harm to the public, not just the officer.

The "excited utterance" the cop used when he said "I got him" could have very well been said to ward off the other cop from shooting at Brooks, and therefore possibly harming an innocent bystander.
The DA entered that into the equation? Weak imo.

The DA claims a cop can't fire a tazer according to SOP While running. Law supersedes policy, but I looked at Atlanta's SOP, and I can't find that. If Tn.v. Garner claims a cop can shoot a fleeing suspect, then I believe if the suspect is fleeing, he may be running.

https://www.atlantapd.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=3273

True, the mayor concluded excessive force was used. She concluded that before the evidence was even presented.
The DA was clever when he said the "police department" also concluded the same. Who in the PD? He never mentioned the chief. I wonder why?

I'll continue with more. I don't want to make the post too long. It's too long is it is.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that this is just the beginning. It starts with APD officers calling in sick in response to the unjustified charging of the officers in this case.

While sitting at home contemplating their future, I'm sure that more than a few will be looking at other places of employment that will promote their safety and their ability to provide for their families.

God help the people of Atlanta.
God Bless us and help us all because this is what everyone of us is about to experience in the US IMO. When police are no longer able to enforce the law and citizens are required to protect themselves what will become of us, our loved ones and our property? Police afraid and/or unwilling to do their work and succeed? Fearful of showing up to work? Our military? Then what...

God Bless us and help us all because this is what everyone of us is about to experience in the US IMO. When police are no longer able to enforce the law and citizens are required to protect themselves what will become of us, our loved ones and our property? Police afraid and/or unwilling to do their work and succeed? Fearful of showing up to work? Our military? Then what...

Then, the 2nd amendment. This is one of the reasons gun owners hold that liberty so dear. I might go down at the hands of criminals, but not without a good old American fight.

In
The DA should know enough by now that the cop was well withing his rights to cuff Brooks before he told him he was under arrest. In fact, people are cuffed many times without being arrested. To say somehow the cop violated "police policy" is absurd imo. He may very well was about to do that in his next breath but Brooks acted out.

The DA talks about Brooks before he started fighting, claiming he was calm, and joking. I agree, but that makes no difference. He still started fighting, so whatever happened before that is irrelevant. The DA claims Brooks was never a threat, cleverly referencing before the time when he started fighting, but never talked about after he started fighting.
That's like saying someone that because someone took his mother out to dinner before he murdered his girlfriend makes a difference.

When the DA cited Tn. v. Garner, he conveniently forgot to mention that cops can also shoot someone running away if he/she feels that person may cause death or severe personal harm to the public, not just the officer.

The "excited utterance" the cop used when he said "I got him" could have very well been said to ward off the other cop from shooting at Brooks, and therefore possibly harming an innocent bystander.
The DA entered that into the equation? Weak imo.

The DA claims a cop can't fire a tazer according to SOP While running. Law supersedes policy, but I looked at Atlanta's SOP, and I can't find that. If Tn.v. Garner claims a cop can shoot a fleeing suspect, than I believe if the suspect is fleeing, he may be running.

https://www.atlantapd.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=3273

True, the mayor concluded excessive force was used. She concluded that before the evidence was even presented.
The DA was clever when he said the "police department" also concluded the same. Who in the PD? He never mentioned the chief. I wonder why?

I'll continue with more. I don't want to make the post too long. It's too long is it is.
That's because the DA is trying to save his *advertiser censored* plain and simple. His actions are going to have some pretty bad repercussions that's are already starting

Is this an approved video @JerseyGirl ? I’m working on a media thread

I think we should pass on this one oviedo ... it has been altered to edit out when Brooks is fighting with LE. I don't see the point of this particular video when there are others available that haven't been altered.

I totally agree with you @Tippy Lynn
If the people, criminals, etc would just comply and not resist or aim weapons (regardless what kind of weapon) at LE, or try to run, this kind of situation would not end up like this.
However, they all seem to want to resist, run, point weapons and then the families scream "lawsuit", fire LE for doing their jobs, and then in this case, they, OMG--burned down the establishment where the drunk person was passed out in the parking lot at ????
Like it is Wendy's restaurant fault he passed out there ?????
TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS AND OWN IT.
It's nobody's fault but your own.. Grrrrrr

Agree completely. The lawsuits are forthcoming. In the Ferguson/ Michael Brown incident, the police officer was acquitted of all charges (and rightly so IMO if you listened to the judge's decision process. It was a bench trial). But the city still gave his parents a few million. Some families think their relative is a martyr and they are then owed big bucks. The attorney for the family will cash in also. JMO

Well this is interesting....

I am trying to figure out the purpose of him attending...

“NBA star Dwight Howard appeared at a Fulton County courtroom press conference announcing the charging decision for the death of Rayshard Brooks, a man who was shot and killed by police at a Wendy’s drive thru.
Howard, who is originally from Georgia, is relative to the District Attorney Paul Howard”

NBA star Dwight Howard at Rayshard Brooks press conference announcing charges

Glamour and autographs to help the DA’s shameless campaign for re-election.

I’ve been in the Apple Store in the Meatpacking District when a famous person came in. Every single red shirt was sucked into the center of the store like a lemming tornado. All I wanted was to make my Genius Bar fixit appointment on time... couldn’t get a soul. I walked out and rescheduled, so I don’t even know who it was because I only figured the reason out after the fact.

It's senseless. Ruin a man's career, possibly take his liberty away, all to appease largely lawless groups that don't even have a unified message collectively or individually.
Not only his, but the other cop Devin Brosnan.
I can't say for sure, but I'd bet my house that the DA threatened Brosnan with felony murder as well, unless he rolled. He's also being charged with Aggravated Assault in connection with the death of Brooks. It doesn't matter if he shot at him or not.
If I am the get-away driver with a group of guys robbing a bank, and one of the robbers shoots at the ceiling to scare someone, and that bullet kills someone, I am guilty of felony murder even if I wasn't in the bank.
Once again, this DA talks too much. He claims Brosnan gave his statement, and is now a witness for the state, and then claimed he can't make a public statement due to his current physiological condition.
Does this mean Brosnam isn't of sound mind and body? Will that statement be worth anything in court?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member