GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the military better be on standby to quell the rioting. See looting, get to shooting.

Not unlike the OJ Simpson trial. So soon after Rodney King. Seriously, people were just ready for the rioting.

And then, miraculously, the "Dream Team" of Johnny Cochrane and Robert Kardashian created a case of smoke and mirrors. OJ was declared "Not Guilty". And everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

There were no reports of civil unrest when the Baltimore police officers were all found "Not Guilty" of killing Freddie Gray. No riots when Officer Noor went to prison for shooting Justine Damond.

Agree completely. The lawsuits are forthcoming. In the Ferguson/ Michael Brown incident, the police officer was acquitted of all charges (and rightly so IMO if you listened to the judge's decision process. It was a bench trial). But the city still gave his parents a few million. Some families think their relative is a martyr and they are then owed big bucks. The attorney for the family will cash in also. JMO
That includes the 3 "witnesses" from Memphis that were in the Trailblazer that got hit from the stray bullet. They've lawyered up. The lawyer was at the press conference making his statement saying how distraught they are and how 4 people could easily be dead. Why he was even allowed to speak is beyond me. I mean I know the real reason, because this was the court of public opinion, but that should have waited for trial.
I'd love to see him explain how one stray bullet could kill all 3 in that car too.

I agree and I think he will be acquitted. His immediate firing and being charged with felony murder is all political. IMO
All Rolfes lawyer has to do is show the jury Howard's press conference from May 30th where he refers to a taser as a deadly weapon. How is it a deadly weapon in one instance but not another?

I have a feeling that this is just the beginning. It starts with APD officers calling in sick in response to the unjustified charging of the officers in this case.

While sitting at home contemplating their future, I'm sure that more than a few will be looking at other places of employment that will promote their safety and their ability to provide for their families.

God help the people of Atlanta.

Your words really bring it home. It was bad enough before the riots being LE, being on the front line of violence and crime. Now many will wonder when they can protect themselves. How many will be concerned about all of their actions, even small actions could bring up charges. I think you are correct, how many right now are looking for a different career. Who could possibly blame them.

On a side note, maybe some great minds would be able to create new jobs for former LE, like maybe feeding the drunk drivers and then giving them a ride home?

God Bless us and help us all because this is what everyone of us is about to experience in the US IMO. When police are no longer able to enforce the law and citizens are required to protect themselves what will become of us, our loved ones and our property? Police afraid and/or unwilling to do their work and succeed? Fearful of showing up to work? Our military? Then what...
I so agree. It will be scary in larger metropolitan areas. I would not be a police officer for any amount of money right now. JMO.

So what would have happened if the police officers would have let RB run away or given in to his request to just walk to a friends house while he was in an intoxicated state and he decides to drive another vehicle once at friend's house and kills someone because he is driving while impaired? Then people find out that the police allowed him to leave?? Think about that DA and Atlanta Mayor. JMO.

Not only his, but the other cop Devin Brosnan.
I can't say for sure, but I'd bet my house that the DA threatened Brosnan with felony murder as well, unless he rolled. He's also being charged with Aggravated Assault in connection with the death of Brooks. It doesn't matter if he shot at him or not.
If I am the get-away driver with a group of guys robbing a bank, and one of the robbers shoots at the ceiling to scare someone, and that bullet kills someone, I am guilty of felony murder even if I wasn't in the bank.
Once again, this DA talks too much. He claims Brosnan gave his statement, and is now a witness for the state, and then claimed he can't make a public statement due to his current physiological condition.
Does this mean Brosnam isn't of sound mind and body? Will that statement be worth anything in court?
But Brosnam's attorney disagreed with some of the statements made by the DA and denied he is a witness for the state.

This thread is like every other thread. It is a dedicated thread to discuss the killing of Rayshard Brooks and the officers involved in this specific case. It does not exist to discuss politics or to engage in the generalized bashing of LE.

Off topic posts will be removed, and if your post is deemed politicizing, Warning points will be issued that remain on a member's account permanently.

His attorney seems very competent. Here are his comments tonight:
So the DA claimed Mr. Brooks was calm, cordial, co-operative, and never presented himself as a threat. Then he goes on to show the video of Brooks running, pointing the taser at the officer and shooting it. Guess he forgot to show the footage of Brooks fighting with both officers and overpowering them, or didn't think that was relevant.
He should be the laughing stock of every DA and every media outlet known to mankind.
Mike Nifong is probably thinking 'And they thought I was bad'.

Lance Lorusso, Officer Rolfe's atty seems pretty sharp.

DA Howard: "Mr Brooks was calm, cordial, and displayed a cooperative nature.. We thought it was important to note that Mr Brooks never presented himself as a threat. "

Attorney:
Q: Mr Lorusso, did it surprise you to hear that Mr Brooks never presented himself as a threat to the officers?

A:" It was shocking to hear that because it was not true."

A: "...what they should be focusing on is why it turned from cordial conversation to a violent assault on the officers at the moment he knew he was going to jail..."

Howard:
"Mr Rolfe was firing a taser and Mr brooks was firing as well..
...but I dont know if you can see it clearly...the prongs from the taser were actually fired above officer Rolfe's head...."

A:"Well if it went over his head that's because it was aimed at his face...And that is the exact problem with a person who is not trained, and why it becomes a deadly incapicatating weapon at the hands of someone who has already committed a robbery and forcibly disarmed one uniformed law enforcement officer...

"When a LE officer uses a taser in a lawful arrest it is a non-deadly weapon because the officers are trained how to shoot it, where to shoot it, etc"

[from video clip 2 weeks ago} Howard: "Under GA law a taser is classified as deadly weapon..."

Lance Lorusso, Officer Rolfe's atty seems pretty sharp.

DA Howard: "Mr Brooks was calm, cordial, and displayed a cooperative nature.. We thought it was important to note that Mr Brooks never presented himself as a threat. "

Attorney:
Q: Mr Lorusso, did it surprise you to hear that Mr Brooks never presented himself as a threat to the officers?

A:" It was shocking to hear that because it was not true."

A: "...what they should be focusing on is why it turned from cordial conversation to a violent assault on the officers at the moment he knew he was going to jail..."

Howard:
"Mr Rolfe was firing a taser and Mr brooks was firing as well..
...but I dont know if you can see it clearly...the prongs from the taser were actually fired above officer Rolfe's head...."

A:"Well if it went over his head that's because it was aimed at his face...And that is the exact problem with a person who is not trained, and why it becomes a deadly incapicatating weapon at the hands of someone who has already committed a robbery and forcibly disarmed one uniformed law enforcement officer...

"When a LE officer uses a taser in a lawful arrest it is a non-deadly weapon because the officers are trained how to shoot it, where to shoot it, etc"
I hope Lorusso argues for bail so Rolfe doesn't have to sit in jail for a couple of years until this sham comes to trial.

[from video clip 2 weeks ago} Howard: "Under GA law a taser is classified as deadly weapon..."

I hope Lorusso argues for bail so Rolfe doesn't have to sit in jail for 2 years until this come to trial.

So the DA claimed Mr. Brooks was calm, cordial, co-operative, and never presented himself as a threat. Then he goes on to show the video of Brooks running, pointing the taser at the officer and shooting it. Guess he forgot to show the footage of Brooks fighting with both officers and overpowering them, or didn't think that was relevant.
He should be the laughing stock of every DA and every media outlet known to mankind.
Mike Nifong is probably thinking 'And they thought I was bad'.

I didn't watch much of the press conference, but from what i saw, it was a horse & pony show.

God Bless us and help us all because this is what everyone of us is about to experience in the US IMO. When police are no longer able to enforce the law and citizens are required to protect themselves what will become of us, our loved ones and our property? Police afraid and/or unwilling to do their work and succeed? Fearful of showing up to work? Our military? Then what...

Let's hope and pray that the voters take note and action. To the places electing DAs that are trampling on LE, get them out ASAP. Criminal justice reform is absolutely necessary, but equally necessary is that it not be achieved at the expense of LEOs. They deserve to be proud to put on that uniform, everytime. This is despicable behavior by a very small number of people. IMOO #ReasonMatters
Some Atlanta police call in sick, mayor asks for them to honor commitment - CNN

Atlanta (CNN) - Hours after a fired police officer was charged with felony murder for fatally shooting a man in the back, Atlanta police officers are not responding to calls in three of the department's six zones, multiple sources within the Atlanta Police Department told CNN on Wednesday evening.

She said she thinks morale is down tenfold.

AMOO
Ironic that the mayor, the one who made snap personnel decisions directly after the shooting, and who fanned the flames of racial tensions with her uninformed comments and speeches, THAT MAYOR has the audacity to call on cops to honor their commitment. SMH

Let's hope and pray that the voters take note and action. To the places electing DAs that are trampling on LE, get them out ASAP. Criminal justice reform is absolutely necessary, but equally necessary is that it not be achieved at the expense of LEOs. They deserve to be proud to put on that uniform, everytime. This is despicable behavior by a very small number of people. IMOO #ReasonMatters

AMOO
Ironic that the mayor, the one who made snap personnel decisions directly after the shooting, and who fanned the flames of racial tensions with her uninformed comments and speeches, THAT MAYOR has the audacity to call on cops to honor their commitment. SMH

yeah, the mayor isn’t exactly catching flies with honey, now is she? I feel it’s in particularly poor taste of her to use guilt tripping.

So far early live reporting I’ve seen On CBS - Video clips Of presser emphasize kicking him when he was down and DA saying the other officer will testify against him
Prior link

Former Atlanta police officer charged in Rayshard Brooks shooting

I feel like CBS This Morning was the network news show who made a big story out of Chad Daybell secondhand telling some random on a plane, the same kids just found buried in his backyard were in fact ‘safe’; so their journalistic
standards are kind of low with me these days.

I feel like CBS This Morning was the network news show who made a big story out of Chad Daybell secondhand telling some random on a plane, the same kids just found buried in his backyard were in fact ‘safe’; so their journalistic
standards are kind of low with me these days.
Yes - Media bias IMO - same with grandfather who dropped chloe out the window on the cruise ship last summer
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member