GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM- according to the DA you are correct. Two weeks ago he charged 2 officers with using a lethal weapon against 2 college students. The lethal weapon was a police taser.
Yes so that will be interesting. We also have Javier Ambler who died after being tased by a black officer on LivePD so these anomalies will create reasonable doubt IMO.

Watching the video showing the shooting. The move Rolfe makes - to me -looks like he is moving Brooks legs over to where he is laying flat on the ground versus crumbled over ? No way Brooks fell to the ground with his legs straight out like that. I find it hard to believe that even the most brutal police officer would kick someone like that with a vehicle right next to them not knowing if the person in the vehicle was carrying.
They did CPR on him so they would probably have moved him for that.

"We've concluded that at the time Mr. Brooks was shot, he did not pose an imminent threat of serious injury to the officers," Howard said at a news conference Wednesday afternoon."

Sure, but moments earlier, he fought with the LE, stole the taser, and used it. It was a volatile situation. Doesn't the whole event need to be examined? Can the GBI come in and somehow strip the case of politics? I don't know how policy violations play into it or passing judgment on the killing, simply looking for an impartial presentation of known facts.

So far early live reporting I’ve seen On CBS - Video clips Of presser emphasize kicking him when he was down and DA saying the other officer will testify against him
Prior link

Former Atlanta police officer charged in Rayshard Brooks shooting
Apparently that wasn't true, like a few other things he said eg. the taser is not a deadly weapon, whereas two weeks ago he said it was. I think this DA is stretching the truth. He made no mention of resisting arrest or the assault on police. Yet he said the officer didn't tell Brooks why he was being arrested. Perhaps that was because the arresting procedure was interrupted by a crime.

Last edited:
Well this is interesting....

I am trying to figure out the purpose of him attending...

“NBA star Dwight Howard appeared at a Fulton County courtroom press conference announcing the charging decision for the death of Rayshard Brooks, a man who was shot and killed by police at a Wendy’s drive thru.
Howard, who is originally from Georgia, is relative to the District Attorney Paul Howard”

NBA star Dwight Howard at Rayshard Brooks press conference announcing charges
I can't figure out wby he was there either. To either support his uncle or not. Article doesn't say.

But Brosnam's attorney disagreed with some of the statements made by the DA and denied he is a witness for the state.
I saw that too Rocco. according to statement by DA it says Brosnan will be witness for the state; testifying against his former partner. Then seconds later, attorney for Brosnan denies he will be witness for the state and says he will not plead guilty. I'll go by what Brosnan's lawyer says because DA has history of bad choices and is shady IMO.

CBS This Morning just played parts of Brooks doing that interview where he discusses his crimes and parole - “you get to see him as a human being” Gayle King - I will watch for the clip and post it but can we post the raw interview in it’s entirety now @sillybilly ?
ETA- should appear here when it’s up
Fired Atlanta officer charged with murder in Rayshard Brooks shooting
ETA2- just caught a snippet of CBS anchor saying he took the taser and fired it at the officer and then the officer shot him in the back so at least they acknowledged that aspect finally

Last edited:
I saw that too Rocco. according to statement by DA it says Brosnan will be witness for the state; testifying against his former partner. Then seconds later, attorney for Brosnan denies he will be witness for the state and says he will not plead guilty. I'll go by what Brosnan's lawyer says because DA has history of bad choices and is shady IMO.

Agreed!!

Yes so that will be interesting. We also have Javier Ambler who died after being tased by a black officer on LivePD so these anomalies will create reasonable doubt IMO.

Absolutely agree, @tresir2012 And those officers have weapons that if he debilitates one or both, suddenly he's got two handguns in addition to a taser. There will be plenty of protests if he's convicted. You know, the real kind, that doesn't include looting and setting things ablaze.

Last edited:
Apparently that wasn't true, like a few other things he said eg. the taser is not a deadly weapon, whereas two weeks ago he said it was. I think this DA is stretching the truth. He made no mention of resisting arrest or the assault on police. Yet he said the officer didn't tell Brooks why he was being arrested. Perhaps that was because the arresting procedure was interrupted by a crime.

If that dude didn't know why he was being arrested.... :rolleyes: He had already begged officers to let him call someone for a ride. Plus, he had just done a field sobriety test and had blown into a breathalyzer. Quite confident he knew why he was being arrested.

They are REALLY grasping here. :eek:

The DA should know enough by now that the cop was well withing his rights to cuff Brooks before he told him he was under arrest. In fact, people are cuffed many times without being arrested. To say somehow the cop violated "police policy" is absurd imo. He may very well was about to do that in his next breath but Brooks acted out.

The DA talks about Brooks before he started fighting, claiming he was calm, and joking. I agree, but that makes no difference. He still started fighting, so whatever happened before that is irrelevant. The DA claims Brooks was never a threat, cleverly referencing before the time when he started fighting, but never talked about after he started fighting.
That's like saying that because someone took his mother out to dinner before he murdered his girlfriend makes a difference.

When the DA cited Tn. v. Garner, he conveniently forgot to mention that cops can also shoot someone running away if he/she feels that person may cause death or severe personal harm to the public, not just the officer.

The "excited utterance" the cop used when he said "I got him" could have very well been said to ward off the other cop from shooting at Brooks, and therefore possibly harming an innocent bystander.
The DA entered that into the equation? Weak imo.

The DA claims a cop can't fire a tazer according to SOP While running. Law supersedes policy, but I looked at Atlanta's SOP, and I can't find that. If Tn.v. Garner claims a cop can shoot a fleeing suspect, then I believe if the suspect is fleeing, he may be running.

https://www.atlantapd.org/Home/ShowDocument?id=3273

True, the mayor concluded excessive force was used. She concluded that before the evidence was even presented.
The DA was clever when he said the "police department" also concluded the same. Who in the PD? He never mentioned the chief. I wonder why?

I'll continue with more. I don't want to make the post too long. It's too long is it is.
I was surprised when I watched the NY Times sequenced video Rocco, that the officers spent that much time talking before attempting to cuff RB. Where I live, RB would have been at the station being booked within 15 minutes or less. RB's demeanor before the attempted hand cuff and his violent behavior after shows how quickly his demeanor can change. No one's talking about that. Why not ?

I was surprised when I watched the NY Times sequenced video Rocco, that the officers spent that much time talking before attempting to cuff RB. Where I live, RB would have been at the station being booked within 15 minutes or less. RB's demeanor before the attempted hand cuff and his violent behavior after shows how quickly his demeanor can change. No one's talking about that. Why not?

It doesn’t fit with the story line. It sure wouldn’t appease those they are trying to appease.

It doesn’t fit with the story line. It sure wouldn’t appease those they are trying to appease.
The story they are trying to sell (the DA, the Brooks family lawyer, and Tomika Miller) is that RB was a devoted husband and father who had a drink and took a nap at a fast food restaurant parking lot and he was shot for no reason whatsoever. It's all hogwash.

The presser was a complete joke. Imo, the DA looked like a fool. The videos are all over the Internet. Everyone saw RB resist. The DA forgetting to mention that is ridiculous. There were way too many things left out or blatantly lied about.
I didn’t watch the whole presser. I had zero interest in hearing what a great man , husband, father, whatever , RB was. We have all seen his record.

The story they are trying to sell (the DA, the Brooks family lawyer, and Tomika Miller) is that RB was a devoted husband and father who had a drink and took a nap at a fast food restaurant parking lot and he was shot for no reason whatsoever. It's all hogwash.
And now apparently the rebranding is his video interview where he admits his crimes but blames the parole system for not having a mentor for him (CBS)
JMO
Isn’t the parole officer somewhat of a mentor? Checking on them etc? I don’t know anything about the parole system so perhaps there could be a mentor program set up and the DA could be one as part of his public service?
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member