GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Athough it doesn't have an explanation for why court was canceled for today, here is a link to the Twitter of Bill Rankin, who covers legal affairs for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

https://twitter.com/#%21/ajccourts

A story on the cancellation from WSB news radio (another good source for reporting on this & other Atlanta area cases): http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/breaking-news/day-9-neuman-murder-trial-cancelled/nLJ6y/

Now for my own personal speculation about the cancellation, I have to wonder if Neuman's attorneys wanted to discuss a plea. I know the judge said the matter was 'unrelated' to the trial, but I guess he doesn't have to tell us everything, and perhaps announcing a plea was under discussion would be considered prejudicial. We shall see!

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-daycare-shooting-trial-1370042.html

Defense may rest Monday, jury might start deliberating later in the week. Not nearly the 4-6 weeks earlier predicted. I am surprised the defense doesn't have more expert testimony to present to the jury regarding the insanity plea.

I followed the case as it unfolded after Rusty's murder, however am unable to watch the trial. Has the defense presented anything so far to substantiate the "insanity"? From what I am reading, it appears anything but that........

:waitasec:

MOO

I followed the case as it unfolded after Rusty's murder, however am unable to watch the trial. Has the defense presented anything so far to substantiate the "insanity"? From what I am reading, it appears anything but that........

MOO

Just the testimony of two psychiatrists and a psychologist so far. MOO

MOO

I'd say very weak presentation on insanity. The only 'evidence' I've seen given is Hemy SAYS so. No one else could POSSIBLY have heard Olivia Newton John look-alike angel tell him to do this, KWIM? I was not able to watch the live footage either, but it seems that no one has stepped up to talk about any other prior insane behavior that would strengthen the case?

That given, I note that he has several things in his life that would strongly contribute to Borderline Personality Disorder. His father was a holocaust survivor who very sadly seems to have had quite the mental issues himself, naturally. He had unpredictable rage and poor impulse control. These are symptoms themselves of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Then Hemy was sent to another continent to Israel and put in boarding school. If he felt abandoned in this situation, his early childhood abuse was only compounded by his adolescent abandonment. Voila, perfect storm brewing for Borderline Personality Disorder.

I have seen, up close and very personal, a BPD'd person have delusions. The literal psychosis can be very fleeting, oftentimes with no one really noticing, especially if the person does not verbalize what they are experiencing. The person I know well could immediately discern that her delusion was not really "right" and hide her psychosis pretty well. Most people had no clue how seriously ill she really was.

I believe Hemy could be BPD'd. I don't buy the "bipolar", which is often misdiagnosed intentionally. If he was rejected (BIG issue for BPDs) then he may even have become delusional. But if so, he's compensated for this disability most of his life, he's always been fully functional, and he KNEW killing was wrong. Even if ONJ told him to do it, it's like having anyone tell him to do it. He knew it was wrong. He's always controlled his impulses before. He chose not to this time simply because he wanted something and couldn't have it. Bad bad boy. IMO

Which online sites have the best feed for viewing on the computer the live trial? TIA

Court is done for the day. Testimony will resume on Thursday, March 8.

I'm soooo confused. I turned away from the testimony for two seconds and all of a sudden court was in recess until Thursday.

Did the defense complete its questioning of the newest expert/psychiatrist (I think her name was Dr. Marks??), or was it halted abruptly?

I sure wish this was covered on In Session. I'm really missing the legal analysis like they have on Court TV :(.

Listening to WSB Atlanta on the way to work, and they said the mother of the Judge passed away.

My prayers for the judge at his time of loss. May his mom RIP.

OTOH, how is the pros going to show this was Andrea getting Neuman to kill her husband? The doctor testified that the defendant told her he wore a disguise when he killed Rusty, because if Andrea found out it was him that murdered Rusty, he and she and the kids couldn't be together.

I think the pros has a problem there, not to mention the defense.

So much for blaming AS. Course, I'm not saying she's completely innocent, but that statement by the doctor pretty well blows that insinuation up. At least it should to the jury, imho.

Tomorrow should be interesting.
fran

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/testimony-resumes-dunwoody-day-care-murder-trial/nLLMq/

Psychologist: Neuman was "delusional"

As for why Neuman, who is charged with gunning down Sneiderman outside of Dunwoody Prep on November 18, 2010, wore a disguise, Dr. Flores testified that Neuman explained why during her evaluation.

"He said that, if Andrea found out he was the one who had done it, he and she and the children could not be together," she says

I found this last doctor not too convincing - then again, paid experts have my almost immediate pffft.

It should be interesting to keep following. So far, I simply do not buy the defense's theory of delusions and whatnots.

My prayers for the judge at his time of loss. May his mom RIP.

OTOH, how is the pros going to show this was Andrea getting Neuman to kill her husband? The doctor testified that the defendant told her he wore a disguise when he killed Rusty, because if Andrea found out it was him that murdered Rusty, he and she and the kids couldn't be together.

I think the pros has a problem there, not to mention the defense.

So much for blaming AS. Course, I'm not saying she's completely innocent, but that statement by the doctor pretty well blows that insinuation up. At least it should to the jury, imho.

Tomorrow should be interesting.
fran

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/testimony-resumes-dunwoody-day-care-murder-trial/nLLMq/

Psychologist: Neuman was "delusional"

As for why Neuman, who is charged with gunning down Sneiderman outside of Dunwoody Prep on November 18, 2010, wore a disguise, Dr. Flores testified that Neuman explained why during her evaluation.

"He said that, if Andrea found out he was the one who had done it, he and she and the children could not be together," she says

But she also said this:

11:00 a.m. Mon. 03-05-12: Dr. Adriana Flores says Neuman was driven to delusions by being treated like a yo-yo.

"What Andrea Sneiderman was in fact doing was pulling him and pushing him, said Flores. "All along giving him some very real cues of her interest in him, further cementing his delusion about the nature of their relationship."

Flores says Andrea Sneiderman would tell him one moment that she wanted him; then the next moment that she could not have him.

This to me says she was manipulating him into killing her husband, imo. I noticed there was no Olivia Newton John or Barry White in the psych testimony or did I miss it?

Oh wait....maybe the demon and the angel were them?
Geary also questioned Flores about the demon and the angel Neuman claims appeared to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3