GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO,This guy suffers from personality disorders. He wanted what he wanted and got rid of what was in his way. Sounds narcissistic to me. Anyone who knows right from wrong and commits murder anyways deserves no mercy. As far as I'm concerned HN and his narcissism can stay locked up in a cell for the rest of his life.

SuziQ,

Your opinion seems to be the consensus of most. I just threw my perspective in the mix. I concede I could be wrong. I think we are all in agreement, however, that it is a senseless tragedy that will have ramifications for all parties concerned.

I feel truly sorry for Rusty's family as their loss is tremendous. I also feel bad for Mr. Neuman's family. It seems that if only he could have thought out the consequences that this would have for many, including himself, he would have thought twice. Whatever we choose to call it, it is irrational thinking to choose this.

I have been watching the Hemy Neuman trial and just wanted to put my two cents in the mix.
We live in such a dichotomous world in that we feel that to have compassion for the victimizer is to not have compassion for the victim. I think we can feel compassion for both.

Don't get me wrong as I believe what Hemy Neuman did is egregious but I believe he lost it and he deserves mercy. I don't believe you go from a law-abiding citizen to a murderer overnight without something being seriously wrong in your inner life.

People fail to understand that mental illness is such a stigma in our society, especially for a man in Mr. Neuman's position. As a result,a person can be ill for so long and function without outward signs or attempt to get help because of the stigma of mental illness. Many people with mental illness avoid getting help because they know they will be ostracized by society. Sometimes, people do see the signs but live in denial because of the stigma associated with mental illness. So it is not difficult to grasp the concept that if Mr. Neuman was mentally ill before the murder, the probability of seeking help for it were nil to none because of the repercussions of social isolation, rejection and possible loss of his job.

His behaviors do appear to very impulsive which is a indicator of some mental illness. I personally think it is PTSD which can result in bizarre behaviors including impulsiveness and delusions. PTSD, which can mimic Bi-polar in some of the symptoms, appear to be the true illness here and it can not be detected until something triggers it such a reliving a past trauma.

I am not sure whether he didn't know right from wrong but I believe in my heart he is ill and needs help.

I pray that justice tempered with mercy is the result of this case. I further pray that healing occurs in both families involved.

:welcome5: Alester

jmo, HN had a bad case of what was called 'Forty Crazy' AKA Mid-life crisis

Hemy Neuman Trial: 'I'm a great, great executioner'

Prosecutors played several clips of her November 2011 video interviews with Neuman.

In the video clips Neuman admitted that he methodically planned Rusty Sneiderman's killing, just as he would have planned any of the numerous work projects he managed for General Electric.

"He thought of stabbing him, but he said that would be too messy and he'd get stuff on him and he didn't think that was a good idea," Dr. Crawford testified.

"He thought about poisoning him and how he would go about doing that; he thought about staging an accident, but he said when he looked at each of those scenarios, he said that since his goal was to kill him, he didn't want to take the chance of just injuring him," she added.

full article at link .................. http://www.11alive.com/news/article/232232/40/Hemy-Neuman-Trial-Im-a-great-great-executioner

I haven't been posting the news updates on this trial. So I'm not sure if this blog at this link will show tomorrow. Hopefully it will be like most news articles.

This is a blog on the daily happenings in the courtroom. It looks to me like the black type is the person from the news agency, and the blue comments are just miscellaneous posters. It's helpful if you're not able to run videos, which some people can't or at work and can't have volume on.

Interesting.
fran

DunwoodyPatch

http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/hemy-neuman-trial-prosecutors-rebut-defense-testimony

<Respectfully snipped>

Don't get me wrong as I believe what Hemy Neuman did is egregious but I believe he lost it and he deserves mercy. <Respectfully snipped>.

:banghead::banghead:

Egregious means extraordinary, but in a negative way. (adjective)

An example of egregious is a person who is a fantastic liar. http://www.yourdictionary.com/egregious

I agree he is a fantastic liar. Your desire for mercy, what does that entail? Is your idea of mercy = No death penalty? I'll go with that - but killing someone. He knew he was wrong IMHO and I :banghead: am really tired of excuses for killing someone. Yep, an office affair. Yep, she is complicit perhaps :moo: - but I am durn durn tired of folks making excuses for murder based on most folks weaknesses. MANY folks have same conditions as he - some have had office affairs - some have been misled by the other person leading the other as to push/pull (love you, want you, but I can't leave my hubby)......... :please: that we don't allow folks to get away with murder based on this! What has this world come to if we do IMHO!

Hemy Neuman Trial: 'I'm a great, great executioner'

Reminds me of another murderer we know..."I am SUCH a good liar!"

Perhaps mentally ill, perhaps needing some treatment, but clearly knew right from wrong.

What killer isn't a little crazy? IMHO, anyone who would take the life of another human like this has something really wrong with them, but it doesn't rise to the level of not being responsible.

Remember, he did not plead Guilty but Mentally Ill, where he would receive treatment while incarcerated. He plead Not Guilty by Insanity, which means he is free whenever he is no longer a danger to himself or others.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/history.html#mn

Since every expert by the state has testified that HN is not mentally ill, I don't see how they'd have any choice but to let this "executioner" go. I will be shocked if my fellow Georgians go for this. Especially from a well-to-do white guy who killed for sex.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/history.html#mn

Hi ATTHELAKE,

Words can have numerous meanings depending on the needs of the user. According to this definition given on http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/egregious, egregious also means bad, flagrant. That is the meaning I was conveying when I used egregious.

With regards to what I think mercy should be for HN, I still hold to my belief that something is not right with him and he is given some help regardless of the verdict. Justice may be that he serves the rest of his life in prison for what he has done but it can be with some attention to his mental disorders, whatever they may be. That will probably be the outcome here.

As I pointed out, I am not convinced that he did not know right from wrong when he committed this crime. But I am attempting to not allow my emotions to decide for me and to look at this situation from all angles.

In the end, I am not on that jury so my perspective is not that relevant to anyone except for me.

:fence:

If anyone is watching online, wsbtv.com has a much clearer feed than 11alive.com, and no border.

State rests on rebuttal. AS not called. I was hoping for a little drama, to be honest.

I still hold to my belief that something is not right with him and he is given some help regardless of the verdict. Justice may be that he serves the rest of his life in prison for what he has done but it can be with some attention to his mental disorders, whatever they may be. That will probably be the outcome here.

Did you happen to watch the rebuttal testimony of the doctor from the Dekalb County Jail? I only ask because I was of the opinion that, while HN knew right from wrong, there was something really wrong with his brain.

I have completely changed my mind after this testimony. Specifically the part where HN was under very close supervision in the medical ward for three months, with security guards and psychological caregivers alternating rounds about 6 times an hour, with a variety of caregivers observing HN's behavior. The fact that none of them ever noticed a single tidbit of behavior that gave them pause about HN's mental stability says a lot to me.

I know people can hide certain mental problems for short periods of time and I know some people are accomplished at faking sanity. What I do not know of is anyone who can sustain that 24/7 for three solid months.

Faking it for a few hours while you talk to the defense team's shrink, however, would be no problem for someone as smart as HN appears to be. And the testimony that there are no records of him researching mental illness mean nothing to me. He could have walked into a Barnes & Noble, read for an hour or so, and left without buying a book. There would be no record of anything!

I'm curious what you think about that because it had such a dramatic impact on my theory.

I missed the last few minutes. Are they going to closing arguments this morning?

TIA and Happy Monday everyone!

Did you happen to watch the rebuttal testimony of the doctor from the Dekalb County Jail? I only ask because I was of the opinion that, while HN knew right from wrong, there was something really wrong with his brain.

I have completely changed my mind after this testimony. Specifically the part where HN was under very close supervision in the medical ward for three months, with security guards and psychological caregivers alternating rounds about 6 times an hour, with a variety of caregivers observing HN's behavior. The fact that none of them ever noticed a single tidbit of behavior that gave them pause about HN's mental stability says a lot to me.

I know people can hide certain mental problems for short periods of time and I know some people are accomplished at faking sanity. What I do not know of is anyone who can sustain that 24/7 for three solid months.

Faking it for a few hours while you talk to the defense team's shrink, however, would be no problem for someone as smart as HN appears to be. And the testimony that there are no records of him researching mental illness mean nothing to me. He could have walked into a Barnes & Noble, read for an hour or so, and left without buying a book. There would be no record of anything!

I'm curious what you think about that because it had such a dramatic impact on my theory.

Hi Angelmom,

No, I did not see the testimony. However, I wondered that if its bi-polar, then usually that has to be treated because of the reoccurring symptoms. From what I know about bipolar, it really has to be treated at some point. With that being said, I don't think what he has is bipolar but I am still not completely convinced that nothing is wrong with him.

I missed the last few minutes. Are they going to closing arguments this morning?

TIA and Happy Monday everyone!

Anadarko,

Probably not as they are going to call Tracy Marks and.....
Defense still wanting to call rebuttal witness. Right now lawyers are arguing outside of the presence of the jury as DT want to perjure by having the head of the medical board saying that her staff would not have told the Carolina psych that she could testify without a license as that is legal advice, and her staff can't give legal advice.

Ack! Got here just in time for the Judge saying something to the jury about a book. (darn time change!) Did anyone hear the gist of that? TIA

Anadarko,

Probably not as they are going to call Tracy Marks and.....
Defense still wanting to call rebuttal witness. Right now lawyers are arguing outside of the presence of the jury as DT want to perjure by having the head of the medical board saying that her staff would not have told the Carolina psych that she could testify without a license as that is legal advice, and her staff can't give legal advice.

Thank you so much for the update! (work is interfering with my trialing....lol)

I see they are back now. This should be interesting!

Ack! Got here just in time for the Judge saying something to the jury about a book. (darn time change!) Did anyone hear the gist of that? TIA

A juror brought in a book to the jury room entitled "100 top lawyers" or something like that. The bailiff told the judge, and the judge asked the lawyers, outside the presence of the jury, if they were ok with that (or IMHO did they want to kick out that juror etc.) Both sides said they had no problems with it. The judge then admonished the jury and things moved forward.

One of the jurors was caught reading Best Lawyers of 2011, and the Judge wanted to reiterate that they aren't to be doing any type of research.

MOO-What is with these people on jury's lately? I would be VERY careful about anything I said, heard, read...etc... Giving either side a reason for a mistrial isn't worth it.

Glad to see you finally got up!! LOL :floorlaugh:

Thank you Atthelake :)

I can't hardly hear this video they are playing. HN talking to Dr. Crawford I think, or could be Dr. Marks in the jail.

Geary is pacing again back by the door. I think he does that partly to see the witness and also to make the witness uncomfortable. Makes me nervous and I am not even there.

Why do they keep trying to bring in his sister's rape? This is the first time state hasn't objected to it being brought up. I'm not getting the significance of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo