GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of this judge.

Wife now testifying (her atty asked her testimony NOT be televised, the judge ruled against that request ).

Wow, Andrea Sneiderman sounds a bit hostile to the DA. She doesn't remember this email, she doesn't remember that email, she doesn't remember this other email. On the one hand, it is VERY typical for coworkers in consulting to travel together, have lunches, dinners & drink wine together; on the other hand it sounds as if she was at least extremely flattered by Hemy Neuman's adoration and wasn't trying too hard to fend him off. She states that she was afraid of being fired if she complained to her employer about Neuman's pursuit of her because she was so new to the job and was at that time the only one bringing home an income. Aargh, I can understand that point of view but she is making the DA drag every answer out of her.

Wow, Andrea Sneiderman sounds a bit hostile to the DA. She doesn't remember this email, she doesn't remember that email, she doesn't remember this other email. On the one hand, it is VERY typical for coworkers in consulting to travel together, have lunches, dinners & drink wine together; on the other hand it sounds as if she was at least extremely flattered by Hemy Neuman's adoration and wasn't trying too hard to fend him off. She states that she was afraid of being fired if she complained to her employer about Neuman's pursuit of her because she was so new to the job and was at that time the only one bringing home an income. Aargh, I can understand that point of view but she is making the DA drag every answer out of her.

ITA. I don't think it looks good when she isn't right in sync with the DA in trying to prosecute her husband's murderer. She may not be involved at all, but she's not coming off as super helpful either. Makes me wonder why.

Now the DA has moved on to asking her about an incident in which Rusty reported a strange person lurking around their house and she is really fired up and angry. Now she comes off as furious at the man who shot her husband!

I concur, she is being a bit hostile. However, the DA is not helping himself, either. He is treating his own witness as a suspect - which he might be doing as a preventive measure before the defense gets a stab at her.

I personally don't think she was involved.

I concur, she is being a bit hostile. However, the DA is not helping himself, either. He is treating his own witness as a suspect - which he might be doing as a preventive measure before the defense gets a stab at her.

I personally don't think she was involved.

I imagine you are right--the defense will go after her hammer and tongs. It really does seem as if her testimony wasn't discussed much if at all with the DA in advance. I'm in the Atlanta area and have to say this whole case has just seemed entirely weird ever since it happened. I have no idea if she was involved or not. However, I do NOT think Neuman was at all insane when he shot Rusty--this was all too well planned.

Yeah, it seems way too planned. He might definitely have some psychiatric diagnosis, but nothing that can be called insanity (in the legal sense). He gives me the total creeps.

It looks like the defense is going after the victim (couldn't hold down a job, etc.) and will try to paint the wife as unhappy in her marriage, etc. I guess that drove Neuman crazy, huh. :innocent:

It looks like the defense is going after the victim (couldn't hold down a job, etc.) and will try to paint the wife as unhappy in her marriage, etc. I guess that drove Neuman crazy, huh. :innocent:

Girl, you have not seen me without morning coffee.... THAT is some crazy, i tell you :p

Wow! I didn't realize this case had already gone to trial. I've been tied up in a Raleigh, NC retrial case on Michelle Young murder. I'll check in tomorrow. This looks to be intense.

Poor Rusty.
:(
fran

Defense: Ga. Suspect Says Angel Told Him To Kill

DECATUR, Ga. -- Prosecutors urged jurors Tuesday to dismiss a murder defendant's assertions that an angel who looked like Olivia Newton-John ordered him to fatally shoot a co-worker's husband outside a preschool. They say Hemy Neuman was not delusional or insane and had planned the killing

full article at link ..................... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ays-a_n_1292054.html?1329863427&ncid=webmail4

Girl, you have not seen me without morning coffee.... THAT is some crazy, i tell you :p

Oh, I SO hear you on that! :floorlaugh:

New article, 'Defense targets victim's widow': http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-daycare-shooters-defense-1357761.html

I had forgotten about this part:
"As Rusty falls, the defendant's not satisfied,” Geary said. “He walks up and, in near contact, he puts [the gun] to Rusty's neck and fires again. Then this man who didn't know the difference between right and wrong goes to his van and drives off quickly, to be lost in the morning rush hour."

:(

As much as Andrea's demeanor baffles me, I don't see how treating her like this helps the defense. If they were having an affair, it points less to "crazy" for me than it does to "jealous."

I don't understand what their relationship has to do with whether or not Neuman is legally insane.

An affair only helps the prosecution, because it give Neuman a motive. So I guess that explains why she is not so chummy with the DA. Especially if there really was no affair.

I am watching the live stream now and AS comes off as a bit arrogant and a bit defensive.

I am watching the live stream now and AS comes off as a bit arrogant and a bit defensive.

I think it's way more than a bit, and I wonder if it's her nerves or some sort of strategy. At any rate, I can imagine I'd be less than pleasant if I were in her situation. The defense is being very gentle with her thus far. I'm thinking that will change soon.

When the attorney began to ask her about the poem HN read to her, she smiled and the attorney scoffed at her asking her if something was funny. The judge jumped on the attorney for this.

Then, AS just interrupted the attorney and asked the judge if she could be addressed as "Mrs." Sneiderman as opposed to "Ms." Sneiderman. The judge agreed to her request. I don't know what to think of this.

When the attorney began to ask her about the poem HN read to her, she smiled and the attorney scoffed at her asking her if something was funny. The judge jumped on the attorney for this.

Then, AS just interrupted the attorney and asked the judge if she could be addressed as "Mrs." Sneiderman as opposed to "Ms." Sneiderman. The judge agreed to her request. I don't know what to think of this.

Actually, I wondered about the "Ms" stuff yesterday; I think I would have corrected the lawyer on this right off the bat, and I was surprised it took her so long.

I thought the lawyer's question about the scoffing was a legitimate question; why did the judge shoot him down on it??

I think the "Mrs." works on the prosecutors' favor. Reminds the jury that she is the widow, over and over and over.

Yep, she is a bit defensive, but holy mother, I would be like that too.

We're back on....

A parade of hotel employees. Andrea is looking bad. I don't understand why the DA is calling all these people who are trashing their main witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15