GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching another trial right now. But I appreciate your description of what's being testified to in this case. Now that I know this is in trial too, I want to keep track of it. I remember when this crime happened. Terribly sad. :(

Thanks so much!
fran

seattlechiquita A parade of hotel employees. Andrea is looking bad. I don't understand why the DA is calling all these people who are trashing their main witness.

Hi all, I lurk and read and thank but hardly post here. Sorry I don't know how to quote beyond the above....but I have lots to say about this trial. I think it's fascinating so far, and the insight I have into why the DA is making Andrea look bad is that the PT is attempting to establish this was run of the mill affair gone bad/unrequited love on Hemy's part. She toyed with him and made him chase her...giving him plenty of encouragement. Kind of like she wanted to have her cake and eat it, too. She loved the attention, excitement and flirtation, but didn't want to break up her family. Hemy wanted more and thought with Rusty out of the way, they could be together. The DA proves this rational motive and there goes Hemy's insanity defense down the drain. In order to establish this motive was rational, and perhaps even realistic, the DA must provide as much evidence as he can tending to show the depth of the relationship between Andrea and Hemy. IMO, the state is doing a great job thus far. I have lots of thoughts about Andrea but I won't go into them right now.

The above all MOO, IMO.

I've been away for a few hours. The live stream image on WXIA.com and picture on Wiz-TV are both frozen. Is the court on some sort of extended break?

I've been away for a few hours. The live stream image on WXIA.com and picture on Wiz-TV are both frozen. Is the court on some sort of extended break?

I think so. Frozen shot of the bailiff's butt is so not sexy LOL

Hi all, I lurk and read and thank but hardly post here. Sorry I don't know how to quote beyond the above....but I have lots to say about this trial. I think it's fascinating so far, and the insight I have into why the DA is making Andrea look bad is that the PT is attempting to establish this was run of the mill affair gone bad/unrequited love on Hemy's part. She toyed with him and made him chase her...giving him plenty of encouragement. Kind of like she wanted to have her cake and eat it, too. She loved the attention, excitement and flirtation, but didn't want to break up her family. Hemy wanted more and thought with Rusty out of the way, they could be together. The DA proves this rational motive and there goes Hemy's insanity defense down the drain. In order to establish this motive was rational, and perhaps even realistic, the DA must provide as much evidence as he can tending to show the depth of the relationship between Andrea and Hemy. IMO, the state is doing a great job thus far. I have lots of thoughts about Andrea but I won't go into them right now.

The above all MOO, IMO.

I agree with you. Hemy was not either hearing voices or seeing Olivia Newton John as an angel (which ireminds me of Xanadu, one of the woorst movies ever made). He knew exactly what he was doing.

Thanks so much for all the updates....I've been out of town and just got back to check on this trial. One question - did I read somewhere that Andrea has been sitting in the courtroom with Rusty's parents and family? Or did I hallucinate that? Surprising to me, if true.

i think it's obvious that the state is trying the easy case first. they think she is a conspirator and are hoping her testimony in this trial allows them to charge her.

during her testimony she has several times lamented how Rusty's murder really inconvenienced her life. people in her house , media, police asking for interviews. it has just been so awful for HER. she is clearly annoyed by this trial and the testimony of two witnesses today showed she lied , under oath, about not being physical with hemy.

it was graphic enough that she left the court room.

no she wasn't. not one tear was shed.

I've been watching another murder trial that the crime occurred almost 6 years ago, so I've missed the court sessions during this case.

Am I to understand that his wife Andrea, testified and never got emotional when talking about her dear husband Rusty, who was murdered? She never choked up?

I know everyone reacts differently, but I lost my husband almost 5 years ago, and I can hardly talk about him without having to stop and take a breath so the tears don't flow, and he passed of natural causes. I don't understand anyone who couldn't be still broken up over a cold blooded murder! Not even adding in it was by someone you knew. :(

Again, thanks for the updates. I'll check back in tomorrow.

wow,
cold,
fran

I can't believe I'm missing this trial (I'm with Jason Young right now). I have never liked AS from day one. I have read the updates at ajc.com and it appears she is lying about her physical relationship based on eyewitness testimony. But HN seems pretty crazy (not in a insane way) and obsessed (telling his realtor, HR, gun seller) about his mistress. I doubt she had anything to do with it (earlier I thought for sure she did), but she is unlikeable and everything I have read about Rusty - he deserved a much better wife.

I do find it suspect though about the flurry of phone calls between HN and AS right before the murder. Hm....

OH my goodness, this witness (didn't catch her name) testifies that Andrea knew Rusty was shot while she was driving to the hospital, even though Andrea previously testified that she had no idea what occurred when the police said there had been an accident at the preschool. This is very damning evidence against Andrea, IMO. I wonder if there will be even further damaging testimony against the grieving widow? She's really coming across badly so far. The plot thickens.

Love how this judge is keeping things moving at a quick pace!

Andrea pretended to choke up a few times but she never shed a tear. It was bizarre. She perks up when they talk about love notes from Hemy and loves to talk about how the police and media have really inconvenienced her life. It's ALL about her.

I lost my father suddenly (heart attack) 10 years ago. I am not really an emotional person and watching them asking her about the moment she found out her husband was dead brought back feelings to ME that almost got me choked up. When Andrea was recapping getting THAT call to go to the daycare and that Rusty had been in an accident she was a BRAT. She acted like a 14 year old who was being rude. It was so strange. Knowing the panic you feel when you don't know what's going on and you're driving into the unknown, I could not understand how she acted on the stand.

Andrea collapsed inside the courtroom.

Rusty's father testified that she ALSO called him and told him "Rusty has been shot". this was when Andrea was on the way to the daycare and ALL she'd been told was "Rusty has been in an accident". So that's two people (BFF and FIL) who testified Andrea told them Rusty had been shot before anyone says they told her. The father left the stand, glared and Andrea and Andrea collapsed in her father's arms. This is per The AJC.

Another tid bit. The first day Andrea couldn't explain why she never tried to call Rusty after she'd been told he was in an accident. However, after Andrea told her FIL that his son had been shot, he tried to call Rusty. So the wife doesn't call her husband but the FIL calls his son.

Andrea collapsed inside the courtroom.

Rusty's father testified that she ALSO called him and told him "Rusty has been shot". this was when Andrea was on the way to the daycare and ALL she'd been told was "Rusty has been in an accident". So that's two people (BFF and FIL) who testified Andrea told them Rusty had been shot before anyone says they told her. The father left the stand, glared and Andrea and Andrea collapsed in her father's arms. This is per The AJC.

Another tid bit. The first day Andrea couldn't explain why she never tried to call Rusty after she'd been told he was in an accident. However, after Andrea told her FIL that his son had been shot, he tried to call Rusty. So the wife doesn't call her husband but the FIL calls his son.

Oh dear. NOt looking good for MRS. Sneiderman. She made repeated calls to HN on her way to hospital, but not husband. Hmmm..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/friend-contradicts-day-care-murder-victims-wife/nJy8Q/

Try this link.
http://www.11alive.com/video/live_4/

And yes,it's all going on right now. Basically, testimony from her her BFF and FIL did NOT go well for her today. Right now the witnesses are boring. People from the car rental company where he rented the get away vehicle and now his coworkers who are describing how Hemy acted the day he murdered Rusty.

Court has been dismissed for the day. No reason other than the judge having other cases to tend to. weird

Court has been dismissed for the day. No reason other than the judge having other cases to tend to. weird

The strobe light from the alarm was too distracting for Judge Adams. I'm bummed. Oh well, at least I can leave the house and run errands now. I've got the Jason Young testimony to watch later. :waiting:

Thanks for the updates!!! I am way here in Seattle, so by the time I got to the computer, the feed was gone. Pffft me.

And yes, AS has issues and is not my fave person. I will not deny that one bit. But Hemy's defense of insanity is complete and absolute BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15