GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, Sleuth peeps. The discussion about the insanity plea is very interesting this morning, and also gives me headaches :( I have a general juror-rules type question that may or may not be related.

I was watching the movie, A Time to Kill, last night. It was a fictional story; the defendant in the movie was pleading temporary insanity after killing the men who raped and tortured his daughter. There was discussion in the movie about the legal basis of an insanity plea. Would it have been improper for the jurors in the Hemy Neuman trial to watch this movie last night; would they have had to report it if they did?

Also, if the Neuman jurors saw or read stories about the judge losing his mother, did they have to report that... could it deemed to be prejudicial in any way?

Just wondering (because my headache isn't quite big enough).

One of the jurors was caught reading Best Lawyers of 2011, and the Judge wanted to reiterate that they aren't to be doing any type of research.

MOO-What is with these people on jury's lately? I would be VERY careful about anything I said, heard, read...etc... Giving either side a reason for a mistrial isn't worth it.

Glad to see you finally got up!! LOL :floorlaugh:

BBM Crazy :what: As a juror you could end up in jail for contempt of court. But LOL at the title of the book. Wonder if any of the lawyers in this case are in it. :D

(I hate when they mess with the time! My body clock will be off for a week :banghead:)

Is HN's chair set low?

Yeah, all defense folks will now do, it's called the Casey Anthony rule.

UPDATE: Closing arguments TOMORROW AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jurors released - and now they are doing charge conference for the case.

That poor court reporter - The judge talks sooooooooooo fast!

Morning, Sleuth peeps. The discussion about the insanity plea is very interesting this morning, and also gives me headaches :( I have a general juror-rules type question that may or may not be related.

I was watching the movie, A Time to Kill, last night. It was a fictional story; the defendant in the movie was pleading temporary insanity after killing the men who raped and tortured his daughter. There was discussion in the movie about the legal basis of an insanity plea. Would it have been improper for the jurors in the Hemy Neuman trial to watch this movie last night; would they have had to report it if they did?

Also, if the Neuman jurors saw or read stories about the judge losing his mother, did they have to report that... could it deemed to be prejudicial in any way?

Just wondering (because my headache isn't quite big enough).

Not the same circumstances, imo. Great movie, btw. John Grisham wrote the book.

Thanks for the updates! Tomorrow will be a busy day in trials! This one expected to go to the jury. Ravi (Tyler Clementi) trial as well. And the Tori Stafford case resumes after a long break.

:seeya:

Thinking of Rusty's family and his children. With all the shenanigans (affair, ONJ, BW, angels, demons), we sometimes forget the real victim.

Rusty Sneiderman who lost his life to a senseless crime. :rose:

Thinking of Rusty's family and his children. With all the shenanigans (affair, ONJ, BW, angels, demons), we sometimes forget the real victim.

Rusty Sneiderman who lost his life to a senseless crime. :rose:

Well said! No matter what the reasons were, his family lost someone they loved dearly and that pain will be with them for the rest of their lives.

It is easy to note that Mr. Neuman noted he did this to save Rusty's children but couldn't see the greater harm he was doing to them by taking the life of their father. This point is hard to overlook.

UPDATE: Hemy Neuman Trial - Closing Arguments set for Tuesday
The defense will get to offer its closing first

Monday morning, the 13th day of testimony in the Hemy Neuman murder trial, brought the last day of new evidence in the case.

On Tuesday, the prosecution and defense are both expected to give their closing arguments.

"We're getting close to the end, but we're not finished yet," Judge Gregory Adams told the jury shortly before sending them home for the day at noon.

After the jury left, the two sides conferred with Adams and agreed to let the defense give its closing arguments first. Each side is expected to take about 2 hours. That means Neuman's fate could be in the hands of the jury by early afternoon.
article and blog at link .................. http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/hemy-neuman-trial-prosecutors-press-case-that-neuman-was-sane

I just want to ask any legal people reading here.

IF the defense goes first in closing, then prosecution, does the defense get a rebuttal?

I know here in California, I observed the Scott Peterson case. The prosecution went first, the defense second, the prosecution was allowed a rebuttal.

tia
fran

Hi Angelmom,

No, I did not see the testimony. However, I wondered that if its bi-polar, then usually that has to be treated because of the reoccurring symptoms. From what I know about bipolar, it really has to be treated at some point. With that being said, I don't think what he has is bipolar but I am still not completely convinced that nothing is wrong with him.

If you can find it, you should go back and watch it. This doctor has vast experience and his testimony was incredibly helpful. He was the only doctor who spent any significant period of time with Hemy. (Again, back to the point that you can fake it for a few hours over a few days, but not 24/7 for three months.)

He specifically noted bi-polar, and said that those symptoms do NOT go away untreated. At no point has HN been medicated for any mental illness, and yet for three months he was under the closest supervision and showed zero signs of bi-polar or anything else. He didn't have trouble sleeping, he bathed and shaved, he wasn't acting delusional or sharing any delusions.

If HN was having delusions so severely that he murdered someone, how did that just vanish once he was arrested?

Also, and the strongest point I heard mentioned...more than one doctor pointed out that HN blames the delusions for making him kill Rusty, but at several points the demon supposedly told him to kill himself. HN didn't take his own life BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE WRONG. Somehow his inability to tell right from wrong only comes out when his own life is on the line.

He needs to be in :jail: and I'm really wondering if Andrea should be in the next cell.

Rubin in his closing: no disrespect intended to the Sneiderman family. They lost a son, brother and father. Hmmm...not a husband. Wonder if the snub of Andrea's loss of her husband was intentional? :waitasec:

Comcast chanell 211 doesn't have sound during closing arguments! Anyone else having same problem! Other options on Comcast? Internet links that you have that are working? :please:

UPDATE: Hemy Neuman Trial - Closing Arguments set for Tuesday
The defense will get to offer its closing first

Monday morning, the 13th day of testimony in the Hemy Neuman murder trial, brought the last day of new evidence in the case.

On Tuesday, the prosecution and defense are both expected to give their closing arguments.

"We're getting close to the end, but we're not finished yet," Judge Gregory Adams told the jury shortly before sending them home for the day at noon.

After the jury left, the two sides conferred with Adams and agreed to let the defense give its closing arguments first. Each side is expected to take about 2 hours. That means Neuman's fate could be in the hands of the jury by early afternoon.
article and blog at link .................. http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/hemy-neuman-trial-prosecutors-press-case-that-neuman-was-sane

Atthelake,

wsbtv.com feed is working for me. Can't get you the link cause I'm watching on my ipad but posting on my desktop. If you go to the website, I think you can find it. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo