GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, I need to study our legal process more to understand why it's okay to make such strong, unproven accusations against third parties during opening and closing arguments. It drove me nuts during the Anthony trial (with the accusations of incest against George), and it's driving me nuts with the whole "Andrea is evil and made him do it" defense.

Andrea may well have been involved in some way, and I won't be surprised if she's charged with perjury or worse, but so far she hasn't been legally charged and is not the one on trial. There's no doubt in my mind that Hemy Neuman is a screwed-up individual who had a very sad, screwed-up childhood and didn't seem capable of maintaining healthy adult relationships. Bottom line, though...did the defense prove that he was delusional and did not know right from wrong when he meticulously planned and carried out a brutal murder? Heck no, but it was an excellent try. I believe he will be found guilty and sentenced to life.

I completely agree and I bet you will hear similar sentiments in the people's closing argument. Not so much about how this has or may ruin her life, but how she is not the one being tried, and her actions have relevance only to establish a clear and compelling motive. MOO

p.s. I officially declare :rocker: as my favorite smiley.

LOL! this one is my fave. We use it on another board I post on.

partysmiley.gif

Re: Defense pointing out to the Jury that they haven't seen AS since she hugged Shayna. He spent about a minute making sure the Jury realized they had NOT seen AS in court since that day.

Do you think he's hoping they believe she was possibly arrested and charged? This would further his statements to them that she was the master manipulator who took advantage of a mentally unstable man.

"the DT made our 8 THOUSAND pages into EIGHT pages..."

oh snap!

HN is looking pissed.

For what it's worth, that's not a good argument but it presents well to the Jury. It's a common practice for the State to throw the kitchen sink at the Defense during the discovery process. They gave them 8,000 pages of info to keep them busy and to not reveal the key points of their case. They make the Defense fish for the valuable info and have junior associates pour over thousands of pages searching for the good stuff.

So. . the fact that the Defense only found 80 pages of valuable info is not very surprising nor does it truly reflect on the strength of their case. However, the jury likely won't realize this.

Mentioning HN's "mamma" was not called to testify about a supposed horrible abusive childhood - "because it is not true"

OMG he is cracking me up :floorlaugh:

OMG! "maybe if he had been smacked with a belt a little more he wouldn't have killed a man!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the funnest thread on WS! :floorlaugh:

I haven't been able to watching the closing arguments and it is KILLING me! I think HN is going down. The DT may have proved that Andrea is craycray, but they didn't make the case for HN.

"hemy's hard knock life...wah wah wah!"

Yes, the prosecutor said "wah wah wah.". I'm dying here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, no, he did NOT just say that!!

"if he would have gotten smacked more with a belt maybe he wouldn't have killed a guy."

I don't know about this prosecutor. He's great on his feet and I bet the jury's wide awake, but, IMO, he's being too cutsie and flip, and it might back-fire. I'm looking forward to Geary pulling it all together.

BTW, does the defense get some kind of closing statement rebuttal thingie (that's the legal term, I'm pretty sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo