GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If AS felt so uncomfortable in the situation with her boss at GE since she was a new employee. AS had choices she could have made: #1 going to HR to convey what was going on and #2 find another position at another company.

No one forced AS to stay employed at GE. When she felt HN was crossing those lines, she should have followed with #1 or #2. She only had months invested in this position the way I understand.

If AS is as smart as all of her friends claimed she was then why or why did she put herself in the above situation.

All imo!

See this thinking bothers me. We are holding the person who is working and feeling bad to a harsher standard than the offender. Why should she have to leave? Why should she leave a job she liked?

If you have never felt pressured in a job by someone who was coming on to you, it sounds cut and clear but it is not. I don't think that we can fault women for wanting to keep their jobs if they are being harassed. We know that often the woman pays the price for reporting the incidents.

i think the sentence she received is more than most judges would have given her. imo, the prosecutor did not look happy during his press conference. i wonder what the evidence they found was that made them drop the murder charges?

i think the sentence she received is more than most judges would have given her. imo, the prosecutor did not look happy during his press conference. i wonder what the evidence they found was that made them drop the murder charges?
My guess is they have NONE. If they did they would never have dropped it. There is no evidence that she planned, or had any part in the murder of RS. If they had an inkling of it they would have brought it.

See this thinking bothers me. We are holding the person who is working and feeling bad to a harsher standard than the offender. Why should she have to leave? Why should she leave a job she liked?

If you have never felt pressured in a job by someone who was coming on to you, it sounds cut and clear but it is not. I don't think that we can fault women for wanting to keep their jobs if they are being harassed. We know that often the woman pays the price for reporting the incidents.

i agree with this completely. i'm not 100% sure this applies to andrea because i personally believe she was a more than willing participant and even stated in her allocution that she liked the attention, but as a general principle i definitely agree with this statement.

If AS felt so uncomfortable in the situation with her boss at GE since she was a new employee. AS had choices she could have made: #1 going to HR to convey what was going on and #2 find another position at another company.

No one forced AS to stay employed at GE. When she felt HN was crossing those lines, she should have followed with #1 or #2. She only had months invested in this position the way I understand.

If AS is as smart as all of her friends claimed she was then why or why did she put herself in the above situation.

All imo!

Her whole "I was afraid" is complete, absolute horsesh... no one gets that high in any career who is not a strong person. She knew better. Had any of that crapola been truth, she would have not, well, evidence spoke.

Tired of this case. Tired of Andrea and her enablers. Tired of seeing the Sneidermans suffer (and what a class act family they are, hats off). Tired tired tired. 5 years is not nearly enough -- but it will erase any chance AS has of ever regaining status in her community upon release. Ever.

From the lawyers on CNN discussing the case. And it does not mean she was. To me he sounds like a crazy murderer set on killing Rusty.

They drop charges but not usually at the beginning of the jury selection. I see many problems with murder charges. I believe that HN acted alone.

Well, apparently the lawyers on CNN know everything...

I know they drop charges, and a lot of times it's at the beginning of jury selection.

My opinion and yours are vastly different. I see AS as a manipulative liar who wanted out of her marriage, by any means necessary. It sure looks like she got her wish, now doesn't it?

JMO

I am going to assume that GE has a harassment policy and that every employee when hired is made aware of it.

AS is an educated woman and this wasn't her first job out of high school.

If HN's advances were unwelcome she could have gone to a manager or sought assistance from the HR department or an employee representative type of person. She didn't. She engaged in the relationship. She chose to lie about it even after her husband was murdered.

Her whole "I was afraid" is complete, absolute horsesh... no one gets that high in any career who is not a strong person. She knew better. Had any of that crapola been truth, she would have not, well, evidence spoke.

Tired of this case. Tired of Andrea and her enablers. Tired of seeing the Sneidermans suffer (and what a class act family they are, hats off). Tired tired tired. 5 years is not nearly enough -- but it will erase any chance AS has of ever regaining status in her community upon release. Ever.

RBBM:

Amen Sista!!!

My guess is they have NONE. If they did they would never have dropped it. There is no evidence that she planned, or had any part in the murder of RS. If they had an inkling of it they would have brought it.

i agree it's all circumstantial and i feel that they wanted to get her on something and the perjury charges/police interference (i forget exact name of charge) was the easiest way to convict her of anything related to the crime. i'm fine with the sentence she received. I hope rusty's parents will be able to have visitation with the kids. That is the hardest part of this case for me, rusty and andrea's two children

If she wanted to stay, she should have put up boundaries. There was no reason the very first time Hemy started talking about personal problems of either him, or AS, that she couldn't have cut it off to keep it a business relationship.
The reason he kept going was because she kept responding.
Scarlett, they were not going to go without food or clothing if she lost her job. She wanted the job because it made her feel important and prestigious. She was only making $125 K a year! That was not going to make or break them.

Well, apparently the lawyers on CNN know everything...

I know they drop charges, and a lot of times it's at the beginning of jury selection.

My opinion and yours are vastly different. I see AS as a manipulative liar who wanted out of her marriage, by any means necessary. It sure looks like she got her wish, now doesn't it?

JMO

Of course not. But it was lawyers pro prosecution and some pro defense and yet they all agreed that a murder charge in this case was going to be pretty difficult.

Im not sure what I see yet. I look at things without emotion and follow trails. I don't have any personal feelings about the case or AS.

If she wanted to stay, she should have put up boundaries. There was no reason the very first time Hemy started talking about personal problems of either him, or AS, that she couldn't have cut it off to keep it a business relationship.
Scarlett, they were not going to go without food or clothing if she lost her job. She wanted the job because it made her feel important and prestigious. She was only making $125 K a year! That was not going to make or break them.

It does not make a difference why she wanted her job. No one would say that of a man. She had the job, earned it and should have had to give it up because of her boss.

Why does she have to be penalized because he was crossing lines. Are we really going back there? I am not a feminist but this thinking to me is scary. I mean the woman is harassed yet she should just leave and give up her accomplishments and hard work, Her job she likes because of an over zealous boss?

That is scary to me.

Of course not. But it was lawyers pro prosecution and some pro defense and yet they all agreed that a murder charge in this case was going to be pretty difficult.

Im not sure what I see yet. I look at things without emotion and follow trails. I don't have any personal feelings about the case or AS.

Well, apparently you've never had anyone close to you murdered. I have, I look at things a lot differently, especially when it involves a manipulative liar who wanted out of a relationship by any means necessary.

Well, apparently you've never had anyone close to you murdered. I have, I look at things a lot differently, especially when it involves a manipulative liar who wanted out of a relationship by any means necessary.

Actually I do know someone who was murdered. He was beaten to death.

I still don't use his death to judge others. I look at things fairly and with an open mind without emotion to find the proof the facts the details that say someone is guilty. If I am emotional about it, I can not look at it clearly. It does not mean I a not compassionate but when looking at cases the emotions don't cloud my thinking.

It does not make a difference why she wanted her job. No one would say that of a man. She had the job, earned it and should have had to give it up because of her boss.

Why does she have to be penalized because he was crossing lines. Are we really going back there? I am not a feminist but this thinking to me is scary. I mean the woman is harassed yet she should just leave and give up her accomplishments and hard work, Her job she likes because of an over zealous boss?

That is scary to me.

People quit or change jobs every day because of their bosses or work environment.
She could have turned him in, or done what every other person who can't get along with their boss do.
Ask yourself why she really didn't tell Rusty any of this. "He would have made me quit" was what she said. Sounds like it would have been good advice, but she was going to do what she wanted to do, knowing there was a problem she wasn't handling. She RESPONDED to his advances because she was flattered. If she had kept this a business relationship, I'm betting Hemy would have backed off. He continued because she responded.
When a personal conversation starts, just change the subject. Or say outright, "'I'd rather not discuss my personal life."Nobody forced her to share the personal thing going on in her life, including her marital problems. This is if having a personal relationship makes you uncomfortable, which it obviously did not to Andrea.
I suspect the arguments she and Rusty had about her job included Rusty wanting her to quit, and I suspect Andrea refused. I hope she feels guilt for betraying Rusty.

Same here, I have no emotions invested in this case so am looking at what was presented on both sides. I didn't see any texts or e-mails where she was telling girlfriends or any others how unhappy she was with Rusty or her marriage. I didn't see any of her telling her boss she adored him or what a great lover he was or anything of that nature. I saw things that others may draw inferences to, but nothing directly from her.

Like I said, I didn't see the HN trial and I agree she never should have testified but I find it confusing that the prosecution put her on the stand, got a conviction in that trial and then turned around and charged her with lying. It just feels funny, that's all.

Does anyone have the link for the entire news conference the defense gave? I missed it.
TIA

Actually I do know someone who was murdered. He was beaten to death.

I still don't use his death to judge others. I look at things fairly and with an open mind without emotion to find the proof the facts the details that say someone is guilty. If I am emotional about it, I can not look at it clearly. It does not mean I a not compassionate but when looking at cases the emotions don't cloud my thinking.

Well, that is good that you don't use his death to judge others. I don't have that capacity, when it involves a manipulative liar.

JMO

Thanks Scarlett for the Welcome..!

As far as going to HR, who knows how that plays out, she was actually advised against in by her lawyer friend who took that stand. Maybe a good idea maybe not if you think you can handle it yourself, or if you really want to keep your job and advance upward. No matter what people say there is most likely a good chance it will hurt you down the line somewhere if you are looking forward to a long future with a certain company, especially a big and successful one like GE.

Why though should any women have to deal with that?

I also didn't understand how the anonymous filing in HR works. How long can something like that remain anonymous. You would think all the facts are going to have to come out at sometime if a real resolution is going to take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024