GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each charge carries maximum sentences ranging from five to 10 years in prison.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/final-pretrail-hearing-set-sneiderman-trial/nY463/

The time depends if the Judge will run consecutively or concurrently and show sympathy for the children.
I may be hard hearted, but I don't think the fact that she is a WOMAN (who happens to have children) should factor in. Would a man be granted that factor?

I do think if she goes to prison there will be the mother of all law suits to claim custody of the children. Since AS is a felon many times over, the decision is easy. Let the Sneiderman's care for them, rather than AS's folks.

Missed the verdict, but have seen the replays when I got home at 3:00 -- but just heard something surprising I did not know -- Shayna Citron's lawyer (Abt) just said on HLN that Shayna was one of Andrea's original older friends who had stayed loyal the longest -- all the other older friends went by the wayside when they were lied to -- the 13 witnesses who testified in Andrea's defense are "johnny come lately" friends who have only known Andrea or become good friends with her the last one or two years -- did anyone else know this? I was under the impression that Steffi Miller and Andrea Lipman were long time friends -- I am confused --

All of the counts that she was found guilty on, I agree with.

For the four not guilty counts, here are my :twocents::

Count 4 and Count 5 that pertain to when Andrea actually knew that her husband was shot - I agree with the not guilty verdict. At the end of the trial, and after all of the testimony, I still am not clear as to who said what to who, and when they said it. There is so much confusion that still swirls to this day as to how the communication went down that morning, that in all likelihood the jury was just as confused as I am. I'm not discounting the testimony from DS, SC and the co-worker who all testified about AS saying Rusty was shot. I believe that those words were used... I just don't have enough clear information from everybody else (the daycare people, the police, etc) as to when they told Andrea different pieces of information. So on this one, even though my gut tells me something is off, I think there is enough confusion and doubt that I'd have to go with not guilty.

For Count 7, pertaining to Hemy's feelings not being returned, I disagree with the not guilty. I really can't figure out how they came to this conclusion (especially when they found her guilty on the other ones), but the only thing I can think of is that maybe "Hemy's feelings" was too vague for them.

And for Count 13, where AS claims that she didn't go to police with her suspicions because of her mother's fears for safety, I completely disagree with the not guilty verdict. This lie was very clearly and concisely proven in court. This verdict may be due to the jurors not getting to see that videotape again for clarification. If they had watched the mother's deposition again and compared it to her testimony, there's no way you can miss the inconsistencies.

IMO

I may be hard hearted, but I don't think the fact that she is a WOMAN (who happens to have children) should factor in. Would a man be granted that factor?

I do think if she goes to prison there will be the mother of all law suits to claim custody of the children. Since AS is a felon many times over, the decision is easy. Let the Sneiderman's care for them, rather than AS's folks.

IMO, Stephen should get custody. :seeya:

Missed the verdict, but have seen the replays when I got home at 3:00 -- but just heard something surprising I did not know -- Shayna Citron's lawyer (Abt) just said on HLN that Shayna was one of Andrea's original older friends who had stayed loyal the longest -- all the other older friends went by the wayside when they were lied to -- the 13 witnesses who testified in Andrea's defense are "johnny come lately" friends who have only known Andrea or become good friends with her the last one or two years -- did anyone else know this? I was under the impression that Steffi Miller and Andrea Lipman were long time friends -- I am confused --

In Shayna's testimony she said that Andrea Lipman was at the house when Shayna arrived the day after the murder, so she's been friends with her at least that long.

I get the impression that Andrea "Pants on Fire" Sneiderman is the type that considers Facebook friends "friends."

I'm a nightowl, so I sleep til 11-12 in the morning...I got up, turned on HLN and they were just starting with the verdict! I had been so worried that she would walk, and I truly think SHE thought she would walk! Hahaha on Andrea! I am so pleased that she got the guilties that she got! I hope she tries to speak tomorrow, cuz she just can't help being arrogant/belligerent! I watched the HN trial and just followed here for Andrea's. Is it true what Vinnie said, that trying her for murder, in the future, would be double jeopardy?

Anyway, estatic that she got what she did. Hopefully this judge, being the tough judge everyone says he is, he will give her at least 10 years.

Andrea>>>>>:jail:

All of the counts that she was found guilty on, I agree with.

For the four not guilty counts, here are my :twocents::

Count 4 and Count 5 that pertain to when Andrea actually knew that her husband was shot - I agree with the not guilty verdict. At the end of the trial, and after all of the testimony, I still am not clear as to who said what to who, and when they said it. There is so much confusion that still swirls to this day as to how the communication went down that morning, that in all likelihood the jury was just as confused as I am. I'm not discounting the testimony from DS, SC and the co-worker who all testified about AS saying Rusty was shot. I believe that those words were used... I just don't have enough clear information from everybody else (the daycare people, the police, etc) as to when they told Andrea different pieces of information. So on this one, even though my gut tells me something is off, I think there is enough confusion and doubt that I'd have to go with not guilty.IMO

How do you reconcile the text message she sent to her co-worker? It's in black and white, no spin needed or faulty memory to blame. Andrea said herself she didn't know he was shot until she got to the death room at AMC, those were her words. If the text message was before she arrived at the hospital it is irrefutable evidence of her guilt, period.

The jury is instructed to bring their life experience with them into the jury room. I would think that the moment you find out that your husband is murdered would be SEARED into your brain for the rest of your life, you will remember where you were and won't be able to forget it, ever. Just like the moment you find out your son has been murdered. You don't forget a moment like that in your life, which is why even without the text message I would believe Rusty's father.

When an attorney has evidence as powerful as that and it is their job to discredit it and they really can't, then next line of attack is to either attack the credibility of the person saying it or to try to confuse the jury into thinking it's not as damaging as it looks. I suppose her lawyers were better than I gave them credit for if they were able to refute something like that.

I'm a nightowl, so I sleep til 11-12 in the morning...I got up, turned on HLN and they were just starting with the verdict! I had been so worried that she would walk, and I truly think SHE thought she would walk! Hahaha on Andrea! I am so pleased that she got the guilties that she got! I hope she tries to speak tomorrow, cuz she just can't help being arrogant/belligerent! I watched the HN trial and just followed here for Andrea's. Is it true what Vinnie said, that trying her for murder, in the future, would be double jeopardy?

Anyway, estatic that she got what she did. Hopefully this judge, being the tough judge everyone says he is, he will give her at least 10 years.

Andrea>>>>>:jail:

No there is no Double Jeopardy attached here as the murder charges were dropped prior to going to trial.

Perhaps Vinne P meant that is why they, the State of Georgia dropped the charges at this time - so there would be no double jeopardy.

There is no statue of limitations on filing murder charges - so they can be filed at any time in the future.

No there is no Double Jeopardy attached here as the murder charges were dropped prior to going to trial.

Perhaps Vinne P meant that is why they, the State of Georgia dropped the charges at this time - so there would be no double jeopardy.

There is no statue of limitations on filing murder charges - so they can be filed at any time in the future.

exactly. i hope hemy will finally agree to testify against her at some point in time. hopefully sooner rather than later

Thank you for posting this link - I had heard the beginning of Shayna Citron speaking in court (I guess the day before this one, in the red dress) - I thought the previous day was kind of odd (she began sobbing about the sparkle in Andrea's eyes).
SC gets stranger and stranger the more she talks - at first I thought she sounded like she had a crush on Rusty. Hearing this it almost sounds as though it might have been on Andrea.
Did Shayna have her own attorney for Hemy's trial, too? She just seems so odd - JMO.

is there a list of what charges AS was found guilty of and what exactly each charge pertains to?(which lie)

Whoa! Taken into custody and sentencing tomorrow at 9! That surprised me!

Had to work today but just watched the verdict and I am smiling, and off to :jail: AS goes, I will check in tomorrow and see what the judge sentences her to :please: and hope she gets what she deserves.

What does it mean about her having 30 days to appeal? Does this mean she can still get out of whatever sentence the judge gives her to tomorrow. I am not really up on the next step? :scared:

It is lying to a police officer which is what the prosecutor said, doesn't matter how bad the cop is or how small the lie is, where is the argument here? IMO

I witness perjury every time I'm in court. I have never seen one person, in 13 years of practice, prosecuted for perjury. Even when it later becomes clear a person lied under oath. Why? Because perjury cases are pretty much only brought in the most serious cases, like murder, when that's the only likely charge to result in the conviction of someone who LE or the DA feels is probably guilty of something much worse.

Regarding Count 7:

Perhaps the jurors felt, as I do, that no way did Andrea return Hemy's love. She pretended to, to rope him in, but I think this was the one thing she testified to truthfully.

How do you reconcile the text message she sent to her co-worker? It's in black and white, no spin needed or faulty memory to blame. Andrea said herself she didn't know he was shot until she got to the death room at AMC, those were her words. If the text message was before she arrived at the hospital it is irrefutable evidence of her guilt, period.

The jury is instructed to bring their life experience with them into the jury room. I would think that the moment you find out that your husband is murdered would be SEARED into your brain for the rest of your life, you will remember where you were and won't be able to forget it, ever. Just like the moment you find out your son has been murdered. You don't forget a moment like that in your life, which is why even without the text message I would believe Rusty's father.

When an attorney has evidence as powerful as that and it is their job to discredit it and they really can't, then next line of attack is to either attack the credibility of the person saying it or to try to confuse the jury into thinking it's not as damaging as it looks. I suppose her lawyers were better than I gave them credit for if they were able to refute something like that.

This is a tricky one. I totally hear where you are coming from. Out of all of the counts, these were the only 2 that I personally found myself on the fence about strictly from a juror's perspective. Personally, I believe she knew in advance that Hemy was going to do something to Rusty. Her out of control distraught behavior at the daycare center is very suspicious to me. But analyzing it as if I was in that jury box, needing to be able to connect all of the dots and considering the totality of the evidence presented to me, I had some issues.

Like I mentioned in my original post, I honestly cannot explain to anybody how the whole line of communication went down that morning, which I find bizarre. There have now been two full trials, and I still don't understand what happened that morning. Between the daycare people, the police on-site, the various family members who all gave testimony... most of those stories don't make any sense to me. How could the daycare people and the police not tell Andrea what happened? I don't know... I was desperately waiting for clarification on this one piece of the story and never got it. I just wonder if the jury felt the same way that I did, and needed more to be comfortable with guilty on 4 and 5.

Don't get me wrong... I'm very pleased with the 9 guiltys and think it should have been 11 guiltys! I'm not being easy on her by any means.

IMO

As far as the 9/4 verdict split, I have to wonder if there were those on the jury who just couldn't wrap their heads around them or felt strongly that she was innocent of those. Perhaps the jury compromised on those counts so as not to hang on them.

Overall, I am pleased with the outcome of THIS trial. Whether or not she is charged with murder, the least she knows is that it could happen at any time. That, plus prison time should put some sort of damper on any happiness she expects to find down the line.

On the other hand, she is Andrea Sneiderman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member