GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Count 7:

Perhaps the jurors felt, as I do, that no way did Andrea return Hemy's love. She pretended to, to rope him in, but I think this was the one thing she testified to truthfully.

This is a really good point! Hemy seemingly was in love with Andrea. Andrea seemingly enjoyed messing around with Hemy probably both physically and emotionally, but I don't think there is any proof that she was ever in love with him. These are two different sets of emotions.

I just read the Grand Jury Indictment against AS. I am late to this case and I wondered about AS finances. IIRC, RS had lamented that AS was not bringing home the $ that perhaps he thought she would have according to Shayna Citron.

On 11/18/10, RS and AS had $960,000 in the bank. They lived in a $920,000 4500 sq. ft. Home which was subsequently put on the market for $979,900. AS applied for the $2M death benefit from RS life insurance policies on 11/30/10 and received the $2M plus interest on 2/17/11.

She certainly was not hurting for money. However, I agree with the other posters here that the money is gone, spent on her defense. I know see why Joseph Dell was so important to her as she needed money to live and support her children. What should have been RS legacy to his children, ensuring them of an education, has now been spent on an incredibly selfish woman. Had she told the truth from the outset, I doubt she would be sitting in jail presently.

Appeals are expensive and I would imagine that if she posts bond, some if not all has to be secured. Are these attorneys appellate qualified or whatever the term is? Now that she is a felon, she can't write a book can she? Because of the Son of Sam laws? I think she has just been flushed into the sewer... JMV

This is a tricky one. I totally hear where you are coming from. Out of all of the counts, these were the only 2 that I personally found myself on the fence about strictly from a juror's perspective. Personally, I believe she knew in advance that Hemy was going to do something to Rusty. Her out of control distraught behavior at the daycare center is very suspicious to me. But analyzing it as if I was in that jury box, needing to be able to connect all of the dots and considering the totality of the evidence presented to me, I had some issues.

Like I mentioned in my original post, I honestly cannot explain to anybody how the whole line of communication went down that morning, which I find bizarre. There have now been two full trials, and I still don't understand what happened that morning. Between the daycare people, the police on-site, the various family members who all gave testimony... most of those stories don't make any sense to me. How could the daycare people and the police not tell Andrea what happened? I don't know... I was desperately waiting for clarification on this one piece of the story and never got it. I just wonder if the jury felt the same way that I did, and needed more to be comfortable with guilty on 4 and 5.

Don't get me wrong... I'm very pleased with the 9 guiltys and think it should have been 11 guiltys! I'm not being easy on her by any means.

IMO

Please don't think I'm badgering you, but I am so glad that you said you agreed with these two NGs because I couldn't for the life of me understand how of all 13 counts, the two slam-dunk guilty charges were found not guilty. I need to know the thought process behind the case not being made on these two specifically.

I agree that the testimony of others is scattered and I too was surprised that NO ONE told her what happened on the phone or in person, especially when she shows up and there's police tape all over. Parents dropping their kids off actually witnesses firsthand the murder, so it seems far-fetched that she was completely in the dark, BUT the point is Andrea 'Pants on Fire" Sneiderman was CRYSTAL CLEAR, no doubt about it, stoic in her claim that she did not find out that Rusty had been shot until AMC. She didn't just say she found out Rusty was dead at AMC, she said it was the first time she found out he was shot and that he was dead. She interrupted Don Geary's questioning just to make that point. She didn't hem and haw, she was precise and she was clear and she left herself no wiggle room. She was positive. In my opinion, all the prosecutor had to do was match the time of the text message to the time stamp on her hurling herself all over the parking lot at Dunwoody or, more importantly, the time stamp on any security camera at Atlantic Medical Center and if that text was sent before she got to the hospital she is guilty of perjury. It can't be any simpler than that. Of all 13 counts, the fact that she was found not guilty on those two is scary for the state of our justice system.

Regarding Count 7:

Perhaps the jurors felt, as I do, that no way did Andrea return Hemy's love. She pretended to, to rope him in, but I think this was the one thing she testified to truthfully.

This is a really good point! Hemy seemingly was in love with Andrea. Andrea seemingly enjoyed messing around with Hemy probably both physically and emotionally, but I don't think there is any proof that she was ever in love with him. These are two different sets of emotions.

I find count 7 - NG very puzzling. If you look at counts 6, 8 -12 all guilty. No, maybe not in love with him, but count 7 doesn't say anything about love at all. Maybe because they didn't see any e-mails where she shared her feelings towards him? :dunno: I just don't get it. :waitasec:

It would appear that they did think she was having an affair by a GUILTY on count 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. But then NG on count 7? Count 6 alone says they thought she WAS romantically involved with him. I hope they talk, cuz it bugs me. :waitasec:

6 PERJURY

She was not romantically involved with Hemy Neuman.

7 PERJURY

None of Hemy Neuman’s feelings for her were ever returned

8 MAKING A FALSE STATEMENT

She said she had made it clear to Hemy Neuman that she did not want him to pursue her romantically.

9 PERJURY

She did not share a hotel room with Hemy Neuman in Longmont, Colorado.

10 Making a false statement

Denied that Hemy Neuman was in Longmont, Colorado, in July 2010

11 PERJURY

At the time she was in Longmont, Colorado, with Hemy Neuman, she believed he was there on business for GE.

12 PERJURY

She and Hemy Neuman did not kiss while in Greenville, South Carolina

Please don't think I'm badgering you, but I am so glad that you said you agreed with these two NGs because I couldn't for the life of me understand how of all 13 counts, the two slam-dunk guilty charges were found not guilty. I need to know the thought process behind the case not being made on these two specifically.

I agree that the testimony of others is scattered and I too was surprised that NO ONE told her what happened on the phone or in person, especially when she shows up and there's police tape all over. Parents dropping their kids off actually witnesses firsthand the murder, so it seems far-fetched that she was completely in the dark, BUT the point is Andrea 'Pants on Fire" Sneiderman was CRYSTAL CLEAR, no doubt about it, stoic in her claim that she did not find out that Rusty had been shot until AMC. She didn't just say she found out Rusty was dead at AMC, she said it was the first time she found out he was shot and that he was dead. She interrupted Don Geary's questioning just to make that point. She didn't hem and haw, she was precise and she was clear and she left herself no wiggle room. She was positive. In my opinion, all the prosecutor had to do was match the time of the text message to the time stamp on her hurling herself all over the parking lot at Dunwoody or, more importantly, the time stamp on any security camera at Atlantic Medical Center and if that text was sent before she got to the hospital she is guilty of perjury. It can't be any simpler than that. Of all 13 counts, the fact that she was found not guilty on those two is scary for the state of our justice system.

Don't be silly, I love the friendly conversation and debate :)

See attached verdict form

Even their verdict form makes no sense. If she's guilty of 4 she's guilty of 5 and vice versa. You can't split the two. Why was 5 originally checked as guilty and then changed, but 4 was never checked as guilty? Makes no sense.

For the Sneidermans' sake I hope the jury doesn't speak out because there have been new trials and overturned verdicts because of the things that the jury has considered in the jury room to come to their verdicts.

I find count 7 - NG very puzzling. If you look at counts 6 -12 all guilty. No, maybe not in love with him, but count 7 doesn't say anything about love at all. Maybe because they didn't see any e-mails where she shared her feelings towards him? :dunno: I just don't get it. :waitasec:

It would appear that they did think she was having an affair by a GUILTY on count 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. But then NG on count 7? Count 6 alone says they thought she WAS romantically involved with him. I hope they talk, cuz it bugs me. :waitasec:

6 PERJURY

7 PERJURY

She said she had made it clear to Hemy Neuman that she did not want him to pursue her romantically.

9 PERJURY

11 PERJURY

At the time she was in Longmont, Colorado, with Hemy Neuman, she believed he was there on business for GE.

12 PERJURY

Yea, who knows on that count 7. I have to guess that maybe it's an interpretation thing about the wording of that accusation. Hopefully they'll do interviews and we can find out.

Thank you so much to the posters who put up the charges and the brief synopsis! I voted NG on counts 4,5,13 after I read them. I personally wasn't sure beyond a reasonable doubt if she was guilty of those. Probably, yes. I can see why some of the jurors may have been on the fence about those. I did not understand the NG on 7. IMO

I find count 7 - NG very puzzling. If you look at counts 6, 8 -12 all guilty. No, maybe not in love with him, but count 7 doesn't say anything about love at all. Maybe because they didn't see any e-mails where she shared her feelings towards him? :dunno: I just don't get it. :waitasec:

6 PERJURY

7 PERJURY

9 PERJURY

11 PERJURY

12 PERJURY

Counts 8-12 deal with her/his actions. 6 and 7 deal with feelings. IMO, 6 depends on which of the definitions of "romantic" you're going with.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/romantic

I wonder what AS told her children this morning before she left for court.

I wonder if she really realized she might not be coming home tonight. Probably not, she is to arrogant to think the jury would find her guilty of any of the 13 charges.

I didn't follow the Hemy trial, I did read up and watch clips before AS trial.

I do not feel one once of sympathy for her or her mother. The ones I feel sorry for our the children because they lost their father and now possible their mother.

I hope judge gives AS a harsh sentence for the guilty charges the jury gave her.

Lastly thanks for letting me participate in this trail with you all.

AS applied for the $2M death benefit from RS life insurance policies on 11/30/10 and received the $2M plus interest on 2/17/11. posted by Zuri

Hi Zuri. I believe she did recieve the funds, but they have been frozen as per lawsuit by SS.
The policies were both written before the children were born, and Mr. S was named benificiary in one, AS in one. Mr. S imediately said to turn his share over to the children, and they froze AS's. For good reason, it turns out. She would have spent it ALL on attorneys, and would have had 7 or 8 instead of just 5.
AS sold their lake home to her folks for almost $500,000.00 because she needed $ to pay the attorneys. I doubt that covered it, but I suppose her folks came to the rescue. At least for the $40,00.00 guy. lol
If she spends even more on an appeal, (and she will), she will bankrupt the whole family.
Oh well.

:seeya: Great Points, LaLaw !

Question : What :jail: does she go to ?

Thanks !

I don't know a thing about GA law and their penal system, but the place of imprisonment (doesn't that sound good, folks?!) may have to do with the length of time she will be serving -- who knoze?

In NC, the prison assignment has to do with the type of custody the individual convict (another good word, huh?!) is assigned, such as minimum custody, medium custody, close custody (in cuffs and maybe leg-chains when out of the cell (another good one!), or maximum custody. Each NC jail is set up by types of cells and types of staff, according to custody.

A new prisoner is sent to a special prison for health, psychiatric, and other evaluations. After the evaluations are done, the prisoner is assigned a particular prison. If the GA prisons are like NC prisons, most house either male-only or female-only, altho some prisons house both -- but this is rare. Further, NC, like most states I'm sure, has more male prisons than female prisons. (please excuse the "in NC, we do it like this" chatter of mine, but that is all I know about...
icon11.gif
Just offering these tidbits...)

It will be interesting to see.

I'm betting, however, that Miss Regal Fancy Pants won't like her new housing arrangement, no matter where she is sent. And the food? And a stainless steel toilet seat? And no privacy? And a work assignment perhaps? And the "dress code"? And showers only every other day, prolly?
B*tchin' baby!

Thank you so much to the posters who put up the charges and the brief synopsis! I voted NG on counts 4,5,13 after I read them. I personally wasn't sure beyond a reasonable doubt if she was guilty of those. Probably, yes. I can see why some of the jurors may have been on the fence about those. I did not understand the NG on 7. IMO

Can you explain to me your thoughts on the NG for 4 and 5? I just can't wrap my head around it and come up with a logical explanation for how those two specifically could be NG.

The only thing I can come up with as I looked at the jury form again is that I think the prosecutors dropped the ball in saying she didn't know he was shot before she got to Dunwoody, when they should have said she didn't know he was shot before she got to Atlanta Medical Center, because that was her testimony. It's a bigger window and even more far-fetched that she didn't know since there were parent eyewitnesses to the murder, a crime scene, police officers at the school, and she stated it that leaving her children at the school was the 'safest place for them to be'. If her husband was in a car accident, why would she be worried about the kids' safety? The point being, it shows she's even more of a liar because she claims despite all that, she didn't know he was shot until she got to the hospital, which was much later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member