GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sills said the Dermond's three adult children have been cleared of any role in the killing and disappearance. He said investigators are without a clue in the disappearance or location of Mrs. Dermond.

Russell was described by neighbors as a familiar face in the community, and many were surprised that he was 88 years old. He could frequently be seen walking through the neighborhood or fishing on the lake.

Read more: http://www.wgxa.tv/story/man-murder...-lake-oconee-community-20140507#ixzz31DeMwsYx
WGXA-TV News That Works for You.
Follow us: @WGXAnews on Twitter | WGXA.tv on Facebook

I'll rule out helicopter too---too noticeable--------the savage animal/s that did this had ample time and knew the house

re: Life Dev. Center-----maybe his company provided the food stuffs???

If he was killed somewhere else and brought back to the house, they were after something in that home. IMO. Kept her alive to make sure they got it. What are the chances this couple was in the wrong place at the wrong time, taking pics or something? IMO. This is so sad

all possible swanniee-------am sensing more than one savage animal that did this (oh gosh--I sound judgemental). Hold her at the house and then bring Russell back--wow-thats hard to type. IMO--this feels like a highly personal murder

all possible swanniee-------am sensing more than one savage animal that did this (oh gosh--I sound judgemental). Hold her at the house and then bring Russell back--wow-thats hard to type. IMO--this feels like a highly personal murder

ITA HC. I wonder why his body was moved?? Was the perp dragging the body into his car but heard the phone ring and family member said on answer machine -something like-the family is on the way-we are worried...

thats the thinker------body was moved----am guessing LE processed the family cars thoroughly----dang--these people/person had alot of time and privacy

and---what would two elderly people HAVE, KNOW or WITNESS???????????

They are from New Jersey and moved to GA 10 years ago. Is there any way this was a mob hit? Can I say that?

This is just such a horrible crime. It makes me just just think throughout the day. What the heck could have happened to these lovely people in their 80's. There was a case this past year where family member/s where killed by someone paying for a hit from inside prison. Does anyone remember that case? It was probably in the last 6 months. Well I guess that isn't enough information...and there probably is many cases over the years from crimes being contracted from prison.

Anyway that was my first thought seeing that their son was murdered and the murderer was in prison. If you think of all the time that they have sitting in prison...and mental illness and blaming the victim type of person (ie...he made me kill him etc) I could see how this could be a hit arranged by the person in prison or someone connected with them.

I feel as though Mrs D is in the water as is his head...ugh....I also feel like they took it to hide the bullet they used....leave no trace kind of thing. Ugh..that all feels just awful to actually type....and think! ugh

This must have been just horrid for Mr and Mrs Desmond...my heart aches for them and the devastating trauma they experienced...and now their family has to deal with this tragedy...it is just so utterly awful....I hope they at least can feel some justice by having the monster/s caught.

Cbm----Welcome to WS!!

with the beheading it does seem like it IMO.....its just so bad in so many ways right?
The "sick" factor can spin in a few ways now I fear.

He said there was no blood-spatter pattern found, which means severing the head was not likely the cause of death for Russell Dermond.

“I want the doctor to tell me if even the death occurred there,” Sills said. “There’s no evidence of a bullet hole in the wall or anything.”

Due to the condition of her husband’s body, the FBI has checked for any sign of organized crime, Sills said. They’ve combed through phone records and financial records.

http://m.macon.com/?cu=spreed:/9678733/34179243

Morning Everyone!

Imo, the police are certainly dealing with a sociopath or sociopaths because they do seem to group up together at times. Anyone capable of decapitating someone is way beyond even the normal murderer. if there is such a thing as a normal or typical murderer in today's time. In so many cases it is no longer just about shooting them or stabbing them, its about torture, and depravity thrown in the mix now.

I am not ruling out that these crimes could have even been done by some evil teens who wanted to feel the thrill of murdering someone and then decapitating the head. There seems to be quite a few thrill kills recently. Teens who may have rage and hatred against the elderly or the wealthy. Taking his wife would just add to the thrill. They could kill her later whenever they wanted and how they wanted. She sure would be no match for anyone of them whoever it is. The murderers would know by taking Mrs. Dermond the news of the murder and abduction would make them get more media attention.

I am so afraid this crime isn't going to be solved. I firmly believe the Sheriff is stumped and at a loss as to who could have done such a heinous crime.

With everything left so pristine it seems they both were accosted in the garage and whoever it was never entered the home. Did they know that the less places they went less evidence would be left behind for LE to find? Somehow I think they knew that.

I am praying that the killer or killers made a mistake and left their bloody fingerprint somewhere inside of that garage. I even wonder if it could be a rich teen that lived in that community. We also see well to do teens carrying out horrific crimes. If so, then the Dermonds wouldn't be alarmed if they came up to them.

Remember that one case where two or three teens lured a guy to their home for purposes of murdering him? They were well to do kids in the neighborhood. They also cut that man's head off just for the hell of it. They killed him because they just wanted to see how it would feel to kill someone and cut their head off.

This crime is so heinous and macabre that I do not think it has anything to do with any family members doing this. I also don't think this is a payback of any kind. This couple just owned a chain of Wendy stores and had long been retired.

I am beginning to think this is the work of a sociopath who wanted to murder someone and cut their head off for the thrill of it. I have a feeling whomever it is ......is watching all the press this case is gathering. They are enjoying all the attention it is receiving.

JMO

They are from New Jersey and moved to GA 10 years ago. Is there any way this was a mob hit? Can I say that?

They retired and built the house in Eatonton about 10 years ago, but were living in other parts of Georgia before that. It appears as if they were born in NJ, but did not live there all of their lives.

CNN reported that he owned Wendy's and Chick-fil-A. There were no Chick-fil-A locations in New Jersey until recently.

"In determining the time line, Sills noted the Saturday and Sunday newspapers in the drive of the home."
http://m.msgr.com/mobile/news/article_35704cae-d56d-11e3-81f5-0019bb2963f4.html

I hadn't seen this.
IMO it looks like the crime was Friday night.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I found this-

The Dermonds had missed a Kentucky Derby viewing party Saturday afternoon, a gathering they had RSVP’d their intention to attend.

So imo this narrows it down to Friday into Saturday afternoon. Right??

From link above

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/09/3089222/autopsy-sheds-little-light-on.html

Cause of death is cranial cerebral trauma.

Ok, his head is missing and they said they think he was already dead BEFORE they uh... well you know.
Wonder how they know that?
They know he was moved a few feet so there must be evidence of head injury prior to death left behind somewhere.
Moo

I found this-

The Dermonds had missed a Kentucky Derby viewing party Saturday afternoon, a gathering they had RSVP’d their intention to attend.

From link above
http://www.macon.com/2014/05/09/3089222/autopsy-sheds-little-light-on.html
Friday's crossword puzzle was completed by Mrs. Dermond. Saturday's paper was still in the box.

Geez this is horrible. One day an 87 yr old woman is doing a crossword puzzle and the next this happens? !

Maybe the offender/s took Shirley from the scene because of DNA evidence they may have left. That was awful to type :(((

I found this-

From link above

In one of the links I just read the Sheriff says he believes it happened either Friday night or into early Saturday morning.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member