GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this site. After a lot of googling while reading about the Dermonds, I found a link to the forum. I live near this area, and have been there for work many times. This whole case is mind-boggling, but I just wanted to say I've read this whole thread and you guys are awesome sleuthers! Keep up the good work, and I'll try to add anything I come across.

Welcome Goprincess! We are glad you decided to join us.

Are we over-thinking this thing?
Mob hit?
Just a routine murder?
Kidnapping?
Where is the connection?????????????
Dang it.

Did not mean to down play murder by calling it routine. You guys know what I mean. What is the missing link in all this or is there one?

Why would anyone make a title transaction such as that, would it not cloud the title for any future sale? Certainly "R&L C" would not have an easy time selling a property such as this. I can only imagine the property was part of some inheritance and the "C's may be cousins or something. Still, it clouds the title and could be motive.

Quoting Rhyolite's post ~1285, which quotes Treelight's post w QUESTION of several hours ago, to the effect--
What if Dermonds held some real est w others as jt ten w rt of survivorship-
Couldn't these others benefit from MrD's death and Mrs D's disappearance?
Then linked to Maricopa Co, AZ recorders office and deeds & doc's w Mr&Mrs D on them.
(From Rhyolite's post, you can jump back to Treelight's post itself)

Someone ANSWERED, in the meantime, practically speaking, it would not benefit the others that much, unless Mrs D were also deceased.
Still would take a long time & court procedure to have her declared dead and for others to benefit -- to actually own, use, and sell the prop exclusively.
My answer/ thought is ditto.

ALSO-
Doc's I saw at LINK did NOT show Mr&Mrs D as jt ten w rt of survivorship w OTHERS.
Some recorders' deed info shows, for ex,
Joe Public and Mary Public, Grantors; Sam Smith and Sandy Smith, Grantees.

Looks like Maricopa County deed info SUMMARY lumps all of them together, like this in a 'name field",
not specifying whether the ppl are Grantors or Grantees.
Names: Joe Public, Mary Public, Sam Smith, Sandy Smith
One of the links w deed info SUMMARY:
http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/GetRecDataDetail.aspx?rec=19760046600

So we cannot tell in Maricopa Co info, who is grantor or grantee until we see the DEED ITSELF.

From doc's at link, Mr & Mrs D were grantors (sellers) in some transactions and grantees (buyers) in other transactions,
but I did not see them listed as holding title w OTHERS.

JM2cts and I could be wrong.:seeya:

Welcome!
I'm new to this site. After a lot of googling while reading about the Dermonds, I found a link to the forum. I live near this area, and have been there for work many times. This whole case is mind-boggling, but I just wanted to say I've read this whole thread and you guys are awesome sleuthers! Keep up the good work, and I'll try to add anything I come across.

The blood coagulates that fast? Just a note...I almost passed out watching my dog's ultrasound. Seriously, I got lightheaded and they had me sit down. :blushing:

You only get blood splatter when you have a beating heart and a major artery is cut, from the force of the blood being pumped by the heart. If dead and no heart pumping there's no force within the body pushing the blood out.

I am still here. Nothing really to say or add. Just want you all to know I am reading faithfully.

I guess I do have 2 cents to chip in on the obit. My husband has been a minister for over 30 years. The family writes the obit....sometimes with the help of a funeral home professional but most times, not. My husband has spoken at close to 300 funerals in the past 12 years. I can't think of one where a deceased child was not mentioned in the obit.
Does it mean something that Mark was left out of his dad's obit? Yes, I think so.

I gotta agree. Even infants that preceded a parent are mentioned in my circles.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Wonder who are the beneficiaries of the Ds life ins.

IS it far fetched to 'think' that someone who knew the couple may HAVE committed
the crime ? And maybe that someone beheaded Mr to make the crime appear more gruesome?
just thinking out loud.

I think that info was shared on here (yesterday?) by a local person...

That's strange, I can't find it. Could they have deleted it? I did a search on this thread for the word "pajamas" and came up with one post by someone named Honey-something mentioning it......but there was nothing about MrD having been decapitated by a "clean cut" (which IMO, if true, indicates an axe to me). ???

Wonder who are the beneficiaries of the Ds life ins.

IS it far fetched to 'think' that someone who knew the couple may HAVE committed
the crime ? And maybe that someone beheaded Mr to make the crime appear more gruesome?
just thinking out loud.

I've wondered that too. To make it look more gruesome so one might be less inclined to think that a family member could be in anyway behind it, after all, who would hire someone to decapitate their own father/grandfather/uncle, etc.

Regardless, to me it had to have been a professional hit man as I think that a random psycho wouldn't have been so careful and would have left more clues/evidence, IMO. Also, I am inclined to believe it was more than 1 person.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/13/3096235/new-search-coming-in-putnam-slaying.html

When I came across this article, the reporter's name seemed familiar.
Then I realized Joe Kovac Jr. of the Macon Telegraph provided coverage about Mercer law school graduate,
Lauren Giddings, starting ~ July 2011. w her death.
Last month her law school classmate and next door neighbor pled guilty to her death and dismemberment.
There were many W/S threads about her disappearance and death. RIP Lauren.

I hope answers and resolutions come much sooner for the Dermond family.
Also justice for them and approp punishment for the monster who caused such grief.

This was a bit over a year ago...but it does mention some crime in the community.

http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/2013/04/20/lock-your-doors-42013-211pm/

http://reynoldsplantationblog.com/category/security/page/2/
Start at bottom and work your way up. Then proceed to newer.posts.
IMO
the no .crime here" is a cover up and has been for 2 years,
Lock your doors and set your alarm systems warnings began in 12/2012.
Folks knew safety was an issue and we're told to keep their eyes open, not by RP, but by residents.

The big wigs did not want it reported.
Moo

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said he's well aware that Russell and Shirley Dermond's son was shot to death in 2000, but investigators do not believe that's in anyway related to the death of his father and the disappearance of his mother.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...k-shirley-russell-lake-oconee-murder/8905289/

It makes me wonder how Sills can be so quick to know this. I'm not doubting him but it leads me to believe Sills must have other info that's not been shared with the public that has so quickly caused him to rule out any possible connection, IMO.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/13/3096235/new-search-coming-in-putnam-slaying.html

A couple of excerpts from today's article:

As the hunt for a decapitation killer and potential kidnapper entered its second week, authorities were planning a Wednesday combing of wooded, vacant lots in an exclusive Lake Oconee subdivision

Putnam Sheriff Howard Sills said Tuesday that deputies continued talking to locals who may have known the retired couple.
“We have gathered a tremendous amount of forensic evidence, and we continue to,” he said

SNIPPED from the second article: "He was seen May 1 at a Publix supermarket, about eight miles by car from his house. Investigators said he may have been spotted walking along a golf course near his home the next day."

Another article I read said that he HAD been seen walking on the golf course. And, a third article quoted his son as saying he stopped golfing a few years ago. I wondered why he was walking on the golf course if he no longer golfed. Probably nothing, but it caught my attention.

And, another SNIP from the second article above: “The psychics are calling, the idiots are calling,” Sills added. “Unfortunately we’ll have one legitimate call and there are eight idiots that call. ... We still desperately need that call that will break this case open.”

This is probably terrible but that gave me the first chuckle I have had in regards to this case. This Sills fellow is something. I think I would really like him if I knew him.

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said he's well aware that Russell and Shirley Dermond's son was shot to death in 2000, but investigators do not believe that's in anyway related to the death of his father and the disappearance of his mother.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...k-shirley-russell-lake-oconee-murder/8905289/

Yes, he's been indicating for several days that "investigators do not believe" that -- which works for me, I guess, but I sure wish I knew: If they "don't believe" this, what DO they believe?

When I came across this article, the reporter's name seemed familiar.
Then I realized Joe Kovac Jr. of the Macon Telegraph provided coverage about Mercer law school graduate,
Lauren Giddings, starting ~ July 2011. w her death.
Last month her law school classmate and next door neighbor pled guilty to her death and dismemberment.
There were many W/S threads about her disappearance and death. RIP Lauren.

I hope answers and resolutions come much sooner for the Dermond family.
Also justice for them and approp punishment for the monster who caused such grief.

Very strange, the timing -- how quickly this case swept the aftermath of Stephen McDaniel's murder confession off the pages of Macon's The Telegraph/macon.com. Some disgruntled readers were loudly crying, "Enough!", but I appreciated the extensive follow-up in Lauren's case. I guess they were pretty much winding it down, anyhow -- but it is so strange to have another bodily mutilation case right on the heels.

I have noticed that Amy Leigh Womack seems not be co-writing with Joe Kovac on this case, as she did so often in Lauren's case -- thus far, anyhow. Maybe she has had enough of gory crimes for a little while.

It makes me wonder how Sills can be so quick to know this. I'm not doubting him but it leads me to believe Sills must have other info that's not been shared with the public that has so quickly caused him to rule out any possible connection, IMO.
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/channel-2-joins-dnr-survey-lake-near-putnam-co-cou/nfswy/

He has ordered file from APD and is looking into it, so no, IMO he is in no way SURE there is no connection.

Someone else could have been released recently that was tied to the group. People say 14 years is too long, unless you have served 14 years and just got out with revenge on your mind.

I'm not feeling the brothers friends or foes at all.

MD would be 60.
Children could be age 15-43
Any x wife ?
Common law wife?
He could have grandchildren even.
around 17- 25 right?

Great Grandchildren to the Dermonds.
Imagine if he was disowned - kid grows up hearing how awful his dad was treated ....
Never met grandparents, harboured extreme anger pent up.

Message to other kids?Heck yeah this is what you get for ignoring us.

When in reality MD could have ended contact with them.
I really want to know about MD!
DID he have kids?
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors